Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion

Mar 1, 2016 4:25 PM

That was lots of fun. It was very action packed episode.5/5!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Mar 12, 2016 12:53 AM

The voice actor for Saitama's role is good.
Pretty decent action.. he actually looks handsome with his hair LOL.
The last part was funny.. he's way too op.

Mar 31, 2016 1:06 AM
originanime

Seems like an anime that would have to grow on me.

Not bad so far though.

Apr 1, 2016 6:32 PM

Wow, much interesting than i thought 0_0
This OPness feels really fresh. and lol, unexpected ending theme
( ゚∀゚)o Favorite: Clannad, Aria, Higurashi, Monster, Idol Anime ✌('ω'✌ )三✌('ω')✌三( ✌'ω')✌
( ゚∀゚)ノ【LOVE】Sonoda Umi & Kisaragi Chihaya .+:。(*≧∇≦*)゚.+:。大好き!!
My old username was superlink1205
”リア充なんてそもそも都市伝説”〜白

Apr 2, 2016 7:19 PM
Hey guys, this anime really has our whole team buzzing. We got so excited with the lord boros vs saitama fight we made out own unique design, its a best seller already. Just wanted to share it with passionate fans, if you like classic fighting game styles by all means check it out, if not, carry on!

http://lightorigins.com/collections/one-punch-man/products/saitama-vs-boros

oh P.S. if you have any unique design ideas, please let us know, you can find our email on the site, or just leave it here, anything you would like to wear. If it gets chosen, we will ship you out the very first shirt for free!

Apr 3, 2016 10:17 AM

This show was fun, imo the first 3 episodes were the best because they felt the most satirical, it was just villains bigging themselves up and then getting BLAMMED by saitama, with humour along the way, which is how it should be.

Apr 6, 2016 3:13 PM
"Sorry about that"

omg aha, my sides fucking left the local cluster

Apr 25, 2016 1:36 PM
Great way to start an anime. It's funny, random, quickly introduces the MC in a simple fashion, and showcases one of the coolest action sequences in recent anime.

May 12, 2016 8:32 PM
So when is the Dubbed version coming out cause i cant enjoy the show if i have to read it

Jun 3, 2016 4:05 AM

Uhm...okay. Hope this will be better.

Jun 10, 2016 9:05 AM
Too OP for me...

Can't wait for the next episode!!!

Jun 13, 2016 4:41 PM
Wow, only thirty seconds in and we've got an explosion. We are in for a wild ride.

Jul 7, 2016 9:30 AM
I did not expect that much gore but I loved it. I found it so funny

Jul 22, 2016 6:22 AM

Nice action I have to admit.
He's op, but unlucky af...

Aug 12, 2016 11:36 PM

Amazing.

No relation to Piccolo from DB.

Saitama is OP AF. lol

I get beating people with one punch, but he can almost survive the force of being thrown by that Titan? lol

That dream sequence was amazing.

Another amazing song by Jam Project. ED is good and reminds me of Fate/Zero's song.
Modified by Rob, Aug 13, 2016 12:27 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Aug 15, 2016 5:52 PM

XiferVP said:
Ahhh after 2 years of hiatus from watching anime, I can have more leisure time to watch them this year. And what better start to rekindling that feeling of watching again than the "OP-one" Saitama haha! So far, things are looking good to me. Glad to see this one get animated.

Welp ~ First EP was great and expecting the same with the rest of the EP's :)

This. All of it XD.

But yeah, pretty good starting episode. Loved the Titan and the dream. Hyped to see how OP this anime can get XD
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Sep 2, 2016 10:50 PM

How many chapters did they covered for this episode?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 2, 2016 11:51 PM

ezaya said:
How many chapters did they covered for this episode?

I think it was 4 chapters.

Oct 17, 2016 11:25 AM

Huh, this was pretty damn awesome and hilarious.

I know the one joke of this show is that he always wins, but I hope this show remains solid from beginning to end, or at least as long as possible.

Oct 17, 2016 5:15 PM

Finally picked this up. First reaction: Wow nice animation, Second reaction: Just how many villains exist in this world?? xD

I think I will like this!

Oct 31, 2016 11:23 AM

So finally the infamous One Punch Man. I have to say the animation in some fights did not look like Madhouse at all, I thought I was watching a Gainax anime. It was pretty obvious that he met these strong opponents in a dream though. So far so good :3

Nov 10, 2016 1:26 PM

Heard a lot about One Punch Man from friends. Started watching it with a canadian friend, and was not disappointed. I love it xD

Nov 22, 2016 11:14 PM
I've beeen thinking about watching this show for a while.

It's pretty funny and has good action, good start to the series.

Dec 20, 2016 12:00 PM

So far I don't understand the hype for this series. It has a non existent plot but this was only the first episode. Need to take some time for it to grow on me. 3/5

Jan 4, 2017 6:30 AM

Oh wow.

OH WOW.

This was everything I expected it to be and much more.

The animation styles, especially Saitama's, is hilarious and awesome, the voice actor for him is spot on, the fights are well done, the entire episode is very humorous and funny, and to top it all off, the type of humor is EXACTLY what I've wanted in an anime. EXACTLY my type of humor.

I didn't expect the ending credits song, but then again I guess this whole episode was hilarity in pushing the unexpected.

Let's make this an anime I can finally complete, baby.

5/5, would watch again. Seriously.
【=◈︿◈=】 “Even a fool can make the impossible possible if he doesn’t give up." 【=◈︿◈=】

Feb 23, 2017 9:04 PM

Man, was that intense! The creation of the world is very unique, doesn't look like your typical action series, that's for sure. Animation is top-notch, the best I've seen in a long while, reminds me a lot of TTGL. Totally didn't expect Saitama to be a simple salaryman with hair before, I thought it was some other guy lolz.

Love it :3

Mar 7, 2017 9:20 AM

Didn't like it, it was to messy for me. I'll give at least EP2 a try.

Jul 29, 2017 3:03 PM

Meh, I'm not so impressed yet and certainly don't understand where all of the hype is coming from, but I'm willing to see where things are going. The main guy was pretty funny atleast
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA

Sep 29, 2017 6:22 PM

Oh wow, felt pretty bad for Saitama after he woke up and realized it was all a dream :(

Sep 29, 2017 7:04 PM

i wasn't expecting saitama to have HAIR. i thought i was watching the wrong anime for a bit until i finished the episode

Nov 20, 2017 10:15 AM

Conveniently placed clouds.
City A & B? Did they give up trying to name them?
Oops wrong shoulder.
Conveniently placed license plate.
Just a dream? That must suck.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.

Dec 26, 2017 10:02 PM

Despite watching it before and even catching up with the manga, it's like I'm watching this for the first time again ♡ So lovely~ Can't wait to rewatch the next episodes!

I want more of his dream sequences. So awesomeeeee~
Modified by Kajo_Senpai69, Dec 26, 2017 10:27 PM

Apr 5, 2018 7:20 AM

I think I will enjoy this series a lot. I liked the humor and the more serious story about goals and ennui. There were pretty cool monster designs too - I really liked the subterraneans.

May 12, 2018 3:03 AM

First time I watched this I thought that alien was the protagonist.

Aug 13, 2018 4:15 PM

So this is the popular show called One Punch Man. Mmmm, it was a good fight, I guess. 3/5
Life has no meaning.

Nov 1, 2018 2:01 AM
how do I watch it (xpct through animeh even, kissable, crunchyroll,etc any help?

Nov 15, 2018 6:45 AM
Taito10 said:
Amazing episode! Art and animation were very good.

5/5

One Punch Man >> Fate UBW

As animation?

Fate zero>OPM>UBW

Dec 3, 2018 6:16 AM

i SCREAMED at the ballsack chin kid & also when the huge monster killed his brother by accident xD

Dec 8, 2018 9:42 PM
Can I actually watch it on my anime list or what?

Jan 6, 7:48 AM

So I've just started that hyped and popular anime and it's quite meh so far.
Also I don't know why but I have a feeling that I've watched an american cartoon not shōnen comedy/parody anime.

Well, I'll try EP2

Mar 24, 3:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

So I finally got myself to see one of the most popular and hyped shows ever.. and I liked it alot, the first scene looked straight out of a final boss battle. O.O

Cant complain about the animation, probably some of the best I have seen, really a visual fest.

May 20, 8:45 AM

Wow! This is by far the best first episode I've ever seen! Everything is so badass!!!

May 20, 8:48 AM

kawaiinekolover said:
Wow! This is by far the best first episode I've ever seen! Everything is so badass!!!

It only gets better from here, the animation is crisp all the way through. Although be prepared for the second season because its animation does not even come close to this quality. If you're a fan of this show by the end then you'll enjoy Mob Psycho 100 as well.

Jun 8, 12:27 PM

Yea. The animation is good as I remember it. But I am not so sure on the pacing. Probably not good for a first episode.

Starting with city shots was pretty boring. The first encounter was ok, but I feel that the second one with the giant could have been better. It felt kind of empty. Also, the soundtrack for this whole episode felt kind of empty.

I guess One Punch Man is an anime that only picks up steam after more side character are introduced.

Jun 17, 8:30 AM
It was meh. Didn't really enjoy it, the story hasn't really been laid out that well imo.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Jun 19, 10:41 AM
i laughed a lot

i have a good feeling about this one

Jun 27, 7:09 AM

Hmmm, i just started watching this cause of all the hype for s2 but when i watched this episode the animation kinda disappointed me.. If im being honest it just looks like a fan-made fight or something.

Well i guess this is still the first episode so we'll see :)
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 12, 9:35 AM
Hongu said:
I'll admit I was blown away at the SAKUGA! Definitely a lot of talented animators behind this one, but what do you expect when the director is the guy who's animated for Space Dandy?
Voices all sound great, pacing was perfect and it stayed true to the source material. A very fun and exciting, albeit a bit random, first episode. But that's just how the beginning of the manga was.
Soundtrack is on point. Love the guitar riffs, fits the series perfectly.
My only complaint is the sound direction. The sound effects sound rather weak and unimpactful, and it's obvious that it's the same guy who did the sound effects for Parasyte (which were dogshit). The sound when Saitama ripped off the crab guy's eye was so bad, lol.

But other than that, this was a perfect first episode. Animation was stellar, voices, pacing, and soundtrack were all on point. Shame about the sound direction though. Oh well.
lmao you thought season one’s sound animation was bad? ...

Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

Preview MangaManga Store