Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: One Punch Man Episode 1 Discussion

Sep 9, 2015 7:47 PM

Very good adaptation, I would not have expected any less from Madhouse

5/5

Sep 9, 2015 8:28 PM

I'm so done with the current season, 2015 is filled with average new shows. One Punch Man alone won't be able to save this year. Will there be other pre-airs like this? I wanna see more promising new shows. I'm missing autumn 2014 awesome season.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle

Sep 10, 2015 12:49 AM

ernst said:
I'm so done with the current season, 2015 is filled with average new shows. One Punch Man alone won't be able to save this year. Will there be other pre-airs like this? I wanna see more promising new shows. I'm missing autumn 2014 awesome season.

I completely agree with you, 2015 as been so average that i can't wait for hopefully a more exciting 2016 in terms of anime. I think there have been other shows that will/have been pre aired, but they most likely will never go online.(I'm not 100% sure though)
Modified by alpha_shadow, Sep 10, 2015 12:57 AM
:3

Sep 10, 2015 10:17 AM

alpha_shadow said:
ernst said:

I completely agree with you, 2015 as been so average that i can't wait for hopefully a more exciting 2016 in terms of anime. I think there have been other shows that will/have been pre aired, but they most likely will never go online.(I'm not 100% sure though)

It's a sign that you need to switch hobbies, go watch american tv shows or korean dramas it might suit your taste

Sep 10, 2015 12:45 PM

fredchickens said:
alpha_shadow said:

It's a sign that you need to switch hobbies, go watch american tv shows or korean dramas it might suit your taste

heck no, you go watch that shit, don't tell us what to do because we have an opinion, lol
:3

Sep 11, 2015 5:32 AM

1. This is an extremely boring premise
2. I really hope idiots wouldn't call this "over the top" as well. Learn the difference between OTT and Michael Bay.
3. If this is supposed to be a parody is not a very funny one .
4. I will keep watching because of Madhouse

3/5

Sep 11, 2015 5:47 AM

1 line: EPIC ADAPTATION

Haters gonna hate :P

Sep 11, 2015 6:37 AM
Nice Sakuga! Let's hope it can keep up the high budget animation.

Sep 11, 2015 10:17 AM

this is so damn perfect..if it can keep up like this then it will become so popular, be the anime of the year, and get a really high score here on MAL (around 9.00) which didn't happen since FMA:B..:3

11/10

Sep 11, 2015 11:11 AM

ernst said:

I don't see how one can look at this year and not come to the conclusion that it's been absolutely godawful unless you equate unending meta wish fulfillment fanservice series with quality like a lot of other people seem too. Almost everything lately has felt low budget and like the staff of your average series just don't give a single fuck other than seeing how much they can cut costs vis a vis how much money they can make for the producers off of the property. So many aimless shows that if they get good at all wait till the absolute last possible second to even half bother (usually 3rd last episode) and just a complete lack of inspiration in virtually anything really since all we're getting really lately are cash cow light novel and visual novel tie-in stuff. Historically at least some of those could still kind of be fun in other years as well (truth be told I didn't mind the second Oregairu season which was about the only Light novel adaptation I could tolerate and get something out of enough to actually finish in a while), all of a sudden it's like anime wants to just be the antithesis of fun and enjoyable again I guess unlike you really REALLY love tons and tons of fan service, otaku in joke stuff and what feels like the jaded commercial cynicism of your average staff bleeding through into how the characters in shows and the general feel of them comes off.

The last actually decent season was indeed Fall 2014 and this year it looks like the only possibly decent season will again be Fall. Next year I really don't know what to expect though, probably more light novel and visual novel centric adaptation stuff with established fanatical fanbases with rock bottoms standards that don't give a shit as long as the adaptation is produced. It's like we're stuck back in those Early 2000 years with just an unending stream of shitty uninspired eroge adaptations of the kind ADV would have picked up except now you actually get all the erotic stuff in the shows which is supposed to make them good by default if you listen to all the teenagers that now populate the anime forums.

I have this hunch I'll probably be taking a leave from anime myself after this Fall season unless Spring can somehow be not horrible this year (Summer and Winter I have no reason to expect anything out of given the trends starting in 2014) and wait till the next Fall where things will probably be good again. I just can't pretend to maintain any sort of interest in made for TV animation long term if it's going to be anything like most of 2015 was, it's just not worth it, most of my friends agree and have barely been paying much more attention than I have really (none of my friends have watched much of anything in a while really and are just kind of waiting for the new Attack on Titan if anything) and there will be plenty of good Western stuff starting up again soon enough anyway like House of Cards and some major league sports seasons. Not worth it is the feeling I have going forward.
Modified by PeacingOut, Sep 11, 2015 11:18 AM

Sep 11, 2015 5:14 PM

AMAZING!! Saitama FTW!

Sep 11, 2015 6:28 PM

Mikasa said:

2. I really hope idiots wouldn't call this "over the top" as well. Learn the difference between OTT and Michael Bay.

wtf? xD

Sep 11, 2015 8:00 PM

I was planning to wait patiently until October but I simply couldn't wait any longer...and boy, how did I enjoyed this episode.

The animation was superb, I really loved when I heard Madhouse were gonna animate OPM. And of course, they didn't dissapointed me. I hope they keep the same level on the other episodes.

Also I like Saitama's voice. I wasn't expecting that much though.

Can't wait for October 5!
Modified by -Koga-, Sep 11, 2015 8:04 PM
♪♪ All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be ♪♪

Sep 12, 2015 10:01 AM

Pandarenboy said:
Pretty fucking boring tbh don't really care about substancelless action but let's see.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox

Sep 13, 2015 2:16 AM

I was going to wait until October, but I'm about to go off on a trip and thought, "Lol, what if I died on the trip and never got to watch it?"
So I watched it.
Omg, hyperventilating, brb.
I pulled out my One Punch Man energy drinks that I've been saving for this moment although it's after the best by date and yeah it tasted kinda gross and has my throat feeling weird and slimy, but the drink got me pumped! I'm excited as heck to see more of this. I can't even tell you ho many times I said, "OH MY GOD" in a fangasm-tone. I'm so freaking excited and loved this episode. Holy crap.
Enjoy your day!
Enjoy your anime!

Sep 13, 2015 10:18 AM

Already released? xD I didn't know...
All credit goes to Sacred.

Sep 13, 2015 12:10 PM
FireEmblemIke24 said:
Already released? xD I didn't know...

Go watch it if you haven't =D Saitama is sooo badass in the first episode.

Sep 13, 2015 2:01 PM

Suikomaru said:
1 line: EPIC ADAPTATION

Haters gonna hate :P

Sep 13, 2015 3:35 PM

One of the most promising anime of all time as it air! Could possibly be the best of all time too. :D
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.

Sep 14, 2015 2:18 AM

I love it so far <3!

Sep 14, 2015 1:32 PM

So happy with the animation quality!! I'm super psyched for the anime adaption. Looks like we'll be getting a lot of action in judging by the number of fights in just this one episode XD

Sep 14, 2015 9:46 PM

okay I have to say it's dissapointing. It's so random that I'm pretty sure it will be repetitive if this gonna be longer show. Heck the comedy itself didn't even raise any smile. Well it's only 1 episode though, lets see
Modified by DannyTheDonkey, Sep 14, 2015 9:50 PM
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 15, 2015 11:51 AM

Is there some other eng sub release apart from HorribleSubs' version which is incomplete?

Sep 15, 2015 7:15 PM
As a manga reader i think the anime did a very good job art style and the animation both are fantastic 10/10 MADHOUSE YOU ARE THE BEST
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 15, 2015 7:33 PM

konrad509 said:
Is there some other eng sub release apart from HorribleSubs' version which is incomplete?

HorribleSubs' don't sub at all, so much more with this anime's episode 1. This was subbed only by 3 groups so far: [OnePunch], [4non] and [4nonStorm]. Not really sure with their relationship, but so far they're the only group who have subbed it so far.

HorribleSub won't release its version unless a proper episode will be aired that is in TV or in official anime streaming sites like crunchyroll and etc since all they keep doing is copy their release from them.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Sep 15, 2015 10:24 PM

This looks like it'll be a lot of fun! Made me laugh hard as hell when he woke up from that dream.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.

Sep 16, 2015 6:43 AM

i like how they tried to use some of ONE art in the fighting sequences, escpecially against the giant lil brother. good adaptation, faihtful to source material 9.5/10

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

Sep 16, 2015 7:03 AM

Xykko said:
i like how they tried to use some of ONE art in the fighting sequences, escpecially against the giant lil brother. good adaptation, faihtful to source material 9.5/10

I don't think, even those moments you're talking about have anything to do with One's art xD

Sep 16, 2015 11:19 AM

another fucking best soundtrack.. thank you madhouse!! 11/10

Sep 16, 2015 1:49 PM

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS? HELP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 16, 2015 3:12 PM

Clefairiess said:

kissanime

Sep 16, 2015 8:44 PM

Veldin461 said:
Clefairiess said:

kissanime

Anywhere near google.

Sep 17, 2015 10:45 AM
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Not worth it is the feeling I have going forward.

It depends on your expectations. I personally don't expect more than two shows to be watchable and only one of the two to actually be more than average. So if I end up with more than that I tend to be fine.

Sep 18, 2015 2:56 PM

I suppose It was OK... I don't think it will be my jam though.
No real introduction. Quite well animated, but the city is empty.
From the look of the opening, it's gonna be 1 episode, 1 villain.

Sep 18, 2015 4:00 PM

Smithier said:

This was just an introduction to the main character. On episode 2 the first arc beggins and from that point it will just get better, believe me xD
And yes, the MC lives in an almost empty zone of the city. That will be explained later

Sep 18, 2015 10:09 PM
Smithier said:

Don't worry One Punch Man has a lot of villains =D

Sep 18, 2015 11:02 PM
Madhouse pretty much nailed it, a very close and well executed adaption,not to mention the goldy ost and animation.I think the dream sequence felt more amusing in the manga,but meh it was still great.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
ernst said:

I don't see how one can look at this year and not come to the conclusion that it's been absolutely godawful unless you equate unending meta wish fulfillment fanservice series with quality like a lot of other people seem too. Almost everything lately has felt low budget and like the staff of your average series just don't give a single fuck other than seeing how much they can cut costs vis a vis how much money they can make for the producers off of the property. So many aimless shows that if they get good at all wait till the absolute last possible second to even half bother (usually 3rd last episode) and just a complete lack of inspiration in virtually anything really since all we're getting really lately are cash cow light novel and visual novel tie-in stuff.
Hope the trend continues, really enjoyed this season even if the most adaptions were pretty low budget,overall it's been a blast.

"unless you equate unending meta wish fulfillment fanservice series with quality like a lot of other people seem too."- That "quality" stuff is pretty subjective.I'd rather have more "shitty" fanservice LN adaptions than watch some snorefest like cowboy bebop ever again.Holy crap was that thing torture felt like some cheesy 90's cartoon...oh w8,and people call that quality.If we got more anime's like that I'd probably make the same decision as you and gtfo.
Feels gud to be in a Golden age(lel) of anime and watch things that are at least somewhat enjoyable.
Modified by ggYeti, Sep 19, 2015 11:39 AM

Sep 19, 2015 1:27 AM

That is a lot of damn good animation in just one episode.

Excellent adaptation. I might stick with the anime rather than continuing the manga.

Sep 19, 2015 11:35 AM

YES!!! YES!!! IT HAS BEGUN!!! ONE OF THE MOST HILARIOUS HERO STORY OF TRULY STRONG MORTAL EARTHBORN HERO!!!! ( WHO Seriously if he wanted could Kick Ass of Anyone From DragonBall!!!)

Well Saitama....you have trained your Body with Too much of hard Work...XD Normal Mosters (God and Disaster Class to others) don't stand chance against you.
Opening is OK.

Saitama is awesome even when he was normal person. Wow Kani (Crap) was brutally killed.

So...Vaccine Killing, Kani Killin and SHingeki no Kyojin...that what was in this episode....and No Damage on Saitama....Poor Kyojin (Titan) Strongest is Saitama

and at last some strong opponents but still did not stand a chance against him....ah just dream
Modified by Jarjaxle, Nov 30, 2015 4:10 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

Sep 19, 2015 2:10 PM

Ghiffaris said:
okay I have to say it's dissapointing. It's so random that I'm pretty sure it will be repetitive if this gonna be longer show. Heck the comedy itself didn't even raise any smile.

You watched one fucking episode. You're really gonna judge it like that?!

Well it's only 1 episode though, lets see

oh... well, then.

Sep 19, 2015 2:30 PM

Paul said:
My reaction the entire episode

If only I could like this, but i'll quote it for now. you left me in stitches.

Sep 19, 2015 3:25 PM

AsianYeti said:
Ghiffaris said:
okay I have to say it's dissapointing. It's so random that I'm pretty sure it will be repetitive if this gonna be longer show. Heck the comedy itself didn't even raise any smile.

Don't you see people dropping and rating animes between 1/10 and 4/10 in every single anime after watching only one episode of it?
That kinda happens in every single anime in this and every site, no matter how good the anime is.
It's perfectly normal to find bashing comments in a forum about any anime episode discussion, so if the worst comment you can find is just saying "it's disappointing, random and not very funny" that's really pretty good xD

Sep 19, 2015 6:29 PM

Veldin461 said:
AsianYeti said:

Don't you see people dropping and rating animes between 1/10 and 4/10 in every single anime after watching only one episode of it?
That kinda happens in every single anime in this and every site, no matter how good the anime is.
It's perfectly normal to find bashing comments in a forum about any anime episode discussion, so if the worst comment you can find is just saying "it's disappointing, random and not very funny" that's really pretty good xD

Meh guy just jealous of saitama...being bald n being the strongest MC in anime history...or just probably goku fans....

Sep 19, 2015 7:06 PM

Whoa. Is he even stronger than Goku? *~*

Sep 20, 2015 3:35 AM

WantedZai said:
Veldin461 said:

Meh guy just jealous of saitama...being bald n being the strongest MC in anime history...or just probably goku fans....

I also see people rating animes between 5/10 and 10/10 in every single anime after watching only one episode of it.

Perhaps fanboys. Isn't it?

Sep 20, 2015 5:02 AM
Not completely blown away by the first episode but I can see the potential easily of this series easily once it kicks off, already super interested the guy in the final scene. Some of my favorite anime had very underwhelming first episodes so I'm not gonna write this off right away.

Sep 20, 2015 5:19 AM

Smithier said:
WantedZai said:

I also see people rating animes between 5/10 and 10/10 in every single anime after watching only one episode of it.

Perhaps fanboys. Isn't it?

People hyped cause they read the manga, yes. This 1st episode was really good and faithful to the manga, so is just normal that people who love OPM for a long time to rate it 9/10 or 10/10, makes complete sense.
Now people rating this between 1/10 or 4/10 just by wathing the first episode(pre-air, btw) with no knowledge of what's to come, that is what does not make any sense
When I drop an anime after just one episode I usually delete it from my list, I don't rate it xD
I have no problem in saying I'm a One Punch Man fan boy, cause this series is greatness. I didn't rate it yet, but if I had to do it now I would rate it with a 9 or 10 xD
Modified by Veldin461, Sep 20, 2015 6:54 AM

Sep 20, 2015 7:48 AM

Veldin461 said:

People hyped cause they read the manga, yes. This 1st episode was really good and faithful to the manga, so is just normal that people who love OPM for a long time to rate it 9/10 or 10/10, makes complete sense.
Now people rating this between 1/10 or 4/10 just by wathing the first episode(pre-air, btw) with no knowledge of what's to come, that is what does not make any sense
When I drop an anime after just one episode I usually delete it from my list, I don't rate it xD
I have no problem in saying I'm a One Punch Man fan boy, cause this series is greatness. I didn't rate it yet, but if I had to do it now I would rate it with a 9 or 10 xD

Be ready to OPM will be called overrated shit, if it will be in top 100, at least. If anime have high high score - overrated shit, edgy, and etc. If low score - it is too deep for you, watch some edgy anime...No solution for this.

Sep 20, 2015 8:31 AM

Veldin461 said:
People don't rate it regarding what is to come or whatever, people rate the series in its globality. For now, the series in its globality is only 1 episode long. So they rate it.

"with no knowledge of what's to come" Readers do? Only 1 episode's out and you mean you know what's gonna happen? The anime could shift from the manga storyline. We know nothing.

Plus, if the anime is gonna do copy/paste manga, need really be blind to consider it worth more 5+ score, from a reader pov. Plus, considering an anime is great after only watching 1 episode of it and rate this anime 10 because the manga it is adapted from rocks, doesn't make sense. Because manga = manga, anime = anime.

Edit: The anime was, as you said "pre-air", do you know the reason why? To let people know if they'll like it or not then rate it.
Modified by Smithier, Sep 20, 2015 8:35 AM

Sep 20, 2015 11:20 AM
But but..the one punch man manga IS an anime....it has several chapters with a measurable FPS.

Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store