Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Charlotte Episode 10 Discussion

Sep 6, 2015 7:13 PM

So happy Ayumi is alive! No more feels please, I can't handle it.

Sep 6, 2015 8:40 PM

am i the only one who liked this episode? yuu not agreeing with nao when ayumi did the huehue thing, great.
though, i have a feeling ayumi will somehow die again, or just something bad happens.
Modified by ayaanos, Sep 6, 2015 8:46 PM

Sep 6, 2015 8:49 PM

If i had to guess the downside to yuu looting ability will be losing himself. Like how for 5 seconds his mind leaves his body, may become a permanent vegetable. Comotose(sp). He's been using his ability a lot there has to be a huge toll he's going to pay. 3 more eps left would be silly if nothing happened to him. This episode kinda made yuu's development and everything else pointless just saved ayumi in one go, while it took his brother countless attempts........, so hopefully this is just the calm before the storm.
Modified by davinci12, Sep 6, 2015 8:53 PM

Sep 6, 2015 10:20 PM

Interesting way to resolve an issue I guess. A couple of awesome things happened this episode:

1. Yu admits he is a sis-con
2. Yu seemed kinda upset that Nao says "It's not that!" to Ayumi
3. UM, AYUMI'S NOT DEAD?

This show just went +5000 points because Ayumi has now become the main character and now at least she's not dead, lol.

Sep 6, 2015 10:39 PM

Ugh Ayumi is back. I knew it was coming but it still hurt to see.

Sep 6, 2015 11:04 PM
So... why is this show called charlotte???

Sep 6, 2015 11:10 PM

All hail Maeda!!!!! No one as cute as Ayumi may stay dead!!!! Maeda my liege. Arigatou gozaimasu!!!

Sep 6, 2015 11:26 PM

I find it hard to believe that this whole time Yuu never realized he had the other people's abilities.

Well at least Ayumi's alive again, though her getting saved was predictable the moment she died. Not sure what they're gonna do with the 3 episodes.

Sep 6, 2015 11:34 PM

Umm so does this mean tomori's brother is still fucked and wont be able to recover?

Sep 6, 2015 11:46 PM
KaiserNazrin said:
Well, changing the future always have some negative effect. If he save his sister his sister, someone else might dies instead, someone like Tomori maybe?

^ Yeah.. the more I think about it, how the ED is just Tomori, and that quote from her VA about how she cried after reading the script, and that this is Jun Maeda after all.. Tomori might just become the feels-inducing martyr. Well poop, now I'm sad.

But also kind of looking forward to it. Kind of like how I keep rewatching Angel Beats episode 10.

Sep 7, 2015 12:02 AM

le spoilers: There is an insane amount of suffering and everybody dies. Then they magically come back to life, everything is explained, and all is happily ever after. That is how these types of anime end.
Or it's just Nao manipulating them all into doing her evil bidding.
Modified by Wow_Such_Doge, Sep 7, 2015 12:33 AM
The person who said that the pen is mightier than the sword has clearly never heard of automatic weapons.

Sep 7, 2015 1:26 AM

PERFECT. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. OMG YESSSS.
Best episode ever!!!!
It explained what exactly is going on and what happened in the past
And what happened to Shunsuke's eyesight
And showed them all together when they were little
And Yuu saved Ayumi
And scared the shat out of that brat with the box cutter
And he has sooo many abilities now
And he got it right on the first try going back in time
And it didn't turn into Steins;Gate even though it was in the back of my mind the whole time xD
It was so sweet at the end when she was holding her big brothers arm as they were walking T^T
This episode just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling ^_^
Amazing

I wonder how the future is affected now though. I mean how far back did he leap? I kinda lost track, but there's lots of stuff he's going to have to do all over again. And lots of stuff that got lost in the time leap. Like some Nao/Yuu bonding =( And helping her brother recover...Hopefully he can redo most of that, but there has to be something that goes wrong, sadly.

Edit: Also, now that Yuu has the Collapse ability...I wonder if he'll do anything with it? It seems like it's too dangerous to use AT ALL. It makes everything around the user totally collapse, so unless he steals some kind of protection ability soon he won't really be able to use Collapse, right? Hmm...And he tried out the baseball guys telekinesis, so I wonder if somehow all the abilities he's stolen up to now will come in handy somehow? I bet he'll put that flying ability to good use =P Or...Did he steal the flying ability? I don't remember...
Modified by BlackFox24, Sep 7, 2015 2:11 AM

Sep 7, 2015 1:56 AM

nanami_cow said:
politoadboy said:
It bothers me how literally all of Charlotte's issues would have been resolved if Yuu's brother told Yuu about his and Ayumi's powers.

For real, though. Pooh could have told them! Like, wouldn't he have known Ayumi had a power before? The second he realized that there was an ability called "collapse," wouldn't he have known it was Ayumi? I feel like Yuu's brother would have mentioned that that was her ability to him......so shouldn't he have stepped up to help his best friend's little sister? Or at the very least helped his best friend's brother through the grieving process after she died or something?

It just makes me so mad. All the characters kept a bunch of really important stuff secret just for the sake of making more mysterious plot...unless I'm missing something here?

Yeah it's pretty dumb. Not even just that- what was the point of Yuu's bro erasing their memories of him in the first place? Couldn't he have just told them everything and had Yuu take Ayumi's powers as soon as she got them? Not to mention Nao seems to be completely irrelevant to the plot now, and now the only decent episode(The episode Yuu goes psycho) has literally no significance whatsoever because little imouto is back anyway so the development has disappeared. Maeda always does this. He always develops his characters and themes in one area really well (With Clannad it was Family and Little busters! it was friendship) and then decides "nah, after all that development we might as well just have all the characters come back to life for some asspull reason because why not". It's really insulting to develop a character in such a way only to completely go against the moral of the story and bring everyone back to life.
All these problems and that hasn't even gone into how ridiculously 1-dimensional the characters are.

Sep 7, 2015 1:57 AM

This show just went from bad to very bad.SIGH

Sep 7, 2015 2:38 AM
who is the black hair gilr in OP?

Sep 7, 2015 2:56 AM

Well i pretty like this episode. I see this show isn't made for everyone, but as long as the majority likes it who cares? The joke is still there. Takajo and yusarin still make the best pairing . I lol'ed when they say "By the way, there is no magic spell for saving a life". The cuteness isn't going anywhere as long as we have yusarin and ayumi. Well i find it too much tho if yuu ended up being siscon, once more this is my personal opinion.

I wonder if yuu will meet sala and nao's brother again in the near future, or rather saving nao's brother from the past. But i bet something bad will happen in the last 3 episodes, either to yuu or nao.

One more, i dont think charlotte is even a bit like steins gate. They are very different, in genre and story. while steins gate has science fiction as it's main theme, charlotte is more like super power. It's super power you know, stop asking for explanation for un-scientific things.
Don't expect things to happen. It is better to be surprised, than to be dissapointed.

Sep 7, 2015 3:13 AM

I REALLY liked this episode. It was nice to have a breather one once in a while. I'd rather prefer a happy ending than to one leaving an awful taste in my mouth afterwards.

I wonder what hefty price Yuu would have to pay for using his abilities.
And many things like recovery of Nao's brother, meeting of Yuu and Sala were left undone. I also wonder if it would affect Yuu in some negative way.

But... the bigger mystery is...

Sep 7, 2015 3:33 AM

What if Charlotte is Yuu and Tomori's child...? Nah...I'm just waiting for tonight's preview!
FinalFlash18 said:
I REALLY liked this episode. It was nice to have a breather one once in a while. I'd rather prefer a happy ending than to one leaving an awful taste in my mouth afterwards.

I wonder what hefty price Yuu would have to pay for using his abilities.
And many things like recovery of Nao's brother, meeting of Yuu and Sala were left undone. I also wonder if it would affect Yuu in some negative way.

But... the bigger mystery is...

No one knows! I think Yuu will lose his memories. Because in the two promotional posters, one states that even if you lose something important (Ayumi), the boy stands up against his destiny, then the other states even if you forget about someone important (Nao?), the monster(Yuu goes beserk?) will continue to challenge his fate.

Sep 7, 2015 4:01 AM
Elchimo said:
Well i pretty like this episode. I see this show isn't made for everyone, but as long as the majority likes it who cares? The joke is still there. Takajo and yusarin still make the best pairing . I lol'ed when they say "By the way, there is no magic spell for saving a life". The cuteness isn't going anywhere as long as we have yusarin and ayumi. Well i find it too much tho if yuu ended up being siscon, once more this is my personal opinion.

I wonder if yuu will meet sala and nao's brother again in the near future, or rather saving nao's brother from the past. But i bet something bad will happen in the last 3 episodes, either to yuu or nao.

One more, i dont think charlotte is even a bit like steins gate. They are very different, in genre and story. while steins gate has science fiction as it's main theme, charlotte is more like super power. It's super power you know, stop asking for explanation for un-scientific things.

Well yes i agree on the last part its not ''scientific'' but super power,so its pointless asking for details about how it works and paradoxes etc...

But still there are some things that should be explained ....example :

1)Nao's brother how he got on the road to recovery?This is something that didnt happen before Yuu time leaped?
2) Why Yuu found it completely normal???Isnt it normal to wonder,hey this didnt happen before maybe other things would change as well?
3)Some stuff about that orange hair girl,and kumagami/shun not helping from before about his sister.

Maybe they are part of the plot and will be explained later on i guess,but something tells they just gonna be left out as plot conveniences^^.

Sep 7, 2015 4:57 AM

darboux said:
Elchimo said:

Well yes i agree on the last part its not ''scientific'' but super power,so its pointless asking for details about how it works and paradoxes etc...

1)Nao's brother how he got on the road to recovery?This is something that didnt happen before Yuu time leaped?
2) Why Yuu found it completely normal???Isnt it normal to wonder,hey this didnt happen before maybe other things would change as well?
3)Some stuff about that orange hair girl,and kumagami/shun not helping from before about his sister.

Maybe they are part of the plot and will be explained later on i guess,but something tells they just gonna be left out as plot conveniences^^.

Since its not explained in the anime let me share you my personal theory xD:

1. I think, shunsuke and friends just met nao's brother after the last time travel after they build the facility. Like whats ep 10 told us, not everyone get captured by scientist, they got caught one by one or just a few of shunsuke's group got caught. But shun still time-leaping until no one in his group get caught. There is a possibility children that were not in shun's group get caught by scientist.
Shun and friends just met nao's brother (maybe) and some others who got caught by the scientist after they own the school. Maybe the scientist already disposed them by then. And since shun cant time-leap again, shun could only build facility to help them recover.

2. Beats me, yuu didn't know anything behind the facilities or his past until this point. Since he got his memories erased.

3. Shun knows his siblings ability power i bet, but kumagami didn't know that ayumi is the one who has the collapse power. So after pooh told nao and the other, he told shunsuke. And after that pooh and orange haired girl learned that they are too late. They rush to the school where ayumi is to secure her, i bet.

And probably, not everyone has their memory when they got caught by scientist. So far only yuu got his memory back in a dream.
Don't expect things to happen. It is better to be surprised, than to be dissapointed.

Sep 7, 2015 5:49 AM
Elchimo said:
darboux said:

Since its not explained in the anime let me share you my personal theory xD:

1. I think, shunsuke and friends just met nao's brother after the last time travel after they build the facility. Like whats ep 10 told us, not everyone get captured by scientist, they got caught one by one or just a few of shunsuke's group got caught. But shun still time-leaping until no one in his group get caught. There is a possibility children that were not in shun's group get caught by scientist.
Shun and friends just met nao's brother (maybe) and some others who got caught by the scientist after they own the school. Maybe the scientist already disposed them by then. And since shun cant time-leap again, shun could only build facility to help them recover.

2. Beats me, yuu didn't know anything behind the facilities or his past until this point. Since he got his memories erased.

3. Shun knows his siblings ability power i bet, but kumagami didn't know that ayumi is the one who has the collapse power. So after pooh told nao and the other, he told shunsuke. And after that pooh and orange haired girl learned that they are too late. They rush to the school where ayumi is to secure her, i bet.

And probably, not everyone has their memory when they got caught by scientist. So far only yuu got his memory back in a dream.

1)but her brother was ill for quite awhile ....and yuu didnt time leap so far back to change anything about her brother/nao's past.
Its like for example you have a friend thats handicapped and the doctor's said he never gonna walk you time leap 1 month and magically your friend can actually walk.It does not make sense,Yuu time leaping didnt affect the brother's past.

Aum this does not have to do with Shun time leaping but with Yuu.
2)Its same as the example above. Yuu time leaped prolly just a month or so and at that time there was nothing about her brother recovering.Doesnt it seem strange?what changed?The only thing he did was save his sister..

3) Ye i guess that can explain it .Wonder if the anime will make it clear tho.Still Shun telling from beforehand on how dangerous Ayumi ability was and using Yuu to steal it would prevent any bad stuff happening.Seems like a better solution to me. wonder why not...

Also another thing i thought of :
4)The memories of Yuu from where are they? I mean from Shun's story after his last time leap he did not let anyone get captured no?We also saw that they changed their memories before they get caught by the scientists.
So wtf excactly Yuu remembered it does not make sense?or i am missing something....he can remember memories from different timelines?because Yuu in this timeline never got caught i think...

Sep 7, 2015 5:58 AM
darboux said:

Urm I think Nao said her brother was on the road to recovery thanks to Sala and Yuu, which was before Yuu time leap.

Also, check this out guys, found this on a Chinese Charlotte fan page thing, can't confirm the accuracy but thought it was pretty cool

Sep 7, 2015 5:59 AM

holyfuck i just realized that it only has 13 eps =.= how would maeda pull something good geezus

Sep 7, 2015 6:01 AM

BionicX- said:

thats interesting

Sep 7, 2015 6:09 AM

kurikinton said:
BionicX- said:

thats interesting

It would actually make sense but I can't tell what powers are relevant and what isn't. The 'E' is Yusa/Misa, as Evocation means to call upon spirits and demons the such while Emblaze can mean to illuminate with a source of light. Obscure is Nao's ability but where is Permeation and Teleport?

Sep 7, 2015 6:21 AM

Iritails said:
kurikinton said:

thats interesting

It would actually make sense but I can't tell what powers are relevant and what isn't. The 'E' is Yusa/Misa, as Evocation means to call upon spirits and demons the such while Emblaze can mean to illuminate with a source of light. Obscure is Nao's ability but where is Permeation and Teleport?

We can forget about permeation since there is no 'p' in 'charlotte'. And i think 'Teleport' fits better than 'Transmission'.
Though i dont understand why takajo calls his ability teleportation when all he did was moving at sonic speed, lol.

Sep 7, 2015 6:34 AM
Modified by dmr, Sep 7, 2015 6:45 AM

Sep 7, 2015 6:38 AM

Oh my.... Something REALLY BAD is gonna happen!!
My heart's beating really fast.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 7, 2015 6:41 AM

Holy shit, that looks dramatic!! Now I'm going to be on tenterhooks all week waiting for the next episode! Thanks very much for posting!

Also thanks to Yuu_vi_Britannia for posting - you guys posted within a few minutes of each other =)

Sep 7, 2015 6:47 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Episode 11 Preview

something bad will happen to yuu or ayumi or shun

Sep 7, 2015 7:01 AM
It seems Yuu is going to lose his sight...

Sep 7, 2015 7:08 AM

Oh man, it's just like we hoped. Something really bad is going to happen next episode. Awesome! I can't wait.
I wonder if accumulating all those powers is starting to take a toll on Yuu...
MALoween 2017 Candy:

Sep 7, 2015 7:08 AM
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
「C」ollapse
「H」ypnotism
「A」scertainment
「R」emove memories
「L」ooting
「O」bscure
「T」ime leap
「T」eleport
「E」vocation

thats interesting.But what happens when he gets the CHARLOTTE.end of days?.?

Sep 7, 2015 7:18 AM

Having after Yuu stole all that powers for him, I'm afraid to think what kind of drawbacks or consequences he has to face later, that power of him is just too powerful, there must be some kind of drawbacks.

Sep 7, 2015 7:19 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Episode 11 Preview

any subtitles ?
on 0:06-0:07 isn't that the same visual effect of collapse ??

Sep 7, 2015 7:22 AM
The preview...

for this part

this looks like blood coming out of his eyes

is she holding a pair of scissors?

Sep 7, 2015 7:22 AM

I---s that Sala Shane as the female character who attacked Yuu ?

Sep 7, 2015 7:31 AM

Dem laser beam tho

Sep 7, 2015 7:34 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

LOL, 80% identical

Sep 7, 2015 7:35 AM

I don’t know it felt a little meh in the first half tbh but I really enjoyed the final bit when they saved Ayumi even though it feels like there is a catch.

Sep 7, 2015 7:36 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Seiryuu2 said:
I---s that Sala Shane as the female character who attacked Yuu ?

If that's true....why her?

Sep 7, 2015 7:40 AM

Smudy said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

If that's true....why her?

Because... unexpected plot

Sep 7, 2015 7:43 AM
Fodshello said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Episode 11 Preview

any subtitles ?
on 0:06-0:07 isn't that the same visual effect of collapse ??

...Wow.... It looks like things are going to take a very dramatic turn here O_o

Sep 7, 2015 7:53 AM

Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
After Nevada-tan another evil loli

lol, I am betting Sala Shane is going to take her another role on next episode

Sep 7, 2015 8:03 AM
SHSL Sugar Daddy

Steins;Gate did it much, much better. I am disappoint by this episode, Maeda Jun.

Sep 7, 2015 8:05 AM

DeadIEnd said:
Steins;Gate did it much, much better. I am disappoint by this episode, Maeda Jun.

Someone actually really said it, Good job.
+1

Sep 7, 2015 8:07 AM
So another loli attack? LOL...why are they are making to look so evil? kinda refreshes AB memories...

btw is yuu going to use time leap again?...looked like it
Modified by Spectre007, Sep 7, 2015 8:33 AM

Sep 7, 2015 8:16 AM

Maybe she's pissed at Yuu for the yandere girl? Like she awakened her powers of 'igniting stuff from the mouth!', thinks she can do everything, hears from the yandere what he did against her without caring about Ayumi because the yandere made it sound like the latter was in the wrong.

More excited 'cause horribly written aftermath is coming! By the way, Yuu's voice actor is sugoi! All the cries and screams!

Sep 7, 2015 8:26 AM

ani12 said:
So another loli attack? LOL...why are they are making to look so evil? kinda refreshes AB memories...

btw is shun going to use time leap again?...looked like it

Do you even pay attention to the show? Yuu looted the time leap.

Sep 7, 2015 8:33 AM
Smudy said:
ani12 said:

btw is shun going to use time leap again?...looked like it

Do you even pay attention to the show? Yuu looted the time leap.

Forgot it:P so yuu is going to use it?

Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »