Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2015 10:24 PM

Aug 2014
The Charlotte God, Jun Maeda, had answered my prayers lol

Welcome back, Ayumi!! One of the cutest little sisters in an anime show. Also, damn.. Yuu is a badass with utilizing all those powers. I think the anime should have just ended here, happy note.. saving the day... Ayumi

Anyways, Shall we be worried for next week? Is it a calm before the storm type? Will Nao still be the most hated character here in MAL? Well tune in next time on DBZ (Charlotte Edition)

P.S: Who tf is charlotte?
Sep 5, 2015 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
Iritails said:
Taurus_Silv3r said:
It's all well and good but the real question is....
-Who the hell is Charlotte?! 0_o

That's the question we are all asking, my friend. Next episode will have the answer. I bet it's some goddess or something. (Or maybe it's all the dead Ayumis from alternate timelines transcended into one being) Who am I kidding? :)

I think you've got the wrong show here bud (When the Cicadas Cry, wink wink).

But eh, Charlotte huh. It's something I've wondered every now and then, but not given much thought about. Who is it, indeed.
I bet it's Yuu! He goes back in time far enough for some reason, and by being overloaded with so many abilities at once, he's the one that somehow started it all! He's the progenitor! He's God!
I must be right. Yup.
Sep 5, 2015 10:49 PM

Feb 2014
Yu's stole his brother's Time Leap. Then used Time Leap to the past. Then doesn't that mean his brother still have the Time Leap ability as Yu have not met him in the new time period? This means both of them have the Time Leap ability, but his brother is already blind, so nah.. And wait... how come Yu still have the power before he did the time leap? The power is kept within his mind, not his body? So all those people whose power Yu stole were stolen before the leap, and in the new time period they still have their powers, yet Yu still have their powers.

Never mind, Yu time leaped back to two days before Ayumi is projected to die, not the time before he met Tomori. So he shouldn't have the time leap ability after he used it. Therefore, he will have the abilities he looted so far.
tetrix1993Sep 6, 2015 12:24 AM
Sep 5, 2015 11:05 PM
Oct 2007
Hmmm.. I'm not sure how to feel about this episode.. Too convenient.. Way too convenient.. I can't say I did not enjoy this week though.. I guess the hype kind of make my expectation higher.. Was expecting more.. Episode wasn't impactful enough..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2015 11:34 PM

Nov 2013
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Lollo36 said:
There's one scene that still gives me one last glimmer of hope: the one where they show Nao's expression after going to visit Ayu. Maybe it's a hint for the last big twist, which hopefully involves Ayumi dying and staying dead. How are they going to fill the last 3 episodes, otherwise?

another wrong prediction?

I'll say this: your whole "Nao is completely evil" prediction would have still been miles better than this episode.
At this point, since the anime already negated all of its previous development and it's absolutely aimless after this episode, I hope that they go with your shitty and mean twist in ep11, it's not like there's something left to ruin. At least Nao's betrayal would be mildly fun to watch, unlike this episode. To be fair, in the last section where they have to protect Ayumi, it felt like the show was parodying itself, so at least it was fun in that regard.

These were my thoughts after episode 9:

Can you guess how butthurt I am?
Lollo36Sep 5, 2015 11:41 PM
Sep 5, 2015 11:46 PM
Jul 2015
Lollo36 said:
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:

another wrong prediction?

I'll say this: your whole "Nao is completely evil" prediction would have still been miles better than this episode.
At this point, since the anime already negated all of its previous development and it's absolutely aimless after this episode, I hope that they go with your shitty and mean twist in ep11, it's not like there's something left to ruin. At least Nao's betrayal would be mildly fun to watch, unlike this episode. To be fair, in the last section where they have to protect Ayumi, it felt like the show was parodying itself, so at least it was fun in that regard.

These were my thoughts after episode 9:

Can you guess how butthurt I am?

i'm pretty sure alot of people would hate that idea of Nao being evil because i don't see the reason why she would be evil.

A good idea is that Nao is actually a lesbian sadist and she tries to rape Ayumi and succeeded and her real power is yurifying turning women in to lesbians by raping them.

your idea sucks mine is better.
Sep 6, 2015 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
Pizza sauce is saved
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Sep 6, 2015 12:13 AM

Nov 2013
Power_Logic said:
i'm pretty sure alot of people would hate that idea of Nao being evil because i don't see the reason why she would be evil.

A good idea is that Nao is actually a lesbian sadist and she tries to rape Ayumi and succeeded and her real power is yurifying turning women in to lesbians by raping them.

PFFFFFFFT

Me and Yuu-vi-Britannia filled an entire thread with discussion about those twists, don't even try and be like "lol random subjective bullshit, look how funny I am".
Sep 6, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2008
Still wondering how the other two knew she was gonna be in trouble.

Kinda disappointed fate was changed so easily. It just reminds me of a couple other anime where the characters go back in time to try to prevent the death of someone and despite preventing how they died last time, something else still kills them, basically fate wants them to die.

Was honestly hoping something like Nao dying in Ayumi's place if he chose to save her and ends up being force to decide or something. But meh.
Sep 6, 2015 12:22 AM

Nov 2014
Why isn't this a parody? It's hilarious.
Sep 6, 2015 12:31 AM

Nov 2013
Huh, maybe I know where this is going: next ep they'll meet Sala, she won't help them because Yuu isn't sad, and Nao's brother will never recover -> drama happens between Yuu and Nao.
It wouldn't improve this episode that much, but at least it would be something vaguely interesting.
Sep 6, 2015 12:34 AM
Dec 2014
I just realized Sala sounds like Charlotte
maybe...
Sep 6, 2015 12:45 AM

Aug 2014
Lollo36 said:
Power_Logic said:

PFFFFFFFT

Me and Yuu-vi-Britannia filled an entire thread with discussion about those twists, don't even try and be like "lol random subjective bullshit, look how funny I am".

PFFFTT

I was in that discussion too lol

You could say I was an independent while Lollo and Yuu represented the Democrats and Republicans in United States Politics :D
Sep 6, 2015 1:31 AM
Sep 2015
Yuu went to the past, so meeting with zhiend'singer never happen and tomori's brother keep in that condision. :(((( but before yuu go to the past, he looks at tomori, maybe he want check about tomori's feeling
Sep 6, 2015 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
That was awesome :3
Sep 6, 2015 2:11 AM

Jun 2015
Smooth episode.
Damn the Big Brother is an absolute hero.
Someone should build a statue for him.
The rescue mission looks too easy tho... don't like the feel of it.
And the 3-episode rule really doesn't apply to this series at all... dk how to rate this anime D:

Sep 6, 2015 2:26 AM

Mar 2015
Genix said:
Iritails said:

That's the question we are all asking, my friend. Next episode will have the answer. I bet it's some goddess or something. (Or maybe it's all the dead Ayumis from alternate timelines transcended into one being) Who am I kidding? :)

I think you've got the wrong show here bud (When the Cicadas Cry, wink wink).

But eh, Charlotte huh. It's something I've wondered every now and then, but not given much thought about. Who is it, indeed.
I bet it's Yuu! He goes back in time far enough for some reason, and by being overloaded with so many abilities at once, he's the one that somehow started it all! He's the progenitor! He's God!
I must be right. Yup.

Well I was thinking more about Madoka and Homura but Bernkastel fits too I guess. However someone (wink wink Yuu...) will become a monster. In what way, no one knows.
Sep 6, 2015 2:38 AM

Dec 2010
Da_Harem_King said:

Why are you so mad though? It's not like you're any better. Why not make your own anime then? Create one and put your "PERFECT" ideas and plot in the anime. Oh i'm SURE it will be great! Typical hater....get a life man. If you're gonna criticize something, don't be a kid and chill. Don't overexaggerate by saying that it's bullshit. Say it's bullshit only if you achieved something big in your life, if you haven't done anything worthy of praise and respect then shut up and just watch.

Dat logic tho.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2015 2:51 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty good episode! I do feel like the problem being resolved was kinda rushed, but overall, I didn't think it was too bad.
I still really enjoyed this episode and how we were finally able to see Yuu save Ayumi.

So happy to see these two back together again! :)

Go Nao! >:)

Looking forward to next week! Hope there's a twist coming! *(^_^)*
Sep 6, 2015 2:52 AM

Dec 2011
This episode is kinda meh... I hope more drama + cliffhanger ending since iirc, Jun said there will also a "after story" and refrain version for charlotte too.

But how can you say no to this face?

Sep 6, 2015 3:22 AM

Dec 2012
Even though that was a great episode, Ayumi's rescue went way too smoothly. Knowing Maeda, this is most definitely not the end.

As long as imouto doesn't die again, I welcome the impending feels.

Sep 6, 2015 3:28 AM
Sep 2014
guyklc said:
I thought something really bad was going to happen to the two of them after Ayumi was saved... like when they were walking down the street, a truck or something will crash into them (like in Ushinawareta Mirai)

Sounds like Saike Mata Shite mo. The first arc anyway.
Sep 6, 2015 3:33 AM

Jan 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
LightBladeNova said:

Wasn't expecting that from you lol

Lollo36 is stressed, because it all his arguments are wrong or were denied by the anime.
;~~~~~~~~~~

you should shut up sometimes...Seriously, you are the most annoying person in Charlotte's forum.
Sep 6, 2015 3:35 AM

Dec 2012
Ayumi is probably Gakuto's mum de gozaru
Sep 6, 2015 4:04 AM

Jan 2014
Yay! Ayumi is back ☸ヾ(。╹ω╹。)ノ☸

What will happen to Nao's brother now though, as Yuu has traveled back in time and saved Ayumi he'll not become depressed, and therefore won't meet the singer of zheind. This means that Nao's brother won't be saved and become normal again D:
Sep 6, 2015 4:06 AM
Jun 2015
Plot twist: Ayumi is actually Kano deceiving Yuu!

Okay, I'll stop.
Sep 6, 2015 4:09 AM

Feb 2014
Well Ayumi si back. The episode went well but part of me is expecting that the plan won't work. Like Yuu successfully traveled back in time but its wasn't able to save Ayumi.

Or maybe Ayumi will die again but in a different way and this episode is a just a calm before the storm.
Sep 6, 2015 4:09 AM

Jan 2015
So Ayumi is saved.

4kicks said:

So let's compile a list of powers Yuu currently has in this time-line:
- Possession (the process through looting other power-users)
- Looting powers:
- Telekinesis (baseball guy)
- Thoughtography (underwear-photo archery guy)
- Flight (from the UFO-wannabe)
- Collapse (from Ayumi)
- Time-leap (from his other brother)

He need to use this ability more times. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 6, 2015 4:14 AM

Oct 2014
This too good to be true. Shit will go down soon, it has too :P
Sep 6, 2015 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
This episode is the deepest.
That's why any Storyboard from KEY is always the best.
Satisfied that Ayumi is alive.
Hooray for no pizza sauce!
"Wait... What was it again?"
-Wise words from Random guy in the Internet

Sep 6, 2015 4:15 AM

Mar 2008
Finally! Its a really nice episode!
Sep 6, 2015 4:30 AM

Oct 2012
I really thought Nao would die instead or Ayumi would die again from a different cause before the episode ended. (pretty much all steins;gate) It was too good and easy unless there's another plot twist in the next episode.
Sep 6, 2015 4:46 AM

Aug 2012
I could only guess that something will happen to Yuu .. I mean there should be a disadvantages while he use his "Loot/steal" skill or else maeda wants him to be OP
Sep 6, 2015 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode. The backstory about his brother was really interesting, so he is the man behind the schools. Yuu time-leaps back into the past and actually manages to save his little sister. I was also impressed by Nao believing Yuu about the time-leap.
And it was actually Pooh in the car.

Sep 6, 2015 5:07 AM

Nov 2014
i have a feeling something bad is gonna happen soon this episode was too much like a happy ending
Sep 6, 2015 5:31 AM

Aug 2015
I loved this episode alongside with the past episodes, but watching EP10 got me thinking what if Yuu had to time leap again or had to do it so many times he lost his eye sight like his older brother?
Sep 6, 2015 5:36 AM

Dec 2009
Inferno_Cop said:
Meh, I don't care what happens anymore to any of the characters.

LOL THIS.
Sep 6, 2015 5:46 AM
Jun 2013
I like this anime, not as much as the best of Maeda's works, but I really like it. The main problem is the pacing, its terribly rushed, some scenes and events could have more impact if only the show took its time to develop the characters.

About the Time Leap, I think the reason a few people still have their memories and abilities intact is because of Shun. He says at some point something like how he has to gather everyone and their present self and take everything to the past, so basically, the reason Yuu remembers that dreadful future, is because his memories and powers were protected by Shun during the various time leaps.

I do not mind that little sisters was saved like that, but something will go wrong, or at least, there is still something Shun wants to do, he is not simply "ignorant" as he claim to be. I also wonder what is going to happen with Nao's brother, I hope Yuu still meets Sara and helps them, I want to see his relationship with Nao developing even further. So far, it is the best point of the anime, imo.
Sep 6, 2015 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
Pooh? As in Winnie The Pooh? Ayumi is back that means Yu is gonna make some faces on secret family sauce!! Jam>Bread>Mabo Tofu>Sauce//Kanon>Clannad>Angel Beats>Charlotte all is funny faces of characters.... hehe can't wait to see others in future Key works.
Pyon2WarpKunSep 6, 2015 5:58 AM
Sep 6, 2015 5:57 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This really felt like classic Key. That's really the best way to describe it. It's very well made in the sense that the seemingly meaningless events of the first few episodes suddenly become so much more relevant and tie in so smoothly to the overarching storyline
Sep 6, 2015 5:58 AM

Aug 2014
A quite decent episode and it did make the first episodes of "catch the guy" seem a little less irrelevant. I imagine Yuu will probably be using the flying ability and some of the others he got for whatever happens next.
Sep 6, 2015 6:16 AM

Mar 2015
Guys... I watched Charlotte since Episode 1; watch its rating drop and increase again. From yesterday, 7.94 to now 7.97, will we reach 8?
Sep 6, 2015 6:37 AM
Dec 2014
Spoilers to LB
Sep 6, 2015 6:50 AM

Feb 2012
The plot is too deep
Sep 6, 2015 6:57 AM

Jun 2013
Shun's past and he saved Ayumi
Sep 6, 2015 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
BionicX- said:
Spoilers to LB

If that's what happens, it's gonna some what of a pain for Ayumi to take care of two blind brothers..
Sep 6, 2015 7:11 AM

Aug 2010
Really like the way Shun's past was revealed. He really went through a lot to get things the way they are now.

This time leap changes quite a few things, like Nao's brother starting to recover. It also negates a lot of the development between Nao and Yuu.... I'm really curious to where the story will go in the last few episodes.
Sep 6, 2015 7:16 AM

Dec 2012
Idk I really liked this ep. time traveling to change ones fate always gets me.

Finally closure on that cheap yandere plot device, more things explained, etc.

Guessed right again about Nao and glasses guy knowing about MC's true power, Kumagami always says the name of the power before spotting the ability users after all.

Still, many things still unsolved. Why did Sala become blind? After this last time leap they still haven't met and Nao's brother is yet to be healed, also why is Nao constantly bullied? Surely the 'bad guys' won't disappear out of thin air since Yuu is clearly the most powerful ability user now. I was hoping Shun was actually evil all along and was using Nao and everyone to get Yuu to absorb the most powerful abilities so he could then get him captured. After all this is the only circumstance in which Yuu would absorb Ayumi's powers: to avoid her death. Maybe it could've been set up to happen that way? Oh well.

By far the most stupid part was when they explained why Kumagami was always wet, really? Beyond retarded but hey, every episode always has to have such ridiculous details, otherwise its not really Charlotte is it?

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Sep 6, 2015 7:31 AM
Sep 2015
Well, the show it's getting boring. Episode 6,7 and 9 changed it completely. I looked forward to this anime every Sunday, but this week's episode made me feel empty. If I haven't seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I would love it. But all those time-leaps reminded me of Homura (the character who wants to change the tragic fate of others sacrificing herself). And loosing the vision after using your ability? That sounds like a copy of Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru. It's good that Ayumi is alive, but I don't know why I'm not happy with it.
Sep 6, 2015 7:32 AM
Jan 2014
Hmmmmm....
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.