Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2015 2:39 PM

Aug 2013
I like how Nao just believed him instantly after he said it so casually.

And the first part of this episode was like Steins; Gate. Imouto getting saved happened quite easily though, it felt a little underwhelming, albeit still satisfying to see Yuu using his true abilities and controlling Collapse ability to break the windows.

Yusarin and Takajo are reduced to annoying comedy that's not funny any more. I only enjoy Nao's "hikkuna!" reply because it's what I'm thinking every time.

3 more eps left. Not sure what will happen but I hope it's interesting.
Sep 5, 2015 2:40 PM
Jun 2015
Eponine said:
I can't take Charlotte seriously when Yuu barely gave a fuck that his sister was dead or that he had an older brother.

Yuu barely gave a fuck that his sister was dead? He had a huge meltdown. Probably killed at least one person, definitely maimed a few.
Sep 5, 2015 2:45 PM
Jun 2015
Unless I missed it, there still needs to be an explanation for how Yuu was able to remember his time in the research facility since that was from a completely separate timeline.
Sep 5, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
Wait...so all the people Yuu's possessed up until now had their power taken (albeit unknowingly), so he can fly too!? Awesome. But it seems like it also comes with all the drawbacks or limitations of the power. My main question now is...Has he possessed anyone up until now, that has been shown to display their power again later before the time-leap? Just curious, because my memory is failing me, and while I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened yet, but I'm not too sure.

At least the VP wasn't totally useless. He kept the teacher on duty busy while the team can do their thing. That moment the middle school kid fell to his knees, lamenting the split on the floor--was priceless.

So let's compile a list of powers Yuu currently has in this time-line:
- Possession (the process through looting other power-users)
- Looting powers:
- Telekinesis (baseball guy)
- Thoughtography (underwear-photo archery guy)
- Flight (from the UFO-wannabe)
- Collapse (from Ayumi)
- Time-leap (from his other brother)

Lol. Yuu is pretty much the anime male version of Rogue from X-men, except the powers aren't as temporary.

The only thing I would have done differently to scare that girl, would be to use telekinesis to levitate the knife in front of her face...getting just close enough to cut her if she's moves in the wrong direction. Although Yuu probably wouldn't have that kind of finesse over his abilities, as demonstrated with the books in the underground hideout.

I'm actually surprised more students from their school aren't using their powers openly like in Xaviers school for gifted youngsters, unlike the VP guy.
Estoy_GordoSep 5, 2015 2:53 PM
Sep 5, 2015 2:50 PM

Jan 2015
What about Nao's brother?

By saving Ayumi, the subsequent events in this timeline will be different from what happened before. Yuu won't go on a rampage after Ayumi's death and perhaps won't meet Sala. If he does meet her, she won't comment on his recent loss because it it hasn't happened. With Yuu going with that Pooh guy in his car, we know we're gonna get different events from now on. Which means Yuu won't meet Sala and Sala won't visit Nao's brother and Nao's brother may not be healed.

Also, the cause of Sala's blindness is likely related to special powers too. With Shun being blind, it can't just be a coincidence.

I predict that Yuu will have to make multuple time leaps, probably because something will go wrong each time; maybe if not Ayumi, someone else will die. Nao? Nao's brother? Shunsuke? If this happens and he's forced to do the same thing as Shun, Yuu's eyesight will end up getting worse and worse too, and could end up blind too. And if he ends up blind, he won't be able to time leap or use his own ability.

If Yuu stole Shun's time leap ability, will Shunsuke still have his time leap ability now at this time? Also the fact that Yuu stole Ayumi's "collapse" ability could cause problems on its own. I wonder how the other abilities Yuu's stolen will come into play. And whether Yusarin, Misa and armour speed guy will be more than just comic relief in the next episodes.

I thought this episode would take a darker route, so I'm surprised things resolved so easily like that. Not gonna wipe it off the possibilities list quite yet though- three episodes is more than enough to turn this anime into a tragedy.
ayabereitoSep 5, 2015 3:02 PM
me? watch anime? lol of course not (*ʘ‿ʘ)
haha only losers watch anime (ʘ▽ʘ)
what even is anime ヾ(ʘ∀ʘ)ノ
right? :) :) :) :) :)
right? (ᅌᴗᅌ* )
right? (≖ ‿ ≖)
anime (◉‿◉)
Sep 5, 2015 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
4kicks said:

So let's compile a list of powers Yuu currently has in this time-line:
- Possession (the process through looting other power-users)
- Looting powers:
- Telekinesis (baseball guy)
- Thoughtography (underwear-photo archery guy)
- Flight (from the UFO-wannabe)
- Collapse (from Ayumi)
- Time-leap (from his other brother)

I thought that he can only take over one power at at time, but then I was confused when he used telekinisis to move the book. But that explains it. So Yuu is basically way too OP now. Collapse, Telekinisis and Flight used together would make him an unstoppable God.
Sep 5, 2015 2:55 PM

Dec 2013
Writing is not the strongest point of this show...
Sep 5, 2015 2:57 PM

Mar 2013
robis798 said:

Very true, but it's still one heck of a ride.
Sep 5, 2015 3:03 PM

May 2015
maybe, yu always using thougthography on his daily life (a power in ep 2 who has stealed by yu)

what a wonderful life LOLXD
Sep 5, 2015 3:07 PM

Dec 2013
SalemWitch said:
robis798 said:

Very true, but it's still one heck of a ride.

Well yes, it's quite enjoyable more or less, I guess a cartoon did its purpose.
Sep 5, 2015 3:18 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode 4/5

Sasuga Jun Maeda, like anyone say his story can't easily predicted

I got a new nick for my game account it is "Pooh"
Sep 5, 2015 3:22 PM
Nov 2014
Meh, still boring at times and the imouto is back to the story. I did enjoyed Shun's past, rather interesting.
Sep 5, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2015
Really enjoying these last few episodes. I started watching this anime with zero expectations and I'm glad I did. One of my favourites this season and I'm hoping the next few episodes aren't just filler.
Sep 5, 2015 3:23 PM

Aug 2014
Also lol nao's aniki is still crazy da fuq.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Sep 5, 2015 3:35 PM

Jul 2014
In theory Shunsuke still might happen to be a bad guy, I guess, because he was the one telling the story. He could dissemble a few things and made up others. I don't believe in that, but I think it'd be interesting. I love when characters try their best to save someone and it turns out they've fallen into a devastating trap.
"If they say there is no chance of victory, she will create one with her own sword."
The avatar picture was made by おみず on Twitter.
Sep 5, 2015 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
aaoo said:
Eponine said:
I can't take Charlotte seriously when Yuu barely gave a fuck that his sister was dead or that he had an older brother.

Yuu barely gave a fuck that his sister was dead? He had a huge meltdown. Probably killed at least one person, definitely maimed a few.

After Episode 7, he made like two or three half-assed remarks about his sister at most.
Sep 5, 2015 3:48 PM

Nov 2013
There's one scene that still gives me one last glimmer of hope: the one where they show Nao's expression after going to visit Ayu. Maybe it's a hint for the last big twist, which hopefully involves Ayumi dying and staying dead. How are they going to fill the last 3 episodes, otherwise?
Sep 5, 2015 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
hmm not sure if its gonna be happy ending at all cost or bittersweet
Sep 5, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
Lollo36 said:
There's one scene that still gives me one last glimmer of hope: the one where they show Nao's expression after going to visit Ayu. Maybe it's a hint for the last big twist, which hopefully involves Ayumi dying and staying dead. How are they going to fill the last 3 episodes, otherwise?

I imagine there'll be some conflict with the scientists, and a revelation about the meaning of "Charlotte" (which I highly suspect is a comet). Other than that, I really don't know. As of this episode this show seems to be completely aimless.
Sep 5, 2015 4:30 PM

Mar 2010
Wait, so simply taking someone's power is against human ethics according to Nao? There's not much difference in spiting out rhetoric and then taking their power without their knowledge. You're still violating someone's free will and ultimately not giving them a choice in the matter.

Shun going blind because he was almost downright stupid leaves less of an impact if he had his back pushed against the wall while making the decision. Even the memory wipe was done on questionable grounds.

There was no real challenge to saving Ayumi. It was remarkably easy. It wouldn't have even had to be done if Shun and co weren't dumbasses.
Sep 5, 2015 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
I realized if there is no opening in this episode
Sep 5, 2015 4:37 PM

Aug 2012
Very anti-climatic
Sep 5, 2015 4:39 PM

Nov 2008
They really had to make Yuu go through all the grieving process when he lost Ayumi, huh.

I don't know why Kumagami (Pooh) did not show up after the incident and bring him to his Onii-chan.

Guess they had to do it to be emotional. But it was a very lame exposition, imo.

Still, a good episode nonetheless.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 5, 2015 4:42 PM

Dec 2010
Jfc, the annoying imouto is back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2015 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
i was just waiting for Ayumi to die in another way and for it to go full steins;gate with Yu going back in time loads, luckly she's saved and none of that bad shit ever happend, including Tomori's brother being cured but fuck that guy. AYUMIIIIII
Sep 5, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
This part:

Was cool.
Sep 5, 2015 4:51 PM
Aug 2015
What I just remembered
Since Yuu time leaped, wouldn't that mean that Nao's brother's still crazy since Yuu never met Sala ect? gods, everything up until now was for nothing. www
Sep 5, 2015 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
It all happened so easily, oh well.
but I have a bad feeling about Yuu's brother. It can't be without any sacrifice right?
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 5, 2015 4:53 PM
Apr 2012
SoManyRainbows said:
This part:

Was cool.

Sep 5, 2015 4:57 PM

Oct 2011
It was quite interesting to see Shun's past. Liked the way Yuu saved his sister. I have a feeling there will be some repercussions though; it can't go this well.
Sep 5, 2015 5:01 PM

Apr 2011
How come Yuu remember something that happened in the future?

That doesn't make any sense..
Sep 5, 2015 5:05 PM

Mar 2010
hellogarry said:

Only explanation right now is plot convenience (well, he was going to be told about it regardless) and bad writing. Maybe the show will explain it later. It would seemingly have to do with Sala's ability if she has one, but her being blind doesn't leave me confident in that.
TonyThemeSep 5, 2015 5:13 PM
Sep 5, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
No opening :<
Ew, time-travel for someone to save is cliché
I want more NaoxYuu cute scenes ;_;
Sep 5, 2015 5:13 PM
Aug 2013
Long time lurker, finally dared to post my first post :D

Why did Kumagami and the orange haired girl go to Yuu and Ayumi at the end?
Shunsuke told Yuu that he would have no memory of what's happened and to explain him everything about the time leap and such.. So how did they know they need to find Yuu and Ayumi? There's no way Shunsuke could have told them to go to the siblings. I think there's something fishy about this.

Also I think it might end with Yuu sacrificing himself by taking everyone's abilities and going to the scientists himself..
SentinelXSep 5, 2015 5:16 PM
Sep 5, 2015 5:14 PM

Apr 2011
TonyTheme said:
hellogarry said:

Only explanation right now is plot convenience (well, he was going to be told about it regardless) and bad writing. Maybe the show will explain it later. It would seemingly have to do with Sala's ability if she has one, but her being blind doesn't leave me confident in that.

Well I was thinking it have something to do with Zhiend's Sala, she was also blind so most likely she have some kind of ability.
Sep 5, 2015 5:29 PM

Mar 2010
SentinelX said:

Shunsuke told Yuu that he would have no memory of what's happened and to explain him everything about the time leap and such.. So how did they know they need to find Yuu and Ayumi? There's no way Shunsuke could have told them to go to the siblings. I think there's something fishy about this.

Also I think it might end with Yuu sacrificing himself by taking everyone's abilities and going to the scientists himself..
Medoki was already at the school to get Ayumi, but she saw that Yuu clearly anticipated the event and used telekinesis. That's more grounds to approach them than Yuu collapsing during a concert as far as we know. Remember Shun didn't even bother contacting him in the wake of Ayumi's death at all.
Sep 5, 2015 5:31 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Well I'm really satisfied with the outcome. While everything might have been solved in this episode (too fast, even..), at least Ayumi's alive and not hurt. :)

I have a feeling Yuu will need to use the time leap again for another important reason. Saving someone else, like....Nao?
Sep 5, 2015 5:34 PM

Jun 2015
TonyTheme said:
SentinelX said:

Medoki was already at the school to get Ayumi, but she saw that Yuu clearly anticipated the event and used telekinesis. That's more grounds to approach them than Yuu collapsing during a concert as far as we know. Remember Shun didn't even bother contacting him in the wake of Ayumi's death at all.

Yeah ... you'd think he would've chosen to reveal himself to Yuu before now. If not when he first came to the school and joined the student council, then certainly when Ayumi died. Was there any reason really besides plot convenience that he chose to reveal himself Yuu after the concert?
Sep 5, 2015 5:36 PM

Sep 2013
Man people really want Shunsuke or Nao to be a villain, has Key ever had an actual villain before?
Oh well, good episode, quite a few problems but still better than some of the previous ones.
Why didn't they just get Yuu to take Ayumi's power in the first place, It's clear that Shunsuke sent someone to try and save Ayumi before she kills herself, they know her power and when it will awaken, so why not just use Yuu to begin with.
Sep 5, 2015 5:39 PM
Aug 2012
hellogarry said:

Shunsuke's power probably just transfers his consciousness to his past self.
So after he time-leaped for the first time Yuu might have assumed it failed so he tried plundering his empty body before it died and time-leaped himself.
Sep 5, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
I do not know why the skill to Nao makes me remember the skill of the Kataphrakt of Cruhteo ''Tharsis'' .

Yeah the visual effect is similar lol .. But that's for demonstrating that nao is using here ability only I guess ..
Sep 5, 2015 5:43 PM

Dec 2012
talentlessash said:
has Key ever had an actual villain before?
Only in rewrite
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 5, 2015 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
Equitum said:
Yeah ... you'd think he would've chosen to reveal himself to Yuu before now. If not when he first came to the school and joined the student council, then certainly when Ayumi died. Was there any reason really besides plot convenience that he chose to reveal himself Yuu after the concert?
There's pretty much no plausible reason I can think of at the moment. Shun might just be dumb and insensitive.
Sep 5, 2015 5:46 PM

Apr 2011
Tropicalwood said:
hellogarry said:

So after he time-leaped for the first time Yuu might have assumed it failed so he tried plundering his empty body before it died and time-leaped himself.

Woah, that's good..but it's really hard to determine how his jump works.

Does he go to a parallel world which makes the previous one continue, or does everything resets. Time travel is pretty tricky and if I am not mistaken Yuu was shot to death.

But if his consciousness is the only one transferred then his power should not affect his eyes.
Sep 5, 2015 5:53 PM

Jan 2015
Yuu_vi_Britannia said:
Fodshello said:

Yeah the visual effect is similar lol .. But that's for demonstrating that nao is using here ability only I guess ..

premonition.
to the predict the movements of a person, you can trick it using their blind spots, giving the impression that you are invisible.
this would explain why his ability only works on one person.
and also explain how she knows what will happen in advance.
Like that hole, that the MC, almost fell in episode 5.
And in this episode she diverted of the book behind her, when MC used the ability that stole of baseball guy.

I think we're overthinking it .. Might be a possibility though
Sep 5, 2015 5:58 PM

Oct 2012

Nao talked about Yuu very "matter-of-factly", and got complimented by Shun. Poor Nao.

Why couldn't Yuu have possessed Ayumi earlier? Nao says that it's to protect Yuu from misusing his power, but couldn't he have done it without him knowing what's going on? I mean, he possessed the baseball guy just because he was asked. Shun/Nao could have tricked him to possess Ayumi.

They must need Yuu to have the time leap ability for something else.
Sep 5, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2012
Just right after Yuu time-leapt, I was dreading Ayumi wouldn't die by the power but by the cutter classmate girl. Thank god I was wrong and it's a good ending thus far.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 5, 2015 6:03 PM

Apr 2014
Xenocrisi said:
stephenmac7 said:

One does not read the episode discussion before watching the episode :P

i do. i know if i'll watch a bad or good episode.

In short, you judge a book by it's cover. You assume things without seeing the real thing for yourself and judge based on other's opinions. You think that you have the same point of view as others and actually spoil yourself in the process. I for one, doesn't listen to others until i see the real thing for myself.
Sep 5, 2015 6:04 PM

Jan 2015
[/quote]
hellogarry said:
Tropicalwood said:

Woah, that's good..but it's really hard to determine how his jump works.

Does he go to a parallel world which makes the previous one continue, or does everything resets. Time travel is pretty tricky and if I am not mistaken Yuu was shot to death.

But if his consciousness is the only one transferred then his power should not affect his eyes.

In charlotte I think they're taking the second choice which is resetting everything or "moving backwards in the same timeline" as shun hinted that his ability takes every scene and everything "as he rewinds to the past"
FodshelloSep 5, 2015 6:13 PM
Sep 5, 2015 6:07 PM

Feb 2011
Loved this episode, even with the minor issues I had with basing and some plot inconsistencies IMO. Still fucking awesome.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.