Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 5, 2015 7:12 AM

Mar 2014
^be quiet

ahem anyway I loved this episode although I expected sliightly more from that urano metria, Im sad they didn't use the urano metria theme music for it >.<
Sep 5, 2015 7:12 AM
Jun 2015
I've had this series on-hold for about 2 months, and I recently decided to hop back on that Tartarus hype train and catch up. I gotta say, it's been on point. Lucy's been given the time to really shine as an MC, which is great. She needed it.
okqoiwfklweSep 5, 2015 7:21 AM
Sep 5, 2015 7:15 AM

Aug 2010
aratinga said:
NeoAnkara said:
Norio Wakamoto in full glory.

omfg it sent chills down my spine

<3<3

Having Nakata and Wakamoto in the same ep was epic
Sep 5, 2015 7:57 AM

Aug 2015
damn this episode very awesome,, more power the Celestial Spirit King and lucy,, I love this episode and i hope next episode still amazing!!
Sep 5, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2013
Loved the fight between the two kings. That Ost was epic AF!

My girl Lucy proving herself :D
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Sep 5, 2015 12:32 PM

May 2014
Vanschia said:
very great episode!
man, those art & animation is beautifully done, all those budget finally come..
the match up for next fight is already set
hope this animation will continue for next and next and next episodes

anyway, when I saw Gajeel, I can't help but hype for

YEAAAAAAAAAH

I think that is going to be censored.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2015 1:02 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know why but I kinda thought it was sweet when the Celestial Spirit King mentioned Lucy and the other Fairy Tail members as his "old friend".

From all the episodes that concentrated on Lucy, this one and the previous one were obviously the best.
Sep 5, 2015 1:03 PM

Aug 2014
Amazing! Lucy finally proved herself.
It appears, as is the way of the causality of life, that many of my former companions – at least, those humans with which I shared at least somewhat meaningful bonds – have moved on to other realms, protected by such charms and spells that make me incapable of pushing past those boundaries to follow them.
Sep 5, 2015 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
This episode was amazing, Lucy just went up to a whole new level for me. Definitely 10/10 for the episode.

I'm also very much looking forward Gray and Silver's fight and to find out what the deal is with the two, what that light is that Hades told Makarov to release and what's going to happen with END.

Since I haven't been reading the manga I've got no clue about the story, but oh man I'm very much looking forward to what's about to come.
Sep 5, 2015 2:46 PM
Dec 2014
Dredd said:
Pretty good episode. Art was good and the animation was OKAY. The show has been awful for so long in this department that it makes it seem like this is great all of a sudden.

Obvious troll is obvious...
Sep 5, 2015 2:47 PM

Mar 2014
Now nobody can say Lucy never does anything. Great episode.
Sep 5, 2015 3:40 PM

May 2010
Lucy vs Jackal was adapted so damn well. This was the most beautifully animated (tho I would say it has more to do with it being well-directed) I love Lucy so much God help! I was so hyped for these chapters and to do them this well-animated, I am just so happy. As a Lucy fan since day 1, I am overjoyed, nothing less.

If there's one thing I was to point, then it would be; I just want them to give Lucy more credit for what she did. "For a weakling, not bad." What the hell. She freaking saved you guys. If it was me in their places, I would freaking consider her my queen. She is nothing less than that.
Sep 5, 2015 5:14 PM

Feb 2015
This episode's animation was amazing!
This arc so far is proving to be absolutely amazing in my opinion and I am very happy with how it is turning out because it is my favourite arc (and probably a lot of other's favourite arc too) in the entirety of Fairy Tail (well minus all the pain it brings..)

Also regarding Lucy this episode, anyone who has read the manga will know of Lucy's character development more deeply regarding her magic (and I guess her as a character too??) but I sincerely hope that the anime-only watchers will now finally understand that she isn't some weak, useless character who always needs others to save her. She is far from it so I really hope that this episode makes/has made people understand that because my goodness is Lucy strong I am so proud of her.

Minerva's reaction to Erza was on point and so was the final scene of them all coming together aaah. Though let's ignore Gajeel's comment..
Very excited for the next episode!

Sep 5, 2015 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
A 5/5 for this episode is not enough! The animation was amazing, the Celestial Spirit King and his trolling grin was epic from start to finish, the others coming back and all of that because of Lucy who has done more than enough to shut up anyone who thinks she’s a weakling. I’m just going to quote this because I can’t say it better myself.

CookingPriest said:
Let that sink in - Lucy's tragic sacrifice of Aquarius, which led to summoning of Spirit King is the sole reason on why :
- Plutogrim was destroyed
- Mard Greer was sealed.
- Alegria curse was broken on the rest of the guild.
- Lucy, with the last farewell gift from Aquarius, could stand up up and destroy an opponent even Nasu had trouble with(Jackal) in single hit.

Lucy sacrificing Aquarius turned around the balance of this battle and this arc. Whatever these characters could do now and will do now - its all because of her.

"Irrelevant and weak" my ass.

Erza vs Minerva next time!!
Sep 5, 2015 11:08 PM
Sep 2014
Alright, this episode was actually awesome and if all of them had this kind of effort put onto them, I'd be so very happy.
I read the manga, but I'm still pumped for what's coming next :D

Sep 6, 2015 1:13 AM

Dec 2013
Celestial Spirit King vs Mard Geer was hype!

Lucy getting a power up I didn't care too much for. But at least she stopped crying.

So many fights got set up at the end. So many fights to look forward to.

Dat Minerva blush doe!
Sep 6, 2015 2:37 AM

Sep 2014
This episode was friggin' awesome!
That Minerva blush c:
Gray finally meets Silver, looking forward to that fight!!!
Sep 6, 2015 7:13 AM

Feb 2013
WAKAMOTOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that voice is just Eargasmic
Sep 6, 2015 7:31 AM

Apr 2008
nerfx said:
This episode was friggin' awesome!
That Minerva blush c:
Gray finally meets Silver, looking forward to that fight!!!

I'm not. Weakest part of the arc along with Erza's fight after Minerva
Sep 6, 2015 8:31 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was amazing and the animation was superb.
Dying to see Natsu fight in the next episode.
Sep 6, 2015 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my god, Minerva was so cute there.

And Lucy was awesome, as was Wendy earlier. Too bad they aren't allowed to shine normally. It's usually not even that they get beaten - they simply do not fight for real. I also wonder if Lucy is now capable of using Urano Metria on a more regular basis. The spirit king didn't specifically mention *that* after all. He mentioned Aquarius, and breaking Alegria.

Interesting also that Aquarius key wasn't restored. Well, normally it would be no problem, since Aquarius can simply open her own gate, like Loke, Virgo or Horologium do often enough, but somehow they've forgotten that..
Sep 6, 2015 2:15 PM

Jun 2013
NwAurion said:

Interesting also that Aquarius key wasn't restored. Well, normally it would be no problem, since Aquarius can simply open her own gate, like Loke, Virgo or Horologium do often enough, but somehow they've forgotten that..

She can't do that with her key broken you know... that's kinda the whole point of the keys... And Lucy's contract with her is broken.
Sep 6, 2015 6:37 PM

Apr 2008
NwAurion said:
Oh my god, Minerva was so cute there.

And Lucy was awesome, as was Wendy earlier. Too bad they aren't allowed to shine normally. It's usually not even that they get beaten - they simply do not fight for real. I also wonder if Lucy is now capable of using Urano Metria on a more regular basis. The spirit king didn't specifically mention *that* after all. He mentioned Aquarius, and breaking Alegria.

If the key breaks, the contract is BROKEN. Did you pay any attention?
Sep 6, 2015 6:49 PM

Jan 2008
Just waiting for the Gray vs Silver fight now. Honestly not interested in Minvera at all, Ezra already beat her once, not a surprise if she beats her again.

Really wish Lucy had more spells and attacks. Think she's used Urano Metria like a total of 3 times the entire series? And for some reason has an attack called Lucy Kick.
Sep 7, 2015 2:57 AM

May 2015
Damn lucy being a badass! the hype keeps building! Can't wait for another episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2015 3:47 AM

Nov 2014
Amazing episode!!
Urano Metria!! YEEESSS
So the Celestial Spirit King knows the King of the Underworld? =O
Lucy was awesome in this episode
When everyone came in at the end it was so great =D
And Gray's reaction to Silver! Can't wait to see how that turns out...

That mushroom at the end of the preview LOL. Reminded me of one of the first episodes around the time Lucy met Virgo when Natsu, Gray, and Happy had mushrooms growing out of their heads xD

Paul said:
Really wish Lucy had more spells and attacks. Think she's used Urano Metria like a total of 3 times the entire series? And for some reason has an attack called Lucy Kick.

But Lucy Kick is her strongest attack...
She should Lucy Kick Mard Geer. I would love that.
Sep 7, 2015 7:15 AM
May 2015
Ok so Mard Greer had to have met CSK after End was sealed in a book. But it had to have been a long time for CSK to say it has been awhile. So.... a day in the spirit world is like 3 months in the real world..... that had to be a really long time.

This has not yet been explained in the manga. It is interesting that there is some connection here. Also love the fact that the spirit king does not seem to care about the book yet we will find later find out that everything else cares about the book.
Sep 9, 2015 11:25 AM
Oct 2013
Dredd said:
Pretty good episode. Art was good and the animation was OKAY. The show has been awful for so long in this department that it makes it seem like this is great all of a sudden.

Pretty much this, I don´t understand why people keep flipping their shit, even for a weekly series the animation isn´t good, the art is pleasant to look at since the giants village arc.

Fairy Tail was never too strong in the nimation department and this episode is no exception, lots of standstills, not a single animation during the CSK shots and more still shots during Lucy´s attack, the music is where this studio shines.
IsterioSep 9, 2015 11:39 AM
Sep 10, 2015 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit this episode was soooo daaaamn gooooood!!! That Celestial Spirit King was so badass and Urano Metria so very well done. Tartaros Arc is so amazing, I love Fairy Tail <3
Sep 12, 2015 7:29 PM
Jun 2015
I was really depressed about Aquarius.. but the Celestial King's comeback made me want revenge >:)
Although I thought at first the king would win, I later expected him to loose (considering what happened with Athens vs Sparta in the Navy).
Lucy's final attack was both heart warming and awesome XD
Finally, when Gajeel/Juvia/Gray/Natsu jumped in to save Lucy, I couldn't help but fan-girl over the long awaited reunion(s) ^*^ XD

I am so glad I waited to watch this episode, now I can watch the next episode consecutively.
Shoujo_AddictSep 12, 2015 7:57 PM
Sep 13, 2015 5:03 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Celestial Spirit King vs Mard Geer was too short, should've been more action and less talking at least.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 13, 2015 3:14 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I like how Jackal just stood there as he got owned.
Sep 13, 2015 8:37 PM
Jan 2012
good episode. but i don't have great expectatives of this anime. Probably I stopped before 100º episode.
Sep 14, 2015 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
THAT FUCKING OST
Sep 14, 2015 6:40 PM

Jan 2015
RafaKojiro said:
good episode. but i don't have great expectatives of this anime. Probably I stopped before 100&ordm; episode.
weaaaak, come back when you've finished those 200 episodes scrub.
Sep 14, 2015 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
Celestial Spirit King was the real MVP this episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 15, 2015 7:39 AM

May 2015
What a wonderful episode : great battle, Mard Geer is so cool, the CSK was incredibly strong, the OST was perfect, it was well-animated. Thank you for this episode, let's hope the final battle will be as good as this!!!
Sep 25, 2015 7:45 PM
May 2015
Probably the last good episode of until the anime gets to chapters 399/400 :P
Oct 3, 2015 8:39 AM

Jan 2011
a lot happened and lucy saved the day
Oct 4, 2015 1:01 AM

Jul 2015
Animation is good as! Seems top quality too. And yeah, it seems that Mard Geer and the Celestial Spirit King know each other, and have also fought with each other aswell. Lucy losing Aquarius was quite sad, but when she gained Aquarius' power and destroyed Jackal was pretty good, and I like how Gajeel, Juvia, Gray, and Natsu came to help Lucy at the end. I feel like the next episode will be awesome as, now that Fairy Tail is bac in action.
Oct 12, 2015 5:48 PM

Jan 2012
Damn best intro ost in ft history,lucy become so powerful ,am i dreaming?

Dec 25, 2015 11:59 AM

Feb 2015
Lucy being awesome.
That Celestial Spirit King kicked butt, even while being in a weakened state due to Lucy being out of magic.

Probably second best episode so far after Wendy's Dragon Force battle.
Dec 27, 2015 11:35 PM

Apr 2009
Fantastic episode. Battle of the Kings was titanic, although damn, how powerful is Mard Geer if he didn't break a sweat? And if he could be sealed, why not just do that from the beginning?

"Not bad for a wealking." :D

The cavalry arriving was nothing less than stirring.

Great, great episode.
Jan 14, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
Now this is the Fairy Tail we all love...This is one of the few long animes that can still give me goosebumps and feels after so many episodes.

Lucy was amazing. The battle between the two kings didn't disappoint..A great match without any of the two going all out. I hope we see both of them in action again

I rewatched the ending so many times....Natsu and others returning in style to take over from Lucy. Lucy has done her job. Now it is up to the others...There are going to be some more epic fights judging by that ending..
Feb 4, 2016 3:08 PM

Mar 2012
Really nice getting to see the Celestial Spirit King in action as well as Lucy getting a new outfit and powerup! I'm happy to see that the rest of the crew is now free and I can't wait for the next step of the battle. I really want to see what's up with Silver and Gray!!
Feb 19, 2016 10:48 AM
Dec 2014
Great episode and it looks like there are gonna be some pretty good fights for the next episodes.
Mar 1, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
Oh my god, this arc is pure awesomeness. The entry of Celestial King was incredible as well as the fight between the two kings. I hope this ambience stays until the end of the arc.
May 5, 2016 5:56 PM

Feb 2016
this episode certifies once again the fact, that lucy's the main character of the show as the celestial king is the strongest being so far that takes a stand for the 'good people'.
May 8, 2016 2:13 PM

Mar 2016
So many interesting things happened in this episode but I had to comment on Minerva's reaction seeing Erza normal again, she was sooo happy. I laughed so hard there.
Sep 16, 2016 8:23 PM

Feb 2010
dinesj21 said:
Now nobody can say Lucy never does anything. Great episode.
Yeah... big turn lol

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.