Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 4, 2015 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, the episode got serious fast. I thought it was neat that they were ready for almost anything. Even Bazett showed up. The transformation scenes were censored but I think BDs were probably remove the light.

Some interesting choices for OST as well and action was pretty fast paced. One of my favorite OST is played!

Surprised at how well some of the teamwork was done this episode.
Damn....

Sep 4, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
Sep 4, 2015 11:33 AM

Jun 2011
DesuTronic said:
That's a pretty epic transformation,
but a bit to long?

Tell me about it. We have already seen that they can transform in split seconds >.>

Anyways, this was such a epic episode.
Sep 4, 2015 11:50 AM
Jun 2011
this was epic battle episode even if the transformation took a bit long and next episode we in for more action
Sep 4, 2015 11:55 AM

Jan 2015
EPIC. Make sure you watch after credits scene!
Sep 4, 2015 11:57 AM

Jul 2013
Oh my damn that was prime.

This episode was jam packed with all sorts of hype.

Sep 4, 2015 12:07 PM

Jul 2007
Dat moment when Prillya schools entirety of ufoubw adaptation by actually showing how easy it is to explain projection. Or do in-battle monologues("b-b-but you can't do inner thoughts in visual medium :["). Or do proper atmosphere.

Holy shit this episode. Top notch animation, HOLY SHIT THAT OST, holy shit everything. This literally was the best thing I have seen all year and the hilarious part is that this is not even most epic part of this arc.

And even anime original expansion scenes are freaking great and just add up to what is coming.

And then Bazett's portion happened and the already blown expectations got blown away again. Also finaly we see Gouging Dagger of War God ability of Fragrach being used by Bazett in anime form(the thing she used to clear her path from swarm of NPs)

Pretty much have ZERO things to say negative about this episode. Perfection all around.

Dat after-credits cliffhanger too.

9000/10
AhenshihaelSep 4, 2015 12:13 PM
Sep 4, 2015 12:12 PM

Jul 2014
I've watched it twice and I am still hyped!!!

The OST, the animation and fighting.

I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Sep 4, 2015 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
great episode but they completely ruined the ea scene, went by way to fast and didn't look that good at all, other than that everything else was top notch.
Sep 4, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2010
F***N EPIC!!! Gil too friggin BA!! Even with all Bazett's HAX (for a human) she couldn't even do anything against Gil's HAX lol

Actually loved the CG. Ea's CG was pretty damn awesome.

Even tho it didn't do much, loved the Thor Hammer followed by Kuro's Caladbolg. Glorious!
Kuro's Rho Aias was great too.

Bazett's Resuscitation was epic! Falcon punching the hell out of Gil like that. Too BA! Loved how Kuro saved her with that arrow.

DAT FRIGGIN CLIFFHAGER THO XD
Sep 4, 2015 12:18 PM

Jul 2007
xCrazyChris11x said:
great episode but they completely ruined the ea scene, went by way to fast and didn't look that good at all, other than that everything else was top notch.

Not really its exactly same as in manga. And the bit left out fits real well to start the next episode as pre-op scene.
Sep 4, 2015 12:20 PM
Jul 2015
pretty disappointing considering the hype
transformation scene was cringe
gil looked like shit

3/5
Sep 4, 2015 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
OH.MY.GOD
best episode, epic
great action, beautiful effect and animation..
THEY SHOULD DO DIS FROM THE START RATHER THAN DO LOLI FANSERVICE
Gilgamesh OP as always!
dat ending, bruh I can't help but hype for next

still I won't increase my score yet since I still get bad after taste from previous episodes..
Sep 4, 2015 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
This is one intense episode.

The magical girls' transformations are epic.

Gil is one tough opponent for the girls to handle.
Sep 4, 2015 12:46 PM

Nov 2014
Next episode... I need it now. Right now.
Sep 4, 2015 12:51 PM

Jul 2013
Finally a good episode for this season.
Bazett was badass, and Luvia had some good moves.
And a nice scene with Caren at the church.
Sep 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Mar 2015
Finally !

The plot is here folks

transformation took too long tho 4/5
Sep 4, 2015 1:16 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That was sooooooooooooooooooo good omg wat

Like seriously I really liked the ending of 2wei in the manga but this... this was so much more epic than I imagined it to be animated

I'd honestly say that was arguably the best episode I've seen this entire season out of all the series I'm watching
Sep 4, 2015 1:21 PM
Dec 2010
Murasakibara called. He wants his Thor Hammer back.

I thought she was going to shoot Caladbolg, but it was actually Excalibur. That's insane!

Bazett learned Self-Restoration from Shiba Tatsuya?

I was excpecting Fragarach when Gil pulled out Ea.

That ending!
Sep 4, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2010
Sep 4, 2015 1:39 PM

Feb 2015
Wow,the use of OST's really stood out for me.

I lol'd when Bazett referenced Ciel ..so many tiny connections..Type Moon is a small world isn't it? ;)

Bazett was BA..funnily we do get to see how projection works

All in all,damn good

5/5
Sep 4, 2015 1:44 PM

Oct 2007
Time for people to lose their shit over this show because it bothered to have some action Sakuga. I still remember people claiming the last iteration of this show had the uncontestable best action sequences in the history of Japanese animation which was pretty hilarious. I also like these insinuations that Silver Link is any capacity a good studio, it's probably how much they borrow from SHAFT in terms of style and overly elaborate fanservice sequences only actually do more than one show a year. That and it's ostensibly FATE related which is all the hype these days. Funny stuff really and truly.
Sep 4, 2015 2:27 PM

Aug 2010
That was one hell of a battle.

Berserk Gilgamesh is one dangerous opponent.
Sep 4, 2015 2:55 PM

Oct 2012
laidellent said:
Wow,the use of OST's really stood out for me.

I lol'd when Bazett referenced Ciel ..so many tiny connections..Type Moon is a small world isn't it? ;)

Bazett was BA..funnily we do get to see how projection works

All in all,damn good

5/5

I thought she was talking about
Sep 4, 2015 3:11 PM

Feb 2014
That was hype as fuck. One of the best episodes I've watched in a long time 10/10.
Sep 4, 2015 3:29 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome awesome episode!!! At last we get to see true cooperation between all those characters! Can't wait for the next ep.
Sep 4, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2010
I'm sorry, but as far as Fate adaptations go, THIS episode cements Prillya's position as the absolute best.
The adaptation knows how to take property of the source, adding new scenes and shots that fit perfectly within the original. We even got the Kotomine Church's interior almost 1:1 from the F/SN VN.
The music. The action. The tension. The overall execution. ufo should feel embarrassed TBH.

Also, DAT post-credits scene. Sasuga Gil, breaking worlds wide open even in this form.

Barion-Zara said:
Even tho it didn't do much, loved the Thor Hammer followed by Kuro's Caladbolg. Glorious!

That was Excalibur, not Caladbolg, i believe.
astroprogsSep 4, 2015 3:45 PM
Sep 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:

Barion-Zara said:

That was Excalibur, not Caladbolg, i believe.

Yes.

Kuro Broken-Phantasmed Excalibur Image.
And it was blocked.
Sep 4, 2015 4:09 PM

May 2012
This is so damn epic!! Animation was top notch! The whole episode was intense and Bazett was badass here despite being stabbed all over the place during the first charge. Wish a future adaptation if any other than HF route of the Fate/stay night routes would have such good animation and almost a 1:1 to the source material, lol. Can't wait for the next episode! The pacing finally picked up after the SoL-like episodes which were cool to look at and see their characters develop a bit.
And I guess that "second Archer" is Gil...though he looked weird xD Like Zero Berserker and Gil fused together 0.0 Oh, and nice new ending song :)
Sep 4, 2015 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
CookingPriest said:
xCrazyChris11x said:

Not really its exactly same as in manga. And the bit left out fits real well to start the next episode as pre-op scene.

saying they completely ruined it was a bit over the top as i still enjoyed the scene and i know it followed the manga, i just thought the CGI in that scene looked a bit off and i was hoping to see the
bit this episode.
Sep 4, 2015 6:56 PM

Nov 2014
Dat animation!!
Dat ost!!
Dat GOB!!
Dat EA!!
Dat Everything!!

best episode so far KURO/5
Sep 4, 2015 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
Very Good Episode.

Disappointed by Ea [Enuma Elish]. I guess I shouldn't have "expected" Ufotable's visual effects quality. I won't say it was bad, but the scene clearly lacked impact as it was executed a bit too rapidly. As expected, the "Truth" wasn't portrayed, which lessened the sense of despair that the characters felt against Ea. It was a succinct, yet important panel in my opinion.

I agree with CrazyChris11 regarding the CGI during that precise action. Silver Link should minimize its use.

VeryNicePersonSep 4, 2015 7:15 PM
Sep 4, 2015 7:09 PM
Sep 2014
xizor said:
Bazett learned Self-Restoration from Shiba Tatsuya?

In her case, it's actually a Resurrection rune carved onto her heart. Tatsuya's regeneration is always in effect regardless of how minor his wounds are, but in Bazett's case she needs to meet certain conditions to use it. Mainly that she needs to be pierced through the heart, like the antagonist in Hamatora season 2.
Sep 4, 2015 7:20 PM

Jul 2007
This way fucking godlike. No words. My respect for Silver Link keeps going up. Damn all seasons of Illya keep surprising me again and again and again. When I started this I thought it's gonna be something like Carnival Phantasm or some silly loli-comedy. Shit the fighting scenes are TOP notch. The animation is godlike. The OST... GOD THE OST IS INSANE. And then we have all that shit going on around non-stop you just can't relax. Well ok I guess the first 5 episodes of this season were just pure fanservice comedy but hell... I loved it :|

Funny shit is that what I THINK is the most epic moment has yet to come?? (possibly manga spoiler) [spoiler] I'v seen a random page from the manga a year or so ago and it has Shirou facing off Gilgamesh? Or something like that. I assume there are not enough episodes for this to happen in this season and the Gilgamesh I'v seen was in the golden armor and not the black mist so... Please next season please ;_;
Sep 4, 2015 7:35 PM

Jan 2011
took 7 episode but finally got to the good stuff aw yeah!, feel like Gil should be his own sub class in this with all that berserker-like aura.
Sep 4, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2008
They sure jumped into the action fast this episode.

Didn't bother to re-watch but did they recycle animation of Luvia running around?

Oh and that extended transformation scene. Lol.

Looks like the next episode will be action packed too (I hope) and something about a missing skirt.
Sep 4, 2015 8:00 PM

Nov 2010
Appraise the conceptual production,
imagine its fundamental essentials,
replicate its material composition,
imitate the techniques for its creation,
symphatize with the experience of its growth,
recreate its accumulated years,
surpass all of its manufactoring.
Bind those illusions together here,
and forge the sword!

Oh how I waited for so long for those words to be uttered in anime form (no, I don't remember if DeenFate did it).

I knew this will happen. Silver Link promised, Silver Link delivered. From the moment Luvia charged in I was kept on glued to the screen; once Kuro sprung into action and EMIYA started I shat my pants despite having already read the manga; and when Bazett sprung into action I shat my pants once again. Everything was top-notch, and that sword spam was truly a sword spam. That camera movement, that OST... that everything.

You know what's best? It's only the beginning.

Vanschia said:

You know, there is a pretty good reason for all that "loli fanservice". Like (first and foremost) a contrast between girls' daily lives and... this. :P
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Sep 4, 2015 8:35 PM

Nov 2013
As always, takes a while but worth the wait.
Sep 4, 2015 10:15 PM

May 2011
DesuTronic said:
That's a pretty epic transformation,
but a bit to long?

sasuga mahou shoujos meng
Sep 4, 2015 10:17 PM

Oct 2011
WOW EPIC AWESOME EPIC!!!!!
Sep 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Aug 2008
Finally, after 6 episodes of mostly (of what felt like) filler stuff, we get some epic action!

But I say, it's a bit disappointing that Archer Kuro didn't go all dakka with her rain of swords against Corrupted Gil's GoB's! You'd think that since the two's Noble Phantasms are common enemies of each other the focus would've been on them battling against each other.
Other than that, Bazett's battle scenes were really epic, and Kuro's Excalibur Arrow was pretty sweet too.
Gil popping into the real world should be easy enough for him, due to his drill sword's special ability, I'd presume. So next episode should be really cool too!
Sep 4, 2015 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
well this was the best episode of herz so far, not like that was really hard to achieve lol.
and this shows CGI is ugly as always i see.
Sep 4, 2015 11:14 PM

May 2014
That was pretty good,

OST was the best part
Worst was probably gil's black mist-kun's goofy screams xD

Was hoping I was used to the prillya designs by now but Bazett's face still irked me in some scenes, not looking forward to some of the other introduced characters.

Luvia was awesome, Rin sux and The cliffhanger was great.

I can't believe people are complaining about the length of a transformations sequence in a mahou shoujo! Should just be glad it wasn't stock footage.
Sep 4, 2015 11:29 PM

Oct 2010
That bizarre moment when the Magical Girl spin off had a better fight scene with Gilgamesh than UBW

._.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Sep 4, 2015 11:52 PM

Jul 2007
Sakubo777 said:
That bizarre moment when the Magical Girl spin off had a better fight scene with Gilgamesh than UBW

._.

And that a "spin off" actually bothered to draw different swords instead of turning them all into laser bolts or copypasting same sword like certain other studio :/
AhenshihaelSep 4, 2015 11:55 PM
Sep 5, 2015 12:30 AM
Jul 2014
Nice to finally see some action. The SoL was cute, but this is what I'm really here for!

I agree with others, though, that the cgi was a bit tosh in this episode.
Sep 5, 2015 1:06 AM

Aug 2013
All of the moe bits that drug out through the season finally paid off...that shit was EPIC. And that was just the cock tease. We still got 3 episodes left of this madness, and judging from the OP, things are going to get dark, especially for Miyu, before it gets better.

Don't follow the manga, but this baddie is OP as fuck. Even more ridiculous than Bazzett's extra life hax.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Time for people to lose their shit over this show because it bothered to have some action Sakuga. I still remember people claiming the last iteration of this show had the uncontestable best action sequences in the history of Japanese animation which was pretty hilarious. I also like these insinuations that Silver Link is any capacity a good studio, it's probably how much they borrow from SHAFT in terms of style and overly elaborate fanservice sequences only actually do more than one show a year. That and it's ostensibly FATE related which is all the hype these days. Funny stuff really and truly.

Yes, I'm sure this animation pales in comparison to the almighty fight scenes of 80's gundam shows.

Why the fuck do you even watch anime? All you do is bitch and bitch like a fucking whiner over every show you CHOOSE to watch. Nobody is forcing you to act like a fucking moron every week. Just watch your 1 annual gundam show a year and crawl back into your hole of pseudo-elitism.
Sep 5, 2015 1:29 AM

Jan 2015
The only things I disliked in this episode ware strange appearance of Gil and weak EA scene.

Rest was really good.

Also dat moment when spin-off explain how projection works, while main show didn't...
RiveonSep 5, 2015 1:33 AM
Sep 5, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2013
Sakubo777 said:

._.

Personally, I prefer the one in Ubw.
Aurioch said:

Vanschia said:

You know, there is a pretty good reason for all that "loli fanservice". Like (first and foremost) a contrast between girls' daily lives and... this. :P

You can show the daily lives of little girls, and make foreshadowing without panties and ecchi though.

I'm hype for the next episodes, it was good in the mangas.
GuilekSep 5, 2015 1:56 AM
Sep 5, 2015 2:28 AM

Feb 2015
Shit i have many things to say. are illya and kuro is stupid ? why they were staying to save bazzet? , well don't want to see that sword pierce bazzet head thought and shit my theory was wrong. i thought it was gilgamesh from the beggining but after seeing miyu's reaction, i thought it was her and not only that , that fucking gilgamesh can talk too in that state. "Holy Grail"

this is not a magical girl story anymore. The story is changing from reivie the card into the holy grail. So if miyu wasn't the last card , then , who is she? what is her secret?. This episdoe is one of my favorite from every episode in the series. The story is getting serious and the action is getting better.

and the AFTER CREDIT and the PV. Dammit gilgamesh can break throught out from mirror world , that is really scary. i got shocked right there. and the PV. another holy grail war? what will happen next?!!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE !!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2015

75 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

170 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 4, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

97 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2015

55 by Karva1 »»
Feb 21, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2015

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 20, 10:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.