3It was OK
9.4%
2Disliked it
1.0%
1Hated it
1.5%
Average 4.5
394 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL, a phone call blocked Rory. So much for Itami's lucky night.

I kinda expected Rory to go out fighting but also in yutaka. She just seems so excited!

A short but deadly fight. Sigh, they did omit the more violent parts from the manga but whatever. Not like I was expecting more than that. Kinda amusing seeing Nanami on screen as a reporter.

Mod edit:
[size=150]Do not ask for subs, do not talk about streaming websites and don't share any links to the episode or other copyrighted content.[/size]
julyanSep 4, 2015 8:10 PM
Sep 4, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2013
Well the raws are out. I'm basically watching it with the manga to translate the parts I don't understand LOL

Sep 4, 2015 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
Rory in combat again and this time more was shown exactly what i was waiting for, Rory in combat is awesome.
And it seems the Princess realised the empire doesn't stand a chance against japan or any of the other countries in our world.

China, Russia and US showing of their spy teams tho it didn't and well for them especially for the CIA.
Kurebayashi's sister was funny the way she was trying to do all those interviews but failed to get any of them done, i am surprised someone hired her as a journalist.
Sep 4, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2011
They chickened out on part where Itami angrily taking Rori to the bath to clean off and tend to her wounds.(manga) They went with the quicker bullet droppings where she stands right after the fight.

I'm glad they're back across the gate. looks like they're rushing right into the Yao arc.
Sep 4, 2015 11:34 AM
Sep 2013
It's Rory massacre , all wiped out and what a regeneration speed she had.

well, i didnt expect that parting scene, they're so adored by japanese people..
Sep 4, 2015 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
hahailham1 said:
It's Rory massacre , all wiped out and what a regeneration speed she had.

- Has lived a long time
- Very easy to anger
- Very good at killing
- Very hard to kill
- Fast regeneration
- People won't want to mess with her if they know what she can do to them
- Badass aura
- Flirts / tease when she wants to

This Rory is much more fun to watch than the anime version of Wolverine..
(Yes, there is an X-Men anime)
Sep 4, 2015 12:17 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rory is GOAT....I'm kinda disappointed that they made the massacre so fast paced and that they changes the scene when Rory told Itami about her regeneration abilities

There were a lot of slight changes in this episode but they kept the gist of what was going on at least....Back to the other world now :DD
Sep 4, 2015 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
Unsurprisingly Rory and Itami got cockblocked. There really is only two ways to get cockblocked in anime, it's either someone accidentally walked in or the damn phone rings just before something happens lol.

Rory sure shows no mercy massacring those soldiers and it seems she became an instant celebrity after the senate hearing.

Itami and Risa obviously still love each other. It was kinda cute when Risa showed jealousy towards Itami's "harem."
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 4, 2015 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Finally an episode done right!
Sep 4, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2010
Lol'd the moment Murica, Mother Russia and China met eachother XD

They got so REKT by Rory so much Horny and Orasming from all the blood lust. Animation was pretty nice too. Much better than her previous battles.

And the censoring was quite a bit less this time. Quite some brutality was shown. Horny Rory is best Rory <3

She sure was pissed getting interrupted like that

Awesome to hear that Itami prefers Rory's personality. Ship sails

Lol'd at Murica getting owned politically XD

Good that Pina realized it's GG if they even tried to fight. Will the Emperor believe her is the question?

Dark Elf incoming :P

Mod Edit: ethnic slur edited
rodacSep 5, 2015 5:51 PM
Sep 4, 2015 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Rory going HAM. Nicely adapted from the manga. Best girl forever...

Sep 4, 2015 1:48 PM

Mar 2015
Nice to Rory in action again.

Best episode yet.
Sep 4, 2015 2:02 PM

Aug 2015
Yep, best episode yet
Sep 4, 2015 4:18 PM
Mar 2013
I didn't knew Kuribayashi had...
htsujiSep 5, 2015 6:15 AM
Sep 4, 2015 8:09 PM

Aug 2012
[size=150]Do not ask for subs, do not talk about streaming websites and don't share any links to the episode or other copyrighted content.[/size]
Sep 4, 2015 8:17 PM

Feb 2015

Rory really wrecked those soldiers. I thought she would at least have a difficult time against their guns. It's cool that her body had the ability to regenerate & spit the bullets back out. I didn't realize just how much of a 'demigod' she is till now.

The girls sure were popular. Not surprised that the crowd loved them.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2015 9:40 PM

Sep 2013
julyan said:

Coldbid said:
why there no subs up yet?

Offeight said:
ok yesss ty! why no subs yet?

Some people never learn... -_-'
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 4, 2015 9:58 PM

Jan 2014
we didnt ask for subs. we asked why they havent been released yet... maybe there is a reason...
Sep 4, 2015 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
julyan said:

Sometimes it is so tempting to troll this guys with a "Subbs fucking where???" right after their little post.
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 4, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
deanzel said:

She's the worst girl in Gate. I don't like Rory but at least she's not the worst.
Sep 4, 2015 11:15 PM
Jun 2013

Behold, instead of a killer robot from the future or killer alien from outer space, we get a killer goddess from a fantasy land. Sadly Schwarzenegger didn't get to be around to say "I'll be back."

Itami should be happy, he has a "Berserker servant" in his harem. XD

Anyway, any nation would have to be foolish to make a real deity their enemy; I mean, who wants to be jinxed once Rory ascends. I see the Empire being DOOMED now. I just hope they quickly assimilate the captured land soon, then maybe a code geass reference would pop up saying Itami founded the united states of japan.
greed2Sep 5, 2015 1:33 PM
Sep 5, 2015 12:11 AM
Mar 2010
Hahaha I was asleep and didn't care much anymore but when I watch it without subs and saw a lot of people asking for one is so funny hahaha good thing I can understand a little Nihongo so I don't have a problem with raws hagaga.
Sep 5, 2015 12:54 AM

Nov 2013
Lucky~ got a first page...

-----
Oh rory, your laugh ( and dat leg scene ) makes my rock becomes diamond so fast that I can't believe it.

Oh yes, I forgot. Japan finally one steps ahead of making a possible situation when chinese, russian, and U S A founded in the same area with same target. *applause*

Mod Edit: Ethnic slur changed.
rodacSep 5, 2015 5:52 PM
Sep 5, 2015 2:32 AM

Jul 2012
Rory and the massacre and her regen ability, OP.
"The opposite of boredom is not pleasure... but excitement. People will gladly seek out any kind of excitement, even pain." -Makishima Shougo
Sep 5, 2015 2:33 AM
Mar 2013

"What have you done?"
"Nothing. That's why."
htsujiSep 5, 2015 3:08 AM
Sep 5, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2014
amg so much blood and gore and shat XD BEST EPIEODE EVAH!!
manga still better :PP
Sep 5, 2015 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
No sex, but still fulfilling :)
Sep 5, 2015 8:31 AM

May 2011
entropy13 said:
deanzel said:

She's the worst girl in Gate. I don't like Rory but at least she's not the worst.

As for Spoiler girl you guys mention..

htsuji said:

"What have you done?"
"Nothing. That's why."

He didn't give her the itami sausage. that's what.
Sep 5, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
htsuji said:

"What have you done?"
"Nothing. That's why."

priceless
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2015 9:09 AM

Feb 2013
So what was the US/China/Russia trying to accomplish by kidnapping the 'visitors'? They're not gonna get any favor points from them, and if they tried to keep them in some sort of prison, why bother taking them in the first place?
Sep 5, 2015 9:12 AM

Mar 2014
JPthugnificent said:
So what was the US/China/Russia trying to accomplish by kidnapping the 'visitors'? They're not gonna get any favor points from them, and if they tried to keep them in some sort of prison, why bother taking them in the first place?
Typical baka gaijins.
Sep 5, 2015 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
JPthugnificent said:

They were trying to convince the denizens from beyond the Gate to side and cooperate with their own respective countries directly, rather than using Japan as an intermediary.

Like I mentioned in last episode's thread, no one knows jack shit about what lies beyond the Gate apart from the Japanese, who have unlimited access to it.

They're trying to "Invite" the guests from beyond the Gate in for "friendly conversations" regarding any and all data about what lies in the "New world".

I thought they did a splendid job for this episode, Rory completely decimated what was left of those troops, and Itami's plan to ship them safely back beyond the Gate was a marked success. Otaku Power!

Rory, Rory, Rory....
She's got such sick moves

Loved Shino's moment with her sister as well
"Hi Mom!" Cracked me up.
L-RyoshiSep 5, 2015 9:31 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 5, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
obviously the empire needs some democracy. So its only a matter of time for "things" to happen. lol.

Lelei with a laptop, so thats how mahouka was created.
Im glad they are back, I have to admit I liked the episodes in the fantasy world more.
Also I want to see some more clubbing from the SDF, after all the Godzilla movies they deserve it I guess XD

Itami really is my favorite MC so far, and omg his ex wife is cute.
I guess somewhere in the future we will see him having a child or something, things that just happen. And the crowd gues: eeeeehhh?

I have the feeling that Toukas dad really is alive in some way or another (maybe just spiritual), they are high elfes after all.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 5, 2015 9:43 AM
Anime Moderator
᠎ Master Öqvily᠎

Aug 2014
Well decent episode I guess but it would have been much more interesting if we got to see Itami get serious and kill someone.

Forum set made by my
secret santa, Nate!
Sep 5, 2015 9:51 AM
Dec 2014
I still cannot stand Rory. She's probably one of my least favourite characters of this season. She was more tolerable in the manga because her voice actor does such a good job at portraying Rory's personality.

Rory seems like such a "Mary Sue" and author's pet from my perspective. She gets a lot of attention and is liked by everyone despite being a remorseless mass murdering nymphomaniac. I find it baffling that Itami can like a psychopath for her personality. Overall, to me she just seems like a teenager's "Oh wouldn't it be awesome if" cobbled together super character.

Perhaps it's just me, but I can't get behind any character that giggles happily while killing or torturing.

Otherwise, I really like the show and manga and consider it to be one of my favourites of this season. I look forward to seeing some of the upcoming scenes animated.
Sep 5, 2015 9:54 AM

Jan 2015
This was...good...i guess? 4/5
Sep 5, 2015 10:15 AM

Jun 2014
Itami and Rory getting cockblocked by a cell phone. I'm sure we all saw it coming anyway though.

Rory fucked those soldiers up. And it was cool to see how she and the other girls were pretty much celebrities after the whole Diet meeting fiasco.

And now they've returned to the Special Region.

Stark700 said:
A short but deadly fight. Sigh, they did omit the more violent parts from the manga but whatever.

This isn't much of a surprise, especially considering how there was barely any blood or gore shown a few episodes back during that complete massacre.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 5, 2015 10:23 AM

Mar 2015
Another good episode. Rory, the most dangerous pole dancer in the Universe!

Rory is definitely strong and her halberd is made from some extremely hard material: she shattered a boulder and there wasn't even so much as a chip in the cutting edge. And that line from the dying agent: "We ran into Teams from other countries, and a girl in a kimono!"

Pinya is no airhead, she made some good deductions from what she saw going on around them. And magic absolutely works on Earth!

I liked the reveals of what the girls bought in Tokyo, they were all quite appropriate And the abrupt reminder of Tuka's dilemma.

There seemed to be more background action this episode. I hope that keeps going.

All of the gore mongers should be pleased: severed heads and limbs, blood burst from gunshot wounds, blood on the rocks, blood on the water, blood on clothing, blood on faces, pretty much blood and body parts everywhere.
The sword that takes life gives life
Sep 5, 2015 10:35 AM
Jun 2014
Kinda boring again this episode. i was thinking the whole time Rory was killing the agents from other countries that it was stupid and that she would have died strait away until she explained that she cannot die. other that that part nothing really happened and was disappointing. 3/5
Sep 5, 2015 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
That's what you get for interrupting Rory, that phone call put her in a bad mood.
Sep 5, 2015 10:39 AM

Feb 2012
hmm whats up with the military base being shaped like the Star? Conspiracy!!!
Sep 5, 2015 10:51 AM

Nov 2014
I'm surprised. Japan got attacked before by people from the other side, and now there is not a single person that lost a family member trying to kill these girls (that have nothing to do with that event) but we all know how irrational people become when they lose a family member, and more when it wasn't necessary. In fact, these girls from another world have more fans than the AKB48
Sep 5, 2015 10:55 AM
Sep 2015
rafi160 said:
hmm whats up with the military base being shaped like the Star? Conspiracy!!!

It's classic shape of the 18-19th century fortress.

For example Fort Wood(used as a pedestal for cheap statuette):

he foundation of Bartholdi's statue was to be laid inside Fort Wood, a disused army base on Bedloe's Island constructed between 1807 and 1811. Since 1823, it had rarely been used, though during the Civil War, it had served as a recruiting station. The fortifications of the structure were in the shape of an eleven-point star.
Sep 5, 2015 10:58 AM

May 2015
O wow, the beginning was bloody and chaos. It was damn good. Rory going on a rampage. So now they're back again, huh. Great episode again, looking forward to the next episode.

Sep 5, 2015 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
Why did Luna said that at the end? about her father. Isn't he dead? She might be going crazy....
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 5, 2015 11:32 AM

Feb 2015
well, nice episode. i never thought that rory can heal herself or immortal. rory fighting scene was good to. moving like a snake!! haha...

So we can conclude that even a bunch of guys with heavy guns can't beat rory. and we will get another person to join the party next week. Well i already know who is it thought. i accidentally see her in the character page of gate i don't if that true or not thought.

When that magician girl with blue hair named lelei la's (omg!!, what a very beautifull name -_-") grandfather saw the laptop, that was really making me laugh :D

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Sep 5, 2015 11:34 AM

Feb 2015
Jose07 said:
Why did Luna said that at the end? about her father. Isn't he dead? She might be going crazy....

oh yeah.. i forgot about that. her father really died right ? or did i skip some scene that explaining it ?
Sep 5, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Well, USA, China, and Russian got their ass kick hahaha.
It's kind of sad that DemiGod CAN'T die...how sad was that? Well, to me it's sad, but also good since you can do anything you want haha but will be super lonely.
Piña knows what going to happen if the war continue haha.
Rory still as lovely as always.
P.S. Shino and Risa characters design is better in anime (in which I like more) than manga.
Sep 5, 2015 11:38 AM

Jul 2015
Rory was nothing short of amazing this episode! :D Can't help but love her
Sep 5, 2015 11:39 AM

Feb 2015
giraffesyo said:
No sex, but still fulfilling :)

ofcourse no, if there is some sex scene appear in this series , then i can't call it again anime but hentai
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

284 by kizeroch »»
Feb 23, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.