Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2015 9:54 PM
Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I personally found Diana slightly annoying here.

Understandable that she wants Anne to laugh and is obviously supporting her as well but she's been there with her and she should know by now that Anne is an emotional person and that she holds onto her feelings very tightly.
May 15, 2017 7:53 AM
Jul 2009
stand said:
I personally found Diana slightly annoying here.

I'm sorry but I think that you're being rather unreasonable in judging her so harshly. Diana's character is already way too understanding and temperate for her age. Her comments were entirely innocent and straightforward like both girls have always been with each other. This incident made me admire her all the more for her prudence and steady nerves. In fact, all young girls could learn how not to be a drama queen from her.
May 8, 2018 4:04 AM
Aug 2014
Josie Pye is such a cunt.
Jan 22, 2019 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
There's no bottom of the barrel for Josie Pye. I'm surprised she didn't spit on Matthew's grave.

Seriously, I wish they'd throw her into the lake or something.
Aug 20, 2019 9:29 AM
Aug 2018
Why did the gravestone say Thomas Cuthbert? And why 1813 - Nov 1831?
Was Thomas Curthbert the father of Matthew and Marilla?

Depending on where you look, it says that:
a) He was born in 1816 and died June. 1881.
b) He died in the summer of 1882.

And then the grave suddenly says Nov. 1881..

And I thought Josie couldn't sink any further, but somehow she manages again and again to be more despicable with each episode that has her involved.
I wouldn't mind if Anne slapped her face in each episode.
tr25a3Aug 20, 2019 9:43 AM
Sep 23, 2019 5:51 PM

Jun 2019
HungryForQuality said:
There's no bottom of the barrel for Josie Pye. I'm surprised she didn't spit on Matthew's grave.

Seriously, I wish they'd throw her into the lake or something.

I actually couldn't believe what I was hearing when she started out of nowhere making such blatant put-downs about Anne's hair and dress at a friggin funeral for her adopted/foster father. We see everything possible in the human imagination depicted in fiction, but usually such viciousness is only depicted coming from clear villains. I guess in a way this makes her feel like a real person and the world of Avonlea like a really lived in world with puerile bullying for its own sake, backstabbing, and spite. It's not all pressed apple juice and tea. I was still stunned at the brazenness and needless cruelty. Anne and everyone else didn't even react angrily or shocked, but just had an expression like "Seriously? What's wrong with you?" like more pity that she would even act that way. So unnecessary.

Maybe this alone gives more depth to Akage no Anne than most Slice of Life series we see that only focus on rosier aspects of human nature. We see from Marilla and Mrs. Lynde's comments in a different episode that this type of disposition is just expected from that family and they're alluded to be wealthy troublemakers.

Feb 10, 2020 5:14 PM

Aug 2015
Awesome episode!
I loved maryla's story, hopefully this will finally make Ann forgive Gilbert after like ten years for calling her a carrot head or whatever he did i honstely forgot!
And about josie as wise man once said "there's no cure for being a cunt" this fits her so well lol
Sep 27, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2013
tr25a3 said:
Why did the gravestone say Thomas Cuthbert? And why 1813 - Nov 1831?
Was Thomas Curthbert the father of Matthew and Marilla?

This baffeled me a bit too. I guess they noticed fucking the numbers up, but the name wasn't corrected. It has to be mistake because googling "Thomas Cuthbert" doesn't come up with anything.
Mar 15, 2023 3:18 PM

Sep 2011
the anime starts around 1897, so the name and the dates on the grave are goofs.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 16 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jun 24, 2012

13 by RedSwordHeart »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 3 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jun 21, 2012

5 by Dumb »»
Nov 23, 2023 1:13 AM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 2 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jan 21, 2012

8 by Dumb »»
Nov 22, 2023 1:31 AM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 1 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Jan 21, 2012

28 by Dumb »»
Nov 21, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Akage no Anne Episode 47 Discussion

stand - Sep 2, 2015

15 by cornonacob »»
Sep 26, 2023 3:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.