Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings for Aug 24 - 30

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Sep 2, 2015 1:22 PM
News Team
Delivery Service

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 2359
Here are the weekly manga rankings for August 24 - 30

Rank / This week's sales by copies / Cumulative sales / Titles

*1. 143,036 *,143,036 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Vol.13
*2. 126,595 *,432,513 Terra Formars Vol.14
*3. 115,085 *,241,723 Ookiku Furikabutte Vol.25
*4. 110,000 *,208,220 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.19
*5. 100,565 *,455,993 Detective Conan Vol.87
*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17
*7. *76,481 *,634,879 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.16
*8. *67,802 *,*67,802 Hirunaka no Ryuusei Bangai-hen
*9. *66,822 *,*66,822 Tsubasa to Hotaru Vol.5
10. *65,831 *,293,215 Diamond no Ace Vol.47

11. *61,171 *,*61,171 Touken Ranbu Online Anthlogy Comic: Touken Danshi Makuaigeki
12. *59,460 *,*59,460 Hachimitsu ni Hatsukoi Vol.12
13. *57,365 *,*57,365 Dame na Watashi ni Koi Shite Kudasai Vol.7
14. *56,785 *,*56,785 Nietzsche-sensei - Konbini ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita Vol.4
15. *55,386 *,*55,386 Working!! Web-han Vol.2
16. *54,894 *,*54,894 Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet Vol.1
17. *49,277 *,*98,038 Billy Bat Vol.17
18. *47,662 *,115,525 Kamisama Hajimemashita Vol.22
19. *47,461 *,*47,461 Sugar*Soldier Vol.10
20. *45,285 *,*45,285 Joou no Hana Vol.12

21. *42,975 *,*42,975 Sekaiichi Hatsukoi: Onodera Ritsu no Baai Vol.10
22. *39,235 *,327,925 Chihayafuru Vol.28
23. *38,630 *,*38,630 Ashi-Girl Vol.6
24. *38,322 *,*38,322 Momogumi Plus Senki Vol.14
25. *37,432 *,*37,432 Akai Ito Vol.9
26. *34,270 *,*34,270 Dragon Quest Retsuden - Roto no Monshou: Monshou wo Tsugu Monotachi e Vol.22
27. *33,504 *,*50,256 Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Vol.8
28. *32,695 *,132,172 Kamisama no Iutoori Ni Vol.13
29. *32,419 *,267,504 Handa-kun Vol.4
30. *31,582 *,*33,009 Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Ghost Vol.10

31. *31,271 2,810,688 One Piece Vol.78
32. *31,120 *,758,424 Haikyuu!! Vol.17
33. *29,983 *,*30,659 Mobile Suit Z Gundam Define Vol.10
34. *29,695 *,*30,771 Hyouka Vol.9
35. *29,596 *,*29,596 G Senjou no Anata to Watashi Vol.2
36. *29,383 *,913,370 Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki
37. *28,147 *,467,510 One Punch-Man Vol.9
38. *26,896 *,138,013 Baby Steps Vol.36
39. *25,972 *,*25,972 Mujaki no Rakuen Vol.8
40. *25,453 *,451,804 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.14

41. *24,378 *,*24,378 Angel Beats! Heaven's Door Vol.9
42. *24,264 *,*24,264 Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction Vol.3
43. *24,079 *,*24,079 Love Live! School Idol Diary Vol.3
44. *23,797 *,312,760 Dungeon Meshi Vol.2
45. *22,089 *,742,128 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.24
46. *21,450 *,*62,654 Himouto! Umaru-chan'S Vol.1
47. *21,266 *,*21,266 Hakubo no Chronicle Vol.6
48. *20,869 *,*76,814 Golden Kamuy Vol.4
49. *20,550 *,*20,550 Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki Vol.7
50. *20,403 *,289,596 Prison School Vol.18

Source: Oricon Youtaijou

← Previous Week
Modified by myanimelistllc, Feb 11, 2016 6:50 AM
 
#2
Sep 2, 2015 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 1728
Chihayafuru still hanging in there, I'm happy for it. Oookami shoujo selling well.. the anime adaptation we had helped. Also Attack on Titan volume reached 1.5 million, nice.
 
#3
Sep 2, 2015 1:26 PM
❤Genki Girl❤

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27628
Chihayafuru S3 when

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
Hit me up if you want someone to flirt with for a bit ^^
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
#4
Sep 2, 2015 1:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1753
Chihayafuru already #22. Needed to stay in Top 20 at least..
 
#5
Sep 2, 2015 1:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 889
Slow week this week. Nice to see Ookami at the top. Baby Steps and Shokugeki no Soma (great boost overall) keep chugging along.

39. *25,972 *,*25,972 Mujaki no Rakuen Vol.8

The greatness, waiting patiently for the 2nd OVA to be subbed while my copy arrives.
 
#6
Sep 2, 2015 1:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 110
31. *31,271 2,810,688 One Piece Vol.78

9 weeks in and still going strong. This year one piece is on fire!!
 
#7
Sep 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2546
Glad to see Sekaiichi Hatsukoi! <3
Thought I'm bit shocked. Let's see if it's going to see well next week.
 
#8
Sep 2, 2015 1:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3460
yiss for baby steps
:3
 
#9
Sep 2, 2015 1:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9252
*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki
no Kyojin Vol.17

40. *25,453 *,451,804 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.14


50. *20,403 *,289,596 Prison School Vol.18

Snk selling good as usual, definitely going to read shokugeki when the anime ends, also the art for the manga looks great. Also shokugeki is selling more than bleach now. XD Prison school is getting some good boost, before the anime aired this series was struggling to even sell over 100k, looks like its going to be a 300k seller soon.
 
Sep 2, 2015 1:41 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 199
SnK seems to be slowing down super hard, super fast, though I do think it can stay in the top 50 for several more weeks.

Kingdom's volume 39 is finally out of the top 50, it had a great run though. I'm more curious about its overall volume sales though.

Baby Steps is continuing to do well, it's a great series and totally underrated, though I do think the anime's helped quite a bit.

One Piece is continuing to be One Piece.
 
Sep 2, 2015 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3622
After 24 days:

*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17

*9. *79,740 1,573,188 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1264145

Volume 17's normal edition will soon be ahead of vol 14 after a similar number of days.
 
Sep 2, 2015 1:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 297
Agafin said:
After 24 days:

*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17

*9. *79,740 1,573,188 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1264145

Volume 17's normal edition will soon be ahead of vol 14 after a similar number of days.
did volume 14 have a limited edition as well?......
 
Sep 2, 2015 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9252
MysticLeviathan said:
SnK seems to be slowing down super hard, super fast, though I do think it can stay in the top 50 for several more weeks.

Kingdom's volume 39 is finally out of the top 50, it had a great run though. I'm more curious about its overall volume sales though.

Baby Steps is continuing to do well, it's a great series and totally underrated, though I do think the anime's helped quite a bit.

One Piece is continuing to be One Piece.


It will drop off the top 50 chart once it reaches 1.6 million like it always do. The Sales has been pretty similar for the past two years. So this isn't a surprise to anyone who pays attention to its sales.

@chrisbj, volume 14 has a limited edition as well.
Modified by keragamming, Sep 2, 2015 2:04 PM
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3622
MysticLeviathan said:
SnK seems to be slowing down super hard, super fast, though I do think it can stay in the top 50 for several more weeks.
SNK is not slowing down fast, lol.
It is actually the manga that usually stays on the list for the longest time (9-10 weeks depending on the threshold).
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 302
Agafin said:
MysticLeviathan said:
SnK seems to be slowing down super hard, super fast, though I do think it can stay in the top 50 for several more weeks.
SNK is not slowing down fast, lol.
It is actually the manga that usually stays on the list for the longest time (9-10 weeks depending on the threshold).

id say One Piece stays 1 or 2 weeks longer than SNK butyoure right Snk sells even better than last volumes.
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 158
If you're confused with SnK's sales take a look at this (numbers are regular + limited edition) :
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 12883
Nice sales for Diamond no Ace
All credit goes to Sacred.
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3622
chrisbj said:
Agafin said:
After 24 days:

*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17

*9. *79,740 1,573,188 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1264145

Volume 17's normal edition will soon be ahead of vol 14 after a similar number of days.
did volume 14 have a limited edition as well?......


Yeah.
After 10 days (last time they appeared on the list):
14. *51,402 *,209,744 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.14 Limited Edition
28. *37,562 *,170,868 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17 Limited Edition

So including those and neglecting their sales difference over this week, volume 14 has the edge with ~50k+ copies sold over the same period. This gap is reducing since it was over 100k after the first three days.
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3622
AdmiralKizaru98 said:
Agafin said:
SNK is not slowing down fast, lol.
It is actually the manga that usually stays on the list for the longest time (9-10 weeks depending on the threshold).

id say One Piece stays 1 or 2 weeks longer than SNK butyoure right Snk sells even better than last volumes.
I've never seen a volume of One Piece stay on the list for up to 10 weeks while the previous SNK volume did that. (From the week of April 6-12 to Jun 8 -14).
Modified by Agafin, Sep 2, 2015 2:28 PM
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22473
Conan doing good.
Cmon Gosho I need a need a serious plot mover arc before the black organization take down :'(

*5. 100,565 *,455,993 Detective Conan Vol.87
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1389
If u exclude the limited editions, NNT Volume 16 is doing better than Volume 15.

 
Sep 2, 2015 2:44 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 110
Agafin said:
AdmiralKizaru98 said:

id say One Piece stays 1 or 2 weeks longer than SNK butyoure right Snk sells even better than last volumes.
I've never seen a volume of One Piece stay on the list for up to 10 weeks while the previous SNK volume did that. (From the week of April 6-12 to Jun 8 -14).



one piece did it many times. obviously you don't pay attention.
 
Sep 2, 2015 2:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 302
RedHair-Shanks said:
Agafin said:
I've never seen a volume of One Piece stay on the list for up to 10 weeks while the previous SNK volume did that. (From the week of April 6-12 to Jun 8 -14).



one piece did it many times. obviously you don't pay attention.

Yep, it happened very often indeed.
 
Sep 2, 2015 3:14 PM
News Team
Overkilled Red

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 5940
Damn. Handa-kun dropped quite a lot from last week. Still hope Kinema Citrus adapts it someday.
 
Sep 2, 2015 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 93
Ah, a lot of shoujo and josei. I wish I could bring myself to read it more often.
 
Sep 2, 2015 3:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 160
LordPerucho said:
If u exclude the limited editions, NNT Volume 16 is doing better than Volume 15.

What chapters do Nanatsu no Taizai volume 16 feature?
 
Sep 2, 2015 3:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 1389
KuroYaksha said:
LordPerucho said:
If u exclude the limited editions, NNT Volume 16 is doing better than Volume 15.

What chapters do Nanatsu no Taizai volume 16 feature?


Covers the Mistfits and Hendrickson, Diane Gaiden

 
Sep 2, 2015 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 74
Snow said:
*1. 143,036 *,143,036 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Vol.13
*2. 126,595 *,432,513 Terra Formars Vol.14
*3. 115,085 *,241,723 Ookiku Furikabutte Vol.25
*4. 110,000 *,208,220 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.19
*5. 100,565 *,455,993 Detective Conan Vol.87
*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17
*7. *76,481 *,634,879 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.16
*8. *67,802 *,*67,802 Hirunaka no Ryuusei Bangai-hen
*9. *66,822 *,*66,822 Tsubasa to Hotaru Vol.5
10. *65,831 *,293,215 Diamond no Ace Vol.47


^
woah! interesting top 10. *-*
 
Sep 2, 2015 3:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 160
LordPerucho said:
Covers the Mistfits and Hendrickson, Diane Gaiden

Wow, it's selling well for a volume mostly focused on side characters. Good stuff
 
Sep 2, 2015 4:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 103
*1. 143,036 *,143,036 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Vol.13
*8. *67,802 *,*67,802 Hirunaka no Ryuusei Bangai-hen
*9. *66,822 *,*66,822 Tsubasa to Hotaru Vol.5
12. *59,460 *,*59,460 Hachimitsu ni Hatsukoi Vol.12
13. *57,365 *,*57,365 Dame na Watashi ni Koi Shite Kudasai Vol.7
16. *54,894 *,*54,894 Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet Vol.1
18. *47,662 *,115,525 Kamisama Hajimemashita Vol.22
19. *47,461 *,*47,461 Sugar*Soldier Vol.10
20. *45,285 *,*45,285 Joou no Hana Vol.12
45. *22,089 *,742,128 Kimi ni Todoke Vol.24


^

^

so many shoujou!!!!
I wish to see anime adaptions & new seasons for this list xD
 
Sep 2, 2015 4:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 106366
Oh nice:
*1. 143,036 *,143,036 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji Vol.13
*4. 110,000 *,208,220 Hoozuki no Reitetsu Vol.19
*6. *93,573 1,566,702 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.17
*7. *76,481 *,634,879 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.16
*8. *67,802 *,*67,802 Hirunaka no Ryuusei Bangai-hen
*9. *66,822 *,*66,822 Tsubasa to Hotaru Vol.5
10. *65,831 *,293,215 Diamond no Ace Vol.47


Somewhat surprised that Tsubasa to Hotaru got there but good for the fans.
 
Sep 2, 2015 5:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1521
again: More Hoozuki no Reitetsu please

Also Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji's success baffles me. Male and female lead are both incredibly shitty. Only seen the anime though...
Modified by NaturalPerm, Sep 2, 2015 5:59 PM
 
Sep 2, 2015 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 160
TheNaturalPerm said:
again: More Hoozuki no Reitetsu please

Also Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji's success baffles me. Male and female lead are both incredibly shitty. Only seen the anime though...

Well, it started gaining some popularity lately. So I guess that they both improved as characters. They became pretty likable near the end of the anime too.
Modified by KuroYaksha, Sep 2, 2015 6:17 PM
 
Sep 2, 2015 6:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4617
2015 Manga sales thread updated:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1373137&show=0

Spreadsheet with calculations updated:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10K_N1R6l8reAqL4mioBECSNIJ6iqDo2FcouN79dg0Vc/edit?pli=1#gid=1549866658

This is the current Top 10 based on all sales that we know as of the 41st week.

*1 10,246,026 ONE PIECE
*2 *9,028,314 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
*3 *7,748,513 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
*4 *7,112,720 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室)
*5 *6,356,328 Kingdom (キングダム)
*6 *4,584,246 Haikyuu!! (ハイキュー!!)
*7 *3,398,357 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
*8 *3,317,792 Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ)
*9 *3,243,949 Ao Haru Ride (アオハライド)
10 *2,640,791 Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種)

Weekly Manga Series from Oricon Youtaiju
*1 250,952 Kingdom (キングダム)
*2 207,643 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
*3 168,446 Kangoku Gakuen (監獄学園)
*4 151,176 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
*5 149,517 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (オオカミ少女と黒王子)
*6 136,987 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
*7 135,691 Hoozuki no Reitetsu (鬼灯の冷徹)
*8 122,061 Ookiku Furikabutte (おおきく振りかぶって)
*9 106,393 Detective Conan (名探偵コナン)
10 102,596 ONE PIECE

※Summation of all volume sales for a particular series within the weekly Top 500 Manga volumes list.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Sep 2, 2015 6:38 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 199
Ejc said:
2015 Manga sales thread updated:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1373137&show=0

Spreadsheet with calculations updated:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10K_N1R6l8reAqL4mioBECSNIJ6iqDo2FcouN79dg0Vc/edit?pli=1#gid=1549866658

This is the current Top 10 based on all sales that we know as of the 41st week.

*1 10,246,026 ONE PIECE
*2 *9,028,314 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
*3 *7,748,513 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
*4 *7,112,720 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (暗殺教室)
*5 *6,356,328 Kingdom (キングダム)
*6 *4,584,246 Haikyuu!! (ハイキュー!!)
*7 *3,398,357 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
*8 *3,317,792 Shokugeki no Souma (食戟のソーマ)
*9 *3,243,949 Ao Haru Ride (アオハライド)
10 *2,640,791 Tokyo Ghoul (東京喰種)

Weekly Manga Series from Oricon Youtaiju
*1 250,952 Kingdom (キングダム)
*2 207,643 Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人)
*3 168,446 Kangoku Gakuen (監獄学園)
*4 151,176 Terraformars (テラフォーマーズ)
*5 149,517 Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (オオカミ少女と黒王子)
*6 136,987 Nanatsu no Taizai (七つの大罪)
*7 135,691 Hoozuki no Reitetsu (鬼灯の冷徹)
*8 122,061 Ookiku Furikabutte (おおきく振りかぶって)
*9 106,393 Detective Conan (名探偵コナン)
10 102,596 ONE PIECE

※Summation of all volume sales for a particular series within the weekly Top 500 Manga volumes list.


Kingdom is really starting to slow down, though surprisingly it still managed the top spot for overall volumes sold. I don't know how it'll be doing by the time the new volume comes out.


I'm surprised SnK gets so little backlog. It seems like they should be selling far more, though maybe all the fans already have its volumes, I dunno.

NnT and Conan are selling decently as well.
 
Sep 2, 2015 6:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9252
^ I don't think Ejc has the weekly top 500 manga sales list, so snk, kingdom and the others could be selling way more in the backlog department. Correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Sep 2, 2015 6:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 199
keragamming said:
^ I don't think Ejc has the weekly top 500 manga sales list, so snk, kingdom and the others could be selling way more in the backlog department. Correct me if I'm wrong.


The second bit is total volumes sold for a series for the week and gives you an idea of backlog sales.
 
Sep 2, 2015 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9252
MysticLeviathan said:
keragamming said:
^ I don't think Ejc has the weekly top 500 manga sales list, so snk, kingdom and the others could be selling way more in the backlog department. Correct me if I'm wrong.


The second bit is total volumes sold for a series for the week and gives you an idea of backlog sales.


Well, if I remember correctly. Ejc had snk around 4.2 million a week before the first half sales came out, and when oricon release the first half sales, snk was at around 5.1 million.

All I'm saying is that Ejc list is not fully accurate.
 
Sep 2, 2015 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4617
keragamming said:
^ I don't think Ejc has the weekly top 500 manga sales list, so snk, kingdom and the others could be selling way more in the backlog department. Correct me if I'm wrong.


I don't need it, as the Weekly Manga Series Top 10 covers all sales in the Top 500 manga list for that particular series.

The only thing i'm missing is series which did not make the Top 10 Weekly Manga Series, but had some volumes within rank 51 and 500. So that's the limitation, and it fully depends on how many weeks were not covered.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Sep 2, 2015 7:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9252
Ejc said:
keragamming said:
^ I don't think Ejc has the weekly top 500 manga sales list, so snk, kingdom and the others could be selling way more in the backlog department. Correct me if I'm wrong.


I don't need it, as the Weekly Manga Series Top 10 covers all sales in the Top 500 manga list for that particular series.

The only thing i'm missing is series which did not make the Top 10 Weekly Manga Series, but had some volumes within rank 51 and 500. So that's the limitation, and it fully depends on how many weeks were not covered.


Ok, thanks. That explains everything perfectly.
 
Sep 2, 2015 7:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4617
keragamming said:
Ejc said:


I don't need it, as the Weekly Manga Series Top 10 covers all sales in the Top 500 manga list for that particular series.

The only thing i'm missing is series which did not make the Top 10 Weekly Manga Series, but had some volumes within rank 51 and 500. So that's the limitation, and it fully depends on how many weeks were not covered.


Ok, thanks. That explains everything perfectly.


If we had monthly manga series sales (before it was only monthly manga volumes) in the 1st half, the number I had would've been a lot more accurate as it would be able to cover some of the weeks where a series did not make the Top 10 Weekly Manga Series, but this is the best we could do.

We could have nothing and be in the dark on which series may or may not potentially be in the Top 10 or Top 30 in the Yearly list. That's really the purpose of what i'm doing, rather than getting the numbers exactly 100% of reality.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Sep 2, 2015 7:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 156
One Piece doesnt seem to slow down.Is this the 10th week?

Great Naruto Gaiden sales.Going out with a bang.Will it reach a million?

Sad to see Billy Bat have low sales.Expected more since it's Urasawa's work.Needs promotion
 
Sep 2, 2015 7:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9252
Ejc said:
keragamming said:


Ok, thanks. That explains everything perfectly.


If we had monthly manga series sales (before it was only monthly manga volumes) in the 1st half, the number I had would've been a lot more accurate as it would be able to cover some of the weeks where a series did not make the Top 10 Weekly Manga Series, but this is the best we could do.

We could have nothing and be in the dark on which series may or may not potentially be in the Top 10 or Top 30 in the Yearly list. That's really the purpose of what i'm doing, rather than getting the numbers exactly 100% of reality.


Yea, I wasn't expecting it to be 100%. Anyways I appreciate the effort you put in to this, keep it up.
 
Sep 2, 2015 9:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 788
Hopefully Kingdom keeps its spot for the rest of the year

maybe with all the people that have been reading it will catch up for the next volume release and it sells alot and it sustains from there it for sure is holding its quality
 
Sep 2, 2015 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4617
shaaaaan said:
One Piece doesnt seem to slow down.Is this the 10th week


That is Vol.78's 9th week of charting.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Sep 2, 2015 11:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 3622
Well, in this week's shoseki ranking, all the volumes of both SNK and Kingdom have been in the Top 500 (same for these few past weeks), and since their ranking is usually similar to Oricon (but without numbers and a little less accurate since they have a smaller sample size), I guess it's fair to say say that those weekly sales posted by Oricon cover nearly everything about those two at least.

week of Aug 24 -30

http://shosekiranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1043.html

(Useing ctrl+f, 進撃の巨人=Shingeki no kyojin, kingdom=キングダム).
 
Sep 3, 2015 12:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Billy Bat deserved better sales than majority of that abysmal top 10 :[

"Otaku culture" infuriates me sometimes.
 
Sep 3, 2015 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 562
Snow said:
*8. *67,802 *,*67,802 Hirunaka no Ryuusei Bangai-hen
16. *54,894 *,*54,894 Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet Vol.1


YYAAAAASSSSSS so happy to see both Yamamori Mika's works ranking :')
 
Sep 3, 2015 1:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4617
Agafin said:
Well, in this week's shoseki ranking, all the volumes of both SNK and Kingdom have been in the Top 500 (same for these few past weeks), and since their ranking is usually similar to Oricon (but without numbers and a little less accurate since they have a smaller sample size), I guess it's fair to say say that those weekly sales posted by Oricon cover nearly everything about those two at least.

week of Aug 24 -30

http://shosekiranking.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1043.html

(Useing ctrl+f, 進撃の巨人=Shingeki no kyojin, kingdom=キングダム).


Kingdom has been covered slightly more than Shingeki no Kyojin. Only 1 week of sales is unknown out of the 41 weeks so far, and the threshold for that week was 80,506. So its current sales is pretty much exactly the same as its max possible sales (6,356,328 vs 6,436,833). For Shingeki no Kyojin, there are 6 weeks of sales unknown out of the 41 weeks so far... so its known sales is further away from its max possible sales (7,748,513 vs 7,984,537). Although there are some partial sales known from the Top 50 on some of those weeks, so it's not a blow out or anything.

But it isn't so bad this time because of the Top 20 monthly series rankings that were added a few months ago have pretty much filled in most of the gaps, unless a series is a low seller.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
 
Sep 3, 2015 2:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 89
CookingPriest said:
Billy Bat deserved better sales than majority of that abysmal top 10 :[

"Otaku culture" infuriates me sometimes.


It will sell more than 100,000 isn't that really good for a manga and even without a anime. Why are people here so obsessed with the rankings? just look at the numbers and be happy that those are enough that the manga won't be cancelled anytime soon.
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »