Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
This is how I see it:

Gon and Ging: France perhaps? Well it's because their last name lol. Though I could see they are from Japan because of the culture (they have traditional japanasse bath for example). Or perhaps they could be from Indonesia. It would explain why Ging is short. Another possibility is England.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_Island,_Hampshire. In the end, Indonesia is my choose, lol.

Killua and Zoldyck: Algeria. See this http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_of_Padokea

Kurapika and Kurta: Sami tribe. He could be from Norway, Finland, Sweeden, or Rusia. He looks pale after all. (Non-viking scandinavian, blonde hair, and choise of clothing back this-up. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people

Leorio: Spain. There's a small city called Leorio in Spain. Leorio himself claimed that the people of his country can drink beer when they reach age of 16. Now, Spain allows their people to drink at the age of 18, but you can drink at the age of 16 in Asturia.

Hisoka: Spain or Mexico? Just because of his theme in 2011 version, lol.

Hanzo, Nobunaga, and Basho: Japan. Hanzo and Basho are confirmed from Jappon (which based on Japan), Nobunaga is inspired by Nobunaga Oda, lol

Isaac Netero: Japan? Just because of his clothing, lol.

Knuckle, Morel, Shoot, and Pariston: USA. Well, I could see them from their appareances, that's all.

Well, maybe I could tell more later on, but I'm tired atm.What would you consider their ethnicities/races to be?

EDIT: There you go.

Feitan: Chinese. He's confirmed he is Chinese.

Biscuit Krueger: German. Krueger sounds like a name from German, lol

Knov: France. He's so stylish, that's why, lol.

Chrollo: Greek? Bons structure, Cloths, and Bible

EDIT 2:

I can agree with Mikasa that Hisoka is the mix of French and Korea.

Netero, I have reconsider that he might be Japanese-English/Commonwealth. (most likely considering the name of Isaac.

Phinks perhaps is from Balkans. That tracksuit.

Kaito I would say he's Welsh

Bonolenov perhaps is native South American or African

EDIT 4:

Pakunoda: American. She has blonde hair as well

Franklin: I think he might be English. His face is like the typical of English's Gentlemen

Machi: She might be Japanese as well. She looks like Japanese lol

PrasdanaSep 6, 2015 7:14 PM
Sep 2, 2015 4:37 AM

Mar 2012
Hisoka is half-French half-Korean

Zoldycks are Jooz

Freeccs are from the Mesopotamian marshes (current day Iraq)

Kite is from Guinea Papua
But he has some native blood of Indonesia

Gorainu is Armenian

Genthru is Irish-Mongolian

MikasaSep 2, 2015 4:42 AM
End Zionazism
Sep 2, 2015 5:09 AM

Jan 2015
Mikasa said:
Hisoka is half-French half-Korean

Zoldycks are Jooz

Freeccs are from the Mesopotamian marshes (current day Iraq)

Kite is from Guinea Papua
But he has some native blood of Indonesia

Gorainu is Armenian

Genthru is Irish-Mongolian

I'm sorry, but what is Jooz? I tried to google it but I can't search it
Sep 2, 2015 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
Jooz, you know, cause Illumi's phone has Davey's star on it?
End Zionazism
Sep 2, 2015 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
this is pretty interesting.

Mikasa said:
Jooz, you know, cause Illumi's phone has Davey's star on it?

oh man

Sep 2, 2015 3:46 PM

Mar 2015
Kikyo = Joo, Silva = Scandinavian

Davey's star pops up on other things than just Illumi's phone though, like the Hunter hiring agency and Killua's yo-yos which Milluki made.
Sep 3, 2015 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
usa's not a race or etnicity. american is generally native/red indian

Pariston Hill maybe white american or english.

Morel and shoot are celts

jooz lol........... jews

kikyo's a jap
Sep 4, 2015 2:34 AM

Dec 2012
KuroudoAkabane said:

I'd say that actually fits Morel well.
Sep 4, 2015 3:01 AM

Jan 2015
Banja said:
KuroudoAkabane said:

I'd say that actually fits Morel well.

Thanks for the information. Yes, what I'm trying to say is that Morel, Knuckle, Shoot, and Pariston, and perhaps Pakunoda are Americans
Sep 4, 2015 9:56 AM

Feb 2015
everyone in hxh is nigga
Sep 10, 2015 7:49 PM

Jan 2015
I might reconsider if Knuckle is Japanese/Korean/Chinese. Japanese is more fitting him I guess.
Jan 26, 2016 9:25 AM

Jan 2016
I personally think anyone could be any ethnicity, but this is just how I see some of the characters myself:

Killua: German and Japanese (including all his other siblings) I think it's pretty evident that he has a European father (Silva) and an Asian mother (Kikyo); it's cute how they wear each other's cultural outfits.
Gon: Brazilian
Hisoka: Japanese (or maybe half French)
Kurapika: Japanese (or maybe half Scandinavian)
Chrollo: Irish
Machi: Japanese
Feitan: Chinese
Leorio: Italian
Biscuit: German
Hanzo: Japanese
Menchi: Japanese
Pariston: English
Canary: Ghanaian (or maybe Nigerian)
Amane: Japanese
Gotoh: Japanese
Kastro: Japanese
Abengane: Kenyan
Zushi: Japanese
Wing: Chinese
Shizuku: Japanese
Squala: Indian
Ponzu: Japanese
Cluck: Spanish
Geru: Cuban
Razor: Japanese

Well yeah, that's what I see them as. You don't have to agree or anything. At the end of the day, they could be anything really :)
DarkDarlingJan 26, 2016 9:31 AM
~I'll wait, till the fruit has ripened, hehe~♥★ ♠ ♦

Aug 11, 2017 5:44 PM

Apr 2017
Both Killua and Kurapika are definitely Northern Europeans... I imagine Kurapika is Scandinavian and Killua Eastern European. Maybe Romania or the one of the Baltic states

Netero is Japanese

Leorio is definitely a yank lol

Gon is a hard one to tell... I think he maybe Japanese too.
Aug 1, 2019 11:46 PM
Aug 2019
Lol oh hell no... Kirua and all zoldik are algerians. Leolio spanish or italian, kurapika iranian or palestinian, or maybe north european (not england) gon is japanese or arab ;)
Aug 3, 2019 2:03 AM
Apr 2012
Gon - Canada
Killua - Russia
Kurapika - Sweden
Leorio - USA
Hisoka - France
Machi - France ( possibly)
Biscuit - UK
Chrollo - Italy
Netero - Japan
Pariston - UK
Aug 3, 2019 6:05 AM

Aug 2017
Meruem is floridian and the chimera ants from the area 51
MucosaAug 3, 2019 6:10 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2019 6:08 AM

Aug 2017
Durance45 said:
Gon - Canada
Killua - Russia
Kurapika - Sweden
Leorio - USA
Hisoka - France
Biscuit - UK
Chrollo - Italy
Netero - Japan
Pariston - UK
I don't think chollo is italian,he is too pale (I'm italian) Gon looks more italian - black hair,darker skin and brown eyes - to me chrollo looks more like an east european
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2019 8:19 AM
Mar 2019
I see it this way :
Gon ging → Malaysia because the clothes
Killua and zoldyck → algeria according to wiki
Kurapika → I would say Jewish
Hisoka → spain just because the theme song lol
Chrollo → looks so Italian (a godfather of a mafia _ his haircut....)
Aug 3, 2019 8:23 AM
Mar 2019
MegaMaverick said:
Both Killua and Kurapika are definitely Northern Europeans... I imagine Kurapika is Scandinavian and Killua Eastern European. Maybe Romania or the one of the Baltic states

Netero is Japanese

Killua and zoldyck are from republic of pedoka Wich is confirmed to be Algeria in real world
Aug 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Aug 2014
Pariston01ging said:
MegaMaverick said:

Netero is Japanese

Killua and zoldyck are from republic of pedoka Wich is confirmed to be Algeria in real world

Just because the Zoldycks live there doesn't mean their race/ethnicity is Algerian. Look at the real estate, they probably just wanted to own that volcano and its surrounding area. They are the world's greatest assassins and are incredibly rich, so they can live wherever they want.

Like someone mentioned above, I'd say that Zoldycks are probably northern European and Japanese, the children being euro-japanese.
Sep 30, 2020 1:35 PM
Aug 2020
Mucosa said:
Durance45 said:
Gon - Canada
Killua - Russia
Kurapika - Sweden
Leorio - USA
Hisoka - France
Biscuit - UK
Chrollo - Italy
Netero - Japan
Pariston - UK
I don't think chollo is italian,he is too pale (I'm italian) Gon looks more italian - black hair,darker skin and brown eyes - to me chrollo looks more like an east european
even killua I think the zoldyc family seems like Jewish Algerian (northern African in general) since it represents the second ethnicity)
Nov 3, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2020
All I know is that Canary is black... Actually, Gon might be Japanese, Arabian, or Brazilian. Either one of those three.
Dec 8, 2020 10:40 AM
Dec 2020
Gon is defo Arab. Togashi mentioned he had a phase where he was really interested in Egypt and even visited there with his wife. Also the turban Ging wears and Aunt Mitos hair from henna adds up but tbh I can him from any Mediterranean country and Malaysia (its the fishing i guess)
Mar 21, 2023 7:43 PM
Mar 2023
Prasdana said:
This is how I see it:

Gon and Ging: France perhaps? Well it's because their last name lol. Though I could see they are from Japan because of the culture (they have traditional japanasse bath for example). Or perhaps they could be from Indonesia. It would explain why Ging is short. Another possibility is England.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_Island,_Hampshire. In the end, Indonesia is my choose, lol.

Killua and Zoldyck: Algeria. See this http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_of_Padokea

Kurapika and Kurta: Sami tribe. He could be from Norway, Finland, Sweeden, or Rusia. He looks pale after all. (Non-viking scandinavian, blonde hair, and choise of clothing back this-up. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sami_people

Leorio: Spain. There's a small city called Leorio in Spain. Leorio himself claimed that the people of his country can drink beer when they reach age of 16. Now, Spain allows their people to drink at the age of 18, but you can drink at the age of 16 in Asturia.

Hisoka: Spain or Mexico? Just because of his theme in 2011 version, lol.

Hanzo, Nobunaga, and Basho: Japan. Hanzo and Basho are confirmed from Jappon (which based on Japan), Nobunaga is inspired by Nobunaga Oda, lol

Isaac Netero: Japan? Just because of his clothing, lol.

Knuckle, Morel, Shoot, and Pariston: USA. Well, I could see them from their appareances, that's all.

Well, maybe I could tell more later on, but I'm tired atm.What would you consider their ethnicities/races to be?

EDIT: There you go.

Feitan: Chinese. He's confirmed he is Chinese.

Biscuit Krueger: German. Krueger sounds like a name from German, lol

Knov: France. He's so stylish, that's why, lol.

Chrollo: Greek? Bons structure, Cloths, and Bible

EDIT 2:

I can agree with Mikasa that Hisoka is the mix of French and Korea.

Netero, I have reconsider that he might be Japanese-English/Commonwealth. (most likely considering the name of Isaac.

Phinks perhaps is from Balkans. That tracksuit.

Kaito I would say he's Welsh

Bonolenov perhaps is native South American or African

EDIT 4:

Pakunoda: American. She has blonde hair as well

Franklin: I think he might be English. His face is like the typical of English's Gentlemen

Machi: She might be Japanese as well. She looks like Japanese lol

When it comes to leorio I have a strong feeling he's cuban based off of the areas he grew up in and the drinking age in Cuba is 16 leorio mentioned the expenses of Healthcare where he grew up and why he wanted to be a doctor aswell and his flashbacks rly do look like some of the more "poor" areas of Cuba. That's just my personal opinion based off of what I've observed
Gon on the other hand its understandable that people think he's Canadian I personally am not sure about that I'm Canadian and based off of the island gon lives on if in Canada would most likely be P.E.I (prince Edward Islands) which is a possibility as there are more forested areas in P.E.I but I was also thinking there was a possibility he's from fiji based off again the island and forestry.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Yesterday, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

kisami - Jun 23, 2012

208 by zainpog »»
Apr 13, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

875 by zyluhs »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.