Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Jan 22, 2016 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
I hated the Clementine character but in a good way, I am glad she got her comeuppance in this episode.
Mar 21, 2016 8:41 PM

Feb 2014
Wow... what makes me impressed are people laughing and celebrating the WAY she was killed... O_o

You guys are so bad as the way she was killed.
TechOtakuMar 21, 2016 8:50 PM
Mar 22, 2016 4:57 AM

Apr 2008
Viteracf said:
Wow... what makes me impressed are people laughing and celebrating the WAY she was killed... O_o

The sadistic bitch deserved it. Besides it was even gorier in the novel. WIth her guts coming out her mouth like toothpaste from a tube.
Mar 22, 2016 7:57 AM

Sep 2013
Viteracf said:

>humans

And it was way censored, read the novels after the anime.
Apr 23, 2016 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
Oh my God... I've seen a lot of anime and most of the time when a villain does something terrible, the protagonist beats them up and that's it, the worst that happens to them is that they go to jail afterwards. No blood. No death. But fucking Momonga just made that bitch pay ten-fold the price of what she did and crushed that bitch's bones like they're just twigs. That was satisfying as fuck. I love this show. Momonga rocks!

Btw, those CGI dragons looked a bit off.
Apr 30, 2016 5:07 PM

Sep 2013
What a wasted ep. Nabe hit them with the same lightning magic of 7tier and Ainz hugged her to death..........was it worth covering the whole episode NO FUCKING NOT!!!!
May 2, 2016 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
Okay, I was gonna say that the bitch deserved it but after reading her past I'm a little sad for her.
Jun 5, 2016 12:53 AM

Dec 2012
Nabe is such a babe.

Oh snap! He summoned 2 Berserk Dead Dragons.

I lied last episode. Clementine body shown in full glory this episode.

Clementine knows my favorite positions.

Seeing Clementine struggling to escape was rather....hot.

DAT ENDING THO! lol
RobJun 5, 2016 12:59 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 15, 2016 8:11 AM

Feb 2016
Well i thought I'm gonna hate this show but that scene with clementine and ainz was quite intense and interesting. Overall not much more than those two fights happened in this episode.
Jul 15, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Damn being slowly hugged to death like this :o
Aug 9, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
HOLY SHIT Narberal was friggin' BA!!! not to mention her maid outfit <333
Skeletal dragons were pretty cool too.
What a nice hug, felt a bit bad for Clementine .-. she got what she deserved still.
Wonder what Shalltear is up to lel.
Sep 3, 2016 6:00 PM

Feb 2015
Clementine's death was very very satisfying damn. Good job Ainz.
Sep 17, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
Just wow, the voice work of Clementine in her last moments were amazing. Such an intense and awesome scene. Feel a bit bad that she died, but damn her death was awesome. So gruesome and terrifying, yet so satisfying as she finally got her comeuppance!
Not happy about enjoying a death scene that way though.. Are we okay?
Oct 27, 2016 2:46 PM

Jan 2011
It's a bad sad that Clemetine died because her VA really did an excellent job. Not only in the end, but all the time. Though others aren't bad, e.g. Albedo after Ainz took out the mages of the theocracy, switching between giggling, being madly in love and serious on a moments notice without it being weird.

And that death scene..wow.

About Narberal: I got the feeling the dragons wouldn't be immune to all magic when she reached for her sword, only to take the scabbard and making sure the swords stays. I wonder why she even carries one if she isn't gonna use it though. Was it just part of the disguise? But she went as magic caster anyways, so why a sword?

The only thing missing was her telling that robed guy when he was saying "no human can cast 7th tier magic" something like "too bad for you that i'm not human" or so. Guess she felt it was enough teasing with her teleport + stab earlier.
Dec 4, 2016 1:53 PM

Dec 2014
I like Nabe but god damn. So egotistical that it suffocates me. If you're going to kill someone then just do it. You made Ainz wait longer. Bad maid.
LeMastaDec 4, 2016 2:15 PM
Dec 4, 2016 7:16 PM

Dec 2015
Viteracf said:

Clementine was an incredibly evil character. She had no qualms with committing mass murder or torturing her victims to maximize pain but the kicker is that she does these things with no purpose, she will just torture and kill for no other reason than because she can. At least Ainz and others will really only commit massacres for a specific goal... Clementine just liked to make people suffer and kill them in brutal ways.

She absolutely deserved the death she got and I loved every second of it.
I am really glad they didn't do the cop out thing and have Ainz let Clementine go, team rocket style.
Dec 24, 2016 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Ah I remember thinking it was so brutal to defeat someone like that. Hmm I didn't even look at my previous comment XD

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 31, 2016 10:15 PM

Apr 2014
Although the fights were both awesome, they were really dragged out with unnecessary talking. It was incredibly satisfying to see Clementine receive a slow and torturous retribution. Poor Nphirea, not dead but blinded for the rest of his life. Hope Momonga does something about it, but doubtful.

It's unfortunate that there are only four episodes remaining.
Jan 21, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2014
OHH THAT CRUSH SCENE WAS SO PERFECT.

I really wish Momon revived the black swords though. HE even kept on of their daggers for christsakes!

But I understand why he didn't.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 1, 2017 2:53 AM

Aug 2016
That death was looks fucking painful

Set by SenpieX
Aug 10, 2017 7:53 AM

Jun 2016
Nabel and Momonga-sama were so fucking badass in this episode (like always). When Nabel revealed her maid clothing, I was like "Holy shit. She was that girl?" Hahahaha.

The way Momonga-sama gave Clementine a death hug. Holy shit. That was sooooooo goood and satiating. Ugh.

Fucking brutal episode. I loved it so much.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 21, 2017 5:50 PM
Jun 2013
pretty entertaining squash matches. Since these fights have no real weight behind them its best to keep it visually entertaining. Though I will say the bear hug was animated weird. I mean you didint hear any crushing bones or anything. So it came off as snuggled to death lol.
Oct 24, 2017 6:02 AM

Dec 2015
Totally didn't expect Shalltear's rebellion from the OP /s. The plot is so weird, I felt they could have gotten so much more value from Clementine's character, her seiyuu was really good. Also if Momonga wanted to spread his name, why not just summon a bunch of monsters and kill them himself? Lastly, what's the point of having 2 alter egos and making them both famous?

Lastly, what's the point of giving a side character like Ninya a detailed back story like having missing sister when the character dies a few episodes later?
Prim3Oct 24, 2017 6:12 AM
~
Nov 25, 2017 3:06 AM

Apr 2009
Welp these two just played with their opponents, too imbalanced that they were curb stomp battles all the way and hardly challenging but very satisfying to watch especially with Clementine, her stolen plate trophies falling off her while she's being crushed is so much poetic justice. Bwahahahaha!

You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 14, 2017 11:25 PM

Dec 2016
Fights as good as this episode was satisfying!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 17, 2018 5:48 AM

Feb 2013
I loved Clementine's death, a bitch like that deserved to suffer.
May 18, 2018 2:57 AM

Mar 2017
That evil smile <3
Aug 10, 2018 11:58 AM
Mar 2017
It's the hug of death!
Sep 11, 2018 7:29 AM

Nov 2016
Ains was straight up savage, but I was expecting him to be even crueler.

Still, his line "I'm very hypocritical" was gold.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2018 11:58 PM

Aug 2017
Clementine's death was brutal lol. Narberal's fight against those two dragons and the creppy old man was very good.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 24, 2018 12:14 PM

Dec 2014
hamster is for the comedic relief.. hmmm well that was that
Nov 10, 2018 8:20 PM
Aug 2018
Ains squeezing Clementine to death was savage. I'm still not used to the cg but for some reason I kinda like it.
Jun 8, 2019 5:18 AM

Mar 2018
That was so satisfying to watch!
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Jul 8, 2019 3:53 PM
Jun 2016
Seeing Clementine get destroyed was bittersweet. I am going to miss that little psychopath but I was very delighted by her death. LOL
Sep 28, 2019 8:04 AM
Jul 2019
My God, this was so satisfying! That bitch got what she deserved. Wish Ainz can resurrect the group though. They were cool!
Jan 21, 2020 11:27 AM

May 2016
You got what you deserve :)
Jun 22, 2020 11:40 PM

May 2020
That insane CGI and fight with Nabe and the Skeletal dragons lel. A yandere maid comes to electrify you!.

Also, Ainz level of brutality is what you called this anime itself.
Mar 11, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
iDensity said:
Damn...

Even though it was simple, that was a painful death, it made me cringe.

The fact that she was trying to escape even causing herself some harm while slowly dying was... eh... I'm not a huge fan of yandere characters but that scene made me feel sorry for her.

Ainz is certainly something else.

i can't feel sry for he, its poetic justice

Vi- said:

well Karma is a bitch and she got what was coming for her/she got what she deserves sins she killed ppl by torturing them as well so fitting she dyed same way

Dominick_Destine said:
Viteracf said:

Clementine was an incredibly evil character. She had no qualms with committing mass murder or torturing her victims to maximize pain but the kicker is that she does these things with no purpose, she will just torture and kill for no other reason than because she can. At least Ainz and others will really only commit massacres for a specific goal... Clementine just liked to make people suffer and kill them in brutal ways.

She absolutely deserved the death she got and I loved every second of it.
I am really glad they didn't do the cop out thing and have Ainz let Clementine go, team rocket style.

and at-least she got to feel bit love before death, huge is a form to show love after all :D

FMmatron said:

Still, his line "I'm very hypocritical" was gold.

with that he was saying it was revenge he just acted before hes almost emotionless race makes it easy to act

last EPhe said its not about revenge i didn't care for them it would be hypocritical if it were the reason

Sugram22May 8, 2022 12:57 AM
Mar 16, 2021 5:47 PM
Oct 2020
my hype is high, the aiz was simply phenomenal, but the zombie part was .... weird
Lauzinhoinho_13Mar 25, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 31, 2021 10:44 PM
Jul 2018
Re-watching

I love it when the weak underestimates the weak-looking Strong!
Aug 19, 2021 12:43 AM

Jun 2016
I enjoyed the music in this episode. It was pretty thrilling and intense, especially given the circumstances.

The fights, imo, dragged a bit. They didn't need the first half of the fight as it was just an excuse to have a second-half power showcase, mostly from Nabe. Benefits no one really, unless, of course, they somehow lived.

Ainz: Huh?
Me: Huh?
The after ending-credit scene looks promising. I'm interested in seeing where it'll go.

Jan 1, 2022 5:26 AM

May 2017
I wasnt expecting that kind of hug from a mage 😅

neonie said:
The budget for this episode seemed to be $2.67, a bag of lays and stick of juicy fruit. The skeletal dragons were a complete joke and maybe some of the worst CG I've ever seen in an anime. GG animation department, you can shade what looks like a stolen asset from a PS2 game.

The 2D animation also wasn't great and boy Madhouse sure does love taking advantage of the fact Ainz face doesn't require any frames to speak, because apparently body language is beyond him as well, not that the other characters seem to move much either.

All in all I rate this episode: Stilted mess.

Well if it cost only 2.67$ , you should make a whole anime yourself alone , it would cost around 30$ and theres always ppl to buy it
It cost around 8$ to recruit a single employe for a single hour , that mean you can make an episode like that in less than 20mn , if you're that good you should do it !

Well just reading your comment is enough to know you cant , no one would pay something from you
Meanwhile Overlord got 4 seasons 🙂
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 29, 2022 12:05 AM

Oct 2021
Clementine's slow death is so satisfying to watch
Exiz79Jun 29, 2022 4:21 AM
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Jul 3, 2022 10:18 PM
Jun 2019
Kazuma is very proud
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Sep 22, 2022 12:39 PM
Jan 2021
Godly, i think it satysfied my needs
Nov 2, 2022 8:07 AM

Jan 2021
All bark, no bite...
Nov 10, 2022 8:49 PM

Jul 2022
Him as Ainz just grabbing Clementine without letting her go and little by little squeezing her tighter until she started losing her temper was good to see.

Btw, did I already say that I love the Ending Theme?
Nov 24, 2022 8:44 PM

Mar 2022
God those fights were brutal, Narbel just taking out the dragons and then eventually Khajiit, epic stuff but I gotta say the highlight is definitely Momonga's fight with Clementine and especially what he does to her. Man was it brutal or what? He just squeezed the life out of her until she was no more, she did deserve her fate after all she was the same person who tortured her victims for the hell of it and murdered the group that Ainz was with. I feel sorry that she died but at the same time like I said glad she died. Also Shalltear betraying her master? Now this I gotta see.
Dec 22, 2022 9:19 PM

Nov 2010
Narberal in her maid attire looks nice.
18:36 Ouch. Losing teeth like that looked painful.
I like the way he killed her. Her desperation was nice to watch. If I was Ainz, I would've r*ped her, then turned her into my sex slave instead of killing her.
It's too bad even a hero class like Clementine is a pushover against Ainz.
Cool showcase of powers this ep. even though the fights were one-sided.
Civil war within Nazarick. Interesting. I did see in the OP Shalltear and Ainz fighting one another. Finally, someone that can give him some challenge.
Jan 25, 2023 10:10 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Well that was easy and brutal.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 14, 2015

239 by RayousSR »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

282 by Raphaela28 »»
Apr 19, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

431 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 29, 7:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.