Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Overlord Episode 9 Discussion

Sep 2, 2015 5:40 AM

Darklight0303 said:
kataklism said:

if they talked about something meaningful, like sharing informations about the various types of magic, the world and all that ok, but half of what they said was just badmouthing each other very slowly, and that was a pain to watch.

Except Ainz was actually LEARNING things from fighting Clementine. Did you seriously NOT pay attention to this episode?

Nabe had nothing to learn from Khajit so her badmouthing was just her hatred of humans but that again counts as PERSONALITY for her.

and for the second time i say this rant was more about nabe's fight rather than ainz's one, in fact, ainz battle could have been good if it was made from start to end instead of jumping between each other of the 2 battles, but that's just a personal preference.

Sep 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Darklight0303 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Nothing wrong with that. There's no need to waste too many times on fodders that's gonna die.

There's everything wrong with that. Badmouthing can show the personality of the characters involved. Your sterile preferences are nonsensical.

They are insulting each other like litte kids, so much personality there. If having no interest in boring shit talking make my preference nonsensical than so be it.
Best boi, fite me

Sep 2, 2015 5:57 AM

Dont like, dont watch.

People still compalin about the nature of this anime at episode 9. This is not an anime about fighting and fighting and fighting, but action junkies dont understand that sadly, yet still watch and complain.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.

Sep 2, 2015 5:58 AM
kataklism said:
Darklight0303 said:

Except Ainz was actually LEARNING things from fighting Clementine. Did you seriously NOT pay attention to this episode?

Nabe had nothing to learn from Khajit so her badmouthing was just her hatred of humans but that again counts as PERSONALITY for her.

and for the second time i say this rant was more about nabe's fight rather than ainz's one, in fact, ainz battle could have been good if it was made from start to end instead of jumping between each other of the 2 battles, but that's just a personal preference.
Well Ainz actually talked even more about martial arts in the LN(inner monologues) like how Clementine's 1 move managed to stop time or at least that it seemed like that.Or how when she used "fortress" and managed to block the giant sword with just a stilleto. Too bad they didn't include some of that.

As for Nabe her shit talking didn't start this episode but I guess the complaint is undestandable, however thats still nothing compared to Albedos shit talking which they censored and changed in ep 4.
KaiserNazrin said:
Darklight0303 said:

Maybe because it would be over too quickly if they didn't. I enjoy the shit talking immensely. I don't get people who would just want simple figures to clash and end it all in the blink of an eye =_=

Nothing wrong with that. There's no need to waste too many times on fodders that's gonna die.
Ah but are they that insignificant? Ainz made a pretty big mistake regarding them.They probably will show it after the next one since next ep is from Shalltears POV.
Modified by barmar, Sep 2, 2015 6:10 AM

Sep 2, 2015 6:15 AM

Sep 2, 2015 6:43 AM
Gov said:
brofreeze said:
Poor clementine. I'm really love girls with that personality whether in anime or real life. It's so sad she have to die.

Poor? She tortured people and slaughtered Ainz's group. She tried to stab Ainz in the eye socket and so you know she is sadistic.

She doesn't deserve to be called poor and doesn't deserve sympathy.

I love it when evil killing innocent. Especially the evil is someone who have loose screw in their head. That's why I'm so sad when she have to die. She really turn me on. BTW, I love the scene where Ains killed her. Although I'm sad she have to die, but that scene really turn me on.

Sep 2, 2015 6:45 AM
Imeon said:
appido said:
what a brutal death, it was great.

Brutal? It's erotic!

I agree. It's really erotic. I'm getting hard watching that scene.

Sep 2, 2015 6:54 AM
brofreeze said:
Imeon said:

Brutal? It's erotic!

Seems like some people discovered their hidden selves while watching this episode and what they really are meant to be! Sasuga Ainz-sama "slow clap".

Sep 2, 2015 7:12 AM

I wasn't really expecting them to give a good fight, but I was kind of expecting Clementine to get away or survive somehow and come back later.

But this show has Undead, so maybe she can still come back from the grave.

Sep 2, 2015 7:13 AM
Anime Moderator
Master Öqvily

Damn, Ainz is just way to badass!

Sep 2, 2015 7:16 AM

The was a fine episode..
But wait.. Shalltear revolted..? What ?? o.o
I've got to find time to read the novel after this.

Sep 2, 2015 8:54 AM
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:

Wait, what's the point of completely-resistant-to-magic if it still vulnerable to higher tier of magic..!? It should be like Omniknight's Repel and cannot be targeted by magic smh ╮(╯▽╰)╭

Did you post this just to brag about knowing about ASSFAGGOTS or what? It's explained in the episode.

Sep 2, 2015 8:55 AM

i feel dirty about liking this anime, given that there is some definitely weird individuals who loved the last episode.

not gonna make names, but i think it's quite easy to guess who.

Sep 2, 2015 9:04 AM

ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Wait, what's the point of completely-resistant-to-magic if it still vulnerable to higher tier of magic..!? It should be like Omniknight's Repel and cannot be targeted by magic smh ╮(╯▽╰)╭

If our knowledge of fire states that it can never go beyond 2000C, having something resist 2000C means it is "completely resistant to fire" for us.

Then came along a fire that burns at 2100C..."completely resistant to fire" no longer applies NOW, but it applied before.

Sep 2, 2015 9:12 AM

I was kinda hoping Ainz would ress her as an undead slave to make her suffer for even considering she had a chance against him.

Sep 2, 2015 9:13 AM

Code-Nova said:
I was kinda hoping Ainz would ress her as an undead slave to make her suffer for even considering she had a chance against him.

She is not worthy of the MP cost to bother.

Sep 2, 2015 9:17 AM

Darklight0303 said:
Code-Nova said:

He's op, he has infinite mana ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sep 2, 2015 9:23 AM

Hugs.... Hugs everywhere !!! DAMN....AWESOME Clementine is crushed... by Ainz-sama love :3

Sep 2, 2015 9:59 AM

In the argument against Ainz raping Clementine and having sex with Albedo, Nabe, Maids, you said he didn't have a dick...

Your argument makes less sense. Early on in the anime, Ainz mentioned that he had his sex drive, but it went away after he didn't act on it, not that he lost it all together. Additionally, Demiurge, regarded as the NPC with the most wisdom in Nazarick (or so Ainz thinks?), talked about Ainz leaving behind his (yet to be conceived) child as his heir. This leads me to believe he can have sex and reproduce...

Sep 2, 2015 10:20 AM

Hugged to death huh ?
I was expecting a more like Mangekyo Sharingan torture style death but hey that did work quite well too.
I liked how Clementine was struggling and Ains was giving zero fucks about it.
Btw, LN Readers, do we get any infos about Ains Real Life later on ?

Sep 2, 2015 10:34 AM

finally momon is getting serious like seriously kill the bitch already

Sep 2, 2015 10:37 AM
LastIllusion said:
Hugged to death huh ?
I was expecting a more like Mangekyo Sharingan torture style death but hey that did work quite well too.
Nope and none is needed with how the other Volumes are playing out.

So yea never mind Ainz's real life we don't even see the Skellington himself that often.
Modified by ggYeti, Sep 2, 2015 10:53 AM

Sep 2, 2015 10:56 AM

kataklism said:
i feel dirty about liking this anime, given that there is some definitely weird individuals who loved the last episode.

not gonna make names, but i think it's quite easy to guess who.

Guilty.
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Was expecting more goryness with Clementine like exploding head, bursting out brain, hairy crushed skull with eyes popping (like Marimo in MLA VN), or maybe her skeleton forced out of her body, but oh well congratz to GM Ainz for defeating Clementine hooray *pachipachipachi*
I hope the fight with Shalltear-chan would be more 'interesting' (well OP theme had long spoiled the fight a tiny bit).

Even omniknights spell resistance doesnt affect everything, so really strong spells still pass through it.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.

Sep 2, 2015 11:54 AM

ggYeti said:
LastIllusion said:
Hugged to death huh ?
Nope and none is needed with how the other Volumes are playing out.

So yea never mind Ainz's real life we don't even see the Skellington himself that often.

Thank you for the info.
This does sound promising, I feared it might turn into another Mahouka.

Sep 2, 2015 12:16 PM

StardustReverie said:

Did you post this just to brag about knowing about ASSFAGGOTS or what? It's explained in the episode.
*sigh* No, I was not braggin about anything. I'd just like to speculate and pointed out things that I think need deeper explanation and clarification. Sorry if I offended your butt in any way. Teehee~ ^‿^-*
Darklight0303 said:
Read the novel if you want the more violent version of her death.

The highestl level of magic a human can use in the New World is level 6 and there's only one known person who has achieved that. That's why he believed it was completely resistant to magic. Completely Resistant to HUMAN magic

Alright, that cleared it. Human's magic. Got it.
entropy13 said:

If our knowledge of fire states that it can never go beyond 2000C, having something resist 2000C means it is "completely resistant to fire" for us.

Then came along a fire that burns at 2100C..."completely resistant to fire" no longer applies NOW, but it applied before.

I see.
Dextix said:

Even omniknights spell resistance doesnt affect everything, so really strong spells still pass through it.
Iyaa, this kinda off-topic. We shouldn't talk about DotA in this discussion thread. But yes Repel still can be affected by the like of Leviathan's ulti, or Earthshaker's. Omniknight is stunned or slowed but the damage is nullified. That's what I meant by resistant to magic. But I've quit from DotA 2 years ago, so there's no need for further discussion ;D

Sep 2, 2015 12:24 PM

Awesome episode. Things really do get exciting when Ains finally starts to take things seriously. I prefered the magic he used before, but this approach to kill Clementine works as well. Narbarel was pretty awesome too.

I wonder where this will go now though.

Sep 2, 2015 1:11 PM

Damn, Ainz should've made Clementine into some sort of slave. At least an undead mindless slave :p
Instead he tortures her for a bit and gives her the hug of death!
I guess he found her too sadistic and evil for his tastes, and rather disposed of her like a fly (in vengeance to what she'd done to his companions).

And Nabe is pretty powerful. Let's remind ourselves that she's supposed to be a subordinate and a pawn, rather than an actual floor leader. Ainz sure has it good.

Next episode should be fun to watch :>

Sep 2, 2015 1:32 PM

Very mediocre show. Not bad, but not great either. Started great though, shame.

Sep 2, 2015 3:17 PM
Darklight0303 said:
Psykrom said:

my thoughts exactly - if he can create a face out of thin air, why not a lump of meat?

The face was an illusions. If it was touched it would fade. Stop being stupid =_+

We don't even know what he's capable of and it was a joke, no reason to insult me.

Sep 2, 2015 3:48 PM

Keikaku doori huh Momonga? But rip Clementine, nice hug btw

Wth are you doing Shaltear?
[center]

Sep 2, 2015 3:54 PM

Clementine:

#rip
#rekt
#die like a butterfly

Sep 2, 2015 4:49 PM

Darklight0303 said:
Code-Nova said:

Thank you. Enough about Clementine. Her death was the ultimate satisfaction needed.

Sep 2, 2015 6:32 PM

Genix said:
I guess he found her too sadistic and evil for his tastes

I think the real problem for Ainz is that Clementine was just too full of herself, she would never have accepted a position as a subordinate at Nazarick or would have accepted such position only to betray them. She was too easy to read because she thought no one was powerful, mistake she paid with her life.
Modified by mangamuscle, Sep 2, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2, 2015 6:57 PM

Code-Nova said:
Darklight0303 said:

He's op, he has infinite mana ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Not quite. That (mana) would be an important plot point in the next arc.

Sep 2, 2015 7:43 PM

brofreeze said:
Imeon said:

Brutal? It's erotic!

You have issues.

Sep 2, 2015 7:49 PM

Gov said:

You have issues.

Just imagine Clement is trying to move away coz it's too "big and won't fit". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
#CHEXIT

Sep 2, 2015 9:01 PM

Clemintine got rekt.

SO REKT.

LMAO.

"Hugged to death"

gg wp Ainz. Most embarrassing death for one of the strongest humans.

5/5 this episode. I love characters like her who undermine the enemy too much to only get rekt all too easily.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture

Sep 2, 2015 9:06 PM

Imeon said:
Gov said:

You have issues.

Just imagine Clement is trying to move away coz it's too "big and won't fit". ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Lol. I had a feeling some person on MAL would sexualize this somehow.

Sep 2, 2015 9:43 PM
♋ Father Wolf ♋

Annuvin said:
I knew it was going to happen but was still secretly hoping Ainz would realize the possibilities and not dispose of her.

Agree'd. I'd be up-to-date with the LN by now, but I have cognitive problems that leave me unable to read large amounts of text. An insane girl like her, if tamed, would serve you obsessively - in and out of the bedroom. Plus, crazy is hot.

Dextix said:
Call me a weirdo, but that hug scene, so hot.

Embrace your sadism, bro.

Sep 2, 2015 9:49 PM
Angelow said:
Just wtf is Shalltear trying to do!? lol

She is from the first floor, then we can considerate her the "least powerful" from nazarick?

Of all the character have show up in the anime so far, she the Strongest bar none.

ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
Was expecting more goryness with Clementine like exploding head, bursting out brain, hairy crushed skull with eyes popping (like Marimo in MLA VN), or maybe her skeleton forced out of her body, but oh well congratz to GM Ainz for defeating Clementine hooray *pachipachipachi*
I hope the fight with Shalltear-chan would be more 'interesting' (well OP theme had long spoiled the fight a tiny bit).

Skeleton Dragon never have complete magic resistant, it can only resist up to tier 6 spell and Narberal, in the right condition, could cast tier 10 spell.
Modified by tucodon, Sep 2, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2, 2015 10:01 PM

Gov said:
Lol. I had a feeling some person on MAL would sexualize this somehow.

Somehow? That shit was innuendo on a silver plate wrapped in a pretty pink ribbon.

Sep 2, 2015 10:26 PM

=w= dat da besto death

Sep 2, 2015 10:40 PM

tucodon said:
Skeleton Dragon never have complete magic resistant, it can only resist up to tier 6 spell and Narberal, in the right condition, could cast tier 10 spell.
Yeah I know because the term "completely resistant" could be misleading, at least in the world of Overlord "complete resistance" doesn't mean invulnerable or like having absolute impenetrable barrier *yare yare*

Sep 2, 2015 11:01 PM
ShinRei_YaGaMi said:
tucodon said:
Yeah I know because the term "completely resistant" could be misleading, at least in the world of Overlord "complete resistance" doesn't mean invulnerable or like having absolute impenetrable barrier *yare yare*

Acctually the completely resistant part are form the people of the new world because they can only use up to tier 6 spell.

Sep 2, 2015 11:36 PM

A very fun episode. Really the best thing this series has going for it is it's characters, hope the plot gets better in the LN's.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Sep 2, 2015 11:37 PM
I would like some Nabe on a cold winters night :)

Sep 3, 2015 12:36 AM

Death by hug. What a way to go.

Nabe was awesome too. Fear the battle maid!

Sep 3, 2015 12:38 AM

Great episode. Gonna miss Clementine though

Sep 3, 2015 1:18 AM

You know, after reading the first volume of the novel (events that have already past), I noticed that in the English translated version, Ainz holds up his hands like he was preparing to hug at the Slane Theocracy angel fight...

Joke: Perhaps Ainz has a hug fetish?

Sep 3, 2015 1:39 AM
kyled00m said:
You know, after reading the first volume of the novel (events that have already past), I noticed that in the English translated version, Ainz holds up his hands like he was preparing to hug at the Slane Theocracy angel fight...

Joke: Perhaps Ainz has a hug fetish?
Lol, well he did strangle them in the end, so sadly no hugs were given that day.

Speaking of that fight it sure had a nice hype feel to it unlike in the anime.

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »