Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2015 7:17 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, very brutal death too.
Sep 1, 2015 7:20 PM
May 2012
Come on guys, give our "villains" some credit facing their demise!
Oh well... guess I am among the few who think Clementine was a badass character (I will truly miss her), even if she stood no chance against Ainz or his servants to begin with.
I enjoyed her twisted character, her voice acting and reactions/expressions/emotions are god-tier, it seriously turned me on. The scene where she went in for the kill was priceless... I had to rewatch her "killmove" multiple times to enjoy her insane expression and laughter. I really wonder how they intend to fill the gap she left.
If they have the chance, humans tend to plea for mercy but Clementine didn't. Still, being toyed with like an infant and being squashed like a bug was punishment for her toying with her own vicitms - a deserved taste of her own medicine I guess...

I had a hunch it would turn out like this and I knew Ainz would reveal his identity and face to her (I would've been seriously disappointed if not) but still, I expected more of the Necromancer... he could have known at least some far fetched legend about the Tomb of Nazerick (studying the dark arts).
Could have made things more exciting but wouldn't change the aftermath at all, haha.
Sep 1, 2015 7:34 PM

Dec 2007
Psykrom said:
but still, I expected more of the Necromancer... he could have known at least some far fetched legend about the Tomb of Nazerick (studying the dark arts).
Could have made things more exciting but wouldn't change the aftermath at all, haha.

As far as we know, as an anime watcher, Nazerick didn't exist in this world until just a short while ago. I like how they are building their reputation from the start, instead of the classic "ancient evil super-powerful beings" trope.

Great episode as always too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2015 7:39 PM
May 2012
kisami said:
anyone else feel sorry for Clem? i mean her struggle was hard to watch honestly. even though shes pure evil.

kind of, because what she brought to the table this episode was freaking awesome. Wish she could've kept her teeth, she was hot...
Sep 1, 2015 7:44 PM
May 2012
Ketuekigami said:
Psykrom said:
but still, I expected more of the Necromancer... he could have known at least some far fetched legend about the Tomb of Nazerick (studying the dark arts).

As far as we know, as an anime watcher, Nazerick didn't exist in this world until just a short while ago. I like how they are building their reputation from the start, instead of the classic "ancient evil super-powerful beings" trope.

Great episode as always too.

I like them building up reputation too, but it's a litte weird; Ainz being thrown into a world with a past while his past isn't part of that world... like the T-800 traveling through time to wreck everything back in the day ^^
I wonder if we will ever get an explanation what exactly happened.
Sep 1, 2015 8:04 PM

Jan 2014
loved it all. after nabe proved she could beat bald dude i was kinda hoping ainz would summon the rest of the battle maids just to show off.
Sep 1, 2015 8:17 PM

Aug 2011
Offeight said:
loved it all. after nabe proved she could beat bald dude i was kinda hoping ainz would summon the rest of the battle maids just to show off.

Mostly battle maid level is 50-70 i think. If he want to show off, he should summon his guardian, level100 dragon or undead.
Sep 1, 2015 8:40 PM

Apr 2014
I want to see a real fight soon.

Ending was arousing for some reason...
dissipatedSep 1, 2015 9:02 PM
Sep 1, 2015 8:54 PM

Aug 2011
sadpwner said:
I want to see a real fight soon.

Sep 1, 2015 9:16 PM
Aug 2015
Couldn't stop grinning on the Clementine fight. Dude's just way too badass.
Interesting development with Shalltear. First thought is complications between her and Albedo, but on second though, Overlord probably doesn't play into those romance tropes (or, at least, I hope not).
Sep 1, 2015 9:17 PM

Jun 2009
As soon as I saw this I knew Ains was gonna deliver. ^_^ so good
Sep 1, 2015 9:34 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Too many insulting words here in the episode.

...and also still one-sided battles as always.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Sep 1, 2015 9:53 PM
Jul 2015
hahaha that bitch died got what she deserved i wish he step on her corpse
Sep 1, 2015 9:53 PM

Mar 2013
The only really exciting development was Shalltear revolting.

Dunno why, but I'm slowly getting more and more bored with Overlord. It feels like so little is happening, nor do I care for Ainz as a protagonist.

Maybe I'd like it better if we had 2 cour, but oh well.
Sep 1, 2015 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
If I'm Ainz, I will just capture Clementine to Nazerick and make her my/Nazerick sex slave.
ZapredonSep 1, 2015 10:59 PM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 1, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode, the level of the battles was greater, despite the Nabe struggle which appears most exciting, it was nice to see her strength and as all Nazarick can not be underestimated, already Momonga tried to make the most balanced fight, but won easily, and at the end of a notice about Shalltear, I'm look forward for the next episodes ..
Sep 1, 2015 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
Aw yeah gave her the big old bear hug being crushed by only bones not the best way to go out lol

little to much shit talking this episode though
Sep 1, 2015 11:31 PM

Jun 2013
Lol that very last ending scene. Dont even really know if it gets me as a cliffhanger but I do really want to watch the next episode
Sep 1, 2015 11:35 PM
Sep 2009
citizen169 said:

The OP showed more than they can possibly adapt...I don't think we will see lizardmen tribe this season?

I'm kinda clinging to a feeble hope that since Zaryusu(?) was in the opening they plan to animate the rest at some point. That, and Sebas from the same opening seems to be from volume 5 as well.
Sep 2, 2015 12:00 AM

Mar 2012
-Trippwire- said:
Best anime hug ever.
Ains x Clementine <3

I can't stop laughing out of sheer "holy shit what a bad ass mutha fucka." Sure, it's normally a bad thing when your main character is over powered and doesn't face any challenges. But you know what? Sometimes you just want to see someone BEAT THE SHIT out of every adversary he or she comes across.

I'll never see hugs the same way again >_>

Seriously though, she got what she deserved. A slow brutal death.
Sep 2, 2015 1:12 AM

Apr 2014
what a brutal death, it was great.
Sep 2, 2015 1:33 AM

Apr 2011
Tokoya said:
Arcanix said:
Did people think that Ainz vs Clementine is going to be anything else than a complete stomp? lol
Nope lol.....Serves the bitch right anyway (Although I will miss seeing her hot body and personality that surprisingly turned me on)

That Skeleton Dragon made me wet tho and props to Nabe for going in hard
Another soulmate felt the same way as me, Clementine is hot, but dead hot now.

Ainz really belittled her, she a warrior and she died by a hug.
Wintovisky said:
Thank you for smashing that stupid whore, Momon!
Ya, cuz her virgin blood came throughout her mouth.
Sep 2, 2015 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
Lol Nabe was throwing every insult in the book at that Gargamelle looking motherfucker...insect, caterpillar, trash, filth, amoeba. lmao.

Gotta give Nabe the ultimate troll award. Momonga was trolling Clementine too, but he didn't actually use any of his power once he showed his true form. Nabe on the other hand, was dicking around in her disguised form (and probably still could've won) then wastes no time transforming when she gets the ok and one hits the pussy and his dragons with a single 7th tier magic spell. She's not even a floor boss and rekt this dude with one attack.

Ainz's kill on Clemetine was brutal. Gloriously brutal. Squeezing the life out of her in a way where she's flailing and fighting so hard that she lost fucking teeth, and blood was coming out of any hole available. Then he drops her like a dirty sack of shit when he's done.

Also love the "you took your time with her didn't you?" and the "I'm actually a hypocrite". So you know the traps death made this kill pretty personal.

Shalltear...what you doing!? Stahp. Go back to soaking your panties to the thought of Momonga's power.
Sep 2, 2015 2:24 AM
Sep 2015
Okay... i just want to say this, the OP shows it all 😑😑 about the fight and all
Sep 2, 2015 2:32 AM

Jul 2015
That was a CRUSHING defeat.
Sep 2, 2015 2:46 AM

Sep 2013
I didn't liked this episode,the fight was stupid and win by the start,now we have 4 episodes left and we didn't even see a shade of plot im really disappointed by this anime and i hope we're gonna quickly get a sequel or im probably gonna forget this anime.
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 2, 2015 3:10 AM

Jan 2015
Lol, it must have been really painful to clementine.
Sep 2, 2015 3:10 AM

Apr 2008
ropiel said:
I didn't liked this episode,the fight was stupid and win by the start,now we have 4 episodes left and we didn't even see a shade of plot im really disappointed by this anime and i hope we're gonna quickly get a sequel or im probably gonna forget this anime.

This is volume 2 completed out of nine. Stop complaining
Sep 2, 2015 3:20 AM

Jul 2014
ropiel said:

If you open your eyes, you may see the plot.
Sep 2, 2015 3:27 AM

Aug 2014
ropiel said:
I'm very, very surprised that you did not managed to see the plot when you are already at episode 9. Do you even Anime? lol
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 2, 2015 3:49 AM
Nov 2013
I really loved the hug scene, it's been a while i haven't seen slow deaths and seeing a goddamn skeleton is even sweeter.
Sep 2, 2015 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
RadonMax said:
Balong said:
Am i the only one who is really not impressed by Nabe fight?
I mean, a "good-looking woman" standing huge monsters with no really probems and crushing them with a flashy attack with a intense music behind, It's nearly in any fantasy-action shows I would like to say. I was like "Here we go again..).
At least, those dragons were undead so I don't care....

But good lord.....
Call my mad or insane but the vision of this bitch trying desperately to escape and dying slowly was......so satisfaying....

It's like watching Yuno of Mirrai Nikki, any those bitchs from Gachiki no whatever Saku or any madgirls like them being killed slowly, painfullly, horribly with a hopeless face...

That's my face during this beautifull moment...

Well you can say we're both insane becuse I was the same way.

Yup,that hug was satisfaction of the week,heck maybe even season.
Overlord was worth watching already just for this scene.
Sep 2, 2015 4:02 AM
Feb 2015
ropiel said:

The plot is easy to get a grasp of but it's a bit different than the generic "Stuck in a video game, must find way out".
It's basically. Physically Ainz is unstoppable but that's not the point of the story it's meant to showcase how does an unstoppable being deal with being introduced to a new world with unknown entities and unknown people.
Sep 2, 2015 4:05 AM
May 2012
dfsafsaf said:
Gov said:

Ainz doesn't have a dick, so you can't do any of that.

he's a magician, could probably get one if he really wanted to

my thoughts exactly - if he can create a face out of thin air, why not a lump of meat?
Sep 2, 2015 4:21 AM
Nov 2013
Poor clementine. I'm really love girls with that personality whether in anime or real life. It's so sad she have to die.
Sep 2, 2015 4:52 AM

Oct 2011
brofreeze said:
Poor clementine. I'm really love girls with that personality whether in anime or real life. It's so sad she have to die.

Poor? She tortured people and slaughtered Ainz's group. She tried to stab Ainz in the eye socket and so you know she is sadistic.

She doesn't deserve to be called poor and doesn't deserve sympathy.
Sep 2, 2015 4:59 AM

Apr 2015
appido said:
what a brutal death, it was great.

Brutal? It's erotic!
#CHEXIT
Sep 2, 2015 5:01 AM

Jan 2011
He demolished her even harder than I expected.
Sep 2, 2015 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
Oh yes, that was very satisfying. XD
I remember smiling and laughing when Onii-sama pawns his enemies.

Nice job Momonga and Nabe-chan. XD
Momon x Clementine <3<3<3
Plenty of Hugs for her. Hehehe
Sep 2, 2015 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
They shit talk more than actually fighting. Its getting tedious.

Sep 2, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2008
Psykrom said:
dfsafsaf said:

my thoughts exactly - if he can create a face out of thin air, why not a lump of meat?

The face was an illusions. If it was touched it would fade. Stop being stupid =_+
Sep 2, 2015 5:28 AM

Apr 2008
KaiserNazrin said:

Maybe because it would be over too quickly if they didn't. I enjoy the shit talking immensely. I don't get people who would just want simple figures to clash and end it all in the blink of an eye =_=
Sep 2, 2015 5:33 AM
Oct 2011
Psykrom said:
dfsafsaf said:

Yup it's a low level illusion spell. Well even if he could create a "lump of meat" it'd be just that- meat.

He could always "bone" somebody , thats an option,not that he'd feel any pleasure from doing that though.. lol.
Sep 2, 2015 5:34 AM

Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Maybe because it would be over too quickly if they didn't. I enjoy the shit talking immensely. I don't get people who would just want simple figures to clash and end it all in the blink of an eye =_=

if they talked about something meaningful, like sharing informations about the various types of magic, the world and all that ok, but half of what they said was just badmouthing each other very slowly, and that was a pain to watch.
Sep 2, 2015 5:36 AM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Nothing wrong with that. There's no need to waste too many times on fodders that's gonna die.

Sep 2, 2015 5:36 AM

Apr 2008
kataklism said:
Darklight0303 said:

if they talked about something meaningful, like sharing informations about the various types of magic, the world and all that ok, but half of what they said was just badmouthing each other very slowly, and that was a pain to watch.

Except Ainz was actually LEARNING things from fighting Clementine. Did you seriously NOT pay attention to this episode?

Nabe had nothing to learn from Khajit so her badmouthing was just her hatred of humans but that again counts as PERSONALITY for her.
Sep 2, 2015 5:37 AM

Apr 2008
KaiserNazrin said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nothing wrong with that. There's no need to waste too many times on fodders that's gonna die.

There's everything wrong with that. Badmouthing can show the personality of the characters involved. Your sterile preferences are nonsensical.
Sep 2, 2015 5:40 AM

Jul 2011
Darklight0303 said:
kataklism said:

Except Ainz was actually LEARNING things from fighting Clementine. Did you seriously NOT pay attention to this episode?

Nabe had nothing to learn from Khajit so her badmouthing was just her hatred of humans but that again counts as PERSONALITY for her.

and for the second time i say this rant was more about nabe's fight rather than ainz's one, in fact, ainz battle could have been good if it was made from start to end instead of jumping between each other of the 2 battles, but that's just a personal preference.
Sep 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
KaiserNazrin said:

There's everything wrong with that. Badmouthing can show the personality of the characters involved. Your sterile preferences are nonsensical.

They are insulting each other like litte kids, so much personality there. If having no interest in boring shit talking make my preference nonsensical than so be it.

Sep 2, 2015 5:57 AM

Jul 2014
Dont like, dont watch.

People still compalin about the nature of this anime at episode 9. This is not an anime about fighting and fighting and fighting, but action junkies dont understand that sadly, yet still watch and complain.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

367 by bonzala »»
Yesterday, 5:56 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

431 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 29, 7:51 AM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

» Why couldn't Ainz defeat Shalltear easily?

Complexor - Dec 13, 2015

14 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.