Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 1, 2015 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Action was fast yet intense this episode. Skeletal dragon huh?

Nabe is also quite impressive imo. Guess the battle maids shouldn't be underestimated at all. The fight between Clementine and Ainz felt less impressive imo. Nabe seriously went into combat mode though.

That chain lightning spell is attack not to mess with~
I think Clementine was too desperate this episode. Ainz destroyed her.
Sep 1, 2015 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
Did people think that Ainz vs Clementine is going to be anything else than a complete stomp? lol
Sep 1, 2015 7:28 AM
Oct 2011
Where can I hold all these hugs
Sep 1, 2015 7:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Arcanix said:
Did people think that Ainz vs Clementine is going to be anything else than a complete stomp? lol
Nope lol.....Serves the bitch right anyway (Although I will miss seeing her hot body and personality that surprisingly turned me on)

That Skeleton Dragon made me wet tho and props to Nabe for going in hard
Sep 1, 2015 8:50 AM

Mar 2012
HAHAHAHA ...oh Hell yes this what i have been waiting for...the wait was worth it...full blown overlord action madness to the best there is.

HAHA serves that bitch right for she had done..i shed no tear...but god that was one brutal and yet worthy way for her to die...Ainz u are the god of death..i bow to your supremacy.

I love nabe action too..her bitterness towards kajit was so freakin awesome and those skeletal dragon fight were beast Xd
Sep 1, 2015 8:59 AM

Mar 2014
I wonder what the inside of Einz's head taste like ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

DesuTronicSep 1, 2015 9:29 AM
Sep 1, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2014
Handicap my ass
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Sep 1, 2015 9:05 AM

May 2014
Why did I have a smile during hug scene?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2015 9:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Nabe and the Skeletal Dragon stole the show for me. DAT CGI! DAT ANIMATION! o.O
Sep 1, 2015 9:10 AM

Aug 2014
Narberal in her maid outfit is the best!
Your taste in Anime is shit.

Because you can't differentiate between what's good and bad.

How sad.
Sep 1, 2015 9:11 AM

Jun 2013
Daaaaamnn Nabe Ö. Must have been hard for her, holding in instead of just crushing him.
Clementine got stomped as expected, ggwp.

That part after the ED song though when Ains gets the message from Albedo...
Sep 1, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2014
definitely handicap lol
Sep 1, 2015 9:14 AM

Nov 2008
Quite a handicap given and honestly I think you could sum up this ep with "Rekt" Poor Nabe having to hold back so much against the Weaker of the 2 enemies.

Though I don't think Clementine was 'weak' per say for a human warrior she was quite powerful. But she wasn't fighting a human- and despite everything Ainz says- he still desired to avenge Ninya and did so.

Avenox said:
Daaaaamnn Nabe Ö. Must have been hard for her, holding in instead of just crushing him.
Clementine got stomped as expected, ggwp.

That part after the ED song though when Ains gets the message from Albedo...

I assume that bit in the OP will come to pass... Shelltear vs Ainz? I assume something happened to Vampy-chan ;/ She is a 'true vampire' so maybe corrupted by the blood lust around her? not sure
sirwenceSep 1, 2015 9:19 AM
Sep 1, 2015 9:18 AM

Apr 2014
Nabe is just too OP and Badass

Clementine got her ass handed to her XD

Sep 1, 2015 9:20 AM

Jan 2012
Clementine's death was appropriately brutal. :D Shalltear....revolted? Well then....ok?
Sep 1, 2015 9:21 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, Narbe was really sadistic to show him that she can kill him anytime then to continue on and crushed his trump card. Momonga's action was nothing short from that too, it was pretty cool for him to admit that he is a hypocrite.

Well, a "handicap" was given, but hearing about the new news, looking forward to seeing him in full power. What exactly caused Shalltear to revolt does seem to be very intriguing.
Sep 1, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
"blablablainsectsblablablabiai'mnoteventryingblablabla"

we get it, you could have killed them with just one finger if you wanted, so why make the fight last 17 minutes by talking about basically nothing relevant for 2 minutes after every exchange of attack? both fights could have finished in a total time of 7 minutes and they could have still talked a lot, just not that much.

animefan8800 said:
Clementine's death was appropriately brutal. :D Shalltear....revolted? Well then....ok?

pretty sure that

[spoiler] even if as people were saying ainz would kill her, he'd probably revive her after that, given that she's a member of nazarick's tomb, not of the human world, so i'd say there's no need to be too worried, it'll be fun though.
Sep 1, 2015 9:31 AM

Apr 2013
That was a fight worth having although Momonga and Nabe were mad OP. We knew how it was going to end from the beginning but seeing the destruction was all the sweeter.

RIP Clementine. I'll always miss your smile. At least she got one last "hug" at the very end.
Sep 1, 2015 9:32 AM
Dec 2013
Shame they cut out the puke scene. Awesome ep ho! And that ass.. Also wanted Clem to live but w/e I guess. I also wanted Ninya and those others to, so CLem got what she deserved but still.
Sep 1, 2015 9:33 AM
Apr 2015
damn son this my guilty pleasure this season
Sep 1, 2015 9:34 AM

Sep 2014
Am i the only one who is really not impressed by Nabe fight?
I mean, a "good-looking woman" standing huge monsters with no really probems and crushing them with a flashy attack with a intense music behind, It's nearly in any fantasy-action shows I would like to say. I was like "Here we go again..).
At least, those dragons were undead so I don't care....

But good lord.....
Call my mad or insane but the vision of this bitch trying desperately to escape and dying slowly was......so satisfaying....

It's like watching Yuno of Mirrai Nikki, Rori Mercury of Gare, any those bitchs from Gachiki no whatever Saku or any madgirls like them being killed slowly, painfullly, horribly with a hopeless face...

That's my face during this beautifull moment...

Jun 2014
Ohhh Clementine got what she deserved

also Nabe finally got to enjoy herself huh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 2015
kataklism said:

we get it, you could have killed them with just one finger if you wanted, so why make the fight last 17 minutes by talking about basically nothing relevant for 2 minutes after every exchange of attack? both fights could have finished in a total time of 7 minutes and they could have still talked a lot, just not that much.

Did you miss the part where he said he was using her to learn more about "martial arts". That never existed in YGGDRASIL, its exclusive to this world.
Sep 1, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2014
This was so fucking good. Two of the most satisfying fights to watch I have ever seen. 10/10.
Sep 1, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2012
Dam, I wanted to see Ainz highest tier magic in action, but Narberal will also do. OP
Sep 1, 2015 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
Just wtf is Shalltear trying to do!? lol
Helios373Sep 1, 2015 1:37 PM
Sep 1, 2015 9:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
About as onesided as expected. Still pretty damn epic

"I'm very hypocritical" best part lol
Sep 1, 2015 9:44 AM

Feb 2012
Angelow said:
Just wtf is Shalltear trying to do!? lol

Make her fake boobs look even
#rekt
Sep 1, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2011
GillItMr_No said:
kataklism said:

Did you miss the part where he said he was using her to learn more about "martial arts". That never existed in YGGDRASIL, its exclusive to this world.

my rant was actually more towards nabe's figth rather than ainz's one, i mean ainz fight was bad too yes, but not to the levels of nabe, it was nearly painful to watch.

Balong said:

It's like watching Yuno of Mirrai Nikki, ROY MERCURY of Gate, any those bitchs...

wait a sec,rory's not like that! just because she kills people it doesn't mean she 's on the same level of that crazy ass yandere that is yuno, the liking into killing it's the only thing they share, they're complete opposites with everything else.
Sep 1, 2015 9:50 AM

Aug 2013
Finally, a great episode..
totally REKT, Ains-sama OP

when Narberal use her Chain Dragon Lightning, I thought the OST's composer is same with FT lol
Sep 1, 2015 9:51 AM
Mar 2012
nICE, p much aots right now
Sep 1, 2015 9:52 AM
Mar 2015
Balong said:
Am i the only one who is really not impressed by Nabe fight?
I mean, a "good-looking woman" standing huge monsters with no really probems and crushing them with a flashy attack with a intense music behind, It's nearly in any fantasy-action shows I would like to say. I was like "Here we go again..).
At least, those dragons were undead so I don't care....

But good lord.....
Call my mad or insane but the vision of this bitch trying desperately to escape and dying slowly was......so satisfaying....

It's like watching Yuno of Mirrai Nikki, any those bitchs from Gachiki no whatever Saku or any madgirls like them being killed slowly, painfullly, horribly with a hopeless face...

Well you can say we're both insane becuse I was the same way.
Sep 1, 2015 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
Only 4 eps left. It should be a 2 cour.

Shalltear arc will be quite interesting.
Sep 1, 2015 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
The fight was so epic.

Nabe are so badass and owned those skeletal dragons so easily.

Clementine got what she deserved!
Sep 1, 2015 9:55 AM

Nov 2014
Awesome action this time, Nabe is a badass
Hi there
Sep 1, 2015 9:57 AM
Jun 2014
Good episode 4/5. i can not believe that shalltear would betray him i thought that she was loyal?
Sep 1, 2015 9:58 AM
Nov 2012
Balong said:

But good lord.....

It's like watching Yuno of Mirrai Nikki, Rori Mercury of Gare, any those bitchs from Gachiki no whatever Saku or any madgirls like them being killed slowly, painfullly, horribly with a hopeless face...

. There were quite a few things left out esp in the Clementine fight but here you go my treat.
Sep 1, 2015 9:59 AM

Aug 2015
The ep was awesome, I´m looking forward to the following episodes!
Sep 1, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2014
Too short. Dear Madhouse, please fix that. 24 minutes isn't enough. :(
Sep 1, 2015 10:02 AM
Jun 2015
Rekt.
Sep 1, 2015 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
The hug scene was amazing.
Sep 1, 2015 10:05 AM

Jun 2010
The budget for this episode seemed to be $2.67, a bag of lays and stick of juicy fruit. The skeletal dragons were a complete joke and maybe some of the worst CG I've ever seen in an anime. GG animation department, you can shade what looks like a stolen asset from a PS2 game.

The 2D animation also wasn't great and boy Madhouse sure does love taking advantage of the fact Ainz face doesn't require any frames to speak, because apparently body language is beyond him as well, not that the other characters seem to move much either.

All in all I rate this episode: Stilted mess.
Sep 1, 2015 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
Damn Ainz and Nabe just destroyed both like stepping on insects. 'Dance of death' - kek

Things will be even more serious in the next episodes, I can't wait 1 week for this.
Sep 1, 2015 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
That was a good and brutal death, i liked it.
Sep 1, 2015 10:09 AM

Apr 2008
neonie said:
The budget for this episode seemed to be $2.67, a bag of lays and stick of juicy fruit. The skeletal dragons were a complete joke and maybe some of the worst CG I've ever seen in an anime. GG animation department, you can shade what looks like a stolen asset from a PS2 game.

The 2D animation also wasn't great and boy Madhouse sure does love taking advantage of the fact Ainz face doesn't require any frames to speak, because apparently body language is beyond him as well, not that the other characters seem to move much either.

It's official. YOu need to get your eyes checked
Sep 1, 2015 10:10 AM
Nov 2012
neonie said:

Only this episode? Surely you jest.If the budget was more than a teenagers allowance maybe we could actually get a better plot execution but alas.
Sep 1, 2015 10:12 AM

Jul 2014
Call me a weirdo, but that hug scene, so hot.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Sep 1, 2015 10:12 AM
Mar 2014
Skeletal dragons CGI? was done decently IMO. I've seen much worse. Next arc should be interesting.
The OP showed more than they can possibly adapt...I don't think we will see lizardmen tribe this season?
Sep 1, 2015 10:13 AM
Feb 2011
Shouldn't Shalltear revolving be much later if they followed the source material? Given this is Madhouse, I guess a chance for a 2nd season are quite low if they are adapting it now.
Sep 1, 2015 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
dfsafsaf said:
Shouldn't Shalltear revolving be much later if they followed the source material? Guess a chance for a 2nd season are quite low if they are adapting that now.

What? No. it happened at this time in the novels too
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2015

282 by Raphaela28 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

368 by mustiest »»
Apr 17, 8:09 PM

» Why do people compare this show to SAO? ( 1 2 )

arc1only - Jan 8

58 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 31, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

431 by C0ST4 »»
Mar 29, 7:51 AM

» Why is shalltear stronger than Ainz??

SkyVongolaPrimo - Oct 20, 2015

16 by janreycampo »»
Mar 27, 10:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.