Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 30, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"If Italy is the country of love, then all of love is in my hands." - Lupin the III

We start this episode, titled "Lupin's marriage", with some exposition about San Marino out of nowhere, while Zenigata is invited to the titular marriage.

Zenigata breaking inside the church all hot and bothered, the bride:"Who's this guy, your boyfriend?" lol

The bride in question, Rebecca Rossellini, is the heiress of the biggest italian hotel chain, model, stylist, girlfriend of various famous pepole and all around celebrity paper cover material. I shouldn't add that Fujiko is absolutely jealous about this whole marriage, and also because her and Lupin are both aiming at the same objective, the crown of San Marino.

And it turns out that Rebecca too wants the crown, and sends a fake message to the police claiming to be Lupin, and that's the reason why Zenigata is here. She disguised herself as a policeman and infiltrated the place where the held the crown and stole it. Not only that, she actually managed to beat Lupin and escapes with the loot. Meanwhile, Fujiko and Lupin decide to work together mostly as a repayment for the engagement ring she bought for Lupin's marriage. We cut to Piazza di Spagna in Rome as a lanky guy scowls at nowhere in particular. End of the episode.

Overall it's not the strongest episode in terms of plot or heist, it's more of an episode that sets up the series as it introduces a new rivarly with Rebecca, since she too is interested in stealing precious artifacts. The animation however is top notch, the whole second half of the episode is one escape after another over the roofs and the woods of San Marino and it's some really fluid work.

In conclusion, lots of potential, lots of fun. Looking forward to this new series!

5/5
Arashi89Aug 30, 2015 1:21 PM
Aug 30, 2015 1:07 PM

Apr 2014
So Lupin is in San Marino. He wants to steal the crown of San Marino, but a lady named Rebecca Rossellini got finally the crown. Three more episodes on Italia 1 today, blue jacket hype is real!
Aug 30, 2015 1:08 PM

Apr 2010
First four episodes in Italy right now (just finished the first one).
The marriage was interesting, well, it's basically the old comedy Lupin.

Animation made characters really skinny. Fujiko is much better than Rebecca.
The end of the episode is a bit disappointing, Lupin gets always fooled around by women.

Uhm, I believe it's the first time we italians get an anime before Japan.
Aug 30, 2015 1:21 PM
Apr 2015
Funny how we italians get Lupin before Japan ,and 4 ep. in a row .
Aug 30, 2015 1:39 PM
Dec 2014
TrueHaremKing said:

I am not italian, but I've always been watching Italia 1 since I can remember (I am going to an italian school)

I am not sure why would we get 4 eps in a row O.o... Too bad they had to change Lupin's and Jigen's voic actors ;( But I think we'll get used to it soon
j
Aug 30, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2010
erik_erik_ said:
TrueHaremKing said:

I am not italian, but I've always been watching Italia 1 since I can remember (I am going to an italian school)

I am not sure why would we get 4 eps in a row O.o... Too bad they had to change Lupin's and Jigen's voic actors ;( But I think we'll get used to it soon

In Italy the dubbers change a lot of times. Old episodes were dubbed in the '90s.
For me main voices are good, except Rebecca, I can't stand her voice.
Aug 30, 2015 1:45 PM
Apr 2015
erik_erik_ said:
TrueHaremKing said:

They changed Lupin voices because the actors died,at least i know that Lupin voice "Roberto del Giudiceo" died in 2008.
For the 4 episodes in a row ,its just "italian Style"
TrueHaremKingAug 30, 2015 1:48 PM
Aug 30, 2015 1:48 PM

Jan 2015
TrueHaremKing said:

True lol
Aug 30, 2015 1:50 PM

Apr 2010
TrueHaremKing said:
erik_erik_ said:

They changed Lupin voices because the actors died,at least i know that Lupin voice "Roberto del Giudiceo" died in 2008.

Binge watching anime in the '90s before Netflix and Hulu were invented.
Yeah, I remember that he died like other historical dubbers.
Aug 30, 2015 2:02 PM
Jul 2013
Uhm, I think that the voice of Rebecca suits her character, a little snob
Aug 30, 2015 2:03 PM
Jan 2015
Fuck me i watched this in italian tv though i was gonna be the only 1 to discuss this ep, i was wrong
Aug 30, 2015 2:17 PM
May 2015
Uh, if I may ask, where did you catch this? Is it online?

And thanks for the info.
Aug 30, 2015 2:20 PM

Apr 2010
Haneken2086 said:
Uh, if I may ask, where did you catch this? Is it online?

And thanks for the info.

On italian television, the channel name is called Italia 1.
Four episodes on a row to start the series.

You can watch some images from the official site of the television if you're interested.
http://www.mediaset.it/italia1/foto/1328/lupin-iii-l-avventura-italiana.shtml

It does not have an official online streaming unlike some other italian channels that are free to watch online.
Aug 30, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2009
It feels so good to have more lupin back on the tv. The dub is fine, i'm sad to hear the old va died.
this ep wasn't the strongest but 2, 3 and 4 were better. There were many ridiculous momento but that's what i like about lupin.
Rebecca is so annoying tho...
And i must be the only person in Italy who likes the opening. It's so trashy it's good
Aug 30, 2015 2:29 PM

Apr 2010
MINMAY- said:
It feels so good to have more lupin back on the tv. The dub is fine, i'm sad to hear the old va died.
this ep wasn't the strongest but 2, 3 and 4 were better. There were many ridiculous momento but that's what i like about lupin.
Rebecca is so annoying tho...
And i must be the only person in Italy who likes the opening. It's so trashy it's good

I like when Giorgio Vanni sings, not so much Moreno, but I don't hate it like 99% of the italian web. Maybe because I never heard of Moreno before the song.
Rebecca probably is going to be here for the whole series, so annoying.
Aug 30, 2015 2:43 PM
May 2015
kratos_aurion said:
On italian television, the channel name is called Italia 1.
Four episodes on a row to start the series.

You can watch some images from the official site of the television if you're interested.
http://www.mediaset.it/italia1/foto/1328/lupin-iii-l-avventura-italiana.shtml

It does not have an official online streaming unlike some other italian channels that are free to watch online.

Thank you very much. Hope to see this properly in due time.
Aug 30, 2015 3:55 PM
Dec 2014
TrueHaremKing said:
erik_erik_ said:

Peccato... R.I.P.
j
Aug 31, 2015 12:01 AM

Jan 2015
erik_erik_ said:
TrueHaremKing said:

Peccato... R.I.P.

Um, i like the new voice. RIP
Aug 31, 2015 9:55 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was pretty basic, but fun Lupin. I liked Rebecca quite a bit, won't mind if she's a recurring character.
Sep 1, 2015 8:19 AM

Apr 2015
That was pretty entertaining. I hope we get to see more Rebecca; she's awesome. Also, football next episode. ;)
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Sep 1, 2015 11:37 AM
Dec 2014
Xenocrisi said:
erik_erik_ said:

Peccato... R.I.P.

Um, i like the new voice. RIP

Yeah, Lupin's is especially fitting for the character and surprisingly similiar to the previous voice actor.
j
Sep 1, 2015 12:18 PM

Aug 2011
I've been trying to teach myself Italian in preparation for this series, but I wasn't successful. Still, I love being able to recognize bits and pieces of the dialogue.

I enjoyed this episode, and I hope we see Rebecca again in the coming episodes.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Sep 1, 2015 3:38 PM

Apr 2009
The Italian opening song is literally the only flaw this show has. It looks and feels like classic Lupin already and Rebecca seems to be a fun character.

AOTS.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 2, 2015 10:12 AM

Jan 2010
It's pretty fun. They've thrown in so much action and cheesy humor it almost looked like they're trying too hard at some point, but I like the director's vision of making a dynamic and fun Lupin, like in Castle of Cagliostro.

I'm probably going to wait for someone to splice the HDTV rips with Japanese audio, since it'd be a shame to watch the lower quality SD rips. There was also some de-sync with the latter so my best bet is on the official Japanese release, which shouldn't be more than a few weeks away.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Sep 3, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
The opening is so cheesy, I actually think I like it.
It's nearly a shame to watch it in SD, but when I saw it was out, I couldn't hold back.

Pretty good first episode, Rebecca seems like a great addition to the usual Lupin cast.

Sep 3, 2015 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, that was way more fun than I expected it to be. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes.

4.5/5.
Sep 7, 2015 6:25 AM
Mar 2014
Subpar animation combined with mediocre storytelling? Yeah, no thanks. Seems like it's only concerned about entertainment value.

Also, I find the Italian dub to be better than the original. Weird.
Sep 7, 2015 7:01 AM
Dec 2014
vodall said:
Subpar animation combined with mediocre storytelling? Yeah, no thanks. Seems like it's only concerned about entertainment value.

Also, I find the Italian dub to be better than the original. Weird.

Same.
j
Sep 7, 2015 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
That was a lot of fun. Nothing as serious as a woman named fujiko, but a nice, easy throwback. I'd love it if Lupin adaptations continue to switch between tones like that.
Sep 17, 2015 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
Finally got round to watching this episode.

Classic Lupin right there which is what I love, though I'm not sure how I feel about Rebecca, she's not bad but I'm very used to the dynamic of just the main four (plus Zenigata).
Sep 17, 2015 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
classic, i hate that Rebecca girl already even though she is sexy like Fujiko, girls like them are really a cock tease
Sep 25, 2015 5:03 AM

Jul 2012
I waited pretty long for this series and still managed to miss it by a few weeks. OP was okay. I don't really like how Italian sounds but maybe it'll grow on me. I'm glad that they seem to be going in the usual episodic wackiness direction with this. Not sure how I feel about Rebecca yet, but I wouldn't mind seeing her again. At least she's not another Oscar.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Sep 29, 2015 5:31 PM

Nov 2011
Japanese version of the OP theme song. Interesting....
Sep 29, 2015 9:57 PM

May 2014
Oh man the JP version of the OP looks gorgeous
Oct 1, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
nice new version of the main theme. much wow.

Oct 1, 2015 8:31 AM
May 2015
Stark700 said:
Japanese version of the OP theme song. Interesting....

Now that was a kickass intro.

The revised theme has grown on me, and that animation has distinctly improved a lot.
Oct 1, 2015 3:19 PM
Dec 2008
Oct 1, 2015 7:29 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Decided to wait until the Japanese dub aired and I was not disappointed

Classic Lupin all around and I really liked Rebecca too so I hope she sticks around for more episodes....Fujiko was totally jelly too lol

Looking forward to the rest of the season :)
Oct 2, 2015 12:31 AM

Sep 2013
WOO! Fun opening episode. Classic Lupin III and Rebecca grew on me quick, though I'd still like to know more about her.

It also seems like this series will have an ongoing plot or at least won't be completely episodic. Even if it is more episodic than I'd like, I'll still enjoy it though. So is the plot about how Lupin wants to find and divorce Rebecca? If so, that's pretty funny. lmao

The visuals were phenomenal. The lines can be a bit odd looking at times but the animation is very fluid, expressive and whacky, the backgrounds are utterly gorgeous and the character designs are just as iconic as they always were.

The soundtrack is excellent too, though that's always true for Lupin III. Voice acting performances are great even if it's a bit exposition heavy at times but it doesn't bother me too much.

Wasn't the most clever heist in the world but it's a solid opening episode that made use of each character in some way, can't wait for more. Also, the OP is one of the best I've seen in a while.
KetenOct 2, 2015 3:34 AM
Oct 2, 2015 5:14 AM
Jul 2014
Fun and quirky with a hint of old school. Weeeeee~ And the OP is gorgeous.
I'd love to watch more even if it stays completely episodic.
Oct 2, 2015 5:25 AM

Apr 2011
Don't understand how Gangsta got hype and not many people are watching Lupin :(
Oct 2, 2015 7:21 AM

Apr 2015
This is the first I've seen of Lupin III. It was fun, but about average for a children's show. I wasn't wowed by it.
Oct 2, 2015 7:57 AM
Oct 2011
The hype is so real for that OP!! A part of was hoping they would have kept the more serious tones seen in the 2012 anime and movie, but classic Lupin is always welcome! All the characters in Lupin's circle have their time in the spotlight, reintroducing us to their personalities and skills, and they're still gorgeous! :) Can't wait to see what they do with Rebecca's character and the fact that she and Lupin are technically married in future episodes, could prove to be interesting!
Oct 2, 2015 9:50 AM

Dec 2013
I have weakness for rooftop runs.

Beautiful and different art, jazzy and groovy ost plus some entertaining af goofy action? Count me in.
Oct 2, 2015 10:49 AM
Jul 2008
Great start to the series, can't wait to see more. I don't know what to think about Rebecca, but it is pretty funny that her and Lupin are technically married and Lupin now wants to find her to get divorced. Also, for some reason, I like him in his new blue jacket almost as much as his original red jacket. Don't know why, just do. It's also nice that it really shows how much effort they put in the series with the new but familiar music, great visuals, and updated character designs that look like (at least to me) the characters just aged a little instead of just getting redone. All in all, I can't say how good the series will be as a whole yet, but hopefully they can keep this kind of momentum going and build to a big finish.

Fintan said:
Don't understand how Gangsta got hype and not many people are watching Lupin :(

I couldn't agree more.
Oct 2, 2015 11:59 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, that was great.

The music, OP song (Japanese version), and the characters...
I like that Rebecca girl already as she is very hard to read because of her role so far and personality. Fujiko was also a nice sight to see as well. Action and comedy were fun to watch and overall, I feel like this show is really on track with the classic tone of the Lupin franchise.

Loving it so far.
Oct 2, 2015 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
Takeshi Koike definitely left his mark on the Lupin franchise considering how similar to his style the art and character design is.
Seems like we are in for a cool and classy fun ride.
Oct 2, 2015 7:36 PM

Feb 2008
Oh my gosh, that was truly beautiful in 720p. I can't even remember the last time I saw a seasonal anime that looks and sounds this nice. It also delivers some nice, silly fun as well, so I'll try to continue with it until the end. Certainly it is going to be one of the better anime this season.
Oct 3, 2015 12:47 AM

Feb 2015

Yay, the gang is back. I remember watching the series when I was a kid.
Well, I predicted Rebecca wasn't going to be a normal rich girl. She and Lupin make a great pair tbh.

Goemon and Fujiko are still my favorite characters. Though Fujiko can be a bitch sometimes.

SchwingBonerOct 3, 2015 12:52 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2015 2:06 PM

Jan 2012
Can someone tell me if there's a way to watch this with English subs? Of course I'm talking about the version from Japanese broadcast.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 12 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Oct 3, 2015

14 by Lessa_AG5 »»
Apr 10, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 10 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Sep 13, 2015

20 by illkyum »»
Dec 16, 2023 10:12 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 24 Discussion

deg - Jan 14, 2016

10 by adrai99 »»
Jul 3, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 7 Discussion

Xenocrisi - Sep 7, 2015

15 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 20, 2022 2:31 PM

Poll: » Lupin III (2015) Episode 4 Discussion

TrueHaremKing - Aug 30, 2015

37 by St0rmblade »»
Oct 27, 2022 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.