Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2009 11:52 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
oh my!! barely starting and we're already having trouble! mikako seem's so childish sometimes! but then she explains herself and doesn't seem too wrong...
Apr 25, 2014 9:36 PM

Nov 2009
Ugh, I actually really don't like the way the drama is being kicked up here. They are literally avoiding eachother for no real reason, she loves him, he loves her, but instead he is intentionally going to go date other girls . . . Instead of actually doing what he wants? I can imagine this being a frustrating series . . . Which I hate when looking for romance, oh well.
Jan 31, 2019 5:11 PM

Jun 2015
He is just trying to run away from his feelings.
:)
Sep 21, 2022 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
It was an okay chapter but definitely better than the last. I actually like the drama in terms of the characters exploring adolescent feelings. Both Mikako and Tsutomu make great points about being hesitant to confess their feelings to one another. They're both still trying to sort them out the best way that they can. For Mikako, she grew up with him, they spent sixteen years as close friends. Something akin to family. It's got to feel a little strange for her to realize that her feelings have changed in significant ways. Tsutomu clearly doesn't want to ruin their lasting friendship and bond by taking an uncertain leap into a romantic relationship. Now he's just avoiding it entirely.

Have to say, Tsutomu is such an unpredictable and hard to understand character so far. Though way too childish. Hoping he can grow and develop and figure out his identity. A lot of characters around him seem to influence the way he carries himself. He appears directionless and living in the shadow of Ken Nakagawa. I like how Mikako can see through this and stand up to his indecisiveness.

More topics from this board

» Will this ever be officially released in English in America?

Eternal_Moon - Jul 25, 2009

4 by ShadowNeo2 »»
Jan 14, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Gokinjo Monogatari Chapter 8 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 12, 2009

2 by removed-user »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:49 PM

Poll: » Gokinjo Monogatari Chapter 7 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 12, 2009

3 by mirandalup »»
Aug 8, 2023 5:45 AM

» Before you read this

Shidoteki - May 23, 2023

0 by Shidoteki »»
May 23, 2023 8:12 AM

Poll: » Gokinjo Monogatari Chapter 6 Discussion

Agarina - Dec 12, 2009

2 by removed-user »»
Sep 23, 2022 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.