Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion

Oct 2, 2015 12:44 PM

Hold on... Is his ability actually plundering other's ability or just copying it? Like why doesn't he have all the abilites he should have gotten so far by possessing.

Oct 4, 2015 8:36 AM

The thing I like most of anime, is when he manages to surprise me. In fact, this episode managed to make me a feeling that I could not hear for a long time, or be taken aback by the narrative with events that I had imagined, that happiness! I'm really excited and happy with what I saw.

Oct 14, 2015 11:42 AM

Ok... I am a bit confused with this episode. But at the end I can understand a little. Now, I can watch the 10. Nice.

Oct 14, 2015 3:09 PM

The show just seems to be grasping for straws at this point. Plot twist every episode now?

Oct 16, 2015 9:35 PM
What is this, Soviet Russia? There's no way that research lab is in Japan cuz there's no way the law would allow people to be treated that way. Who is funding that place anyways?

What's the point of dissecting Ayumi? Is there something unique about their organs that can only be studied via dissection? Wouldn't killing the patient make it stop functioning, so how wold they study it through that? Their powers seems to be all in the brain anyways, but what can you learn by dissecting a dead brain that you can't through brain scans? Its like the show just used the most cliche science tropes without a clue about the reasoning behind them.

A normal brain is already beyond complex, there's no way you can learn much of anything about how these super-powers work through isolated cell culturing. Wouldn't it be better to keep her alive so they can experiment on how she responds to different treatments? And if her powers are so powerful and special, why would they be so quick to kill her anyways? If she's considered too dangerous and they have no way of containing these kid's powers, then how are they managing her time-leaping brother?

Lastly, these kids should be quarantined or managed in some way. Powers like these are almost certain to bring chaos and danger to the public. They shouldn't be treated like lab rats but they shouldn't be allowed to roam freely either.

Oct 19, 2015 12:29 PM
Rodoxbrox said:
MenmaTheBest said:

i dont know if she is inlove with MC's brother but i can say its probably "admiration" since its MC's brother help Nao about everything, hospital bill,her brother etc. Remember the episode Nao said she stop trusting people, but theres only 1? its MC's brother

You did not see her reaction around him.
If he tells her to have sex with him, she has sex with him without a second thought.
Just see the reaction that the MC had when he saw the intimacy between the two.
Its been pretty good so far, hope they don't mess it up.
If MC brother tels Nao to betray Yuu and she goes wof wof, I'm so breaking sth.

Oct 20, 2015 10:40 AM

A time traveler. I can't say I'm surprised.

Nov 16, 2015 8:35 AM

Here we go with the time leap plot again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 7, 2015 11:48 AM

ZHIEND'S music was amazing. I'm going to listen to Marina's (the girl who does Ziend's voice) new album on Youtube.

And man, that mind f**k of Yuu's dream and the plot twist. It was beautiful and a confusing in a good way. 8.5/10.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.

Dec 17, 2015 12:18 AM

Amazing how the Otosaka siblings have the most OP powers. There's Time Leap, Collapse, and of course Plunder.
Hopefully Nao isn't in love with Shunsuke because Yuu x Nao!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.

Dec 19, 2015 12:59 AM

Yu was changing his dress again and again.That was funny of him!
Enjoyed this episode!!

Jan 2, 2016 8:36 AM

Ayumi's alive! I KNEW they wouldn't kill off a grade schooler!
On another note, Yuu apparently has a crush on Nao.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

- Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)

Jan 9, 2016 6:04 AM

Time travel now?! This is getting intense.

Anny555 said:
On another note, Yuu apparently has a crush on Nao.
And Nao apparently has a crush on Yuu's brother -_-

Jan 21, 2016 1:47 PM

Awesome episode. Didn't expect something like that, really interesting.

Feb 3, 2016 12:09 PM

Great episode. I just didn't understand Yuu's ability, I hope they explain in these 3 eps left.

Feb 3, 2016 12:28 PM

I knew, i knew, i knew it! It was way too obvious that Ayumi won't be dead forever.
Is Yuu's brother blind? He just seems to be looking somewhere far and not making a proper eye contact. And yeah, also he said "that voice must be Nao's".

Yuu's power is incredible. I wonder how long he can have someone's power and when he don't have it anymore, is it going to be returned back to the person who actually has it?
Modified by yoite-, Feb 3, 2016 12:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 13, 2016 4:46 AM

Great episode. And ZHIEND's music is so good, it's throwing me back to Girls Dead Monster.

Mar 23, 2016 5:01 PM

Yeah yeah I am late to the goddamn party but I can't accept the fact that they are all "test subjects" in a laboratory. Wouldn't there be ethical restrictions preventing shit like that?
I just want to die.

Mar 29, 2016 7:53 PM
Smudy said:
That was INCREDIBLE! Best episode by far, we get to know a ton of stuff.

- Yuu can indeed steal powers
- His brother has the time leap ability
- His brother is the person that Nao is trusting
- The whole group had a plan before Yuu's memories got erased
- NAO IS WAY TOO CUTE!

There are some questions that were not answered such as how why, in episode 5, why did Nao get beat up. If I had to guess those girls were likely power users, who had gone to very good schools, but were forced to transfer to this school because of Nao found them; in this case, we can imagine, even if Nao found them before the scientists did, they are being ungrateful to Nao where they blame her for their transfer and, if Nao retaliates, the girls will expose to the media the secret about the school.

Anyway, like Elfen Lied and kiwaguro no brynhildr, another anime where scumbag scientists are doing inhuman experimentation; I don't know how many other anime has this genre, this is the third one I seen so far, but I can imagine there are plenty. If I had to guess, the government and the JSDF are supporting the scientists as they kidnap poor children, separating them from their parrents while making false reports that they died in an accident. Seriously, I want to see an anime where the government and scientists' secret get exposed in the media and they all get arrested.

Jun 24, 2016 7:57 PM

Everything flooded in a little too quickly this episode, imo :/

At least it's getting better though lol. I bumped it up a score. The start was slow and kinda boring

Jul 13, 2016 12:22 AM

LMFAO Holy shit! I was just joking about Ayumi's death in the previous episodes when I said: "Bad End. This is not the right timeline." and "Now that Yuu appears to have recovered, will he go back in time to kill Konishi before his imouto uses ZA GUROUNDO! Find out next time on the next Charlotte Z." I didn't expect time travel to really happen.

*sees Yuu staring at Nao body*

Hey, Yuu...your creep is showing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

Aug 20, 2016 2:28 PM

No wonder Nao stopped Yuu when he wanted to use his ability on that guy with the glasses.

Jan 9, 2017 2:42 PM

What's this? Some kind of alternate universe where Nao doesn't exist? Also, did you notice the men wearing blue and the women wearing pink? What? Why do they need to color-code them if they're interested in their powers? Alright

Why wasn't Yuu at least a bit weirded out, anyway? I know he remembered, but he was like "I have a brother, yea, cool"

It looks like we're getting to the interesting part.
Modified by Kamidox, Jan 9, 2017 2:47 PM

Feb 12, 2017 8:59 PM
This was a good episode aside from some strange cuts and a bad case of rushed story.

The cuts during the concert could have been done ALOT better. If they had to use sudden jump cuts they should have changed the angel of the POV, however, I think they were trying to show a passage of time in which case they should have done a slow fade instead for the first cut and a faster fade and POV change for the second. it is to jarring as is.

It seems that as it stands the studio spliced 2 episodes together in order to save time. The first half should have run all the way up to the point whare Yuu faints at the concert with more internal monolog and a longer cut to black. The first half also could have been a good place for Yuu and Nao to develop a more detailed relationship. The second half of the episode should have been an entire episode unto itself (and probably was at some point based on the based on the staggeringly different pacing) and been one of the better episodes of the show.

In conclusion, the episode was most definitely rushed and definitely could have been handled better as two separate episodes.

On a side note is it weird that I got so bothered by those bad cuts that I wrote an entire short-form essay about this episode.

Feb 17, 2017 10:51 PM
Well, one small episode and giant leap for story. It was unexpected. This anime become more and more fragmented one, with artificial connection between fragments of story. But still not bad=)

May 1, 2017 4:15 PM

Quer dizer que agora Charlotte vai focar em viagem no tempo, isso é fácil, difícil seria se concentrar em algo concreto e desenvolver um bom enredo.

Jul 10, 2017 3:30 PM

An amazing episode! She's right that his brother does not look anything like him, Yuu's sister even looks slightly different.
Blaze Of Failure™

Jul 18, 2017 6:55 PM

Wow things got crazy! Didn't expect time travel. But that makes it more interesting. Can't wait to see how it goes.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin

Aug 11, 2017 9:01 AM

As expected, copying/stealing abilities. There were hints of time travel all over too. Good one I guess.

Oct 1, 2017 10:43 AM

Well, a whole story is behind what we are watching now. This characters have this life by a reason and with that time jump power they could save Ayumi and her incredible power.

Oct 13, 2017 2:29 AM

And the story takes a sharp left turn into time travel.

Jan 18, 2018 12:47 PM

I wish they would drop the hints that Nao and Yuu will end up together. I don't see a chemistry between them two.

Yay for OnoD voicing Shunsuke. Gaaaah.
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Feb 24, 2018 6:02 AM

Nice, something finally going on and it wasn't so much rushed as I thought it be.

Key water dispenser :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Oct 8, 2018 6:27 PM

yooooooooooooooo what?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Feb 17, 11:14 AM

First; What the actual fuck? Second, Miyuki Sawashiro(Sara Shane VA) is insanely good at her job.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.

Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]