Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 28, 2015 3:34 PM
Jan 2015
SPOILERS!

Hello!
Angel Beats! is one of my favourite anime. I watched it when I was younger for the first time and back then I didn't think about the 12th episode that much. Not even about the question why Otonashi gets into this afterworld when Kanade was there already for a long time. So, after watching it the second time (about two years after the first time watching).. I had this idea and I investigated.
The following link shows a chronological description of the plot (English and German) and includes my theory/truth. To be able to understand all that a bit better, you should watch the 12th episode again. Well.. I guess that you may want to watch the whole series again after reading this.
For me it's all clear and there aren't any other endings or theories. I really think that this is the one and only truth. Please tell me your thoughts to all that!

http://i.imgur.com/yKcWSXm.jpg

Thank you,
Hinnerk
Oct 21, 2015 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
Angel Beats has become one of my favourit shows too.

I came to a very similar conclusion after recently watching he show.
The only thing that i think is definatley wrong with your theory is, that Kanade and Otonashi (or any other of the chacters) meet randomly in their new lives.
It seems to me like the afterlife sets everything up on purpose so that everyone has the chance to achieve their dreams, and when you leave it takes your wishes and the bonds you created into account and sets you up to meet again so you can now live a fullfilling life.

The best example would be Yui and Hinata
Oct 22, 2015 10:48 AM
Jan 2015
This is a wonderful imagination.
I think that it's a really good point which is pretty important for the whole show, maybe.

Anything to add for my theory/belief for the show in terms to that idea?
Oct 22, 2015 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
Some characters still remember each other from their previous life which is a plot hole since that shouldn't be possible.

We never get to know or understand why the afterlife has a fucking high school in it.

Plot isn't really important either since they never focus on it, instead they have cliché rom com scenes and a festival to take up time.

0 originality, 0 depth and 0 percent logic.
Oct 22, 2015 4:10 PM

Jan 2009
Niddy said:
Some characters still remember each other from their previous life which is a plot hole since that shouldn't be possible.

Did they state anywhere that remebering somone from your past life should be impossible?

Niddy said:
We never get to know or understand why the afterlife has a fucking high school in it.

The purpose of that specific part of the afterlife is, to allow high school kids who died with regrets to achieve what is necessary to get over their regrets.
Using a High school makes sense because it is a setting that is familiar to all the people involved. It even makes sense for Yui because im pretty shure living a normal highschool kids live would have been something she wanted to do.
Oct 23, 2015 12:57 PM
Jan 2015
I certainly believe that Angel Beats! hasn't got the best charakters or comprehensively looks into them. Also the overall plot is somewhat squishy and, yes, it's too short which is the main problem, I guess.
If it was about twice the length It would fix all that.. More depth, more use of the potential of the scenario and the plot and last but not least the "logic" would be more "logical".
Oct 31, 2015 11:47 AM

Oct 2010
SheeshBird said:
SPOILERS!

Hello!
Angel Beats! is one of my favourite anime. I watched it when I was younger for the first time and back then I didn't think about the 12th episode that much. Not even about the question why Otonashi gets into this afterworld when Kanade was there already for a long time. So, after watching it the second time (about two years after the first time watching).. I had this idea and I investigated.
The following link shows a chronological description of the plot (English and German) and includes my theory/truth. To be able to understand all that a bit better, you should watch the 12th episode again. Well.. I guess that you may want to watch the whole series again after reading this.
For me it's all clear and there aren't any other endings or theories. I really think that this is the one and only truth. Please tell me your thoughts to all that!

http://i.imgur.com/yKcWSXm.jpg

Thank you,
Hinnerk

about the whole timeline thing, based on the prequel (Angel Beats! Heaven's Door) we can conclude that the people present in that "world" are from random time periods, for example Shiina is from ancient Japan.
Nov 5, 2015 9:12 PM

May 2009
I remember watching it some 5 years ago... And remember that I definitely enjoyed watching it, but it didn't leave long lasting memories. This in my dictionary means that it was not very exceptional for me.
Dunno I still think it's overhyped, so I doubt I will ever return to watch it again :?
ps. I checked the forum, just because I saw a review, which kinda reminds me of what I think about the anime.
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1750 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 18, 2010

463 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

661 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 11, 2010

377 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

564 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Yesterday, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.