Forum Settings
Forums

Mini Game v1: Splatoon Mafia (Beginner's Mafia) | Game End | Mafia Wins!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2015
I ment easier... Jesus I need to read what I writeXD
Aug 30, 2015 10:03 AM

May 2014
lol, okay that makes more sense now.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 10:15 AM

May 2014
@Leafz: did you just slip, is it because there's scum on your boots?
Aug 30, 2015 10:16 AM

May 2014
I just wanted to make a pun there.
Aug 30, 2015 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Nice pun. I should really be afraid right now huh? I mean everyone seems to think I'm mafia :P, not sure if that was good or bad :/. Ehh I'll find out on the next day phase weather or not I'm dead huh?
Aug 30, 2015 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
VanityStar said:
How can you be so sure that I am wrong?
Intuition and experience tell me you are wrong, mostly.

VanityStar said:
I am just trying to bring my own standpoint into this game. And you see. Indeed yes. I would quote here but merry joy phone.. Even our mentor, Soren said that we ought to try putting ourselves into the shoes of a scum. So basically that's what I'm doing at this stage.
Putting yourself into the shoes of a scum is a bad idea, because once again, it gives you the illusion of how a mafia would behave. I've lost DOZENS of mafia games for trying to do that, and eventually I learned that I must analyze the playstyle of other players and put myself on THEIR shoes, and think: "If I were X, what would I do as a town? And how would it differ from my behavior as a mafia?". Apply that formula to every player playing the game right now and you will be progressing.

VanityStar said:
Desperate? So you think that making sure we go for a clean-headed discussion is desperate? Then surely you're not fully on the good side.
Yes, I bet you think that the "good side" here is making the town unable to lynch during the whole game so the mafia can pick us off one by one. Well, I have good news for you, some people (like leblanck) agree with your strategy and will try their hardest to hinder the town's progress, have fun joining them.

VanityStar said:
You on the other hand, correct me if I'm wrong, gave a mere speculation on one particular action. Do you have any other arguments for your statement?
It'd be foolish of me to go all-in during the night phase. Have patience, wait for the morning phase.

VanityStar said:
From what I see, you principally throw mud at everybody who disagrees with you. What's the reason for this?
So far I only "threw mud" at you and leblanck, because your actions are reckless and are leading the town to ruin. I, as a townie, want to win the game, and for such I will employ the most efficient strategy. If you are hindering my strategy's efficiency, I will do everything within my reach to neutralize your actions, and if it comes to that, get you lynched. Even if you are town, killing bad townies that are being toxic to the town is part of the game and absolutely required to win sometimes. I can see this is the case for you and leblanck (IF you two are really townies, I am fairly sure leblanck isn't)
Aug 30, 2015 10:54 AM

May 2014
Even after the mentors explanations, I still don't see the advantage of a day one lynch, but I do see the point of voting. If all the townies vote no lynch then the, mafia can choose who to send home and you have no data on day two, I just don't see what extra data you get from a lynch, than a tie. Oh and since I'm probably dead tonight or tomorrow, could someone please clarify for me, how talking after you're dead works, and what the point of it is, and there's one more thing I don't get, how would special roles actually work?
Aug 30, 2015 10:56 AM

May 2014
To lupadim;

Intuition and experience tell me you are wrong, mostly.
So in other words, you have no proof for what I am saying is entirely wrong.

Putting yourself into the shoes of a scum is a bad idea, because once again, it gives you the illusion of how a mafia would behave. I've lost DOZENS of mafia games for trying to do that, and eventually I learned that I must analyze the playstyle of other players and put myself on THEIR shoes, and think: "If I were X, what would I do as a town? And how would it differ from my behavior as a mafia?". Apply that formula to every player playing the game right now and you will be progressing.
Hmm.. I think I understand what you're saying. Keeping that for futzre reference since it's hard to tell which style works better for me with this game being the second.

Yes, I bet you think that the "good side" here is making the town unable to lynch during the whole game so the mafia can pick us off one by one. Well, I have good news for you, some people (like leblanck) agree with your strategy and will try their hardest to hinder the town's progress, have fun joining them.
No. You missed my point entirely.
Here you were questioning me why I am defending blanck so much to which I said what you quoted. But it was suppossed to mean that I wanted to show you my point of view by flipping the coin to the other side.
I don't quite no, vanity you don't at all... understand how you managed to come to this kind of conclusion.. It's rather.. Ehh.. I don't even know what adjective I shouls put here.
Instead of stating as if you were so sure, you can ask me, like I've suggested you did so previously.

So far I only "threw mud" at you and leblanck, because your actions are reckless and are leading the town to ruin. I, as a townie, want to win the game, and for such I will employ the most efficient strategy. If you are hindering my strategy's efficiency, I will do everything within my reach to neutralize your actions, and if it comes to that, get you lynched. Even if you are town, killing bad townies that are being toxic to the town is part of the game and absolutely required to win sometimes. I can see this is the case for you and leblanck (IF you two are really townies, I am fairly sure leblanck isn't)
I already know what you think about blanck's actions so we don't need to go through that again. But how so are my actions considered to be reckless and destructive for the town's progress in your opinion? Stating my thoughts? Or disagreeing with you? Or the fact that I say anything during night phase?
I am of course willing to cooparate with you if you're confirmed for me as such and if we come to the same understanding but right now I wasn't even saying anything about not wanting to lynch anybody yet you got the idea of me all of a sudden. Although from all this my this and my that, you don't look like someone who's up to a plan made together if the time comes.
That said, the question remains. Why do you think that I am a toxic to the town? What makes you the cure?

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
I say we should stay our hands till day time(so we have a better idea of who is what)
Aug 30, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
VanityStar said:
So in other words, you have no proof for what I am saying is entirely wrong.
How am I supposed to prove it? This is a mafia game, not a courtroom, stop playing fool

VanityStar said:
how so are my actions considered to be reckless and destructive for the town's progress in your opinion?
The fact you are desperately defending someone that hindered the town's progress proves that you are not a friend of the town. You will probably defend other scummy people in the future. That's simply your style: A contrarian, devil's advocate, and so on. I don't believe the town needs people to defend the scum. For that reason, I consider you a good lynching option for now.

And while it is true that people can have different opinions, no matter how much you twist logic and reason, there is literally NO WAY to excuse leblanck's actions. Once again, if you disagree with that, you are just playing devil's advocate.
Aug 30, 2015 11:57 AM

May 2014
lupadim said:
The fact you are desperately defending someone that hindered the town's progress proves that you are not a friend of the town. You will probably defend other scummy people in the future. That's simply your style: A contrarian, devil's advocate, and so on. I don't believe the town needs people to defend the scum. For that reason, I consider you a good lynching option for now.

And while it is true that people can have different opinions, no matter how much you twist logic and reason, there is literally NO WAY to excuse leblanck's actions. Once again, if you disagree with that, you are just playing devil's advocate.
Don't avoid my question. What is desperate about my one sentence I said about the given person?
For your information, do notice that I also, with your words, 'desperately defend' DBZ too.
Look. I unlike you am in fact not fully sure of myself. I am open to opinions as such, if that's the only reason you have for saying that I'm anti-town then thank you, I already understood that in your first reply.
Loooool. Ya. I'm Satan and want to destroy this worldxD Apologies, this was just so funny that I just had to. My style, you say? You're stating that I would purposely hinder the town as a townie? Okay..

It's kind of futile repeating myself so I'll just leave this open. Lynching option tomorrow? I don't even think I will survive the night. And yeah. If you think I hinder you then do try getting a majority vote and get me lynched. I wonder about how it'd turn out with a person who was actually named as a possible scum.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 11:57 AM

May 2014
@lupadim: What's so wrong about a differing opinion, the mentors themselves said that everyone has their own opinion on first day lynching, I just don't see the advantage, without more data, but I agree that not voting, and first day inactivity, is counter productive. Tell me exactly what sort of extra data we would have gotten and I'll feel really stupid, until then I won't change my opinion on the matter.
Aug 30, 2015 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
I'll laugh really hard if you two are actually mafia defending each other.

I've already answered all those questions you two just asked in my previous posts anyway, you can do some back reading if you really want to know.
Aug 30, 2015 12:38 PM

May 2014
since the beginning of the night phase, you've done everything you can to throw suspicion onto me and vanity, you were also the first one to make an accusation against dbz, whose actions could be considered townie, but that doesn't mean you are mafia, but it in itself could be considered mafia, also the second person to vote for dbz is another suspected mafia, the third person is the one I suspect most, but it would be stupid for all three mafia to vote for the same person, so it is a bit confusing. Which is why I still suspect the other two.
Aug 30, 2015 5:40 PM

May 2014
@lupadim: one more question, please answer me this, you pointed your finger at cherushi-chan, for not breaking the tie, but sleepfulfish also had time to break the tie, and even posted, you also had time but didn't do anything, if a first day lynch is as important as you say why?
Aug 30, 2015 6:07 PM

Sep 2013
I'm easily missed in forums ^^; I didn't know who to vote for so I just kept it. No real plan really :0 TAKE THAT FOR INEXPERIENCE
Aug 30, 2015 6:21 PM

Aug 2012
14leblanck said:
@lupadim: one more question, please answer me this, you pointed your finger at cherushi-chan, for not breaking the tie, but sleepfulfish also had time to break the tie, and even posted, you also had time but didn't do anything, if a first day lynch is as important as you say why?
You lie through your teeth, I didn't have the time to break the tie as I was busy and away from MAL while the tie took place and the phase changed. I can't speak for the others. Sleepfulfish might have skipped on the opportunity of breaking the tie, but right now I'd rather much focus on the person that created the tie itself, that is a much bigger threat for the town. Sleepfulfish is also at my suspect list if that's what you want to know.
Aug 30, 2015 6:33 PM

May 2014
You posted only 8 minutes after the phase change, you can't blame me for being suspicious.
Aug 30, 2015 6:42 PM

May 2014
It's 9:40 almost 10:10. Last 30 minutes, the suspense is killing me. I didn't think this game could be so exciting. I'm glad I decided to try it.
Aug 30, 2015 6:46 PM

Oct 2011
Hi my babies Inklings and etc.
I am going through the thread to follow up with questions directed at me.
I apologize for being absent due to RL traveling and such.

I will be issuing warning for any inactive players for the next phase as well as answering any direct questions shortly (probably soon after the phase update).

Aug 30, 2015 6:48 PM

Oct 2011
VanityStar said:

@MaiTai
Are you planning to include a vote count for the following day phases? It would be helpful but it's okay if not.

For this game, yes, it was just kinda hard getting stuff formatted and working on my phone. I wanted to throw the thing while trying to make the phases lol. The mentors have also been doing a wonderful job of keeping a running tally.

Aug 30, 2015 6:56 PM

May 2014
14leblanck said:
the suspense is killing me.
or maybe just my inexperience.
Forgot to make a pun before.
Aug 30, 2015 7:01 PM

Oct 2011

[color=#e4499a]Day 02

As the sun rose, shining upon Inkopolis, the weary Inklings gathered at the plaza to assess the damage done by the Octarian during the night. Almost all were there and accounted for.

Except for one.

Lupadim was found weapon in hand, a large paintbrush, splattered to death. He had fought with valor, but it just wasn't enough. All of the inklings lowered their tentacles in saddened respect.

Callie: W-wow...
Marie: One of the good ones.
Callie: We need to figure out who did this...and fast!
Marie: Splat yeah. Seriously.
Callie: Let's get to work, everyone! This isn't your average turf war!

Day 02 has begun and will end 24 hours from this post. Remember...you MUST lynch today. If someone is not chosen, I will use Random Number Generator to splat someone myself. Good luck and staaay fresh!

[/color]

[spoiler]
[color=#e4499a]1. sleepfulfish
2. Leafz_soul
3. VanityStar
4. 14leblanck
5. BetaKnight
6. cherushi-chan
7. Lycelra_
8. dragon_ball_z
9. lennah
10. lupadim
11. Switch-kun
[/color]

Aug 30, 2015 7:05 PM

May 2014
@mafia: Well played mafia.
@vanity: I 100% trust you now, but one of us is dead today.
@MaiTai: If you're answering questions, I asked a few in post #107.
Saronin_JayhartAug 30, 2015 7:44 PM
Aug 30, 2015 7:50 PM

May 2014
Oh and for now I might as well Vote: Leafz_Soul I'll probably be the only one not voting for me, so I'll just go for it now.
Aug 30, 2015 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
Why do you keep saying you're gonna die...it makes me uncomfortable >_>
Aug 30, 2015 8:13 PM

May 2014
The night kill, lupadim and I were arguing before he was killed, and he was highly suspicious of me, that gives me motive.

To be honest I expected it, he was either mafia or dead, though this does give me some data, for one there's now someone who I feel I can trust, though there's still a slight chance that it's actually the perfect cover, since he was suspicious of both me and vanity, but everyone is more suspicious of me, I'll be lynched first and if my role is revealed as townie, it becomes the perfect cover. But unless someone in the mafia is adept in strategy, this plan would be unlikely. I'd say it's a seven on the Kyra scale.

G'night even though it's morning in the game.
Saronin_JayhartAug 30, 2015 8:31 PM
Aug 30, 2015 9:06 PM

Apr 2014
I only skimmed a bit sorry. I’ll go reread later.
RIP lupadim. I trusted lupadim’s instincts since he’s been hosting mafia games so I wanted to hear more of his comments. Though I admit I’m a bit wary of him since if he’s mafia, he’ll knows how to act

14leblanck said:

May I know why you trust her now? True, you may become targets for today’s lynch since you two were arguing with lupadim last night but some of us will think it could be a set-up too. Then, this “set-up” could be just your act too. Though I am suspicious of you if I will base it on how vanity acted on a previous game I played with her (she was mafia then) she’s much more active now. However, I can’t just rely with this. I’ll try to reread before casting my vote.
Aug 30, 2015 9:17 PM

May 2014
Mornings all;

Umm. Yah. Let me clear on one thing for future reference; when I bring up a contra for what's being said, it doesn't mean I defend nor that I side with the person. Just so we stay clear about this.

cherushi-chan said:
I only skimmed a bit sorry. I’ll go reread later.
RIP lupadim. I trusted lupadim’s instincts since he’s been hosting mafia games so I wanted to hear more of his comments. Though I admit I’m a bit wary of him since if he’s mafia, he’ll knows how to act

14leblanck said:

May I know why you trust her now? True, you may become targets for today’s lynch since you two were arguing with lupadim last night but some of us will think it could be a set-up too. Then, this “set-up” could be just your act too. Though I am suspicious of you if I will base it on how vanity acted on a previous game I played with her (she was mafia then) she’s much more active now. However, I can’t just rely with this. I’ll try to reread before casting my vote.
That I want to kbow too. -see above- I didn't do anything for you in any case.
I kind if had a feeling that the previous game was going to be mentioned sooner or later. I personally think I act quite differently from how it was first (due to obvious reasons, figure it out) but of course, this doesn't mean that you have to believe this.
Although if I understand your thought of set-up well. Don't you think that'd be a bit hard to pull off? Given that in my case that'd already mean three peoplr as an ally. With me being the fourt which is too many.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 10:13 PM

Apr 2014
VanityStar said:

I kind if had a feeling that the previous game was going to be mentioned sooner or later. I personally think I act quite differently from how it was first (due to obvious reasons, figure it out) but of course, this doesn't mean that you have to believe this.
Although if I understand your thought of set-up well. Don't you think that'd be a bit hard to pull off? Given that in my case that'd already mean three peoplr as an ally. With me being the fourt which is too many.

Maybe he's taking advantage of the situation? O_o
Hmm…leblanck (forgot the nickname you gave) being all, I’m gonna die today is like trying to say “Look, it’s a set-up. Because we’re going against Lupadim we’re gonna be pointed as the culprit.” Either he’s a cynic or just trying to make the fact obvious. If it’s the latter I think it he’s trying so hard.

Can you name who those 3 people are? Actually, when I said set-up I only have thought of you two, I haven’t even decided on the third person.
Aug 30, 2015 10:39 PM

May 2014
cherushi-chan said:
Maybe he's taking advantage of the situation? O_o
Hmm…leblanck (forgot the nickname you gave) being all, I’m gonna die today is like trying to say “Look, it’s a set-up. Because we’re going against Lupadim we’re gonna be pointed as the culprit.” Either he’s a cynic or just trying to make the fact obvious. If it’s the latter I think it he’s trying so hard.

Can you name who those 3 people are? Actually, when I said set-up I only have thought of you two, I haven’t even decided on the third person.
Umm. It may be obvious but your 'he' refers to blanck, right? I'm bad with refering personal pronouns or what these are called
Yeah. That has caught my attention how many times he had mentioned this but look;
sleepfulfish said:
Why do you keep saying you're gonna die...it makes me uncomfortable >_>
14leblanck said:
The night kill, lupadim and I were arguing before he was killed, and he was highly suspicious of me, that gives me motive.[/s]
Although it was post#85 when he started saying he was going to die.

No, I had a hunch you'd only mean the two of us since lupadim only put the two of us in the spotlight but with that kind of logic anyone (blanck, DBZ, leafz) from my long post could be my ally if not all.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 10:48 PM

May 2014
Sorry, this is going to be a double post but I don't want my other post to display: 'modified by VanityStar' in case people will get the feeling I have second thoughts about my words.

I'm throwing this up to all but I'd like to remark that there are a few people who were really active during the first day phase yet barely (if at all) appeared//were inactive during the night phase; (going in the order of the player list in OP)
DBZ (although just checked wasn't online since that day), lennah, Switch
So I wonder what happened with you lots..

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 11:00 PM

Apr 2014
VanityStar said:

I'm throwing this up to all but I'd like to remark that there are a few people who were really active during the first day phase yet barely (if at all) appeared//were inactive during the night phase; (going in the order of the player list in OP)

I'll start with this, I wanted to mention this too. Might wanna add Betaknight and Lycelra_ (I don't recall seeing him/her post actually). It's possible they're busy with "stuffs" outside? I could see them posting on other threads. Is that enough to call them lurkers?

edit: wrong bbcode lol
cherushi-chanAug 30, 2015 11:16 PM
Aug 30, 2015 11:12 PM

May 2014
@cherushi-chan

Starting with the chitchat part;
No worries, I also have problems with the BBCode, lol. I once had a PM of 1000+ words struck through........... My friend loved me for it.

Yah. Good point. Although BetaKnight did appear during the first day. Eventually didn't place a vote as such.
Here I only make assumptions because never really got a warning myself but he was supposedly online during the time he got the warning from MaiTai so..
About calling them lurkers.. Hmm. Perhaps that may be so but waiting probably will give us some answers.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 30, 2015 11:15 PM

Apr 2014
@Vanity
Yes, it's leblanck. I'm not sure with their gender too, they could just correct me if I'm wrong.
So..what do you think of leblanck?
If I were to choose, it'll probably be DBZ and leblanck as your ally but that doesn't mean leafz is clear of suspicion. I only chose them basing on your post where your read in leafz is more inclined to him/her being scum.

Btw, regarding on acting differently, it could be you're are acting like that because you know I'll notice it.

EDIT: Ugghhh, my quoting is a mess so I removed it.

I'm still unsure right now on who to vote.
cherushi-chanAug 30, 2015 11:22 PM
Aug 30, 2015 11:35 PM

May 2014
cherushi-chan said:
So..what do you think of leblanck?
If I were to choose, it'll probably be DBZ and leblanck as your ally but that doesn't mean leafz is clear of suspicion. I only chose them basing on your post where your read in leafz is more inclined to him/her being scum.

Btw, regarding on acting differently, it could be you're are acting like that because you know I'll notice it.

I'm still unsure right now on who to vote.
Okay, here's what happened in a nutshell//how I perceived things happening regarding him so far: he voted for no lynch right off the bat reasoning with the typical argument. Mentors explained why it's useful hence he changed the vote (perhaps the choice plays a role too but I don't have any comments on that). Then when it came to you breaking the tie, he just went back to a tie.
How I see this: I suppose it's okay for one thing that you don't want to kill off a townie with barely anything in our hands on the first day. That's fine.
As some of you already mentioned that it's not okay that he forced on a tie since it can as well mean that he protects his mafia partner.
And to which I said that this doesn't necessarily mean him being a scum since he didn't want to lynch at all. A mafia personally thinking would want to take on all opportunities to kill.
To me it seems like he really doesn't see the point of lynching as such:

There are a couple things I noted about him: constantly saying he's going to die, me being trusted and the most important part: "let's see what happens if:"
I have mentioned my thoughts on the first two notes (although, pretty fuzzy so do let me know if I should explain it better) and the third part.. This phrase.. Yeah. Okay appears twice, might just be a really small thing I'm throwing mud on, but for me to use this in a game like this. Especially at that crucial time. It looks like as if he wanted to trigger some action to get a certain information out of us.
Note that I've never said whether blanck belongs to town or mafia since I'm confused about him. I see the town and the mafia too in him so as such I will not say anything for the time being.

Of course, and that is fine to be feeling that way. I'm also aware of you in that way.

Yeah, I see your point but I did accept leafz reasons after he replied to me and this;
Umm. Yah. Let me clear on one thing for future reference; when I bring up a contra for what's being said, it doesn't mean I defend nor that I side with the person. Just so we stay clear about this.
I mean it for real. When I have a clear suspicion of someone then I will display that through my vote.

Same. I'm going to wait for the others to come. Especially the ones that were inactive yesterday.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 31, 2015 4:15 AM

Sep 2013
Doesn't look like they are coming >.>
Aug 31, 2015 4:23 AM

Feb 2015
VanityStar said:

Sorry, I was sick yesterday and moreover I had an exam today.. But I still posted in FG to entertain myself but my headache was killing me...
In the mean time my vote goes to
Vote: 14leblanck
Do I need to give reason? I am procrastinating because I've joined 2 more mafia games and gotta play them too... So, please bear with me.
You will be what you will to be.
Aug 31, 2015 5:17 AM

May 2014
Morning everyone, have some catch up to do.

@vanity, cherushi-chan: The reason I trust you/her is because strategically throwing suspicion on yourself would be stupid.

Though now I'm suspicious of lyrica_ since I would be lynched weather he's alive or dead, even though it's a good move for them, when I think on it harder, if they had killed lyrica_ since he hasn't posted yet, there would have been no data gathered, the advantage the killing him is making more people of vanity, the disadvantage is he was suspected himself but since it's the beginners version, the mafia's strategy probably wasn't that complex, you don't need to play mafia to get the strategy, but this display shows a mediocre level of forethought, three on the Kyra scale.
Aug 31, 2015 5:31 AM
Jan 2015
VanityStar said:

My apologies. I started a new medication recently and it keeps making me really sick. So I was AFK since Saturday afternoon. However, there is no requirement for having to post during night phase. I feel like posting a lot during night phase makes townies vulnerable. Look at what happened to lupadim. He got into a debate with a few different people and was then targeted by the mafia. Either they wanted to get rid of him because they were scared he'd find mafia fast, or they wanted to get rid of him because he was pointing fingers unknowingly at fellow townies and it was the perfect opportunity to frame them. If it was the second option, it works well for mafia because then townies turn against each other and lynch the wrong people during day phases.

Just from looking at what happened during the first day phase, there were several people around just before it ended that could have broken the tie if they wanted to. The mentors acted as if day one lynching is important for townies in order to gather information. But seeing as how this is a beginner's game and we are all learning, it's hard to say whether those were mafia wanting the tie to happen or if they were just townies that were afraid of making the wrong choice and possibly lynching a fellow townie.

There are several people that I'm hoping we will hear from today, such as BetaKnight, lennah, Lycelra_, etc. Has the last person even posted at all? I still stand by what I said on day one about those that are online but don't post much. Lurkers is what you call them, and I'm always wary of people that play that way.

It's morning for me and I'm heading to work soon, but I should be able to get online from time to time to post.
Aug 31, 2015 6:08 AM

May 2014
Where are you Leafz you're normally on around this time, I'm feeling a bit lonely. I've only got about an hour before I go somewhere with family for several hours.
Aug 31, 2015 6:11 AM

Nov 2013
About me being inactive, I'm not used to voicing my thoughts and that's not easy to change. Also, this is my first time playing mafia game, so I wanted to see how others play it.

I wasn't surprised about lupadim's death. Because it seemed that he knew what he was doing and his arguments were reasonable (at least to me). As 14leblanck said, well played, mafia. If he wasn't the one kill, I would have thought that he is definitely one of the mafia.

I'm not good at suspecting and blaming others, not to mention that there are some players I can't make any comments on because they weren't active enough (just like me, so I fully understand what you're saying, VanityStar). But here's some of my thoughts

@cherushi-chan, I suspect you to be scum for not breaking the tie (the same goes for @sleepfulfish). But you explained yourself that you didn‘t mind if there will be a tie or a lynch at that time, and it‘s possible it‘s the real reason for your actions. However, there’s another thing that looked suspicious to me. How could you forget your own vote on Switch-kun? If you thought he’s a mafia you wouldn’t have forgotten that because it’s your goal as a townie to find bad guys. The only explanation I can think of is that you are a bad guy and you don’t really care who’s getting lynched as long as it’s not one of your team.

@14leblanck, I believe you’re not surprised that I’m suspecting you (for making a tie, arguing with lupadim before he was killed, constantly talking about your death…). However, I’m not telling I’m SURE that you’re a bad guy. There is a chance that this is a part of mafia’s plan to make us place our votes on you.

@VanityStar, I’m not convinced by any of your reasoning which makes me suspect you a lot (sorry, I don’t have any reasonable points, but I don’t feel I can trust you). Moreover, you also were suspected by lupadim before he was killed. Also, you were trying really hard do defend leblanck which makes me thing that you’re both mafia.

Switch-kun might be a part of mafia too. He pointed out that cherushi-chan didn’t break the tie, but he didn’t say anything about sleepfulfish, so maybe they are a team. I believe DBZ can also be mafia. Actually, I’m wary of everyone, so I’m not voting yet.
Aug 31, 2015 6:33 AM

Apr 2014
It seems like people are showing one by one.
I won't be here the same time anymore starting tomorrow because of school (today's a holiday so YOLO) so I'll try to summarize and analyze. I repeat I'm inexperienced too so probably majority of my observations are wrong.

My thoughts in general, those lurking during night phase could possibly be mafia busy on their own thread or townies who just don't care since it's not required posting. People who are suspected are those that Vanity and I mentioned.

What I think I individually:
1. sleepfulfish

2. Leafz_soul

3. VanityStar

4. 14leblanck

5. BetaKnight

6. cherushi-chan

7. Lycelra_
I've never seen him/her posting. No need for spoiler buttons.

8. dragon_ball_z

9. lennah

10. lupadim
dead :'<

11. Switch-kun

To you, yes you. I know you're just gonna read what I said about you but you can check what I think about others too ;) BTW, My internet is still isn't completely fixed so idk if I could post again immediately.
Aug 31, 2015 6:35 AM

May 2014
GTG. Type'ya's'lata.
Aug 31, 2015 6:43 AM

Apr 2014
14leblanck said:
Where are you Leafz you're normally on around this time, I'm feeling a bit lonely. I've only got about an hour before I go somewhere with family for several hours.
Why are you looking for leafz? There are other people who were here before me.
Aug 31, 2015 6:56 AM

May 2014
Switch-kun said:
Do I need to give reason? I am procrastinating because I've joined 2 more mafia games and gotta play them too... So, please bear with me.
If you would tell us the reason that'd be great.

dragon_ball_z said:
However, there is no requirement for having to post during night phase. I feel like posting a lot during night phase makes townies vulnerable. Look at what happened to lupadim. He got into a debate with a few different people and was then targeted by the mafia. Either they wanted to get rid of him because they were scared he'd find mafia fast, or they wanted to get rid of him because he was pointing fingers unknowingly at fellow townies and it was the perfect opportunity to frame them. If it was the second option, it works well for mafia because then townies turn against each other and lynch the wrong people during day phases.

There are several people that I'm hoping we will hear from today, such as BetaKnight, lennah, Lycelra_, etc. Has the last person even posted at all? I still stand by what I said on day one about those that are online but don't post much. Lurkers is what you call them, and I'm always wary of people that play that way.
Yeah, that's fine you weren't even online so actually I wasn't honestly expecting you to explain yourself.

Yeah, Lycelra has yet to post. They are pretty active on MAL in general, as far as I'm concerned so it shouldn't be a problem for them to help us.
Just like in other cases, I have two possible theories; going to start with what seems obvious and more convenient for most;
They are mafia and lurk here. Only active during night.
Okay. That said there's a possibility. Maybe a bit extreme but they neglected this game completely because they got a mass role (townie) and thought they didn't want it?
So yeah. That's what I think of them. I remain undecisive about the issue. Please, however, do tell me your opinion of my two theories since I'm just throwing up some possible ideas. Not trying to prevent anything on their part.

lennah said:
@VanityStar, I’m not convinced by any of your reasoning which makes me suspect you a lot (sorry, I don’t have any reasonable points, but I don’t feel I can trust you). Moreover, you also were suspected by lupadim before he was killed. Also, you were trying really hard do defend leblanck which makes me thing that you’re both mafia.
How so aren't you? Would you please try to find one part of my reasoning which you find out of logic?
I do agree though for one thing that you obviously have no reason to trust me. That I understand.
Hmmm.. Same argument as lupadim. Since you said that you understood his reasonings; Would you tell me what makes my thoughts of Day 1 and for most part the end "hard on defence"?
What I never understood from lupadim is why blanck's case was any more special than my opinion of either DBZ or leafz for him and now also you it seems to mention.

BU / / / / / dev
Aug 31, 2015 7:20 AM

Feb 2015
lennah said:
Switch-kun might be a part of mafia too. He pointed out that cherushi-chan didn’t break the tie, but he didn’t say anything about sleepfulfish, so maybe they are a team. I believe DBZ can also be mafia. Actually, I’m wary of everyone, so I’m not voting yet.

Hey, hey, I mean cherushii waited for me to break the tie and coincidentally I didn't saw the thread afterwards. Even then she didn't take the initiative and tried to break the tie herself. I don't even know if sleep was there or not :P

cherushi-chan said:
11. Switch-kun

Sorry, if I'm inactive but I am tryin my best.. lol I idiotically joined 3 mafia games and I am having trouble managing all. So, I was thinking it would be better if mafia killed me and was acting so 'talkative'. You can see my other games, I usually post in the end of the phase but I am just having fun here :P

VanityStar said:
Switch-kun said:
If you would tell us the reason that'd be great.

Give me a moment.
Aug 31, 2015 7:28 AM

Sep 2013
cherushi-chan said:

She said I ninja'd her in posting when she was asked why she voted the same as me. Did I really?
The interval is 5 minutes more than enough to type her post unless she has a wooden router like me lol I wonder if sleepfulfish and switch-kun are friends. If they are, voting during day 1 for each other (only sleepy voted for switch though) would probably be normal.I would do that to a friend. Said she's inexperienced but I hope she's not using that as an excuse.[/spoiler]

I tend to leave my MAL tab open while I'm online and wander off. When I went back to reply to the thread and submitted my reply, the note that there is a post before me popped up and it was you. It wasn't an immediate ninja, just that I took forever to reply. It's also my first time meeting Switch-kun and playing mafia~

I'm admittedly pretty lost on who is accusing who and for what reasons. It felt like it all started with random accusations in the beginning and everything just spiraled from there. I'm that bad at keeping track of information OTL

I find Leblank's apathy to being lynched strange but I might be overthinking it. I find leafz's silence suspicious initially but he might be busy with rl. Vanity is the 'least suspicious which makes her the most suspicious' lolz. The other inactives... I got nothing. Perhaps vanity is right about them getting roles they didn't want (whichever it is).
Aug 31, 2015 7:31 AM

Oct 2011
14leblanck said:
Even after the mentors explanations, I still don't see the advantage of a day one lynch, but I do see the point of voting. If all the townies vote no lynch then the, mafia can choose who to send home and you have no data on day two, I just don't see what extra data you get from a lynch, than a tie. Oh and since I'm probably dead tonight or tomorrow, could someone please clarify for me, how talking after you're dead works, and what the point of it is, and there's one more thing I don't get, how would special roles actually work?

You are not to talk in the thread after you die. You're more than welcome to follow the game, but it's best to simply wait until the end of the game to post your thoughts.

No special roles this game as it's just to get people familiar with reading each other, seeing how phases/voting goes, etc. I feel that if I gave out roles, people would focus on that rather than the logistics of the game. No one gets off with a lucky RB or something. For future beginner games, we will consider doing some roles, but yeah...as a host, I am known for granting EVERYONE roles, which would have been too chaotic for a starter game. lol

Hope all of this helps.

Aug 31, 2015 7:38 AM

Feb 2015
14leblanck said:
Morning, though I guess it's evening for most of you.
Based on the statistics.
Vote: no lynch
But I suspect lupadim, and BetaKnight, at the moment.

He first suspects 2 random people.

14leblanck said:
Actually, after reading you're posts, and when I took another look back at the earlier posts I suspect sleepfulfish, and cherushi-chan more, because they voted for the same person right off the bat, and haven't changed it since.

I don't suspect Leafz_Soul, which makes me want to suspect Leafz_Soul even more.

So I think I'll see what happens if:
Unvote: no lynch
Vote:Leafz_Soul

Now he suspects Leaf,

14leblanck said:
@Leafz_Soul: Mostly because you seemed less suspicious, and everyone knows that the least suspicious is actually the most suspicious.

14leblanck said:
I guess it does look suspicious, but what made me suspicious was that there was a tie until the last minute, then the vote changed, I'm hoping I saved a townie. I suspect cherushi-chan or sleepfulfish, Switch-kun, and lupadim or Leafz_Soul.

Now he suspects more people...
I think he is just posting random names and deeming them suspicious just only so that he can get along with the town.

14leblanck said:
@mafia: Well played mafia.

He is congratulating mafia now..

14leblanck said:
now I think I'll see what happens if:
Unvote: Leafz_Soul
Vote:Switch-kun

Well, mostly my vote goes to him because of his this action where he possibly saved his mafia friend. We at least had a chance of lynching a mafia. Also, I think our late friend lupadim would have wished this too.. ;_;
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.