Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 28, 2015 1:42 PM
Apr 2014
Nao serving a nasty smelling dish and it getting such a high score is surprising, is the taste that good that it makes you forgot about it's smell?
They skipped that scene where they hype up Hishoko's herbs as her secret weapon.
It really is a shame that we're not getting the finals till an eventual S2, the foodgasm that made me read the manga is in it
Aug 28, 2015 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Nao looks so cute after she ate Hisako's medical dish.

Now she is into Hisako too.
Aug 28, 2015 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
OH MY GOD WHERE'S THE NEXT EPISODE!!!
Aug 28, 2015 1:46 PM

Jul 2015
Hisako is best girl!

The Megumi flashback was really emotive, I cried a bit, she is actually a really strong woman, nice Megumi!

Also, the Ending Song edit was a great detail.
Aug 28, 2015 1:47 PM

Aug 2008
Forced expositions, dramatic tale about a girl cutting fish and a competition between two sick girls obsessed with another annoying bitch. Can we go back to Souma already?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 28, 2015 1:56 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Cleaned.

This is an anime only discussion thread. Please do not discuss the manga beyond this episode.
Aug 28, 2015 1:56 PM

Mar 2015
I need some of that medicine dish!
Aug 28, 2015 2:04 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I said do NOT discuss the manga beyond this episode in this thread.

This includes posting manga panels.
Aug 28, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2015
Luna_ said:
I said do NOT discuss the manga beyond this episode in this thread.

This includes posting manga panels.

Too late i think, i got spoiled :T thanks in any case.
Aug 28, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
I'm really hyped to see Megumi's dish but looks like it will take a while for that to happen.

RIP witch, she got rekt.
Aug 28, 2015 2:10 PM

Dec 2011
Really a nice episode this week and by the pace. I think they will show 4 or 5 food reaction in one episode.I don't remember that part when Megumi was a kid in the manga.Did it happens or is it added scene?
Aug 28, 2015 2:14 PM
Jul 2015
latest official art fanservice here
5 soma girl nikumi, megumi, hisako, erina and alice

so jc.staff change scene time like karagee arc again
Aug 28, 2015 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
yay Megumi gettin some spotlight

lol @ Sadatsuko being purified she be shining too bright, but that ending change felt so creepy and outta place, swimming in yellow-white broth >.<

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Aug 28, 2015 2:35 PM
Apr 2015
Aug 28, 2015 2:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
lol just brilliant, that was like the battle between light and darkness except in the form of cooking

I lost it when she went full Hisako Onee-sama mode at the end :3
Aug 28, 2015 2:42 PM

Nov 2014
That was so intense I love it
Megumi showed them!

White nao is a cutie
Hi there
Aug 28, 2015 2:46 PM

Apr 2013
Dank. Love the pace. Sadatsuka is amazing here. However, Tadokoro is just... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I may or may not have been pumping my fist as OST Track #25 (To Say the Name of Secret Ingredient for Victory) was playing in the background while Megumi was cutting her monkfish.

dankzelAug 28, 2015 3:38 PM
Aug 28, 2015 2:51 PM

Apr 2013
amazing

can we get a season 2 announcement soon pls
Aug 28, 2015 2:57 PM

Nov 2011
kyle8998 said:
That was so intense I love it
Megumi showed them!

White nao is a cutie

She's resembles an adult version of nico from love live
Aug 28, 2015 3:04 PM
Apr 2015
luna_ keeps deleting my posts even when i put the spoiler tag on it but she is still letting me post it if i inform the people here. im sorry but i really want to post the results for the autumn elections since it feels like the anime will end in a cliffhanger so dont click the spoiler button if you want to find out through the anime.

Aug 28, 2015 3:09 PM

Jun 2014
hyper_lame said:
luna_ keeps deleting my posts even when i put the spoiler tag on it but she is still letting me post it if i inform the people here. im sorry but i really want to post the results for the autumn elections since it feels like the anime will end in a cliffhanger so dont click the spoiler button if you want to find out through the anime.

Even if this season ends with a cliffhanger, the chances seem pretty high for a season 2 due to the popularity. So we'll end up finding out eventually anyway.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 28, 2015 3:15 PM

Apr 2015
..All I want now is just Soma to square with Alice... For me here until there is so boring.

kyle8998 said:

White nao is a cutie

Reminded me of the girl from Koihime ( the hentai).
#CHEXIT
Aug 28, 2015 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
kaitonic said:
Really a nice episode this week and by the pace. I think they will show 4 or 5 food reaction in one episode.I don't remember that part when Megumi was a kid in the manga.Did it happens or is it added scene?

Yeah that happens in the manga.
Aug 28, 2015 3:28 PM

May 2013
"Hisako-oneesama"

Lol im done, this series is a blast every week.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 28, 2015 3:30 PM

Jan 2015
Hisako oneesama!!!!!
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Aug 28, 2015 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Dammit the foodgasms are getting even more awesome. That skinny guy who would only mumble turned into a big macho man after eating Hisako's curry lol.

This episode was Hisako vs Nao. Nao is a witch who makes foul smelling crap which tastes good. That is so damn misleading. At least try and make them smell good. Why the hell do you have to be so suspicious with the food you make? She manages to get 80something points out of the judges who were literally destroying everyone who came before. She knows her ingredients and hence knows who combinations will give the best taste. But apparently she doesn't care about the smell as her food stinks. Her cooking method is so scary that it'll make children run away crying lol. But Hisako puts her in her place and shows her why she is Erina's lap dog.

Hisako's curry erases the effects of Nao's black magic and beats the witch. She uses medicinal herbs in her dish. Lol Nao turned into a human after eating Hisako's curry. Now Hisako is Nao's onee-sama. Too bad for her though. Liked how they changed Nao's mixture in the ending sequence to make it resemble something edible.

Nao's purpose here is for comedy and to show off Hisako's skills. She probably won't be showing up later on. This worked as an excuse to show us why Hisako is always by Erina's side. What skills led to Erina acknowledging Hisako as someone capable enough yo be by her side.

It's amazing how much these judges can eat. They will be eating the dishes prepared by 30 students. That's a lot.

Turns out Soma wasn't actually sleeping. He was waiting for things to get ready on the stove. They'll be leaving this for the last episode.

Now to see the Aldini Bros up against each other.
Aug 28, 2015 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
Honestly I'm dissapointed. This arc is one of my favorite and I can see that it is the most rushed one of the bunch.
There were way too many still frame this episode... and honestly this episode lacked impact compared to the manga. Also they are skipping a lot of small dialogue and interaction which makes it less fun to watch, the other small dialogue that are kept goes way too fast and goes past us before we even know what is happening. This episode didn't flow that well either, the transition in flashback was a little awkward and the transition between the contestant was way too fast and didn't let us time to rest, it just went too fast and didn't flow well.
Didn't help either when you had a full frame of explanation when you need to pause....
Overall I'm disappointed in the beginning of this arc.
2/5
Aug 28, 2015 3:38 PM

May 2010
I lost it when I saw this in the EP.

Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 28, 2015 3:40 PM

Aug 2010
Hisako Onee Sama.. lol!
Aug 28, 2015 3:44 PM

Apr 2014
Season 2 please thanks
A stupid thread deserves a stupid answer!
Aug 28, 2015 3:50 PM

Oct 2012
Young Tadokoro for the win! The skill she had when butchering the fish!

Hisako surely deserved her victory in duel, as expected from Erina's apprentice. I liked their battle although I'm kinda worried whether Nao turns out to be throw-away character now, never to be seen again.

It seems Saa-chan is gonna be in top 4... but there are many other candidates to come. Alice, Nikumi, Tadokoro, Akira, Takumi, Shun and Souma no less. Don't remember who is in which group but 8 places should be enough. Dunno about Ryouko, Ryou or Yuuki though, those three are unlikely to continue.

And with one duel a week it's seems we will have to wait for Souma's food quite some time. But at least they are presenting and establishing those new characters well.

Dat changed ED and ending card :D
Aug 28, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Yamada2 said:
Dammit the foodgasms are getting even more awesome. That skinny guy who would only mumble turned into a big macho man after eating Hisako's curry lol.

This episode was Hisako vs Nao. Nao is a witch who makes foul smelling crap which tastes good. That is so damn misleading. At least try and make them smell good. Why the hell do you have to be so suspicious with the food you make? She manages to get 80something points out of the judges who were literally destroying everyone who came before. She knows her ingredients and hence knows who combinations will give the best taste. But apparently she doesn't care about the smell as her food stinks. Her cooking method is so scary that it'll make children run away crying lol. But Hisako puts her in her place and shows her why she is Erina's lap dog.

Hisako's curry erases the effects of Nao's black magic and beats the witch. She uses medicinal herbs in her dish. Lol Nao turned into a human after eating Hisako's curry. Now Hisako is Nao's onee-sama. Too bad for her though. Liked how they changed Nao's mixture in the ending sequence to make it resemble something edible.

Nao's purpose here is for comedy and to show off Hisako's skills. She probably won't be showing up later on. This worked as an excuse to show us why Hisako is always by Erina's side. What skills led to Erina acknowledging Hisako as someone capable enough yo be by her side.

It's amazing how much these judges can eat. They will be eating the dishes prepared by 30 students. That's a lot.

Turns out Soma wasn't actually sleeping. He was waiting for things to get ready on the stove. They'll be leaving this for the last episode.

Now to see the Aldini Bros up against each other.

It wasn't explained clearly, but her goal was to make the foul stench addicting. After eating her meal the other meal won't have that "foul" stench that the judge loved(since they loved the food).
And Nao does appear way later, like some other character that are shown. It just won't appear this season.
Oh and the judge doesn't actualy finish the dish, they only taste it. They did finish Nao dish though since they really liked it.
Aug 28, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2013
Lol Nao (white) was hilarious. Megumi showing of her skills was boss. Next is the Aldini twins. I actually would really like for the Aldini twins to do well because they've lost their presence after the other characters like Akira were introduced
Aug 28, 2015 4:03 PM

Apr 2015
One bite can turn you into this guy,DAMN!

I told you her cooking has a twist

But seriously, cutting it that way

Aug 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2013
SchwingBoner said:

''The essence of gourmet cooking can only be found in the pursuit of horror!''

LOL I like Nao's style. Hisako's medicinal dish though made her really cute.

Holy Kami-sama, did she just knock the evilness out of her?!?!?!?
Aug 28, 2015 4:44 PM

Jun 2013
souma falling asleep during his cooking and Tadakoro was a beast with that fish she butcherd that weird looking fish and we all knows just because it smells bad doesn't mean it bad and vice versa
Aug 28, 2015 4:46 PM

Jan 2015
Damn 4 chapters in 1 ep, I like it, but can't wait for the rest ...
Aug 28, 2015 5:07 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty nice specialties there, and I'm liking Hisako more than I expected to. Looking forward to the Aldini feud next episode.
Aug 28, 2015 5:18 PM

May 2015
God, witch girl turning white was glorious. I need more of that.... Nice episode.

Aug 28, 2015 5:27 PM

Nov 2012
Half duration of an episode only two dishes was highlighted, not counting the first "disappointing" dish presented, it looks like it will took another 2 episode or even 3 just to finish tasting of the dishes from all major players of the Autumn Election..

Also Nao's "White transformation" is kinda adorable to watch. Too bad it wasn't permanent.
Aug 28, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2011
Holy cow one bite from Hisako's cooking and he used Kaio-ken.

Also I really want to eat Nao curry. . .I wonder if I can find the recipe and learn to cook it myself.
Aug 28, 2015 5:51 PM

Oct 2014
whenever there's Nao Sadatsuka, I feel their emotions, which is why I love this anime, it seems that the emotions felt by the characters in the anime, they come to me too.

Episode slow, but nice to see: 5/5
Aug 28, 2015 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
NAO IS A CERTIFIED LOON

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 28, 2015 6:40 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode as always! I absolutely loved the part with Megumi. Everyone looks down upon her but when she showed her monkfish cutting skills, everyone was amazed. The little backstory about it was very touching as well and the track that played was perfect. I was cheering for her like a fanboy. xD Gotta love Megumi~ The judges are really harsh on the other candidates. Nao initially made a weird impression with how murky and dark her laksa looked but it paid off in its taste. However, Asako's dish won the judges over and even 'purified' Nao making her look cuter. :D Aldini brothers hype next week~
5/5
Aug 28, 2015 7:00 PM

Aug 2014
White Nao is really cute :3

Loved how Megumi was capable of cutting that weird fish and i can't wait to see next episode.
MALoween Mansion 2017

Main Candies:

Kabo-chan's Candies:

Aug 28, 2015 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm... so they're gonna finish Hall B before moving on to Hall A? Don't know about that, but well... Hall B is definitely finishing next week, judging by the preview. Also necessary since Hall A also needs time for Hayama and Soma.

On this episode itself, it was good. A perfect example as to why Shokugeki is one of the better airing shows right now.
Aug 28, 2015 8:11 PM

Aug 2015
Hmmmm, I'm kinda disappointed with the adaption of this arc. Two chapters in a row with bad pacing and a lot of rushed things.
I'm just hoping they aren't going to ignore my second best girl, who only appears as an extra commenter in this arc.

3/5
lindsayzzz said:
Great episode as always! I absolutely loved the part with Megumi. Everyone looks down upon her but when she showed her monkfish cutting skills, everyone was amazed.
You have no idea of how EPIC that part was in the manga. Even I, who don't really care about Megumi, was excited and had goosebumps.
AkapilkaAug 29, 2015 7:36 AM
Anime was a mistake. Heil Manga.
Aug 28, 2015 8:14 PM

May 2012
That spoiler at the end :D

Aug 28, 2015 8:15 PM

Apr 2014
Well, that was some cook off.
It's fun to see Erina's harem fighting against one another haha.
Look bad, but taste good...hm there are some food like that too huh.
Aug 28, 2015 8:30 PM

Feb 2013
Hex Maniac made a strong impression, but it wasn't strong enough.
Confucius said:
I lost it when I saw this in the EP.

Wow did I really miss that? Lmao
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

330 by Phaeton777 »»
Apr 17, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2015

636 by o_ob6o_o »»
Apr 11, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

221 by Emejotis »»
Apr 4, 8:59 AM

Poll: » Favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Dec 31, 2023

13 by Arrow02 »»
Jan 2, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

227 by Foreall908 »»
Dec 24, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.