Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 14, 2009 5:26 AM

Apr 2009
wow white got pwned
Dec 14, 2009 5:42 AM

Sep 2007
I just rewatched the ending and caught this:

So Kaede's plan, whatever it was, involved using Natsuru's male half to bring Shizuku onto her side. Basically using sex to make Shizuku forget all about Tamiko, and probably using it to keep Natsuru under control as well. Then of course neither Akane or Mikoto have the experience as Kampfers to bring either of them back to their senses, and I'm not sure Natsuru cares about either of them enough for that to bring him out of it, especially if he's got both Kaede and Shizuku.
From that point on, who knows? Personally I think it would have been more interesting if it had played out like this.

Oh, and the white kampfers are masochists. For one, they blush when Kaede says she's going to punish them later. Two:

EDIT: Hope those images aren't too big.
Dec 14, 2009 8:02 AM

Mar 2009
That was really funny I loved it.

Dec 14, 2009 6:59 PM

Dec 2007
Crepuscularia said:
And, oh, None considered the possibility that Sakura might have been controlled by someone aswell? By the Modetaros, perhaps?

Why, hello there
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=142124&show=60#msg6673012
Dec 14, 2009 9:14 PM

Jul 2007

6/10 for going above and beyond the call of a guilty pleasure.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 15, 2009 12:23 AM

Dec 2008
Freude schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium wir betreten feuertrunken himmlische dein Heiligtum.... XD
Im from germany so was laughing and rolling on the floor when the pluschies were singing
I'd like to know why this anime has sio many german references.

the scene werevNatsure came back to senses was my favorite.

This anime had not much development in it and now that its nearly over it feels like it is a bit short.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2009 12:54 AM

Dec 2008
An okay episode ending an okay series (well at least the main story, the last ep is basically a filler and the series is basically asking for a sequel by the way I see it). Kinda expected Sakura to be related to the moderators though, but mentioning the purpose of the kampfers threw me off (wait . . . . so all this is somehow related to another galaxy? lol). The final battle was mostly fanservice though, and lol at Natsuru's state at the end aha.
Dec 15, 2009 2:53 AM

Mar 2009
Senou Natsuru is great
i chose 3 rather than 1
then when they all over him
just , hm the moon is pretty ,omg lol
i am going to be the i the one with the biggest manga pocket collgection

url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/enerjak&sclick=1][/url]
Dec 15, 2009 7:27 AM

Oct 2009
aero said:
Kampfer 2 anyone? Lol what's up with that fight.
Count me in after rewatching DVDs. Kampfer 2 with more fight and more revealing ecchi. Yes?
Saitoh said:
After I watched this, I was like.. 'eh? Is this the ending?' The kiddy song playing in the background when they are fighting just don't help.
Actually it was a anthem of Europe and figured it out that it was part of the whole German language thing to do with that......
francismeunierDec 15, 2009 7:31 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Dec 15, 2009 2:42 PM

Apr 2009
gogo Kampfer season 4 ore more OVA's
Dec 15, 2009 5:56 PM

Mar 2007
The concept of fighting a battle for an interstellar alien race seems a bit random when contrasting it to the amount of fanservice in the series lol

Even though Kampfer is a no-brainer anime, it's still a great watch (in my opinion), it needs a second season to continue the story or else it would just be plain appointing (Tenjou Tenge or Kaze no Stigma anyone?).

All in all, gotta love Shizuku, Tsudere ftw! haha
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Dec 15, 2009 7:54 PM

Mar 2009
The last fight was pretty funny actually.

I am glad that they at least brought some sort of conclusion to the series. Of course, I kind of wanted to see Natsuru hook up with one of the girls (I was rooting for the President!). Overall, I thought this series was fun, I'm glad I picked it up.
"There are four lights!! THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!!" - Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Dec 15, 2009 8:56 PM

Dec 2009
Crepuscularia said:
OpenSkate said:
I went all WTF at the end where Kaede tried to get natsuru to her side. She was about to get him to kill the three, and he still would kiss her? I would have blasted her with whatever weapon I had if I was in that position.

It's called seduction, manipulation and mind control. Not his fault, really.

And, oh, None considered the possibility that Sakura might have been controlled by someone aswell? By the Modetaros, perhaps?

mind control wasn't shown. Seduction... Why would it work after finding she's an evil bitch who wanted to kill her friends? Manipulation wouldn't work... The entrail animals were right in saying he's really dense. I wanna jump into the screen during parts where someone is trying to get through him and explain everything slowly...

That would be hilarious though. She..... Like.... You.... And She.... Evil.... Bitch.... I doubt that would even get through to him. He's a rock.
Dec 15, 2009 9:43 PM

Sep 2008
this was impresive......in a lot of ways, but for me the only part that really caugth my attention and maked me laugh was the last one with that lil competition over natsuru ma i really envy that guy (so much as the sora no otoshimono one)

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 15, 2009 9:53 PM
Aug 2009
Oh my God, that episode, no the entire series, is so bad it's good!!! It's absolutely hilarious!! If Nomad had taken the plot seriously, who knows what might have happened, but the fact that the whole thing is such a joke makes the anime priceless! Low plot, lots of fan service and great comedy, the series was quite a ride.

Lol at the harem ending, it had to be so!!

edit: By the way, does anyone know the extent of JC Staff's involvment with Kampfer? Even though it's Nomad, I see JC Staff metioned several times during the credits, and this seems like a show JC Staff would be involved with.
Lucid_YumeDec 15, 2009 10:07 PM
Dec 15, 2009 11:17 PM

Mar 2008
This ep looks like they did it on purpose
its like they were having a fight with the company about the budget
then they got pissed and threw this anime into trash
lol, thats how it looks to me
Dec 16, 2009 1:16 AM

Jan 2009
Fabienne said:

I'd like to know why this anime has sio many german references.

Erm, I think there is no reason at all. The japanese use foreign references in alot of animes, Fate/Stay Night also had german words if I'm not mistaken. They use alot of nordic references aswell. Sometimes they mix so many random things up it doesn't even make sense :P

BlickWinkel said:
Crepuscularia said:

Why, hello there
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=142124&show=60#msg6673012

Oh, I missed that. Sorry. Well, I agree with this theory haha
OpenSkate said:

mind control wasn't shown. Seduction... Why would it work after finding she's an evil bitch who wanted to kill her friends? Manipulation wouldn't work...

It works simply because anime characters in love get completly retarded, so they always have to make "hard" choices and stuff
CrepusculariaDec 16, 2009 1:20 AM
Dec 16, 2009 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
Hey... I think this episode was... kinda... terrible D:
But i liked it ^^'

I think it's a comedy/ecchi anime Oo I wasn't waiting too much than a fanny episode xD

Yeah, i liked Kampfer too much ^^ Want more episodes TT___TT 12-24 *3*
Dec 16, 2009 2:16 AM

Sep 2007
OpenSkate said:
mind control wasn't shown. Seduction... Why would it work after finding she's an evil bitch who wanted to kill her friends?

Mind control was shown. It worked even after he found out about that because it was mind control. Every time she started talking to him and his eyes kinda glazed over/lost their shine? That was mind control, and it got stronger after the first time she used it.

OnigumoChrno said:
Hey... I think this episode was... kinda... terrible D:
But i liked it ^^'

I think it's a comedy/ecchi anime Oo I wasn't waiting too much than a fanny episode xD

Yeah, i liked Kampfer too much ^^ Want more episodes TT___TT 12-24 *3*

I think I liked it too much too. I don't know why but I'm really addicted to it. :o
Dec 16, 2009 3:41 AM

Apr 2008
This ending was about as bad as the ending to Borderlands. D;
Dec 16, 2009 8:23 AM

Sep 2009
eLiT3_ said:
The concept of fighting a battle for an interstellar alien race seems a bit random when contrasting it to the amount of fanservice in the series lol

Even though Kampfer is a no-brainer anime, it's still a great watch (in my opinion), it needs a second season to continue the story or else it would just be plain appointing (Tenjou Tenge or Kaze no Stigma anyone?).

All in all, gotta love Shizuku, Tsudere ftw! haha

i do agree it needs the second season to build the story since i see it as rushed ending this does have alot of elements similar to tejou tenge but at least tenjou tenge had a descent storyline this is semi random and kaze no stigma has material for second season but i doubt it will happen
Dec 16, 2009 2:01 PM

Dec 2009
Crepuscularia said:

It works simply because anime characters in love get completly retarded, so they always have to make "hard" choices and stuff

Ah, I keep forgetting that Natsuru is a complete retard. Retardedness kind of defies all rules of logic. Example: me XD
Dec 16, 2009 6:12 PM

May 2009
MEGATRON said:
hahahahahahahah that was so much more ridiculous than I could have imagined. I just could not stop laughing from when the power up started to the end of the fight it was so wonderfully dumb. This whole show was comically bad, I was thoroughly entertained... one special to go.

Pretty much this rofl. From the start with the explanation of the blue vs red war (where I facepalmed cause of the stupidity and randomness of it), to this amazing (or awful) scene fight that couldn't had been worse, I was just dying from laughter XD. And finally the end which completely sucks, but very fitting for a terrible show. However, it's so terrible than it became funny, and I'm wondering if all of this isn't on purpose to parody this kind of shows (harem/magical girls/etc)

this get a 4/10 for Shizuku, hot and stylish, and for the lol coming from the stupidity of it.
Dec 17, 2009 3:48 AM

Jul 2009
Tabrisrp said:
I'm wondering if all of this isn't on purpose to parody this kind of shows (harem/magical girls/etc)

I thought that was obvious since the third episode and the whole Maria-sama ga Miteru thingy. :3
Dec 17, 2009 7:16 PM

Oct 2009
What a lousy ending! I was hoping for something better but it was just a huge crap of fan service.

Dec 17, 2009 7:47 PM

Apr 2009
wew,,Looking forward to last episode..^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2009 5:37 PM

Aug 2009
What the fukkkkkkkkkk did I just watch?!?!

Lmfaooo, I wasn't really expecting anything in this Anime but this one had me laughing since it was totally so random, I mean everyone just powered-up and beat the bad guys, rofl. Plus, they let the bad guys leave just because they're more interested with kisses, lmfaolmfao.

In the end, Natsuru didn't even choose his girlfriend. I guess they made it this way so that they can make another season.

AND WTF LOL, ALIENS FROM OTHER GALAXIES, AND MODERATORS ARE THE MEDIATORS? LOOOL, YOU KIDDIN' ME?! Oman, this Anime is so funny, in many ways.
Dec 20, 2009 12:00 AM

Nov 2007
well.... there was somewhat of a plot.... really cheezy moments but in the end he kind of manned up ... somewhat literally. he made the right choice.... being a guy and having a nice harem instead of stuck as a chick with a man hating lesbian. maybe natsuru isn't gay after all.

the fighting was pretty disappointing though.
Dec 23, 2009 1:08 AM

May 2008
Super lol'd at the woman staring at Natsuru walking back and forth.

And am I a nerd for thinking those transformation scenes are badass?
Also, I think the white kampfer should just join with the red and blue to make... TEAM AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!

The end was kinda fucked up, but its a harem so I'm not complaining. Personally I really enjoyed this show. 9/10.
Nowww... for the Xmas special...
theeggman85Dec 23, 2009 1:16 AM
Dec 23, 2009 9:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
lame x100.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 25, 2009 5:02 AM

Mar 2009
I really hoped this episode would've had a heavier tone to it. I was expecting a fight between Natsuru and Sakura, but ended up getting the cheesiest ending and battle sequence ever. I still like the show and all, but...c'mon!

Oh well. Here's to a second season when the manga or novel or whatever has enough material. :)
Dec 31, 2009 9:05 AM
Dec 2009
LOL A fight without one drop of blood, but with ripped clothes. This really suits Kampfer.

And the White Kampfers are a let down to yuri-powered fighters. They were defeated in a blink of eyes. Ryouka (the UZI girl) had no chance to fire even a bullet.
Dec 31, 2009 1:07 PM
Aug 2009
OH MY GOD! This was a bunch of fanservice :D ...cmon ya all know we love it :D
Still some minus points from me...episode was O_o
Jan 11, 2010 7:50 AM

Apr 2009
I loved this episode. A little bit of fighting, some more groping, and we learn what true feelings Natsuru has. Even though he will never pick just one girl, all of them trying to get ahead of each other is pretty funny.

Last episode coming up.
Jan 16, 2010 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
THIS is the ending?! There was no ending. It just... stopped. This was disappointing.
Mar 7, 2010 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
Ugh. No real ending, some badly pronounced German singing (that even a native speaker can only understand with a lot of effort) and Natsuru acting totally inomprehensibly.
Hm, what else did I expect from that final episode?...Nothing, really.

Apr 16, 2010 12:51 AM

Apr 2010
i think there is gonna be a new season cause sakura said in the last fight when sakura was about to kiss natsuru in female form when he transform back and then she slaps him many times and some else happend when they were about to fly/jump watever shes said you'll choose me as a women at the end and i dont have picture cause i streamed it and some one said after the manga catches up they start to produce the anime again im thinking it guys so im not 100% sure dont rage at me
May 5, 2010 8:39 PM

Aug 2008
Just finished watching all the episodes... and I'll only be commenting on this as the final episode, because the Special I view as mindless insanity on the producers' part.

Anyway...
The series started off well, sort of slipped around the half-way mark and ploughed through that pit with a freight train, only to crash into the brick wall at the top of the hill and derail itself.

Around episode 9 (I think) was where I started to really enjoy it again, then the whole Kaede mind control thing stared kicking the series an entirely new and in my opinion, awesome turn of events. Evil Kaede is just plain awesome...

The unfortunate thing is... though it gives us the absolutely awesome scene of Natsuru and the gang in a very bad spot, with Natsuru on the verge of killing them all and the interestingly placed memento Natsuru gave Shizuku on their date snapping (then her) back to reality, the following fight scene that marked the true end of the (potentially) first season of Kampfer made all the build-up to that point kind of... misplaced, I suppose. Natsuru doesn't even bat an eyelash when everyone else starts wailing gunfire, chains and blades over their opponents and for a character the story has centred around, he does surprisingly little, other than choose to stick with the side of the coloured Kampfer over Kaede and the White.

I honestly think they should have done something far better with the last episode they had of the series; maybe tie up the loose ends or even give us an absolutely awesome final fight scene where everything goes great, but systematically goes downhill for the good guys, leaving us on one hell of a "Ha ha, now you want to know what happens next!" cliffhanger.

Though if they do make another season of this, I'll only be watching it to hopefully find the ending the series needed... if I feel like it. Maybe I'll just mentally make up my own ending in my head.
Jun 15, 2010 11:11 AM

Jul 2009
FlashFumo said:
THIS is the ending?! There was no ending. It just... stopped. This was disappointing.

Yeah... But I enjoed this show) Pretty art, nice seyu, mmm... simple, but funny story) And female Natsuru is in my head now (I like how she drawn ^^) But Shizuzku the best! xD

Btw I think it's to much fanservice here... It would be nice if second season had more action and story ~_~ 8/10 for me. *goes to read manga*

ps: still want one of this pairing - female Natsuru x Kaede or Natsuru x Shizuku <3
Jul 15, 2010 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
I liked the Ode to Joy sequence. And I guess I shoulda seen the clothes tearing thing coming. It was only a matter of time with this type of series.
And, yeah, Kaede's eyes chaning color freaked me out!!
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Jul 16, 2010 11:38 PM

Mar 2010
decent series stupid ending o wait there was no ending... although everything would of been great if there was an actual fight scene i mean i know this type of anime isnt famous for action scenes but still they could of came up with something better then that lol but still good and if they do make a 2nd season ill prob wind up watching it lol

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Jul 29, 2010 8:43 AM

Nov 2009
I was expecting alot more from this episode, maybe a better more well balanced fight scene, but i still have to say that i love kampfer (because of Shizuku :3 ) and i hope for a season 2
Sep 5, 2010 5:46 AM

Oct 2009
Lol, where did that power up came from?

I really hope they'll make a season 2 ^^
Dec 14, 2010 9:14 AM

Nov 2010
So he chooses the Harem end over the one he loves. Good man.
Dec 14, 2010 9:51 AM

May 2008
kalamity51 said:

The one he loved did try and kill him. Multiple times.
Jan 4, 2011 9:27 PM

Dec 2010
disliked it, but i can tell it was rushed... you don't let enemies off just because of a near-kiss..after being beat up by kaede
Apr 9, 2011 4:11 PM

Oct 2010
kalamity said:

And he never answer why she likes her on the first place... if it was because of her personality, that ship sailed the moment she reveals she is in an evil cunt.
And Shizuku >>> than Kaede imo
Anyways this wasn't what i expected but it wasn't that terrible either.
huh?
Apr 19, 2011 7:35 PM

Sep 2010
Wow, it was all serious then it turned into a joke. You can't get away with that so easily.
May 15, 2011 6:42 PM

Feb 2011
theeggman85 said:
kalamity51 said:

The one he loved did try and kill him. Multiple times.

The one he love is a lesbian lol no chance,

I keep laughing how ridiculous is the happenings xD
XxshizxXMay 15, 2011 6:45 PM
May 31, 2011 11:04 PM

Feb 2008
if Kaede's a Moderator, and she's unhappy with the way the Kampfers are acting, then why doesn't she just strip them of their powers and pick new Kampfers? It makes no sense to fight and/or kill them when such a simple and easy option is available. Also, why the f**k would she choose people at random and force them to be Kampfers in the first place? There was no way that these kinds of problems wouldn't occur if she chose ordinary people against their will and didn't even bother to offer them any kind of incentive to fight. Seriously, if they're going to try to have a plot then they should at least try to avoid massive plot holes that undermine its very foundation :/
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 17, 2009

252 by il887 »»
Apr 20, 2:53 AM

» Crap show

sjw_vegeta - Feb 2

10 by Arnez »»
Feb 7, 10:55 PM

Poll: » Kämpfer Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 22, 2009

126 by Lolicon »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Worst Character?

neow_neow - Oct 31, 2009

36 by Lolicon »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Best Couple Or Pairing For Male Natsuru

Putanginamo31 - Sep 30, 2021

7 by White_Alice »»
Apr 28, 2023 7:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.