Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2015 9:57 PM

Jul 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
glad to see Drew again, I wonder what his new pokemon will be.
Mar 23, 2017 12:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great Arcanine... although Drew and May want to catch it!!!! Suprise ends ;)
Jun 8, 2021 10:31 PM

Sep 2017
extreme speed, when the pokemon speed goes to the extreme!
Dec 4, 2022 4:41 AM

Aug 2021
cloudandlight said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
glad to see Drew again, I wonder what his new pokemon will be.

The only good part of the episode and the thing that makes this one a non-filler. And how come with each passing episode they are making Drew seem more and more likeable while May gets more and more annoying. In this one it seemed as if her whole character development from before the Hoenn Grand Festival got completely reset in her battle against Drew. I could not find anything positive worth mentioning in this episode. This was one of the laziest ones ever written like when are AG fillers going to get any better (this was only practically canon because of Drew being present). The story was really generic which was central plot about catching a pokemon which was literally introduced 2 gens back which has had around 2 more episodes focused on it already. Arcanine doesn't even match May's persoality. It felt as if the writers had nothing else for the week so they just picked up a random Pokemon and wrote a very vague story around it. Even the animation for the episode was poor... like the Pecha berries just seeed to be stuck on those trees. Hence we got to witness the famous Extreme Speed meme through such a horrible medium and with the plot shifting towards the Saffron City Pokemon Contest, it seems our Battle Arena match will be delays. Anyways... stay strong my friends! Let us wait for the good episodes approaching us from the horizon.
Aug 6, 2023 5:09 PM

Dec 2007
felt that arcanine proportions Were totally off.

dex: arcanine is legendary pokemon
meWoth: pilloW pokemon
lol
Aug 14, 2023 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
So, will there be more contests for May and a new Grand Festival? We'll see...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 33 Discussion

Albi-kun - Jun 27, 2014

7 by Larutz »»
Yesterday, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Nov 30, 2009

17 by Larutz »»
Yesterday, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advance Episode 4 Discussion

VVill - Dec 31, 2011

6 by Larutz »»
Yesterday, 2:37 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Advanced Generation Episode 167 Discussion

LauPi314 - Dec 9, 2014

8 by Frezlaj »»
Feb 25, 10:13 PM

» I really like how much better handled May was than Misty

precita - Jan 29

3 by MrYujufudan »»
Feb 11, 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.