Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 7, 2016 5:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Very good series for sure. It had more emotional depth than I expected and the characters are fantastic. That being said, the ending was a tad bit rushed, and the reason why they were able to send letters to the past was kind of disappointing. Still a very good series though, and that chapter that was made in Kakeru's perspective was fantastic.

8/10
Jun 15, 2016 3:17 AM

Nov 2015
Very good manga with beautiful art and beautiful and simple storyline
8/10
Jun 19, 2016 1:27 AM
Aug 2011
The real tragedy here is that Suwa and Kakeru didn't end up together...
For once I know that just isn't my crazy ass trying to pair up characters out of thin air because they actually had more chemistry with each other than they did with Naho.

Also Hagita technically single-handedly saved Kakeru with that bicycle vandalism, which made me laugh.
The mangaka should have expanded more on him and Azu because honestly they were more interesting than Naho to me.
Even Chino was more interesting and she hardly did anything.

I'm really curious if the anime will add more to the ending or if it will follow the adaptation by the book.
standJun 19, 2016 2:16 AM
Jul 3, 2016 6:50 AM
Jun 2016
Night, I'm sorry before it, I think this manga finished, is'it ? after searching, just stop in chapt 22. where can I for read next chapt?
Jul 3, 2016 8:57 PM
Jul 2016
I think the end of the stories for the current world is Kakeru will end up together with Naho. Remember the future Suwa tells current Suwa that do anything to make Kakeru happy even Suwa getting hurt for what happen and love soccer more than Naho and Suwa ready for that.
Jul 7, 2016 11:47 PM

Aug 2014
Hagita is the true hero and protagonist of this manga.

#GodlyHagita
#HagitaDeservesMoreLove
Jul 9, 2016 2:36 PM
Mar 2013
letfelicityfly said:
Wait, What? This was the final chapter? Oh man, I feel so bad haha, I didn't get emotionally involved because I thought there were 5 more chapters left, so I took it lightly.

I really liked it though, kinda rushed and all but the story is a 10/10. But I don't know if it deserves a perfect score (on my list) because I'm not fond of open endings in stories that actually NEED closure.

I guess it's because this manga had publishing problems, and I don't know if this is true but I'm 100% sure that I read somewhere that the mangaka was tired of making this manga, and her publishers obliged her to continue.

Anyway, it is what it is and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the anime adaptation :)

I founnd a raw and there is something more than this chapter, but i cannot remember how many pages it was and also it did not change the story.
Jul 10, 2016 9:44 PM
Apr 2012
It was overall pretty enjoyable, but I found the main gang other than kAkeru a bit too sweet and unidimensional. Wish they would have each had their own stories instead of just focused on Kakeru as if he was their entire world. Like seriously would you actually put a guy you literally met the same year ahead of your own life? Basically what they all did...I don't buy that if the Manga was trying to be realistic. Probably one of the biggest reasons I didn't feel too much for the other characters. Manga is rushed for sure. Could of been a lot better.
flackJul 10, 2016 9:48 PM
Jul 11, 2016 7:16 PM
Jul 2016
i haven't read it tbh i only read the spoilers and I'm really depressed what the hell
Jul 12, 2016 5:27 PM

Feb 2010
i don't get why mal always put extra chapters....... anyway, i like it but i feel like there's something missing somehow.
Jul 14, 2016 10:21 AM

Jun 2012
Guys there are 22 chapters but MAL is showing 27. Did I miss something?
Jul 15, 2016 10:34 PM

May 2012
Masquerade1 said:
Guys there are 22 chapters but MAL is showing 27. Did I miss something?
The other five chapters are part of a different story called Haru-iro Astronaut that MAL includes in the chapter count (I think it was bundled with the fifth volume of Orange).
Jul 16, 2016 10:50 PM

Feb 2013
This was so beautiful and touching. It really teached me a lot about not taking things for granted. I have felt like Kakeru in the past and I'm glad I didn't follow through on my bad choices. Orange will forever remain on my heart.
Jul 18, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2014
7.8/10 not the best out there in terms of romance and tear jerker. But it was alright.
Jul 18, 2016 8:21 PM
Aug 2015
Shoujo said:
I'm gonna miss this manga so much.

Hopefully, there will be side stories/extra chapters! This can't be the end! i want more ;; im hyped for the liveaction and i wish there is a chance of a anime ;-;
10/10 - One of my favorite series.. ;_;

Well It got an anime :P
Jul 18, 2016 8:55 PM
Jul 2016
i loved this manga series, seriously very well done. the tears flowed a bit and i am not easily the type of person to make them tears roll out.

However i am very very very pissed off at the end. my biggest problem was the fact Suwa who marries Naho in the future got totally fucked. No offence i get the fact he did it to save his friend, but come on WTF. Are you trying to tell me the only reason he got with Noah was because Kakeru died, that's just depressing, doesnt leave a good taste in your mouth. You can see he cared for her before Kakeru even came into the picture and he still got fucked.

Some people might say but his got soccer in the other future but fuck that so he has to loose the girl he loves to have a career in soccer like why cant he have both what did he do wrong?? heck he was more a saint and still had to loose something. COME ON your telling me we should just be happy with that.

I am honestly glad Kakeru got saved, this anime really open your eyes what someone with depression is facing and i loved it as i have always wondered what can be going through someone mind to commit suicide. But i fell like Suwa got fucked its basically says you either have your close friend or the girl, pick one. so no matter what in any timeline he was the only one who had to give up something why cant he have both his friend alive and the girl heck even be a pro soccer player? he totally got screwed.

I was never rooting for Kakeru and Naho as you can tell by my rant haha. Also i am bit disappointing as the whole sending the letter thing wasn't fully done well. like Hagita said who was going to deliver the message to them? still confused how they got their letter? like where did it appear?

The ending really fucked the anime for me dissapointed but overall was a good series 7/10
Jul 19, 2016 1:02 PM
Jul 2016
Cried so much during the last chapter and I wish there was more. But I really enjoyed it and love the message of enjoying every moment and the importance of being honest with emotions. Kakeru's story is heartbreaking, and his depression is written so well. I have gone through similar symptoms as he did in the manga, and seeing him with such loving support from everyone around him is so uplifting. I wonder if the mangaka is okay, though, if she's able to write depression that so well. And with how sporadic her chapter releases have been over the years.

I guess those are my final thoughts after finishing up. 10/10 for me. (y)
Jul 19, 2016 6:57 PM

Jun 2016
Really love this manga, the story is so ... do not even know how to explain it . I very strongly shocked the whole story ... Every chapter I was reading was like an impact , in fact more than half of the manga had no idea what would happen ... certainly one of the best sleeves that read💘
Jul 20, 2016 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
this manga is Super cool and beyond awesome! i finished reading this last chapter today...it was a bit dissapointing ending but not bad at all. the friendship and love everyone have for each other is soo touching and feels almost unreal(atleast for me cause i've never seen or felt anything like this before) watching this series i cried several times, i laughed several times and i felt true* love and friendship for the first time so i will rate this series 10/10 without hesitation :)
Jul 21, 2016 5:25 PM

Mar 2016
Ahh yay, I'm glad it worked out. I know they are all picking on Hagita but he might've ended up saving Kakeru more than they give it credit for. It's harder to suddenly decide to avoid a truck when you are on a bike than on foot.

I was hoping to hear more about what Suwa's dream is. I imagine it's the soccer but I was hoping for more expansion than that. Who knows what will happen in this future? I think that having the letters out of the picture will help a lot, because sometimes it felt like they were focused more on the letters than the real people. But now they can actually look at each other without the letters blocking the view and make their own happiness.

Also, re: Suwa and Naho only marrying because Kakeru is dead - while this is a book so it's limited in scope, this is something that happens in real life. People lose significant others and remarry someone else and their relationships are fine. It may seem horrible from a One True Love standpoint but once you get to the level of marriage and children it really is not as terrible as you might think. People have perfectly happy and fulfilled relationships with a second partner.

I enjoyed this manga overall. It was hard to read at some points because it connected to me personally. I tried to take a decent amount of time to digest it and I'm glad I did. It's been on my radar for a while and it was definitely worth the time to read.
Jul 21, 2016 10:51 PM
Apr 2013
I cried 6 times by the end of it. It's one of those tragic, sometimes melodramatic , story that leaves you hopeful and achieve some form of self-realization.
Even though the beginning fooled me into thinking that this story is an ensemble cast, but the story is mostly about Naho and a little bit about Kakeru. And since it is a Naho's story, she is satisfyingly developed/changed by the end of it. I think the ending was perfect for not trying to be bittersweet, and I disagree with those who think the author should have showed the kids timeline all grown up. It's not about who Naho will end up with in this future. Their romance was, in a sense, a way for Naho to grow and be more assertive, and for Kakeru to overcome grief. And if they break up afterward and Naho end up with someone else entirely, that's fine. Your high school life and relationships isn't going to be the be-all end all (even though that's not the message of the manga, maybe more like holding on to the things you love). Most of the time I felt the message of the story was to be there in the present, and not be afraid of the possibilities of the future, and the ending is a call back to both of that.

The manga delves a little bit into time travel stuff--not enough to wet your ankle. But I think it's a good intro for beginners. However, if anyone is still bothered by the time-travel aspect aspect of the manga, here are some of my thoughts *warning I'm only a tiny bit knowledgeable regarding this subject
Jul 26, 2016 6:29 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The manga was a nice effort and I will give it an 8/10.
I enjoyed the characters quite a bit and they all seemed to be individualistic. The jumping back and forth across 10 years was nicely done and seemed to blend well. I may watch the anime that is currently running but............maybe not.
Jul 26, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2016
Stark700 said:
Indeed, a good series. I'm thinking of rating this a 7 or 8/10. The confession scene felt slightly underwhelming for me but eh...I think worked out in the end. Glad to see Kakeru realized and not for killing himself.

Somewhat interested in the live action film.

And if by some chance someday, can we get an anime adaptation as well?

Ur prayers are answered. I'm sure u have seen that the anime just aired a couple weeks ago. I was watching that first and didn't want to wait for next week's episodes. I just finished the manga today. The anime so far is great.
Jul 26, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2016
This manga is extremely beautiful, touching, overwhelming. .. I give this a 9/10.. only because I am so loyal to NANA as best anime and 10/10 manga. Orange is a great similarity to NANA. If anyone wondering or forgot about the meaning of the title Orange, Kakeru gives Naho some orange juice and she explains that it's sweet, sour..
Anyway,
Everyone soo sad for Suwa. Why? He's living the married and kido life with Naho already ! He's lived that life. And yea, I understand that it's hard to let someone u love like that go but everything was about saving Kakeru life. I'm glad he stayed string and supported them both like he said. Thank God he didn't ruin it. But thank God for Hagita.. and most importantly Kakeru for not taking that extra step. For knowing that people would miss and love him. And also the letters showing how much regret the rest felt 10yrs in the future, that's what made him truly understand.

Great story. Great manga. I was so moved 😌😌😌 sorry for long reply 😂
Jul 27, 2016 5:48 PM
Jul 2018
Ending of this manga gave me chills...Very thought provoking and meaningful manga. Its ending was damn near perfect.
Jul 27, 2016 6:16 PM

Jul 2016
Okay so I read the manga last night for 3 or 4 hours straight. I ended up crying myself to sleep at 3am. The series is so beautiful. I love Kakeru. I can't wait for the upcoming episodes of the Anime.

Jul 29, 2016 6:14 AM

Dec 2014
Promesteins said:
Hagita is the true hero and protagonist of this manga.

#GodlyHagita
#HagitaDeservesMoreLove

I'll rate this higher if Hagita and Murasaka ends up together in a special manga chapter or something. ( °3°)/
Aug 14, 2016 4:15 AM
Aug 2016
i hope kakeru just live in parallel universe like mirai nikki. it would be sad if he married with Naho, Suwa will be hurt. I hate suwa but i can't change the future.
Aug 29, 2016 6:27 AM
Dec 2015
my god this manga made me forget to breath so many times!!! So glad with the ending though i thought he died at the end jesus! Wish it expanded a little on the future of kakeru and naho after he lived!! like a kid and stuff!
Suwa is one of my favourite characters! i feel bad for him hes so cool!! but all characters were amazing and played a huge role!!
Probably top 2 favourite mangas!!
Sep 3, 2016 2:55 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Man after avoiding this manga for so long after the hiatus ended, I just had to finish it before the anime did. After all, it was one my favorites when it was being serialized. I don't actually have too much to say about orange, except that I cried a lot in the last few chapters, and shed a few tears now and then in the other chapters. I think this manga is really beautiful and does really well to portray someone who has feelings of hopelessness and wanting to commit suicide. I think it's hard for someone to write from such a point of view unless they've met someone who's gone through similar things OR if the person him/herself has gone through it. Case in point, many people could not relate to Kakeru or were frustrated with Kakeru. I'm not trying to say that Suwa wasn't the best person in the manga, because he was, he would be a saint if he was real, but it's completely missing the point to just talk about how he's throwing away his future with Naho.

sailormean said:
also, not that anyone's likely to even read this but the whole treatment and misunderstanding of kakeru's character by a LOT of the readers on multiple websites made me really sad and i wish I could more properly explain just how accurately the mangaka portrayed him as a legitimately ill and depressed teenager in a realistic manner - his actions perceived as selfish or cruel by some resonated with me as a person who's had depression for god, almost half my life, and i empathized so much with the 'wall' he built and even more so with naho and everyone's joint effort and ability to slowly tear that wall down and make him realize that he is wanted, which is HARD/ impossible to realize when you're fucking depressed and you view yourself as this worthless thing that only causes harm and pain and it truly makes you want to build a wall and disappear in order to not hurt anyone else. i think the reality of that portrayal is what alienated a lot of viewers, which is totally understandable but also kind of a shame, and I wish more people had looked at his intentions a little less as selfish acts and more as how hard it is to view the world in the same way others view it when you've got a severe mental illness

I read this, and I'm really glad that someone else (there were one or two other posts as well) really understands Kakeru. I also find it sad that some people couldn't empathize with Kakeru and even calling him selfish. If people could try to understand others, I'm sure more people like Kakeru could be saved. It's sad to me that there are people lacking such compassion, but at the same time I do understand that it's hard to connect with such people when you haven't experienced it yourself. I also know that in this day and age, any passing comment one makes could be a trigger, so it's frustrating and even at times annoying to have to self-censor when you don't mean any harm. And sometimes even help can feel suffocating to the one who needs it, it ended well in orange, but it might not have worked with someone else. Who's to say you can really make a difference, even if you knew? There's no right way in helping someone. But it's all over when you give up on someone.

But anyways, I guess I just wanted to say that the mangaka did very well with the psychology of a depressed person. Kakeru was a very realistic character as well as being very relatable. I'd say it's right there at the top with Bokura ga Ita in terms of exploring a broken character. The theme of regret was also executed well, it's something that relates to everyone to a certain extent, I'm sure.
tingySep 3, 2016 2:59 AM
Sep 11, 2016 4:49 PM

Sep 2016
Okay so question
This ending was really good and all but two things don't add up
a.) It says there's s'posed to be 27 chapters in the manga and
b.) There's the whole thing that Hagita warned about, lets call it "The Race Theory"
Okay so in case you don't remember, in chapter 18 Hagita started going on about how changing the future not only affected Kakeru but other people too, so for instance during the race when Kakeru won, the guy who was supposed to win got second place and so on. Doesn't that mean that because the future has changed and Kakeru didn't die, somebody might die in his place?
Sep 14, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2015
I love this manga. It was so beautiful, I'd say it's one of my all time favorites. The show is wonderful as well; I love the animation style, and the colors. It really does the manga justice. My only complaint is that thus far, the anime doesn't include the last few chapters.

Honestly, if I had to rate Orange, I would give it a 10/10. The story, the characters, and the emotions were just so real to me. I've been depressed enough to feel like Kakeru before, and I appreciate how they depicted depression. It's not an easy topic to handle.

Now, about the ending (there seems to be an awful lot of disagreement on this forum).. I know stories are meant to be interpreted by the people who read them, but I believe I understand what the author was intending.

It's a beautiful story and I love it. If I didn't read it at work, I definitely would have cried. I hope there are more mangas out there like this. What an amazing concept, hands down. I will without a doubt read this again. Maybe they'll make a bit more, maybe not. Either way I'd recommend it.

---
Edit: So, I realized that a lot of people dislike Kakeru. To me, that's really really sad considering how perfectly they depicted depression with his character. I know I empathize with him completely - I'm sure others do as well. Depression is a reality. Shaming someone for depression, even a fictional character, is not okay. Especially since this character went through something so many people go through every day.
andiefederSep 14, 2016 12:07 PM
Oct 3, 2016 8:54 AM
Oct 2016
right now this manga has an anime series and it finished and it's totally amazing but:
I ship suwa x naho and hate kakeru because kakeru stands between naho and suwa's relationship... anyways everyone says that kakeru and naho will marry in this time line but their is no prove that they will marry plus the future naho said that she will marry suwa even if kakeru was alive. and in the anime the last scene showed future naho and suwa while suwa is holding his baby and I thought that this may be the future of suwa and naho in the current time line.
plus I realy want to see how does future kakeru looks like.....
Nov 2, 2016 2:23 PM
May 2015
The ending of this makes me wonder, maybe the previous Kakeru had the same feelings as well but due to being on a bike he had less time to think about it and was in more of a rush. Either way I got emotional with the whole manga and even though I do feel bad for Suwa so much i'm happy at the same time, ufff- maybe they should have a trio relationship *cough cough*
Dec 8, 2016 8:41 AM

May 2009
This was a bit disappointing. I was hoping that Kakeru dies no matter what (as in: you can't change the past). I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to kill himself sooner or later anyways... the guy is broken. He needs professional help, he needs antidepressants, he needs to see a fucking doctor who knows what to say to him. Not a little girl who knows shit, has no experience and prefers to say nothing at all.

Anyways... what ruined the manga for me was Naho. She has to be the worst and most dense human being I've ever seen. I almost dropped it after Kakeru wanted to hold hands and she was just wondering if he's okay. The fact that none of her friends jumped in sooner to tell her to get her shit together made it even worse (this fact got even worse after we learned that they all got letters. lol).

Everything she does feels way too forced, especially with her knowledge. The fact that she doesn't read the whole letter, even though she read the last page (the one which says that Kakeru is going to kill himself), makes no fucking sense.

She's the reason the drama felt way too forced and wasn't enjoyable at all. If it weren't for her, or if she at least was a bit less indecisive, I could've enjoyed the manga but the way it is it's only a 5/10 from me. It was an average read, after an actually intriguing start.
Dec 29, 2016 2:19 AM
Jul 2018
I am a bit disappointed though. I mean, I was devastated when they showed the part in the future, so i wondered if 'when' they saved kakeru; naho and kakeru would have 'their' future. Kind of disappointed, but overall one of the best animes mangas I've ever read- like seriously right through my kokoro xd
Dec 30, 2016 12:29 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Such a great ending, I m happy Kakeru was saved in the end, that he was affraid to die due to all the changes they made on this timeline.
How the letters arrive at the past was never really explained, but there is not a really nice way to explain it properly in such a story like this, so we just have to accept such thing, so that a plot like Orange's can exist.

And it was such a simple yet moving plot, the characters were likeable, there were some lesser addictive chapters, with a more boring pacing. But some reveals like Kakeru's mother message, and this conclusion!!
I opted to read this last chapter this morning, and what a way to boot one of the last days of this year. With such a pleasent feeling, reminiscience abit of Little Busters too.

Great manga!
9.2/10
Dec 31, 2016 7:18 PM
Dec 2016
misufitto13 said:
I seriously love this manga. It got me hooked from start to end, not knowing what possible outcomes may come every time Naho does something. This last chapter tested my patience so much, since I couldn't wait for a month to see what happens to Kakeru.

However, I wonder what could've happened if Hagita didn't "break" Kakeru's bycicle? If Kakeru still rode the bike? Would he have swerved away at the last minute when the truck comes or would he have run out of time to think if he really wants to still live or not?

WELL, Psychologically I would think that if he rode his bike he would've died no matter what they friends did because it is said he stopped himself because he was afraid to die. In his past death he died instantly and he was biking VERY FAST! So I think Hagita was the real life saver as he broke the bike which caused Kakeru to walk and he was walking very slowly so I'm guessing he was able to comprehend everything that would happen and all the questions that would be left if he died so his mind was able to react and he chose not to die. In his bike death he was going very fast so he couldn't react to it (all he thought about was death and not the consequences that came with it)
Dec 31, 2016 7:22 PM
Dec 2016
So in the end of chapter, 10 years later Kakeru is still alive and they are all good friends still right even though Naho and Suwa get married either way?
Mar 24, 2017 7:05 AM
Aug 2010
definitely one of the worst manga I've read, the whole "explanation" of the time travel was retarded.
May 2, 2017 7:23 AM
Mar 2012
Itachi_0893 said:
definitely one of the worst manga I've read, the whole "explanation" of the time travel was retarded.

I agree with you. Manga has stupid story with the theory of two worlds(really?) and very annoying characters - Naho and Kakeru.
Honestly, I was hoping the past couldn't be changed and Kakeru would die.
The best character? Suwa. I feel sorry for him.
For me, manga, anime etc. 3/10
agata0707May 2, 2017 7:26 AM
May 8, 2017 6:05 AM

Nov 2009
I found the authors style refreshing with her realistic approach to her characters and situations. Not every disagreement was resolved, it often took time, heartbreak and bravery along the way. Some scenes I thought ended a bit abruptly as if they were in the middle of a conversation and then don't talk again for days. I guess that does happen in real life too.

Character development was good. Would be interesting the read the story from Kakeru's point of view. I like how it dealt with his depression. Way to go Hagita in the end for tampering with his bike. As for Suwa... poor guy. I posted my thoughts about it on a different forum topic but basically I guess future Naho didn't mention them being married because she didn't want to influence the past and wanted past Naho to do what felt right and make her own decisions. She was already in-love with Kakeru anyway and if he weren't to die it was inevitable she'd end up with him. Suwa was brave to support the two of them. Should he have told her how he felt anyway? Probably, even just for the sake of being true to himself. Maybe he should later on, after Kakeru is no longer suicidal. Hopefully in the sequel / alternate version Suwa finds happiness.

I was a bit incoherent in reading this. If I read it more consistently I think it would have affected me more. I cried a couple times in the first half. Second half I teared up but no tears. I thought the ending was a tad abrupt but likely because I didn't realize the one-shot at the end of the book took up so many pages. Still, the ending tied things up well enough. Some good quotes at the end and throughout.

One point of interest is somewhere on the forum (can't find it now), someone wrote that they think Naho and Kakeru's relationship will ultimately be toxic, with him relying on her. After all she says she will "save him time and time again". Being the partner of someone with depression can be difficult but there's good signs that Kakeru will start to enjoy life more and be happy. Though suicidal thoughts can creep in as depression does so he could still commit suicide one day. Depends how they handle things as individuals and a couple which again adds to the realism which I like. Wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but it still had its uplifting moments. I like sad stories as long as they're not plain depressing; Give me a smile or joke on occasion. I give 8/10 because I liked the way it was written/executed, which makes all the difference imo.

Narciso_Weeb said:
So in the end of chapter, 10 years later Kakeru is still alive and they are all good friends still right even though Naho and Suwa get married either way?

I don't recall that being the case. The ending had scenes mixed from both present and past. I don't think that we see what happens in the future of the current timeline. Just that they will "save him no matter how many times it takes".
May 21, 2017 11:05 PM

Dec 2014
Narciso_Weeb said:

i think the future time w/o Kakeru and the "present" time with Kakeru saved was just shown side by side. and Naho from the future is, i think not sure if what they did really helped their past selves and Future Naho just vowed with uncertainty(?)
May 25, 2017 7:37 AM

Jan 2017
how many chapters are cz mal is saying 27 but theres only five volumes with the last going upto letter 22
Jun 5, 2017 5:22 AM

Nov 2009
tambi33 said:
how many chapters are cz mal is saying 27 but theres only five volumes with the last going upto letter 22

Orange is 22 chapters and then there's a one-shot at the end which is 5 chapters. MAL has included it under this title instead of separating it.
Jul 17, 2017 4:58 AM
Nov 2016
Was pretty good, Kakeru was a massive pain and he got on my nerves though.
Suwa is such a good dude.

Nov 29, 2017 11:34 AM

Mar 2016
Awesome manga about friendship to the max. I liked Suwa alot, Hagita was a dumbass and loved him, Naho was a good lead and Kakeru was cool. Even if Naho ends up with Kakeru in this world, it's still good to know there was a world where Suwa was with her. I liked it more than the anime, because I kept cringing and pausing the video when watching episodes last year. Glad I started reading it. This last chapter hit me in the feels. solid 9/10.
Mar 24, 2018 5:54 PM

Dec 2015
So basically Hagita single-handedly saved Kakeru by committing vandalism xdd brilliantly done man!!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 2, 2018 1:29 AM

Sep 2017
Good one. Orange is overrated in my opinion however. The ending was kinda not feeling right and was rushed for me. 7/10. It was initially good and showing promise, but suddenly, they rushed to the ending and it didn't feel like there was a romantic tension in there anymore.

I couldn't sympathize with Kakeru in the later chapters, so that may have ruined it for me. They could have at least showed ow they put the letters to the past. They talked about the Bermuda triangle, but they could have at least confirmed how they did it. Time travel is something I take seriously, and I need a plausible explanation for that .

At least they didn't show the future, so there may still be hope for Suwa and Naho.
JeremiahOrangeMay 2, 2018 1:33 AM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Nov 14, 2018 7:11 AM
Nov 2018
Honestly this was great lol suwa is MVP of the manga in my opinion because how loving and strong do you have to be to let go of a future you yourself could have lived. He’s satisfied with knowing that in another life, he ends up with Naho while supporting her with Kakeru because he loves her enough to do so. I hate how everyone is trying to say Naho was manipulated into loving Kakeru too because she fell for him in the process of saving him and genuinely is concerned for his wellbeing. Pain is a great conductor of love which is why we so often fall for the bad boys/girls. Watching someone struggle and helping them can create genuine feelings, which is honestly the EXACT reason suwa and Naho ended up together after Kakeru died. But I digress. Manga was great and really touching
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does the anime and movie cover it all ?

xnub - Aug 13, 2023

1 by ixaa »»
Aug 14, 2023 1:08 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

12 by Frog_blue »»
Feb 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Haru-iro Astronaut Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

6 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 6, 2023 3:20 AM

» orange rerelease

Gieog_ - Jan 27, 2022

8 by Smashdevil »»
Jan 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Orange Chapter 3 Discussion

ZeroZx - Jul 8, 2012

21 by Tsunamii_ »»
Jan 1, 2023 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.