Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Haifuri' Announced in Collaboration with 'Non Non Biyori' Mangaka [Update 8/26]

New
Aug 24, 2015 11:54 AM

Jul 2009
Aniplex has launched a website for a TV anime titled Haifuri, whose initial key visual is illustrated by Non Non Biyori mangaka Atto.

The October issue of Comic Alive magazine, which will be published on August 27, will reveal more information about the work. The magazine's September issue had teased an upcoming anime project in collaboration with Atto.

Official site: http://www.hai-furi.com/

Source: Anime! Anime!, Otakomu

Haifuri on MAL

Update August 26
Comic Alive magazine revealed the main character and the setting of the show in its October issue. The name of the main character is Akeno Misaki, nicknamed Mike-chan. She is described as a cheerful and optimistic person, with "Any friend of the sea is family to me!" as one of her phrases. The issue also announced that the anime will receive a manga adaptation, which will also be serialized in Comic Alive. More information about the anime will be announced in the next issue.

Synopsis
With Japan having developed as a maritime nation, it became necessary to have specialized schools to teach skills essential to protecting the sea. The setting is one such all-girls school. The girls who enroll here study to become "bloomer maids," through classroom instruction and teaching of practical skills.

"Bloomer maids" are women who pursue the ocean for their professional occupation. They live by the motto "In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go." They must excel in their studies, but must also adopt an international mindset. They are the "Elite of the Sea," and are expected to be knowledgeable of the customs and cultures of other countries as well as their own. (Source: ANN)

Source: Yaraon
myanimelistllcFeb 11, 2016 5:28 AM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 24, 2015 11:59 AM

Aug 2010
I hope the mangaka is helping to write the series. That would make for another awesome slice of life. She really knows how to handle the genre better than most.

I'm still waiting on an Amanchuu! anime though.
Aug 24, 2015 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
hm... i'll wait for more info, i guess.
Aug 24, 2015 12:02 PM

Nov 2008
I want more information on this, it seems like a sea based SoL.

Aug 24, 2015 12:08 PM
Mar 2014
announcing it's aniplex before anything else is a good way to kill all hype for the series, i'll give em that
Aug 24, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2012
this is gonna be SOL time killer, sure why not.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Aug 24, 2015 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
Waifu-(fu)ri

vodall said:
announcing it's aniplex before anything else is a good way to kill all hype for the series, i'll give em that
Would be kinda awkward for Aniplex to announce something and not mention it was them making it, if anything, it's just Aniplex announcing they are making something, not something announcing it's being made by Aniplex.
Aug 24, 2015 12:15 PM
Mar 2014
Paulo27 said:
vodall said:
Would be kinda awkward for Aniplex to announce something and not mention it was them making it, if anything, it's just Aniplex announcing they are making something, not something announcing it's being made by Aniplex.

if aniplex are the ones to announce it, they are pretty much guaranteed to be producing it. not sure what the studio it will end up being, though.
Aug 24, 2015 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
vodall said:
Paulo27 said:

if aniplex are the ones to announce it, they are pretty much guaranteed to be producing it. not sure what the studio it will end up being, though.
So, how is it a bad thing that the publisher is saying they'll publish something? Why is this something bad when Aniplex does it?
Aug 24, 2015 12:21 PM
Mar 2014
Paulo27 said:
So, how is it a bad thing that the publisher is saying they'll publish something? Why is this something bad when Aniplex does it?

they aren't just a publisher and distributor, they're a production company. producers usually have influence on the production process itself, which is why the title of the role is what it is. as a business, they want to make as much money as possible, and that is likely to steer the anime in a bad direction.
vegetablespiritAug 24, 2015 1:49 PM
Aug 24, 2015 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
Aniplex doing what it does best. Finding what's hot right now and getting the creators involved to make something similar for them. You can't blame em. I just hope it's good.
Aug 24, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Sea / water based SOL has a lot to live up to with Aria being a thing (and I def second the desire for an Amanchu! anime) but we will see.
Aug 24, 2015 12:45 PM

May 2014
Would totally like to know what this is about, I'll add it and hopefully see to it later.
Aug 24, 2015 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
If the author of Biyori's involved I'll watch for sure! :D
Aug 24, 2015 1:02 PM

Jul 2014
I'll likely watch it if the author of Non Non Biyori is involved, but I'll wait a few more days until more information before making a definite decision.
Aug 24, 2015 1:27 PM

Nov 2011
ovoon7 said:

Me too but this looks cute by itself with the design. I'm looking forward to more info to be released soon.
Aug 24, 2015 1:35 PM

Sep 2013
She's not small enough :(
Aug 24, 2015 2:37 PM

Sep 2009
ovoon7 said:
I hope the mangaka is helping to write the series. That would make for another awesome slice of life. She really knows how to handle the genre better than most.

Let's hope we'll get an adaptation after new Aria OVAs.
Aug 24, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
she look cute :)
looking forward to hear more of it
Aug 24, 2015 3:26 PM

Oct 2007
JayBlue said:
Aniplex doing what it does best. Finding what's hot right now and getting the creators involved to make something similar for them. You can't blame em. I just hope it's good.

In before written by some eroge writer with probably the Love Live composer or something on soundtrack.

vodall said:

The times are a changing if that's the case but it would certainly be about time. I had started to get the sense that Aldnoah.Zero was if not the final straw (I figured it out around the time of the bizarrely dull Mahouka and started connecting the dots back to stuff like Guilty Crown and Valvrave The Liberator to find a common link) at least the biggest wake up call so far for fans with the rocky reception of those Charlotte, Classroom Crisis and Ranpo Kitan shows so far this summer not especially helping. Maybe too people are finally starting to catch on to the formula and the staff hyping approach and realize it does not in any way necessarily guarantee that the show you're watching will be anything like that show you enjoyed that the person was involved with.

If Aniplex would just give any indication that they actually give a shit and don't just want money and are combining popular staffers not with a set plan to have them work will together so much as to try to get their individual fanbases to pay the fuck attention so that they'll give them money at the end of it all instead of making a story that's actually good and speaks for itself then it would help my impression of them tremendously. They didn't really used to be this bad for this up until the failure of Anime no Chikara and the success of stuff like Madoka, Monogatari and Fate/Zero at the start of the decade which all largely involved a very specific formula of staff baiting (Magic Quartet I call it after the Madoka Quartet which revolves around the use of a hot often eccentric director who will talk the talk in interviews and who is usually coming off of a pretty big hit, hot visual novel writer to pull on the otaku scene and who is currently marketable, established and currently popular composer who is also currently marketable and hot character designer that specializes in a required aesthetic style) but now really seem to take their shows fans for blind idiots who if they throw certain names out there will just blindly throw money back at them (I can sometimes understand why as the formula has worked tremendously well so far but IMO led to some seriously fucked up shows) so we'll continue to see I guess. The guy that produced that Saekano show really said it all to me with that leaked comment he made to the script writer Fumiaki Maruto that all of his script plans didn't really matter in the long run as long as they have cute girls so to just do whatever essentially and let them handle things. To me that's just straight proof of how they really feel behind the scenes.

Realistically all they need to do is just tell a coherent story people like for the sum of it's parts and not just because they liked the staff in some other unrelated series....that's all they need to do. I miss shows like FMA Brotherhood, Darker Than Black Season 1 and TTGL from them in any case, but that was a different approach to show running for a different era sadly.
PeacingOutAug 24, 2015 3:52 PM
Aug 24, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
looks great.

Aug 24, 2015 4:07 PM

Nov 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
JayBlue said:

In before written by some eroge writer with probably the Love Live composer or something on soundtrack.

vodall said:

The times are a changing if that's the case but it would certainly be about time. I had started to get the sense that Aldnoah.Zero was if not the final straw (I figured it out around the time of the bizarrely dull Mahouka and started connecting the dots back to stuff like Guilty Crown and Valvrave The Liberator to find a common link) at least the biggest wake up call so far for fans with the rocky reception of those Charlotte, Classroom Crisis and Ranpo Kitan shows so far this summer not especially helping. Maybe too people are finally starting to catch on to the formula and the staff hyping approach and realize it does not in any way necessarily guarantee that the show you're watching will be anything like that show you enjoyed that the person was involved with.

If Aniplex would just give any indication that they actually give a shit and don't just want money and are combining popular staffers not with a set plan to have them work will together so much as to try to get their individual fanbases to pay the fuck attention so that they'll give them money at the end of it all instead of making a story that's actually good and speaks for itself then it would help my impression of them tremendously. They didn't really used to be this bad for this up until the failure of Anime no Chikara and the success of stuff like Madoka, Monogatari and Fate/Zero at the start of the decade which all largely involved a very specific formula of staff baiting (Magic Quartet I call it after the Madoka Quartet which revolves around the use of a hot often eccentric director who will talk the talk in interviews and who is usually coming off of a pretty big hit, hot visual novel writer to pull on the otaku scene and who is currently marketable, established and currently popular composer who is also currently marketable and hot character designer that specializes in a required aesthetic style) but now really seem to take their shows fans for blind idiots who if they throw certain names out there will just blindly throw money back at them (I can sometimes understand why as the formula has worked tremendously well so far but IMO led to some seriously fucked up shows) so we'll continue to see I guess. The guy that produced that Saekano show really said it all to me with that leaked comment he made to the script writer Fumiaki Maruto that all of his script plans didn't really matter in the long run as long as they have cute girls so to just do whatever essentially and let them handle things. To me that's just straight proof of how they really feel behind the scenes.

Realistically all they need to do is just tell a coherent story people like for the sum of it's parts and not just because they liked the staff in some other unrelated series....that's all they need to do. I miss shows like FMA Brotherhood, Darker Than Black Season 1 and TTGL from them in any case, but that was a different approach to show running for a different era sadly.

Not to mention how they handled Cinderella Girls, bad main cast, average everything else, and disappointment all over the place for the first season and constant forced drama in the second.

I don't think this will turn out bad though.

Aug 24, 2015 4:11 PM

Aug 2015
oh ho
Aug 24, 2015 4:15 PM

Oct 2013
I think the character design looks great. The Non Non Biyori magaka also sparks my interest for this series. I'll give it a chance.
Aug 24, 2015 4:24 PM

Oct 2010
Yes please.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Aug 24, 2015 5:39 PM

Dec 2014
Looking forward to this because I like Non Non Biyori. Hopefully this doesn't end up disastrous.
Aug 24, 2015 5:42 PM

Oct 2010
Certainly their are people thinks that this might be the new Aria but better leave that consideration to Tamayura. The design of this one makes me want to see something like Tsuritama again.
Aug 24, 2015 6:09 PM

Oct 2007
Hoppy said:

Not to mention how they handled Cinderella Girls, bad main cast, average everything else, and disappointment all over the place for the first season and constant forced drama in the second.

I don't think this will turn out bad though.

I hear from people that liked the first one about their disappointment with that one, but again I feel Aniplex was a very different company back then that actually kind of gave a shit about more than just money and leaving a good impression through the work itself and not just the marketing that went into it. Again it's extremely noticeable with productions like Mahouka which had no reason to be as dull and lifeless as it was, but when you get everything in order but giving the series an actual script composer to make sure the adaptation goes smoothly and the emphasis is put on the right aspects of the property as it's being turned into anime what do you really expect. I have no idea why they seem to consistently put storytelling as such a secondary priority in their shows considering how important it was to Madoka Magica's success, but again I think that that Saekano producer provides the necessary insight. As for iDOLM@STER they probably just got the go ahead to do Cinderella Girls and figured okay we've got the hot exploitable license yet again for ourselves so we're good and whatever happens from here on out whatever as long as we have the necessary concert ticket tie-ins to make it work. Never mind actually doing something viable with the licenses beyond just a whole lot of talk in the promotional phase to result in a whole lot of character bloat from the sounds of it. I've tried to warn people that just because they like Non Non Biyori (I profess to know nothing about it myself) doesn't mean that this show will be any good just because it shares a character designer, but that just seems like common sense to me so whatever lol

I mean do people even read really? They seem to think that it's the author of that work too, but what does that have to do with the price of bananas and the kind of show it might be anyway even still? Just because Classroom Crisis has the same writer as White Album 2 and the same designer as OreImo doesn't mean it's anything remotely like those shows for example. Same as how just because Aldnoah.Zero has the same composer as Gundam Unicorn and same writer/director duo as Fate/Zero (sort of) doesn't make it anything like those shows. It all comes down to execution, something that Aniplex just has not demonstrated of late or that they care about it outside of what goes into the advertising and packaging since they're a media disc publisher first and foremost. They're absolute masters of scoring the hot license or hot staffer coming off of a hit show (this season it's GATE with the director/composer of Love Live which has absolutely nothing in common with Gate) and then squandering it all in terms of execution, seemingly not caring in the slightest as long as they still make money, which given their business model of exploiting whatever is already popular and packaging in myriad collectors extras is a given.

Anyway if people are finally coming around thank god already. By all means give the show a fair chance of course when it comes out and see what gets done with it and if you like it then great, but putting the cart before the horse is getting a little old IMO, both in terms of Aniplex and the way the fans react to their hyping. I just feel I learned my lesson already kind of. Believe me I had expected to like shows like Guilty Crown and in my younger more naive days I figured how could this possibly be anything less than fantastic with all those big names involved and all the fun I'd had with their prior efforts and the rude awakening was shocking enough to make me outright question whether I should ever get excited for anything to do with anime again let alone Aniplex cause to be blunt the show was a total clusterfuck of rule of cool that was whatever it felt like being in a given week as long as it meant it might possibly sell better.
PeacingOutAug 24, 2015 6:16 PM
Aug 24, 2015 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
wow aniplex hate is pretty funny

oh well this is mal after all....cant wait for this anime to come out i hope we get a good studio
Aug 24, 2015 9:21 PM
Dec 2013
Non non Biyori yes sign me up. I 'll check it out definitely.
Aug 24, 2015 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
Will definitely be watching this.

She looks cute. :)
Aug 24, 2015 11:56 PM

Jul 2012
looks cute, but I'm gonna wait on more info.
Aug 25, 2015 2:31 AM
May 2013
made a temporary (or permanent) poster for this one hoping to make it the main image.

Aug 25, 2015 2:43 AM

Jul 2009
If it is going to be fun like Non Non Biyori I might watch it!
Aug 25, 2015 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
Here's the more complete version of the scan:
Aug 25, 2015 7:44 PM

Mar 2013
waw
Aug 26, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2015
Stark700 said:
Here's the more complete version of the scan:

Now i am hooked
Aug 26, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2014
ovoon7 said:

Aug 26, 2015 4:51 AM

Aug 2015
Gonna watch this for the Non Non hype and the SOL genre.
Aug 26, 2015 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
Character and story details revealed:
(Plus a manga adaptation that'll be launched before the start of the anime.)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-26/hai-furi-tv-anime-character-story-details-revealed/.92137
SandyBoiAug 26, 2015 5:33 AM
Aug 26, 2015 5:36 AM

Feb 2015
non non biyori's author, can't wait to see then. it's gonna be good i guess

"In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go" << Bloomer maids motto. can't wait to see the anime

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-08-26/hai-furi-tv-anime-character-story-details-revealed/.92137
Aug 26, 2015 7:11 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
News Update
Comic Alive magazine revealed the main character and the setting of the show in its October issue. The name of the main character is Akeno Misaki, nicknamed Mike-chan. She is described as a cheerful and optimistic person, with "Any friend of the sea is family to me!" as one of her phrases. The issue also announced that the anime will receive a manga adaptation, which will also be serialized in Comic Alive. More information about the anime will be announced in the next issue.

Synopsis
With Japan having developed as a maritime nation, it became necessary to have specialized schools to teach skills essential to protecting the sea. The setting is one such all-girls school. The girls who enroll here study to become "bloomer maids," through classroom instruction and teaching of practical skills.

"Bloomer maids" are women who pursue the ocean for their professional occupation. They live by the motto "In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go." They must excel in their studies, but must also adopt an international mindset. They are the "Elite of the Sea," and are expected to be knowledgeable of the customs and cultures of other countries as well as their own. (Source: ANN)

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Aug 26, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
Wouldn't sea diplomats fit better than bloomer maids which sounds like something that belongs in Senran Kagura.

Aug 26, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, so this is related to the sea in somewhat ways.

I'm still somewhat interested in this as long as it maintains a nice balanced slice of life and atmospheric setting.
Aug 26, 2015 5:25 PM

Oct 2007
moodie said:

oh well this is mal after all....cant wait for this anime to come out i hope we get a good studio

Hope you like A-1 Pictures cause that's where it's probably going. I see nothing wrong with a little pattern recognition and opinion. People can call it hating or whatever, I really couldn't care much less. I mean fuck you have people saying it's going to be some kind of triumph cause Aniplex is staff baiting again with some person they like whose involvement is about as up in the air as your average staff bait with Urobuchi (the only thing that is stated for certain is they are doing character design but people don't read which to me is the more hateful than anything) and then you have some people asking how often that really works out and what it has to do with the price of bananas for what looks like an original anime. The only thing you can probably be certain of really is this will probably involve Sora Amamiya in some capacity and you'll see if the staff baiting takes on further forms with the rest of them. In my head I'm jokingly thinking something like Tsutomu Mizushima as director (Shirobako), Jukki Hanada or Reiko Yoshida on script, Yoshiyaki Fujiwara on music (Love Live, Yuri Yuri) and the NBA person doing the character design for maximum staff baiting. That'll probably tell the level of promotion you can expect out of this
PeacingOutAug 26, 2015 5:39 PM
Aug 26, 2015 6:17 PM

Nov 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
moodie said:

Hope you like A-1 Pictures cause that's where it's probably going. I see nothing wrong with a little pattern recognition and opinion. People can call it hating or whatever, I really couldn't care much less. I mean fuck you have people saying it's going to be some kind of triumph cause Aniplex is staff baiting again with some person they like whose involvement is about as up in the air as your average staff bait with Urobuchi (the only thing that is stated for certain is they are doing character design but people don't read which to me is the more hateful than anything) and then you have some people asking how often that really works out and what it has to do with the price of bananas for what looks like an original anime. The only thing you can probably be certain of really is this will probably involve Sora Amamiya in some capacity and you'll see if the staff baiting takes on further forms with the rest of them. In my head I'm jokingly thinking something like Tsutomu Mizushima as director (Shirobako), Jukki Hanada or Reiko Yoshida on script, Yoshiyaki Fujiwara on music (Love Live, Yuri Yuri) and the NBA person doing the character design for maximum staff baiting. That'll probably tell the level of promotion you can expect out of this

My god, they should take it easy on Amamiya, she's overrated as a VA and probably tired, slow it down a bit so she can grow in talent at a proper pace or she'll burn out. Trying to make her as popular as Kana Hanazawa or Yui Ogura right now will lead to disappointment especially since others with fewer roles seem to outdo her in voice acting and even singing.

Sep 2, 2015 7:34 AM

Jan 2015
Snow said:
News Update

Synopsis

This looks pretty interesting
Apr 23, 2016 8:31 PM

May 2014
Snow said:

"Bloomer maids" are women who pursue the ocean for their professional occupation. They live by the motto "In the sea we live, the sea we protect, and by the sea we go."

Blue Mermaids lol

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

23 by Avery20 »»
8 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by Miragee »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.