Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Aug 25, 2015 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
Poor Zen, it must have been hard to know that your friend was actually an enemy...
Izana's skills are amazing!
Aug 25, 2015 4:19 PM
Jul 2015
I loved that scene where Obi yanked off Shirayuki's mask to see her smile... and looked just as surprised as Shirayuki for what he did.
Aug 25, 2015 7:57 PM

Jun 2013
Hey. How you doin'?

She is quite pretty. Thank you, based Japanimators.
Aug 25, 2015 9:12 PM
Dec 2013
THis show is quite predictable but Oh do I enjoy it so! Great ep imo. Sad outcome.. Also has Shirayuki become more beautiful, seriously
Aug 26, 2015 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
I ship Obi and Shirayuki now. I think that they make a better couple than Zen x Shirayuki (I'm not even fan of this couple nor personaly like their charas. I'm being honest here).
The scene with the liquor was hilarious XD I just liked their reactions XD
I like Obi so much.

It was interesting to see a fragment of Zen past. Made me wanna see more & know more about what has been happening in his past. I would rather see those kind of flashbacks as an original episode instead of just being flashbacks. It wasn't such a nice event how it turned out with Atri. Yeah, I think the boy was right: everything could've been different if Zen wasn't a prince, a royalty & they both could've been real/best friends. Ok character if I have to say; too bad he died.

Thank you for clearing your sexual orientation Zen. LOL

Also, I like the fact that Zen and Mitsuhide don't have a "get along" relationship in the beginning. Urging to see how thier relationship gonna develop.

Mitsuhide was so cool when he broke the arrow. And Izana is getting more likeable to me. He's badass & appears as a perfect older brother in my image after everything I saw about him til now.

Fun to watch episode, but still can't see a solid plot in this series. I wonder where all these daily life events occuring lead to; Do they have to lead somehere; Intend to lead somehere; What's the actual purpose/aim of this anime. All&all this seems like a series I would rather having it on on my TV just to make noise but not caughting my attention.
Aug 26, 2015 7:57 AM

Apr 2012
More of Zen's past. I wonder if this event has anything to do with why he rarely actually draws his sword nowadays, and even when he does, doesn't use the blade at all.
Aug 26, 2015 8:12 AM

Jun 2015
yuliyana29 said:
Fun to watch episode, but still can't see a solid plot in this series. I wonder where all these daily life events occuring lead to; Do they have to lead somehere; Intend to lead somehere; What's the actual purpose/aim of this anime. All&all this seems like a series I would rather having it on on my TV just to make noise but not caughting my attention.

The "purpose" of this anime is the romance between Zen and Shirayuki, and how they both grow and change and try to pursue their aspirations and follow their desired path in life - Zen wants to be a great prince, Shirayuki a great herbalist, and they try and do this side by side, hand in hand. There is no real overarching plot other than that, just story arcs of varied length that develop the setting, characters, and the aforementioned romance/path-following, as well as explore different themes.
Aug 26, 2015 10:15 AM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed this episode because it focused on the more political aspect of things and how being a part of royalty can make you enemies and as a result a target. I want the show to show more of that but its too focused on a the romance thats frankly quite boring and dull cause of the lack of chemistry in addition to how quickly it moved through things. Hopeflly ill be proven wrong that the show will actually add more focus onto the political aspect of things but I wont hold my breath.

Still at least this episode was enjoyable and ill give it that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 26, 2015 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
Really good episode! Obviously Obi will fall hard for Shirayuki now that he will spend more time with her.

Nice to see Zen's backstory and wow, I did not expect to see that slaughter at the end, nice to see that they include such things in this anime.
Aug 26, 2015 12:02 PM
Sep 2008
what the hell!!!! they jamping too much chapters..... between last episode and this one... in the manga there is many importent things that they didnt include! espacily in episode 7... the meeting with izana, they rushed it and skipped very importent part that have heavy meaning...
THEY SKIPPED TOO MUCH OF THE TIME LINE BETWEEN THOSE 2 EPISODES...

AND THEY CUT OFF SO MANY OBI x SHIRAYUKI SCENES THAT MAKES ME WANNA READ THE MANGA FROM THE BEGINING >_>

JUST READ THE MANGA... IM VERY DISAPOINTED ON HOW MUCH THE STUDIO SKIPPED... I MEAN... THEY SAID S02 WILL COME RIGHT WHEN THE 1ST EPISODE WAS AIRED... SO WHY THE HELL DID THEY RUSH THE 1ST SEASON SO MUCH AND SKIP VERY IMPORTENT STUFF THAT IN THE FUTURE EPISODES WILL SEEM LIKE PLOT HOLES TO PPL WHO DONT READ THE MANGA >_>
Aug 26, 2015 1:51 PM
Mar 2012
^ Woah, calm down. Stop screaming.

Wow, it actually got a bit bloody there.

danieltortoisee said:
Good to know a bit more about Zen's past, not just because it fleshes him out a bit more but also because it helps flesh out Mitsuhide a bit. That's good, cos that was something that this series was lacking. Hopefully Zen's other attendant (whatever her name is) gets fleshed out soon.
I agree. Unfortunately, this series only has 12 episodes. In my opinion it's the only anime (I'm watching) of this season that would have deserved more.
It's still not as good as Akatsuki no Yona or Saiunkoku Monogatari, but it's not bad.
Aug 26, 2015 2:02 PM

Sep 2011
narutosister said:
what the hell!!!! they jamping too much chapters..... between last episode and this one... in the manga there is many importent things that they didnt include! espacily in episode 7... the meeting with izana, they rushed it and skipped very importent part that have heavy meaning...

AND THEY CUT OFF SO MANY OBI x SHIRAYUKI SCENES THAT MAKES ME WANNA READ THE MANGA FROM THE BEGINING >_>

JUST READ THE MANGA... IM VERY DISAPOINTED ON HOW MUCH THE STUDIO SKIPPED... I MEAN... THEY SAID S02 WILL COME RIGHT WHEN THE 1ST EPISODE WAS AIRED... SO WHY THE HELL DID THEY RUSH THE 1ST SEASON SO MUCH AND SKIP VERY IMPORTENT STUFF THAT IN THE FUTURE EPISODES WILL SEEM LIKE PLOT HOLES TO PPL WHO DONT READ THE MANGA >_>
the series is dull enough as is so its scary to see there was already fluff cut.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 26, 2015 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
Badass fights; nice flashback; good story once again; awesome episode.
Aug 26, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
Finally some violence and killing.
Alright episode.
Aug 26, 2015 9:55 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I can see why the relationship between Shirayuki and Zen can be boring to some people. But eh, I'd rather not watch another anime in which the characters kiss in the third episode.
Aug 26, 2015 10:24 PM
Mar 2010
narutosister said:

Too much rage in your post... but you basically summed up how I was feeling inside.
Aug 27, 2015 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
oxfordroyale said:
yuliyana29 said:

The "purpose" of this anime is the romance between Zen and Shirayuki, and how they both grow and change and try to pursue their aspirations and follow their desired path in life - Zen wants to be a great prince, Shirayuki a great herbalist, and they try and do this side by side, hand in hand. There is no real overarching plot other than that, just story arcs of varied length that develop the setting, characters, and the aforementioned romance/path-following, as well as explore different themes.

You just convinced me how much of a boring anime this is.
Aug 27, 2015 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
yuliyana29 said:
oxfordroyale said:

You just convinced me how much of a boring anime this is.

Well that's the plot ... if you find that boring, so be it.
Aug 27, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
This episode proves more and more how Izana and Zen are so alike.
Both of them care for the people, but in different ways (although both are hands-on when dealing with matters). Also, they take action by themselves rather than completely rely on their status.
For example, Izana going by himself and Mitsuhide to confront those hooligans at night. Being first in line to the throne, you'd think he'd mobilize the castle guards, but instead goes himself to confront them with just Mitsuhide.

As people keep pointing out, it's very nice how the characters are fleshed out. How the main heroine is not your typical angst and useless teen. None of the main recurrent characters and mains are dead wight and bland in personality. They actually stand out in their own way.
That's why I get into the occasional shoujo work. Some are very good, like this one.
Aug 27, 2015 8:24 PM

Dec 2012
There were some cheesy moments here & there yet again, especially the part with Obi & Shirayuki. And while the flashback was pretty interesting & good enough to show us why Zen was a bit upset when he heard what Obi said, the relationship between Zen & Atri was not developed enough. I did not care about Atri at all, & the supposedly tragic death of him felt a bit empty. It did not leave a lot of impact. Maybe a longer time spent on Atri & fleshing his character out would have been better. And actually, the best part of the flashback was not about Zen & Atri, it's the relationship between Zen & Mitsuhide. I want more of their history & why they ended up like the way they are, best friend.

NotJizzyHitler said:
I enjoyed this episode because it focused on the more political aspect of things and how being a part of royalty can make you enemies and as a result a target. I want the show to show more of that but its too focused on a the romance thats frankly quite boring and dull cause of the lack of chemistry in addition to how quickly it moved through things. Hopeflly ill be proven wrong that the show will actually add more focus onto the political aspect of things but I wont hold my breath.

I think it's not the first time an episode focused on the political aspect. There were some episodes like this too.
I agree that the chemistry & interaction between characters are dull, but I do not think this will change. Because this kind of interaction is something that every shoujo has.
This anime is indeed enjoyable & charming, but it probably will not be more than that.
Pat_To_Do-ListAug 27, 2015 11:05 PM
I like anime.
Aug 28, 2015 9:52 PM

Jul 2014
Wow Glad this episode was done well. This really puts things to perspective as to why Zen could be said to have a difficult life even though he is a prince. At first people be like "Pfft, what problems can a prince have" but seriously his experience with Atri was definitely difficult and this can only lead to more difficulties in him pursuing his love (Shirayuki)
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Aug 28, 2015 10:24 PM
Sep 2014
Didn't expect any deaths or blood in this show lol. I like how Atri's team injures him and them tells him to "finish the job"..hello? Did you forget that you pointlessly injured him retard. What a great idea...-Rolls eyes with sarcasm-
Aug 29, 2015 4:26 AM

Jul 2014
wow, amazing trip back to Zen's past :( poor him for being so young and having to experience something like that..

I loved that part with his past though! really brings even more depth to not only Zen but also to Mitsuhide's character as well :)
Other than the this part though, the first part with Shirayuki getting drunk was pretty funny x) And Obi, oh man, falling for Shirayuki without even knowing it, hehe :3

Overall, very good episode, as usual! :) Definitely becoming one of my favorite animes!
Aug 29, 2015 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
I wish Zen's friend hadn't back stabbed him, however it was quite obvious that it was going to turn out that way
Aug 29, 2015 3:48 PM

May 2015
Loved this episode. Getting a glimpse of Zen's past was very nice, such a sad past. I honestly didn't expect a bit of blood in a show like this, but in a situation like that, it was really well executed.

Aug 29, 2015 10:04 PM
Jul 2018
So giving her one of his attendants to guard her will stop the rumors? I don’t understand this logic tbh but meh. The flashback was kind of predictable but the fight in it was pretty entertaining. Izana proving to me once again how awesome of a king he’ll be, seeing Mitsuhide attack Atri like that was pretty badass as well.

Atri being voiced by Paku Romi upped my rating for this episode.
Aug 30, 2015 12:30 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
xcess090 said:

Atri being voiced by Paku Romi upped my rating for this episode.

Omg, I didn't realize that till now.
Aug 30, 2015 6:40 PM

Dec 2012
xcess090 said:
So giving her one of his attendants to guard her will stop the rumors? I don’t understand this logic tbh but meh.

That's not it. Zen was afraid the other noble families will try to approach Shirayuki and use her because of her connection with Zen, the second prince. :)
Aug 31, 2015 11:42 AM

May 2015
Haha,I love how this episode just throws people off so much. Up until now, pretty peaceful, after all, it is a shoujo. No one would expect such a bloody fight from a show this sweet, lol. At least it wasn't too graphic I think, but maybe that's cuz I've watched some of Rurouni Kenshin. .3. (need to go back and finish that...)

Great episode over all, and the drunk thing was funny. -w- 'Course, that'll be in the next ep, right? they didn't show what happened after that.

Oh, and Izana is awesome~! >w< Mitsuhide's cool too, he's such a nice guy. .3.
Aug 31, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
Oh they change the chronological order for the anime.
Not bad this is quite good. The fight scene was really well done.
That was a sad past.
Aug 31, 2015 3:35 PM

Apr 2014
zen first love so sad..........
obi likes shirayuki??? uuuh problems.......
Sep 1, 2015 5:31 AM
Dec 2009
Woo, bit of sword action in this episode. That was a nice little surprise :)

And I feel for Shirayuki being a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. Haha.
Sep 2, 2015 4:46 AM

Aug 2014
Probably the best episode yet. That ending was really something.
Sep 6, 2015 12:15 AM

Mar 2010
I really want to learn more about izana now... cause bot sure if we are suppose to like him or dislike
Sep 7, 2015 1:26 PM

Oct 2013
Damn, that was actually kind of powerful.

Somehow I knew the moment Atri was shown crafting his arrow head that he was duping Zen.

NotJizzyHitler said:

pretty spot on

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 10, 2015 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
It was obvious that the kid was ploting something, but I didn't expected Mitsuhide to kill him. He was basically unarmed at this point :|
Maybe he could had a hidden weapon, but he was defeated at this point. Izana was pretty based too, not giving a fuck and start rampaging the enemy.

Drunk Shirayuki, gimme more.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 13, 2015 11:28 PM

Oct 2008
what a harsh flash back for Zen.
This phrase made a lot of meaning for the whole episode: "would it be better if you weren't a prince?"
5/5.

Sep 17, 2015 11:19 PM

Dec 2012
This was a surprisingly brutal episode, it spoke volumes about Zen's mixed feelings towards being a prince as well as why Izana is as careful as he is about the people Zen places his trust in. It was also a good episode for Mitsuhide, although I don't know if you can call killing your lord's best friend "good." Still, I really do welcome more insight into Mitsuhide and especially Kiki (since she's witty and cool).

On a lighter note, Shirayuki getting drunk cracked me up. Her face was more red than her hair.
Sep 19, 2015 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
Unexpected background for Mitsuhide. I wonder if we will get to see some background for Kiki as well.

Fillerish. It still has good atmosphere though.
Sep 20, 2015 5:52 PM

Jul 2015
Nice episode about Zen's backstory.
Sep 20, 2015 8:31 PM
Jun 2013
that cello tho...
Sep 21, 2015 7:33 AM

May 2010
Equitum said:
yuliyana29 said:
Fun to watch episode, but still can't see a solid plot in this series. I wonder where all these daily life events occuring lead to; Do they have to lead somehere; Intend to lead somehere; What's the actual purpose/aim of this anime. All&amp;all this seems like a series I would rather having it on on my TV just to make noise but not caughting my attention.

This is it. This is all a good anime needs in order to become a masterpiece.
Sep 28, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
Finally getting more interested in this show. Good ep.
Oct 2, 2015 2:39 AM

Apr 2014
Oh snap, shoujo just got brutal.

Izana and Mitsuhide just marched right in and SLASH. Even crazier the first prince was taking them on himself.
DawningFogOct 2, 2015 2:44 AM
Oct 2, 2015 2:45 AM

Apr 2014
Zadion said:
Damn, that was actually kind of powerful.

Somehow I knew the moment Atri was shown crafting his arrow head that he was duping Zen.

Same. It was a noticeable piece of foreshadowing. I like how this show has that in other places, like the logs on the fire.
DawningFogOct 2, 2015 3:13 PM
Oct 3, 2015 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
Couldn't really care about this random "friend" who was obviously gonna backstab him.
Oct 6, 2015 1:02 PM

May 2012
Some dramatic backstory and interesting character development! Let's see what's next.
Nov 7, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2011
Sterkte said:
Probably the best episode yet. That ending was really something.

Somehow it had quite some impact even though it was predictable.
The director of this show got some skill.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 11, 2015 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
basabeo said:
OrangeJP said:
Go home Shirayuki, you're drunk

The two very different reactions to the alcohol were so funny

This is so right on so many levels
Dec 30, 2015 10:05 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Getting sad that I'm reaching the end of such a good anime, but Izana's slowly warming up to me.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2015

166 by nyaasar »»
Mar 11, 3:15 PM

» Any anime’s similar to this one?

slutforhange - Aug 21, 2021

13 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 7, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

209 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2015

189 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 30, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Aug 10, 2015

114 by XxEMOxKONATAxX »»
Jan 25, 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.