Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 12, 2015 4:04 AM

Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
G_Spark233 said:

Since I'm not a translator I can't really say for certain but my guess is wthat she said that she was going to break though the armour rather than capturing it. That would make a lot more sense.

lol yea that was retarded. Just FYI I'm pretty sure that he was Tatsumi was comparing himself to Susanoo and his trump card with how both have limited uses. That would also make a lot more sense.

Capture and break through sound NOTHING alike in japanese. Even I know that much

Then what do they sound like?
Sep 12, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
1 of the best chapter so far,
really explain Akame and Kurome situation/back story perefctlly.
Sep 12, 2015 10:03 AM

Oct 2014
G_Spark233 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Capture and break through sound NOTHING alike in japanese. Even I know that much

This is just my conjecture but Akame only said that she might have a "chance" to capture the armor. Perhaps it wasn't such a high priority for her. She clearly had multiple agendas regarding Wave since the beginning of their encounter.
Sep 12, 2015 10:04 AM

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
Fingering of Akame's ass was high point of this chapter.

lol, can't argue with this :)
Sep 15, 2015 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
I'm still confident that Wave and Kurome will survive and change sides, Esdeath would most likely be killed by Akame at the end but hope that does not happen :D
Sep 27, 2015 7:36 AM

Feb 2015
I hope Wave survives this he is really the only character I like.

bastek66 said:
Fingering of Akame's ass was high point of this chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2015 10:01 PM

Mar 2015
Yup... Akame didn't killed Wave... and Wave is still trying to do what Run would do in the anime. Changing the capital from the inside.

Also... is this a deus ex machina? To save Kurome from inevitable death? Saving her in a "magical" onsen? okay...

Sep 29, 2015 10:18 AM

May 2014
Good chapter was good.

Now another two months until the next one?

Oct 9, 2015 2:12 PM
Oct 2015
I just recently read the Manga (Chapter 63), is it still going to be continued? If so, when can I expect to read it?
Oct 13, 2015 2:15 PM
Oct 2015
I just recently read the Manga (Chapter 63), is it still going to be continued? If so, when can I expect to read it?
Oct 13, 2015 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
.... Wave is.. I- sigh.. This guy is so naive and incompetent that it pains me. I had so much expectations for his character and this chapter just let me down so hard.

"Get this through that thick skull of yours!!"
Lmao

I hope Wave dies in the next few chapters so that his Grand Chariot can maybe be used for Tatsumi.
Oct 16, 2015 4:15 AM

Mar 2014
toncue12 said:
TheGrandSage23 said:

Esdeath is a cliche sadist character with a very cringeworthy obsession with the main character. Her BG is alright but my original statement mixed with her inconsistent bullshit power set makes me wonder how in the world you think this chick is original? I could write paragraphs of her tropes kid.

Also you mention character development where she has little but. Having a BG doesn't equal development. She fails because she fails to do what she was made to be which was supposed to be a decent antagonist/character. If you claim all the other characters are boring and uninteresting then objectively she should be at the top

Don't care of powers... It is not that which builds a character... To say "Esdeath is a cliche sadist character with a very cringeworthy obsession with the main character", I can say in return that you didn't see many manga, yanderes are extremely rare in the shonen world...
You appeal to the objectivity, while you are not capable of passing above this superficial sadistic aspect which I quoted...

If we are truly objective, Esdeath represents 80% of the interest of this poor manga. Why? Because almost everything turns around her. Esdeath is the intrigue. You manage even to claim that certain characters would be less boring, while they are even no characters, at such a level of mediocrity. I can't really give a credit to that.

Why I think she's original?... Because her presence as antagonist (non-manichean, i call back) is unique for a shonen. Of course, if we speak abouts seinens, that would be different.

You never even gave a decent reason as to why she's original. "Her presence is unique for a shonen" abd that makes her original? No does that make her a good character? No

"Esdeath represents 80% of the interest of this poor manga" that's not a good thing considering what I stated before

" I can say in return you didn't see many manga" you're right I read manga kid. And my comment still stands

Yanderes being rare in shonen doesn't make her original or unique because she's a trope that's exist before you were popped out.. Longer than that.

Esdeath isn't a good character and as bad a villains as every other villain in this manga

Move on
Oct 16, 2015 4:19 AM
May 2015
-ZET- said:
Why are you people even arguing about characters in this manga?

I love AKG manga, I've read all of the chapters for like 4 times already, I really love how there's no "you're a good character, you can't die" experience in this and honestly, this is the only reason why I love this manga.

However, if I actually look at the things, there nothing else special in this manga, there's no genius, super interesting character and no interesting plot aswell, heck the villains in this manga all have the same mentality except for Esdeath and Budou.

Speaking of Budou, he was the only thing that could make this manga have a interesting plot, the first ever villain to not have a thirst for battle nor be a corrupt fuck, also the fact that he wanted to change the empire from the inside, this was a perfect thing for a good villain, but apparently that's too good for this manga.

But seriously the only reason why I keep reading AKG is because of that factor and because of both Esdeath and Akame, anything else is just meh.

Both Esdeath and Akame suck anyway so your comment doesn't mean much
Oct 22, 2015 12:22 PM

Jan 2012
Nice kicking ass akame .

Nov 19, 2015 9:41 AM
Dec 2014
That ass massage. Kreygasm
Dec 2, 2015 7:20 AM

Jun 2008
hoopla123 said:

But dam, I feel like Wave is literally the only sane person in this series, I hope he lives and maybe get a power up (as kind of foreshadowed this chapter).

He is not sane at all. He think he can change a complete corrupt empire by being their foot soldier and killing good people for them.
His an idiot.
Besides as Akame said. If the empire could actually change from inside things would have gotten to the point they have. The fact that such huge repel army was created and is now outside the doors of the empire is because too many people got frustrated and so no hope of changing things politically.
Wave things he can do the impossible without getting his hands bloody against the evil doers and by killing good people. His a moron that refuses reality.
The fact that the empire is so close to collapsing makes his whole ideal even more stupid since change is already at he door a lot faster if he just helped the rebels or at least didn't try to stop them.

Exayda said:
G_Spark233 said:

This is just my conjecture but Akame only said that she might have a "chance" to capture the armor. Perhaps it wasn't such a high priority for her. She clearly had multiple agendas regarding Wave since the beginning of their encounter.

It's kind of ridiculous because even if she said captured it doesn't mean much since one of their goals is to get as many imperial weapons as possible.
It seems Darklight forgot that and talks like their is some big aim for that armor.
MonadDec 2, 2015 8:31 AM
Jan 1, 2017 2:58 PM

Nov 2015
Good for some WavexKurome panels. Good Akame backstory too.

I know Kurome will die but now I don't want that to happen, but she will in any scenario =(
Apr 12, 2018 8:47 AM
Nov 2016
Informative chapter, I liked it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.