Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2015 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Most important info: 2nd movie announced for 2016!

So, I saw the movie in Ikebukuro this morning. This post will contain "spoilers," but there actually aren't any because this "movie" doesn't have a plot. It really is just a special sort of thing.

The movie was an hour long, and it was, like the title suggests, an award show featuring many (many) of the series' songs. The credits scene showed the top ranking players of the Aikatsu arcade game.

The awards are not...real? They were things like "Juri and Hinaki with dolphins award" (Poppin' Bubbles) or "After eating sweets let's brush our teeth award" (Koisuru Mitaina Caramelized).

Also, no song featured was from S1. The oldest one I think was fashion check or houkago ponytail, and they were updated S2 versions.

I will put a list of songs I remember from the movie under a spoiler list.

Biggest disappointment: NOT ENOUGH YURIKA-SAMA. She was only in songs with groups :(

Best part: When Soleil showed up at the award show and were amazing as usual.

The only running plot thread through the movie is Juri running from the top of Mt. Fuji to the Aikatsu Budoukan center during the hour. It is actually pretty funny though.

List of songs:

I might have forgotten a song or two?

[Also, there was one thing I didn't know, but it could be because I am only on episode 128. There was a scene post-credits of two girls on a farm watching the awards. Were those girls a teaser for things to come, or established characters?] EDIT: I think they are Daichi Nono and Shirakaba Risa. They are from Hokkaidou and will use the new brand Dolly Devil according to a pamphlet I saw.

Edit: A couple other comments I remembered.

Literally half the dialogue in the movie is puns on shou and SHOW. It gets old really fast.

Gar_LoganAug 29, 2015 9:56 AM
Aug 21, 2015 11:46 PM
Jun 2008
I agree with you on not having enough Yurika-sama here and I don't think you forgot a song.

I went to see it with a Japanese friend and we both agreed that Juri was the main character here.

I have high expectations for the next movie!
Apr 11, 2016 11:33 AM

Aug 2007
Well, it was ok. It was only a long episode with a compilatio with AIkatsu songs. Just like that.
Nov 8, 2016 11:37 PM

Nov 2013
I'm glad that Juri at last was the main character .
Nov 19, 2016 9:20 PM

Sep 2015
That was so great! Sad that Aidoru Katsudo wasn't showcased but ending it off with Let's Aikatsu was awesome! I loved every moment of this.
May 20, 2017 2:09 PM

Nov 2013
for someone who doesn't plan on watching the show (kinda long...) having a video like this is pretty nice, and there were a lot of songs i liked =D
winddevil1May 20, 2017 2:35 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 22, 2018 7:55 PM

Jul 2015
That was a pretty good movie! I don't particularly watch Aikatsu for the performances, but it was entertaining nonetheless, glad to at least see that DreAca is not dead lmao.
Sep 21, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty good movie.

It was nice to see all the best performances once again. Unfortunately, "Eternally Flickering Flame" was left out.

That last scene with Nono and Risa was fun.

SerafosMar 2, 9:28 AM
Apr 28, 2022 7:25 PM

Aug 2020
Very rewarding movie. It reminds me how beautiful all the songs in Aikatsu were! Loved this one so much <3

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿

More topics from this board

» Aikatsu! Movie New Information

-Karoshi- - May 27, 2015

3 by Gar_Logan »»
Aug 14, 2015 3:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.