Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Aug 22, 2015 7:07 AM

Nov 2013
I don't even know what to say about this show apart from that it's probably my favorite this season.
Aug 22, 2015 7:23 AM

Sep 2014
I really liked this episode lol. Probably the only episode after episode 6. Rory stole the show, rest were just there.
Aug 22, 2015 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
rory's lips changed colors tight before itami stopped her from pulling out her weapon. like 14 mins in. whats the deal with her lip color?
Aug 22, 2015 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
orangpelupa said:
maybe because she cant be seperated with the huge ax?

there so many things that not shown and left to the viewer imagination. But currently i like it, its not overblown.

Destiny video game = overblown, too many stuff not shown to player
FF series (and metal gear depending how you play) = overblown, too many stuff told and shown to player

I do not think the anime has addressed that Rory cannot be separated with her axe.

I agree that it's good to have anime that do not explain every single thing even if they're not relevant to the plot, but the details about Rory & her axe is simply a lack of explanation from the anime.
I like anime.
Aug 22, 2015 9:08 AM
Oct 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
but the details about Rory & her axe is simply a lack of explanation from the anime.

What lack of explanation? The axe is just too heavy for a mere mortal to lift. Context made that explanation obvious. You should have figured that out from the battle scene, the axe obliterated an entire shield wall. She easily could hold a warrior impaled on her axe above her head (and then swing it). She is crazy strong.

Offeight said:
rory's lips changed colors tight before itami stopped her from pulling out her weapon. like 14 mins in. whats the deal with her lip color?

She was about to go all choppy choppy. Red is when she is relaxed, purple is when she is in "Emory Apostle" mode.
Aug 22, 2015 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
What lack of explanation? The axe is just too heavy for a mere mortal to lift. Context made that explanation obvious. You should have figured that out from the battle scene, the axe obliterated an entire shield wall. She easily could hold a warrior impaled on her axe above her head (and then swing it). She is crazy strong.

Then why did they not just ask her to put it somewhere herself? That could be done.
Pat_To_Do-ListAug 22, 2015 9:33 AM
I like anime.
Aug 22, 2015 10:01 AM

Jul 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Then why did they not just ask her to put it somewhere herself? That could be done.

Do you ask a priest to not take his cross or bible with him? No. Rory is a priestess, her axe is basically her tool, one of her connections to her god. She is also a warrior, and no warrior would relinquish his weapon, especially when going into another world.

Also, it seems that all the higher ups knew about other countries and that they will attempt black ops missions against them, so 1 more weapon is welcome. Why take away someones weapon when you know that someone is going to be hunted.
There is no "Good or "bad" anime. There is only different anime.
Aug 22, 2015 10:13 AM

Dec 2012
Dextix said:
Do you ask a priest to not take his cross or bible with him? No. Rory is a priestess, her axe is basically her tool, one of her connections to her god. She is also a warrior, and no warrior would relinquish his weapon, especially when going into another world.

Also, it seems that all the higher ups knew about other countries and that they will attempt black ops missions against them, so 1 more weapon is welcome. Why take away someones weapon when you know that someone is going to be hunted.

Again, the anime has not addressed about how crucial her weapon is to her(if that's true).
It's not about "a warrior connection with the weapon," it's about why they let her brought the weapon. Was it because it's so important to her? Or they have tried to ask her to put her weapon somewhere else then she refused? There's no clear indication.

Black ops? Where was it stated that the other countries did that?
I like anime.
Aug 22, 2015 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
I'm 99% positive that's Nanjou Yoshino's voice, looks and lifestyle lol. And just my speculation but that "Ex-wife" thing might be game related?
Aug 22, 2015 10:26 AM

Jul 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Dextix said:

Again, the anime has not addressed about how crucial her weapon is to her(if that's true).
It's not about "a warrior connection with the weapon," it's about why they let her brought the weapon. Was it because it's so important to her? Or they have tried to ask her to put her weapon somewhere else then she refused? There's no clear indication.

Look mate, you and many other critiquers have this problem that you do not watch the anime clearly enough. Things are not being given to you, you are given hints and you have to work out the details yourselves.

I see people are getting too accomodated with spoon fed stories these days.

The anime has not adressed how crucial her weapon is to her because that should be clear logically already.

I think it should be clear enough that the weapon is rare and because rory almost NEVER leaves her axe behind anywhere is also an indication.

And the whole "why was she allowed to have a weapon thing" is directly tied woth the actions of the other countries. There is a clear indication of that. Before in the earlier episodes the others countries wievs were expressed and in this at the end they were pursued, by professionals, not some backwater terrorists.

Her axe was concealed all the time (wrapped in a fully black cloth) until the end in civilian territories. It was allowed because Itami and his superiors KNEW that the other countries are going to make a move on them.
Aug 22, 2015 10:46 AM

Jun 2013
LOL!!! Reaction of Itami being Ranger ans S...Well he seriously does not give that kind of Image!! XD

ELF IN JEANS!!??! O__O In Business Suit?!?! Oh Lalalaa!!

Pina and Lieutenant first look food in disgust and then Like it!! XD

DAMN...I got shivers when that meeting in Diet started! Rory showed no mercy to that Woman. thank Kami that Itami at least stopped her before she slaughtered anyone!

And YES!!! I was waiting reactions about Tuka's and Rory's AGES!!! XD Living Half-God In Japan..Immortal Elf? Other countries most likely reaction: Special Forces...CAPTURE THOSE 2!!! XD

That's ITAMIS EX-WIFE!?
JarjaxleJan 14, 2016 4:16 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Aug 22, 2015 11:12 AM

Feb 2015
DAMN LUNA WITH JEANS!!
DAMN RORY IS GOING HARD WITH THE WOMAN!
DAMN RORY'S MOAN AND FACE WAS TOO CUTE AND DAMN GOOD
DAMN THAT AXE OF RORY
DAMMIT LOL!!!! (*A CUTE*) EX-WIFE?!!

#5combo DAMN!!!

and when rory going to show her axe to the woman , her lips was changed to into purple , that mean she gonna eat her live or soul or killed her?

*Extra

DAMN RORY AND LUNA AGE!!!
RORY NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY ONE YEARS OLD
LINA ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE YEARS OLD
YizelTroAug 22, 2015 11:24 AM
Aug 22, 2015 11:14 AM

Mar 2014
This is a surprise, never thought that Itami is married !!
Aug 22, 2015 11:21 AM

Sep 2014
Tokoya said:
RORY FOR THE MOTHER FUCKING WIN.....SHE FUCKING REKT THAT ANNOYING ASS WOMAN LMFAO

Everything about this episode was 10/10....The politics, the character's interactions to the human world and the tension was just amazing

But damn that ending.....I said ehhhhhhh along with everyone at the exact same time when Itami said that this girl was his ex wife lol

YES YES YES!!!!!! Thats what i was going to say as well! I love how the who world ( or Japan and other presidents) are playing a role in here.
Aug 22, 2015 11:32 AM

Jul 2009
Pat_To_Do-List said:
I have a better question for you. Why was Lelei allowed her magic staff during the senate meeting. As a demigod (known by Japan), it's impossible to ask her to do anything. On the other hand, Lelei is a mere human who can use magic.

One good idea as to why they allowed refugees to keep their weapon is to make them feel safe. Apart from being refugees, they are also willing to work alongside the Japanese government. On the other hand, the princess and noble who's empire attacked Japan were not allowed to carry weapons.

Your question leaves much to be desired because we had no real information about Rory's axe. Even during the dragon battle, we didn't learn anything about it. The attack Rory made with her axe could've been attributed to her God-level strength or the way she threw her axe. When her axe impacted the ground, it appeared as though some spell/skill took effect and a magical small-radius earthquake occurred.

In conclusion, we didn't have any real information on Rory's axe until this episode. We can conclude that it's likely made of some unknown material (to Japan at least) that weighs an absurd amount. Keep in mind this is episode 8 discussion so any information from the future should be kept under spoiler tags. We have not been given any information as to her axe being important to her life or anything of the sort. For all intents and purposes, it's just a mega-heavy axe she uses because no one can take it away from her at this point.
Aug 22, 2015 12:50 PM
Mar 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
but what kinda backwards politics is this? (snipped) she is ignorantly and apathetically criticizing soldiers who are representing her own country.
htsuji said:
She is a member of the party in opposition.

In addition to that, there is some possibility that she has a connection with one of those threes largest countries in our world, which are in search of a Japanese government's mistake so as to get a chance to take part in / or take over the SDF's operation. It is clearly obvious that they want to send their own forces to the frontier.
Aug 22, 2015 1:33 PM
Oct 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Why should they ask that? Remember only Itami and his team has seen what Rori can do, no one else thinks that such a little girl could handle such a huge axe. What is hard to understand about that? They think it is ceremonial, not an actual weapon. That was why foreign agent tried to swipe it (he expected her to chase him) and the Japanese IO tried to lift it, this showed that they had no idea that it was an actual weapon of any power

You seem to be obsessed with trying to point out "flaws" with this show. That is fine, but the problem is that your "flaws" show 1) a lack of attention of what is going on, and 2) no imagination to be able to figure out something implicitly implied but not explicitly stated to absurd lengths. You should give it up, you are not capable of critiquing.
Aug 22, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Pat_To_Do-List said:
And speaking of Rory, I do not understand why do so many people like Rori? Is it because she's a gothic loli?

It's the combination, and how well executed the cliché is:

Avenger-senpai said:
Rory best Goth Loli cougar :3
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Aug 22, 2015 2:27 PM

Jun 2015
Rory once again proved to be the best girl by KICKING that annoying woman's ass. 10/10

P/S: Although Itami said Risa was his ex-wife, they still kept contact with each other for some reason
Aug 22, 2015 2:31 PM

Jun 2015
Tevens said:
DAMN LUNA WITH JEANS!!
DAMN RORY IS GOING HARD WITH THE WOMAN!
DAMN RORY'S MOAN AND FACE WAS TOO CUTE AND DAMN GOOD
DAMN THAT AXE OF RORY
DAMMIT LOL!!!! (*A CUTE*) EX-WIFE?!!

#5combo DAMN!!!

and when rory going to show her axe to the woman , her lips was changed to into purple , that mean she gonna eat her live or soul or killed her?

*Extra

DAMN RORY AND LUNA AGE!!!
RORY NINE HUNDRED AND SIXTY ONE YEARS OLD
LINA ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE YEARS OLD

You forgot to add:

DAMN LELEI COMBO-BREAKING
Aug 22, 2015 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
Avenger-senpai said:

She's not a cougar. I suggest you look up what that term means.
Aug 22, 2015 2:55 PM

Jul 2009
HandsomeMan said:
Avenger-senpai said:
She is an older woman (900+ years old) and she does appear to be interested in Itami the way a woman is for a man, which implies sexually.

Google said:
2. (informal)
An older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.
Aug 22, 2015 3:05 PM

Nov 2014
HandsomeMan said:
Avenger-senpai said:

Dude did you ever watch "How I met your mother" ? They explain what a cougar is ;) .. and he is kinda right, Rory can be considered a cougar :D

I liked this episode. Funny, interesting and surprising. This show is really getting good.

Though the reaction of the public was weird. If I saw a true elf walking around I would go crazy. Even though they already knew what type of creatures they would find in the GATE, it is still a big chock. In our world science denied everything "not natural" and then seeing something "not natural" appearing on the TV .. claiming that she was immortal, and right next to her, a "semi-god" that would eventually become a god .. that's just freaking messed up.

Aug 22, 2015 3:23 PM

Nov 2013
kyled00m said:
HandsomeMan said:
She is an older woman (900+ years old) and she does appear to be interested in Itami the way a woman is for a man, which implies sexually.

Google said:
2. (informal)
An older woman seeking a sexual relationship with a younger man.

She's not seeking a relationship with him, what are you on about? If you think teasing = seeking a relationship, then hoooo boy do you have your facts backwards. And she teases other characters too like that, like the elf girl.
Aug 22, 2015 3:25 PM
Oct 2012
HandsomeMan said:
She's not seeking a relationship with him, what are you on about? If you think teasing = seeking a relationship, then hoooo boy do you have your facts backwards. And she teases other characters too like that, like the elf girl.

Wait
and if that doesn't convince you wait
Aug 22, 2015 3:33 PM

Nov 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
HandsomeMan said:

Wait
and if that doesn't convince you wait

You mean second cour of this season?
Well I hope that's not the case since he is a divorced 30-something year old man, and she's a 900-something year old entity on a path to becoming a goddess in a 12 year old's body. Yeah... doesn't quite sit with me, but it's Japan.
Aug 22, 2015 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
HandsomeMan said:
You mean second cour of this season?

Season = Cour (13 weeks), plus I heard that this is going to be a split cour, so we may have to wait until winter to see what happens. But yes, that should be the end of the second cour.

HandsomeMan said:
Well I hope that's not the case since he is a divorced 30-something year old man, and she's a 900-something year old entity on a path to becoming a goddess in a 12 year old's body.

Don't worry, as with most things in this show it is handled well.
Aug 22, 2015 3:52 PM

Nov 2013
I see. Hope it's not split and it continues into the autumn season.
Aug 22, 2015 4:11 PM

Jul 2009
HandsomeMan said:
This is a harem anime... I'm surprised the anime entry on MAL doesn't include it...

Rory is currently a member of Itami's harem. This does make her a possible wife. As far as we know, Itami doesn't have a wife. The girl we met is his EXwife. You do realize couples (and above) have sex right? There are also friends with benefits. There has been no rule so far that dissuades me from believing demigods/demigoddesses from being able to mate.

It's also important to keep in mind that parallel worlds can/will/do exist. Visual novels are perfect representation of this because you can choose different heroines and some even offer group-lover options. Shuffle further shows us that MCs don't just pick from the main heroines either. In the spin-off/sequels, players are able to acquire girls like Mayumi Thyme, Kareha (and her little sister), Benibara (their teacher), and more!

There is proof that she's interested in him and we don't know the full extent of it since we don't hear her thoughts. This means there is proof but there is no proof that argues she's not interested in him sexually. :)
Aug 22, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Dextix said:
Look mate, you and many other critiquers have this problem that you do not watch the anime clearly enough. Things are not being given to you, you are given hints and you have to work out the details yourselves.

The anime has not adressed how crucial her weapon is to her because that should be clear logically already.

I think it should be clear enough that the weapon is rare and because rory almost NEVER leaves her axe behind anywhere is also an indication.

And the whole "why was she allowed to have a weapon thing" is directly tied woth the actions of the other countries. There is a clear indication of that. Before in the earlier episodes the others countries wievs were expressed and in this at the end they were pursued, by professionals, not some backwater terrorists.

Her axe was concealed all the time (wrapped in a fully black cloth) until the end in civilian territories. It was allowed because Itami and his superiors KNEW that the other countries are going to make a move on them.

Again with the "you are used to the anime that spoon-fed you" argument. I know the difference between anime that subtle in conveying information(Ghost in the Shell series) & being vague about things like this anime. Now, have you watched any anime that subtle in conveying information? And no, SAO & Tenchi Muyo are not subtle in conveying information.

That's a weak argument. If someone never leaves something in anime does not always equal of that someone cannot be separated by it. And even then, we had shown that Rory could leave her axe behind for some time like when she was in public bath with the others.

They were pursued by some unknown suspect, there's no indication who it is. Even the intel guy did not know about it. How come you know about it? Are you making things up? Or you got this information from reading the manga/novel?

Yes, I know the axe was concealed, but there's not even any single indication why she's allowed to brought it.

kyled00m said:
I have a better question for you. Why was Lelei allowed her magic staff during the senate meeting. As a demigod (known by Japan), it's impossible to ask her to do anything. On the other hand, Lelei is a mere human who can use magic.

One good idea as to why they allowed refugees to keep their weapon is to make them feel safe. Apart from being refugees, they are also willing to work alongside the Japanese government. On the other hand, the princess and noble who's empire attacked Japan were not allowed to carry weapons.

Your question leaves much to be desired because we had no real information about Rory's axe. Even during the dragon battle, we didn't learn anything about it. The attack Rory made with her axe could've been attributed to her God-level strength or the way she threw her axe. When her axe impacted the ground, it appeared as though some spell/skill took effect and a magical small-radius earthquake occurred.

Probably because Lele's staff does not look as threatening from common people & she's never shown to use it for something destructive. On the other hand, Rori's axe is threatening & also clearly she's been using it for killing so many people easily.
There's no such thing as demigod equals hard to cooperate with. What's the basis of this argument? Look, if she really cannot be separated by the axe or maybe they had tried to ask her to leave her axe but she refused, then just show us. As simple as that.

Again, then tell us that they let her brought the axe to make her feel safe. There's not even a single clue about this.
They're clearly willing to work for the Japanese government too.

Takuan_Soho said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Why should they ask that? Remember only Itami and his team has seen what Rori can do, no one else thinks that such a little girl could handle such a huge axe. What is hard to understand about that? They think it is ceremonial, not an actual weapon. That was why foreign agent tried to swipe it (he expected her to chase him) and the Japanese IO tried to lift it, this showed that they had no idea that it was an actual weapon of any power

You seem to be obsessed with trying to point out "flaws" with this show. That is fine, but the problem is that your "flaws" show 1) a lack of attention of what is going on, and 2) no imagination to be able to figure out something implicitly implied but not explicitly stated to absurd lengths. You should give it up, you are not capable of critiquing.

The other people may not know how dangerous her axe actually is, but Itami & the soldiers know. And that's absurd how they let her. Why not just ask her leave the axe when she's in some kind of formal meeting like that?

Lack of information is the right word you are searching for. Now tell me, how many anime with subtlety in conveying their information that you have watched? Because this is certainly not subtle, this is vague. And people somehow mistaken vague & subtle, especially people who have read the original source first & claiming that the anime adaptation is "subtle." It's because they have read the original source that they feel like it's subtle.
Pat_To_Do-ListAug 22, 2015 5:49 PM
I like anime.
Aug 22, 2015 5:21 PM

Aug 2011
あなたおばか ------> best part

» Escapism.

Aug 22, 2015 5:30 PM

Nov 2013
kyled00m said:
HandsomeMan said:
This is a harem anime... I'm surprised the anime entry on MAL doesn't include it...

Rory is currently a member of Itami's harem. This does make her a possible wife. As far as we know, Itami doesn't have a wife. The girl we met is his EXwife. You do realize couples (and above) have sex right? There are also friends with benefits. There has been no rule so far that dissuades me from believing demigods/demigoddesses from being able to mate.

It's also important to keep in mind that parallel worlds can/will/do exist. Visual novels are perfect representation of this because you can choose different heroines and some even offer group-lover options. Shuffle further shows us that MCs don't just pick from the main heroines either. In the spin-off/sequels, players are able to acquire girls like Mayumi Thyme, Kareha (and her little sister), Benibara (their teacher), and more!

There is proof that she's interested in him and we don't know the full extent of it since we don't hear her thoughts. This means there is proof but there is no proof that argues she's not interested in him sexually. :)

Well I hope she's not since I'm not into lolicon stuff in anime, and I also don't like the term cougar and how it was used in the previous comment, so that's just my way of looking at things.
Aug 22, 2015 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
HandsomeMan said:
Well I hope she's not since I'm not into lolicon stuff in anime, and I also don't like the term cougar and how it was used in the previous comment, so that's just my way of looking at things.
I respect that but her age must be considered. There are plenty of men and women in anime that appear extremely young but tend to be hundreds to millions of years old. Saying a million year old girl who looks 14 shouldn't have sex is quite the mistake. There are also plenty of short women who look illegal and have children, inside anime and in the real world...

The worlds, fiction and nonfiction, are difficult places...
Aug 22, 2015 5:53 PM
Oct 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
And that's absurd how they let her. Why not just ask her leave the axe when she's in some kind of formal meeting like that?

Covered in the manga, irrelevant in the animation (though Itami did say he got permission, since Rory is an important ally this is not too surprising)(also did you notice that it was wrapped sometime between their entering the Gate and their exiting the Gate, suggests that something did occur).

Religious reasons, it would be like asking a Sikh not to carry their ceremonial dagger. We know she is an apostle, we know she always carries her axe. Put one and one together.....

I will say that Itami shows a bit of naivety in trusting Rory not to go crazy and personally vouching for her, but wouldn't you say that this is entirely within Itami's character as has been shown? As for the "soldiers" knowing, not really, only two others know what she is capable of doing, and both of them are Itami's soldiers.

So again, give it up. Japanese animation doesn't spoon feed everything to you. Get over it.

Edit: let me explain more. What was the point of the Diet testimony? Why do you think Itami was ordered to bring Leilei and Tuka along (Itami included Rory). Because the JSDF knew what the meeting was about and wanted to show native "outergaters" to the public who supported the JSDF in order to prevent the opposition party from using the civilians being killed against them. Bringing the three was a PR coup, and given Japanese tastes, who else would they have brought who were both witnesses to the Dragon attack AND were most known to be pro-JSDF?

kyled00m said:

Because it is not a harem anime. This will become clearer as the show continues. While I don't mind harem shows in general, I am very glad that this isn't a harem, it would demean it.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NTADAug 26, 2015 5:55 PM
Aug 22, 2015 6:05 PM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Covered in the manga, irrelevant in the animation (though Itami did say he got permission, since Rory is an important ally this is not too surprising)(also did you notice that it was wrapped sometime between their entering the Gate and their exiting the Gate, suggests that something did occur).

Religious reasons, it would be like asking a Sikh not to carry their ceremonial dagger. We know she is an apostle, we know she always carries her axe. Put one and one together.....

I will say that Itami shows a bit of naivety in trusting Rory not to go crazy and personally vouching for her, but wouldn't you say that this is entirely within Itami's character as has been shown? As for the "soldiers" knowing, not really, only two others know what she is capable of doing, and both of them are Itami's soldiers.

So again, give it up. Japanese animation doesn't spoon feed everything to you. Get over it.

I see. So it's the adaptation fault. Thank you for clearing things up. Now I know that this anime adaptation is not that good.
He said he got the permission to let Rory brought her axe? When?

Again, they are not telling us about her connection with the axe.

I am not questioning Itami's naivety to let her brought her axe, but about the lack of confirmation from the anime about why she brought her axe in such a meeting & everyone let her. It's absurd.

You have not answered my question. "Now tell me, how many anime with subtlety in conveying their information that you have watched?"
I like anime.
Aug 22, 2015 6:19 PM
Oct 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
I see. So it's the adaptation fault. Thank you for clearing things up. Now I know that this anime adaptation is not that good.

No. This was from the animation:

Why was Itami required to testify to the Diet?
Because the opposition wanted to use the civilian deaths to bring down the current government.
The JSDF knew this, which is why Itami asked Leilei and Tuka to go. Now you being an ass, you might say "where did they show this"
Answer: they didn't have to. Itami would not have had the authority to ask Tuka on his own, so it was clear that the command wanted her to go. And this was emphasized when Itami said he got permission for Rory as well.
Question: why did they want Tuka? Why did they accept Rory?
Because they knew the impact a real elf would have with the Japanese public. They also knew that a goth loli would be popular, so they would want them both to appear. This was shown by all the internet hits the proceedings had as well as the mass of photographs when she proved she was an elf (speaking of which that was why the opponent asked if they were real).

As for the axe. If they wanted Rory to go, and Rory always has the axe with her, wouldn't it be safe to assume that she would not have gone without the axe -together with her costume it is a sign of her status as a disciple of Emory. That has been stated several times.

And given that she wanted to go, and given that Itami knew that pissing her off was NOT a good thing to do for the JSDF, do you really think that they would have pressed it? Again the goal of the JSDF was to have people from the Gate Region compliment the JSDF. Having a priestess on their side would be a good thing.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
NTADAug 26, 2015 5:57 PM
Aug 22, 2015 6:21 PM
Feb 2011
well... while imo, this show is pretty fucking bad, it's at the very least entertaining
Aug 22, 2015 6:35 PM

Jul 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
kyled00m said:
Because it is not a harem anime. This will become clearer as the show continues. While I don't mind harem shows in general, I am very glad that this isn't a harem, it would demean it.
If a guy has a harem throughout the whole series... it's hard to not call it a harem anime....
    For reasons like this, I wish there were more descriptors... for example:
  • Main characters, supporting characters, Minor characters
  • Tags, sub-tags, minor-tags
In the Tag types, Harem would be a minor-tag for this series; that is to say it's there but not relevant for the series...

Of course, this system would make it harder for people, but I know plenty of active anime viewers who don't know that can tell me what an action, adventure, shoujo, shounen, etc anime is...
Aug 22, 2015 6:55 PM
Oct 2012
kyled00m said:
it's hard to not call it a harem anime....

Actually it is quite easy. Just because there are multiple female characters doesn't make it a harem. People are shipping characters that have no romantic interest in Itami.

Now I will say that the show does poke fun at the harem ideal, for example when he was recovering from being beaten, but none of the characters introduced there are part of Itami's harem. We are below the minimum level required for a harem.

Aug 22, 2015 9:32 PM

Jul 2014
Look, Pat, while i agree that Takuan uses a bit of agressive language, it doesnt mean hes wrong. Right now you are not ccoming up with any valid critisisms.

You are simply nitpicking at every little detail you can find. That is not real critique.

I have watched a lot of old anime, things like the macross series, battleship yamato, i know, what subtle is. Not every thing will be given to you clearly.

And yes, you may not like it that i say it, but you inded want spoon fed stories. Everything that we need to know is conveyed, either overtly or covertly.

No offense, but you just cannot show any deductive skills, you cant see the bigger picture and connect the dots.

You showed this by talking about this episode when talking about the pursuers. In the anime its clearly said by the trenchcoat guy "The guests have arrived" and "They all fell for it" . And they knew about all of this because the bus was a diversion (empty) and they took the subway.

Also anyone could deduct that there are more than 1 person on this. You have a thief that comes after rorys axe (coincidence, nah) you have someone that drives the car to block the trenchcoat detective from the bus, then you also have someone that stoped a subway and on top of that someone burned the assembly hall where Itamis group was going. They themselves know that there are more people, and more groups because it was said "all". If they only talked about one group the correct sentence wold be "They fell for it". "They all" implies more than 1 group.

Any person would then be able to deduce a very simple thing. Whoever is doing it, are professionals. They had multiple plans, used multiple resources and even managed to stop a subway. They have intel from japans government itself.

Now lets see, i will give you another chance to show us your deductive thinking. Who in japan could have professionals like these with a motive?

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
NTADAug 26, 2015 6:02 PM
Aug 22, 2015 10:33 PM

Jul 2015
Did I miss something? What was leaked? Was it just their location? Episode was 10/10 though.
Aug 22, 2015 10:49 PM

Mar 2013
The episode was amusing and real fun to watch. Had best moments in it in either way XD

But I still don't understand how Pina, Rory and others are able to communicate so well with the others. At one moment they need translator Lelei to communicate for them and the other moment they start understanding Japanese and are able to speak it themselves .-.
Aug 22, 2015 11:08 PM

Sep 2014
This anime keeps getting better and better. Started off feeling meh towards it but after the introduction of rory and the dragon fight it just keeps getting better
Aug 22, 2015 11:10 PM
Jul 2018
ANA1979 said:
Did I miss something? What was leaked? Was it just their location? Episode was 10/10 though.
Basically. I mean first the guy tries to block off the trenchcoat guy. Then hijacks the subway, then burns down an assembly hall (hotel) Itami's group was suppossed to be staying in, oh and a guy who just so happens to try to steal Rory's giant cloth wrapped thing that honestly no normal thief would try to pickpocket.

The signs are there.
Aug 23, 2015 1:16 AM
Jul 2015
FinalFlash18 said:
The episode was amusing and real fun to watch. Had best moments in it in either way XD

But I still don't understand how Pina, Rory and others are able to communicate so well with the others. At one moment they need translator Lelei to communicate for them and the other moment they start understanding Japanese and are able to speak it themselves .-.

The 2 people Pina was talking with supposedly had to learn "the other world's language" for political and diplomatic purposes.

Rory just suddenly learned Japanese because demigoddess.

Tuka did have Lelei translate if it wasn't immediately obvious what Lelei was doing beside her.
Aug 23, 2015 2:05 AM

Apr 2013
really good episode

in regards to rory's axe as was already mentioned it can be seen as a ceremonial weapon just like royals in our world will carry ceremonial swords to special occasions

itami has an ex-wife, huh
xSanoxAug 23, 2015 2:08 AM
Aug 23, 2015 2:13 AM
Aug 2008
Dextix said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

its also possible that you are over thinking this. its possible the author simply did not want to explain that .
Aug 23, 2015 2:25 AM

Jul 2014
Ah of course, if it isnt said directly it just doesnt exist? Right? Jesus, the excuses these people come up with....
Aug 23, 2015 3:45 AM
Jul 2015
orangpelupa said:

its also possible that you are over thinking this. its possible the author simply did not want to explain that .

I think that is what they were trying to say.

The author, or in this case, the studio, did not want to directly explain why. Instead, they gave subtle clues to the audience as to why the situation is so.

Whether or not you can spot these subtle clues and make a conclusion from them is down to your analytical intelligence (analytical thinking) as opposed to critical intelligence (critical thinking) which is what is used here in the forums when people argue their points of view.
Aug 23, 2015 4:04 AM

Dec 2012
Dextix said:
Look, Pat, while i agree that Takuan uses a bit of agressive language, it doesnt mean hes wrong. Right now you are not ccoming up with any valid critisisms.

You are simply nitpicking at every little detail you can find. That is not real critique.

I have watched a lot of old anime, things like the macross series, battleship yamato, i know, what subtle is. Not every thing will be given to you clearly.

And yes, you may not like it that i say it, but you inded want spoon fed stories. Everything that we need to know is conveyed, either overtly or covertly.

No offense, but you just cannot show any deductive skills, you cant see the bigger picture and connect the dots.

You showed this by talking about this episode when talking about the pursuers. In the anime its clearly said by the trenchcoat guy "The guests have arrived" and "They all fell for it" . And they knew about all of this because the bus was a diversion (empty) and they took the subway.

Also anyone could deduct that there are more than 1 person on this. You have a thief that comes after rorys axe (coincidence, nah) you have someone that drives the car to block the trenchcoat detective from the bus, then you also have someone that stoped a subway and on top of that someone burned the assembly hall where Itamis group was going. They themselves know that there are more people, and more groups because it was said "all". If they only talked about one group the correct sentence wold be "They fell for it". "They all" implies more than 1 group.

Any person would then be able to deduce a very simple thing. Whoever is doing it, are professionals. They had multiple plans, used multiple resources and even managed to stop a subway. They have intel from japans government itself.

Now lets see, i will give you another chance to show us your deductive thinking. Who in japan could have professionals like these with a motive?

I have provided so many arguments, but yet some of the fans like you simply do not accept it as an argument because you say so. That's it. A shame. I thought we could have an informative & civilize discussion.

Well those anime show are not famous because of how subtle they convey their information. How about something like GitS: SAC? Or maybe Baccano? Or maybe Now and Then, Here and There?

Information that's not even there to begin with is not subtle, it's vague. That's a bad writing. Because that kind of vagueness could led to plot hole or incoherent plot/writing.

Well, I was not saying it was only one person that pursued Itami & Co. I was saying that there's no clear indication that it was the work of other nation official government.

Probably the opposition party? Or maybe some kind of traitors inside the Japanese government? But the indications/clues simply did not lead to other nation.

xSanox said:
in regards to rory's axe as was already mentioned it can be seen as a ceremonial weapon just like royals in our world will carry ceremonial swords to special occasions

When was it stated?

ScoomKun said:
The 2 people Pina was talking with supposedly had to learn "the other world's language" for political and diplomatic purposes.

Rory just suddenly learned Japanese because demigoddess.

Tuka did have Lelei translate if it wasn't immediately obvious what Lelei was doing beside her.

I do not think that's the case. Pina was there with the other soldier, & that other soldier was probably working as the translator at that meeting. And for the rest, I agree with you.

Mod Edit: Merged double-post, edited quote and removed quote of deleted post.
NTADAug 26, 2015 6:08 PM
I like anime.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

186 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2015

291 by Shadized »»
Apr 14, 10:24 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

283 by Myetx »»
Mar 30, 1:27 AM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

188 by Strahan »»
Mar 24, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2015

436 by Rohanr »»
Mar 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.