Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
Yuki's face angles really gave me the chills
Hi there
Aug 20, 2015 11:06 AM

Sep 2012
Incubusknight said:
As a manga reader I can't wait for next week where we'll get to see what that key unlocks. >:)

I was really confused cause I thought that was Megumi's car keys....

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 20, 2015 11:12 AM

Jan 2015
Smudy said:
Calm episode, first half was strong.

Getting worried though by the posts here, we gonna skip important things?

they already skipped some important scenes (that don't affect to the story but are still character development) so we wouldn't be surprised if they are going to skip the next arc, i don't think it's the case here because is proabably the most important arc in the manga but i still didn't see nothing that foreshadowed it.
Aug 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Sep 2014
Liked the episode. Wonder if the letter is going to make somebody come to help them.

I miss the scenes with megu-nee, now we only hear yuki talking alone, it's so sad.
Aug 20, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
I liked this episode. First half was quite tense, second was very calm and that balloon scene was really touching and beautiful. Nice one.:)
Aug 20, 2015 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
I'm still not sure if this anime is about moe girls or zombie apocalypse.

Enjoyable episode, but still waiting for something that would blow my mind.
Aug 20, 2015 11:43 AM

Aug 2015

Me-GONE,you will always be in our hearts forever.

Calm episode, because in the following episodes, shit's about to happen right away I mean just looking at the OP, this show may get even darker as it goes by.
MizunashiAug 20, 2015 10:03 PM
Aug 20, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
Did someone else saw the knife in the Rii-san spot in the ending?

I'm new here, so I don't know how to put pictures, sorry :'c

P.D: Sorry for my bad english.
UnlikeGalaxyAug 20, 2015 9:40 PM

Aug 20, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2015
UnlikeGalaxy said:
...Next episode Zombie-nee? Could it be...

use to insert images :D
Aug 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
YoxalLoyal said:
Fun and sad episode this week. All them opening changes. Megu-nee. Learche, why you do this to me!!! :( Also, that ominous purple hue at the end of the opening does not sound good. That Yuki scene was very sad to watch. Lolz at Kurumi trying to catch the pigeon. The balloon launch scene was beautiful. Love how they kept the same ending song as last week. The feels!
Aug 20, 2015 12:03 PM

Jan 2012
I actually started tearing up near the end as the instrumental version of the opening played during the balloon release. I wonder what might happen tonally when you crossed zombie horror with cute girl slice of life. So far the tone has been rather somber, with occasional dips into full on despair.
Aug 20, 2015 12:21 PM

Oct 2014
No matter what, always have hope for the future :)
Aug 20, 2015 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, I guess this marks the end of the current arc, I wonder where they move this show next as I really don't have a clue.

Some forshadowing of Yuki getting rid of her delusions soon perhaps?

btw - what was written there towards the end of ED?
Aug 20, 2015 12:44 PM

May 2013
The opening finally revealed its trus colors. I would surprised if they'll change it again next time. The animation in the ED was beautiful omg.

I didn't told this last week but did they skipped
and dem Yuki's pain was real. Guys, since Lerche arranged the chapters in the anime, the most saddest part might be the conflict and climax in Episodes 9-11 something. And though it hurts me, Taroumarou guys.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 20, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2013
cant what for all the painful scenes that will come next :3
Aug 20, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2015
UnlikeGalaxy said:

You should learn how to put a spoiler tag... [spoiler*]bla bla bla[/spoiler*] without *
Aug 20, 2015 2:18 PM

Jun 2014
So much skipped scene... I just hope they won't skip that arc, or I will seriously drop this anime score. And for now it has a pretty respectable score for an adaptation since I am really really harsh with adaptations.
Aug 20, 2015 2:26 PM

May 2014
Omg.. they are cutting Mii-kun characterization so much ... thanks god that i read the manga ..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2015 2:26 PM

May 2014
SweetCoconut said:
The opening finally revealed its trus colors. I would surprised if they'll change it again next time. The animation in the ED was beautiful omg.

and dem Yuki's pain was real. Guys, since Lerche arranged the chapters in the anime, the most saddest part might be the conflict and climax in Episodes 9-11 something. And though it hurts me, Taroumarou guys.

Yes, they skipped ='/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2015 2:35 PM

May 2013
Lucasloco91 said:
SweetCoconut said:

Yes, they skipped ='/

Aww men
Aug 20, 2015 2:37 PM

May 2015
Megu-nee ;__;. Fantastic episode. Loved the instrumental version at the end, and that balloon scene was pretty damn great. Also, I think I'm in love with this ED.

Aug 20, 2015 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
Ok, is this episode another flashback? Since the scene where they deny Yuki a second udon serving really makes it feel like it is right after the mall episode, and not back in the present (consider episode 1 "the present"). I mean, they told her they only had a few stuff left after buying from the mall (or something like that), but if it was the present,t hey would have been to the mall AND the school store and still have more groceries? At least I think so.

Also, I think the way Yuki acted in front of the door... it seems like she is less delusional in the anime than in the manga, and more putting up a fake mask to keep others in high spirits... She knew WHERE to look for Megumi....and the words Megu-nee told her make it apparent that Yuki realizes she isn't really there anymore. Plus the way she changed before entering the club room again... That was a very strong scene, imo.

Still, 5 episodes to go and so many important things left out... I see little hints planted here and there in the episode, but I am still a tiny bit nervous that there are only a few episodes left and I don't know if it's possible to cramp everything that still needs to be shown in them. I mean, I guess there is, but I just hope it doesn't turn into a flood of information and action... the way the show progresses seems to confuse people enough as it is.

Also, the fact that they decided not to translate what was written on the other side of that key's tag made me quite upset. What gives? >3<

p.s. the new ending was kind of scary...how everyone was gone :c
and the opening... ugh

depressing :/

<3?

Aug 20, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2015
SweetCoconut said:
Lucasloco91 said:

Yes, they skipped ='/

Aww men
Lucasloco91 said:
Omg.. they are cutting Mii-kun characterization so much ... thanks god that i read the manga ..

Oh guys, you didn't understand. They putted miki at the beginning because they knew were gonna skip some characterization for her, so, for fill the skipped scenes, they introduced her at the first episode. Probably.
Aug 20, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2010
LoveChild said:
Ok, is this episode another flashback? Since the scene where they deny Yuki a second udon serving really makes it feel like it is right after the mall episode, and not back in the present (consider episode 1 "the present"). I mean, they told her they only had a few stuff left after buying from the mall (or something like that), but if it was the present,t hey would have been to the mall AND the school store and still have more groceries? At least I think so.

Though it felt like a flashback for Miki, I think the events took place after episode 3, considering how Miki had her little flashback narration at the end there and they showed the girls in the tent (referring to the second half of episode 3). Also, it most definitely occurred after episode 2 since that was when Yuki got the balloons.
Aug 20, 2015 3:30 PM

Oct 2014

Perfection :3
Aug 20, 2015 3:41 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, there are so many people I would love to quote but I gotta use tons of spoilers and I am already pissed off those comments so I won't because I totally would start using some swear words.

Just this much:

They aren't skipping things, they are REARRANGING IT! You know, put some stuff before other stuff to change the feeling/create different situations. Just like how they put Miki into the first epiosde and told her background story via flashback then show only three girls at the first episode and have Miki only show up at epiosde 3-4 to get rescued.
Or how they changed Kei's chara and Miki's chara as they had to do as they cannot use everything of the manga for 12 episodes. Cut out the not so incredible important stuff and replace it with different solutions/situations and voila suddenly we have an Anime version Miki who is who she is because she never experienced the same things as Manga Miki did.
That's all that is to there.

And stop writing about the manga here all the time, just create your own "Anime-Manga comparison ATTENTION SPOILERS" threat about every little thing that "supposley" didn't made it into the Anime!

So keep calm and Gurashi on, okay? :)
Aug 20, 2015 3:57 PM

Oct 2013
Does anyone know what the letter is that Miki and Yuki are reading at the beginning? An Account of My Hut?

Another sad and sentimental episode. I try and imagine how I would feel in the same situation - almost everyone I've ever known being dead or worse.

The ed is excellent.
Aug 20, 2015 4:20 PM

Jan 2015
Shrimperor said:

Perfection :3

Oh lol, i remember this. I've watched this some weeks ago.

YoxalLoyal said:
LoveChild said:

Though it felt like a flashback for Miki, I think the events took place after episode 3, considering how Miki had her little flashback narration at the end there and they showed the girls in the tent (referring to the second half of episode 3). Also, it most definitely occurred after episode 2 since that was when Yuki got the balloons.

Oh, so it's not just me that thought that this was a flashback, but i am not really sure. So i still think that this episode takes part after episode 2.
Aug 20, 2015 4:48 PM

Aug 2014
Well that was uneventful.

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Aug 20, 2015 5:03 PM

Sep 2014
why is thERE A KNIFE IN THE CHAIR!?!?!?!
Aug 20, 2015 5:24 PM

Apr 2014
Am I suppose to feel sorry/sad for Yuki? Nah, I feel sad for Megumi...why did she have to die and why can't it be Yuki who die? haha
Oh well, that's something.
Aug 20, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, the girls are really cute, and the plot is fun at some points and exciting in others, want to see a little more drama in the anime, I look forward to continue watching ..
Aug 20, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2014
James_Rye said:

They aren't skipping things, they are REARRANGING IT! You know, put some stuff before other stuff to change the feeling/create different situations.

And stop writing about the manga here all the time, just create your own "Anime-Manga comparison ATTENTION SPOILERS" threat about every little thing that "supposedly" didn't made it into the Anime!

Will you marry me? Oh wait, I'm already married.

Well, in that case I'll just tell you how awesome you are voicing what I've been thinking for weeks. I've been spoiled repeated with this show because people seem to want to ignore MAL's message asking them NOT to discuss the manga in anime episode threads. And the complaints about every little change is becoming grating.
Aug 20, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2014
redtailrav said:
Does anyone know what the letter is that Miki and Yuki are reading at the beginning? An Account of My Hut?

It's a piece of classic Japanese literature written by a man who becomes a hermit and Buddhist monk in his middle age. He reflects on the state of impermanence in a world filled with terrible disaster.
Aug 20, 2015 6:29 PM

Apr 2014

ryuuko, satsuki and mako ??
Aug 20, 2015 6:29 PM
Sep 2014
Incubusknight said:
Ending theme change was nice too, and this particular picture is ominous.

Not really. The room is littered with cherry blossom petals. Cherry blossoms bloom around March to April, which is also when graduation ceremonies take place in Japan. In other words, it's hinting toward chapter 30.

Drake1000 said:
More importantly where is this scene

It seems like they're going with the approach that Yuki is completely delusional.

It doesn't fit with Miki's characterisation in the anime. She was kind of a jerk in the manga, so it made sense for her to be confrontational, but since her personality's been changed in the anime it'd clash.
Aug 20, 2015 6:30 PM
May 2013
what i think so far;

leader of the club is hiding something. she looked pretty dam pissed when the new girl didnt wanna make see meguni as a real person. she did ''you just dont see it yet.'' the shovel girl said it was to make the 'good times' come back, but idk- seems fishy

girl with the shovel knows what she's plotting, but is more like a subordinate who follows along. im guessing she isnt gonna die

not sure whats gonna happens to yuki??? im thinking she might die

they made a big deal about that key- what is it for? locker? whats hidden in there

telling you all, mirai nikki did the same thing. full 180degrees on everyone.

i bet this series will do the same. something big is happening behind the scenes im thinking.

so far 8.4/10
anime_master111Aug 20, 2015 6:45 PM
Aug 20, 2015 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
AnnaSartin said:
James_Rye said:

They aren't skipping things, they are REARRANGING IT! You know, put some stuff before other stuff to change the feeling/create different situations.

And stop writing about the manga here all the time, just create your own "Anime-Manga comparison ATTENTION SPOILERS" threat about every little thing that "supposedly" didn't made it into the Anime!

Well, in that case I'll just tell you how awesome you are voicing what I've been thinking for weeks. I've been spoiled repeated with this show because people seem to want to ignore MAL's message asking them NOT to discuss the manga in anime episode threads. And the complaints about every little change is becoming grating.

pretty much my feels as well by all means feel free to lose your shit if by the end of the show a ton of stuff has been skipped but for now just chill out people.

sad but relaxing episode with quite a bit of foreshadowing,was hoping when they were planning on writing letter for one of them to be some sort of call for help which seems to be what was tied to the pigeons leg.

ending didn't help was depressing as hell just because i feel some real bad stuff is gonna happen
Aug 20, 2015 7:44 PM

Mar 2009
The ending scene with the balloons and letters gave me the feels. I hope that one letter reaches Kei, but at this point, she's probably a zombie. :(
Aug 20, 2015 7:46 PM
Sep 2014
katsu044 said:
sad but relaxing episode with quite a bit of foreshadowing,was hoping when they were planning on writing letter for one of them to be some sort of call for help which seems to be what was tied to the pigeons leg.

ending didn't help was depressing as hell just because i feel some real bad stuff is gonna happen

Yuuri's "letter" was supposed to contain the exact coordinates of the school building so rescuers will know where to look.

You don't know the half of it. :p
Aug 20, 2015 8:08 PM

Aug 2015
James_Rye said:

They aren't skipping things, they are REARRANGING IT!

FINALLY,someone who has the balls finally said it. I'm sick with all the complaints on this adaptation, like seriously chill the fuck out and WAIT.
Aug 20, 2015 8:36 PM
Jan 2012
James_Rye said:
Wow, there are so many people I would love to quote but I gotta use tons of spoilers and I am already pissed off those comments so I won't because I totally would start using some swear words.

Just this much:

They aren't skipping things, they are REARRANGING IT! You know, put some stuff before other stuff to change the feeling/create different situations. Just like how they put Miki into the first epiosde and told her background story via flashback then show only three girls at the first episode and have Miki only show up at epiosde 3-4 to get rescued.
Or how they changed Kei's chara and Miki's chara as they had to do as they cannot use everything of the manga for 12 episodes. Cut out the not so incredible important stuff and replace it with different solutions/situations and voila suddenly we have an Anime version Miki who is who she is because she never experienced the same things as Manga Miki did.
That's all that is to there.

And stop writing about the manga here all the time, just create your own "Anime-Manga comparison ATTENTION SPOILERS" threat about every little thing that "supposley" didn't made it into the Anime!

This, just this. Read it complainer, and spoiler people.

Prediction (Spoiler, I'm a manga reader)
Aug 20, 2015 8:39 PM

May 2013
Xenocrisi said:
SweetCoconut said:

Aww men
Lucasloco91 said:

Oh guys, you didn't understand. They putted miki at the beginning because they knew were gonna skip some characterization for her, so, for fill the skipped scenes, they introduced her at the first episode. Probably.

Kurumi.
Aug 20, 2015 9:45 PM

Aug 2014
Am I hearing things or Yuki was humming the ED of Ping Pong?! Heh, it was probably just a similar song...

(if anyone is willing to check that out for me, it was around 10:15~11:00 of the episode).
Aug 20, 2015 9:47 PM

Jun 2013
they burried her in the same soil the grow vegetables in? isn't that risky? and her delusions will bring them to ruin
Aug 20, 2015 9:54 PM

Aug 2013
For some reason I feel like Yuuri is the most dangerous character in the show.

She puts on the big sister act and is all warm, but you can still feel the tension between her, and Miki who is the realist.

It almost seems like Yuuri is so dependent on keeping Yuki delusional for the sake of "peace" that she would stop at nothing to keep it that way.

I could totally imagine Miki being fed up with it and determined to snap Yuki out of it and then Yuuri just kills her and hides her body or some shit.

I keep seeing all these dark ass spoilers and I'm waiting for all of this shit to actually happen lol.
Aug 20, 2015 9:56 PM

Aug 2015
SweetCoconut said:
Xenocrisi said:

Kurumi.
MizunashiAug 20, 2015 10:02 PM
Aug 20, 2015 10:24 PM

Feb 2013
Good lord this anime.....I'm definitely going to have to read the Manga for this one as well.....it's just too fucking awesome.

I still don't know how they can ride out the balance of cute and sad/depressing/horror as well as they are doing it.
Aug 20, 2015 11:41 PM

Oct 2011
Megu nee T___T

Writing letters for the future and hope

Was that door that Megu-nee died the same door leading to the roof/gardening club?
Aug 21, 2015 12:04 AM

Jul 2009
YoxalLoyal said:
Also, it most definitely occurred after episode 2 since that was when Yuki got the balloons.

wow, I completely forgot about that, thanks...
Then I stamp that part of the narration as "done poorly" xD

James_Rye said:
They aren't skipping things, they are REARRANGING IT!

11/10 will laugh for days.
are we even watching the same anime?

p.s. There is plenty of things they could have done differently and fit more content into the anime, so don't give me the "couldn't fit it all" bullshit excuse

AnnaSartin said:
James_Rye said:

then maybe stop opening the spoilers!?????????????
what exactly do you expect to find in them, pots of gold?

Axlz said:
James_Rye said:

This, just this. Read it complainer, and spoiler people.

Prediction (Spoiler, I'm a manga reader)

I love how you "omfg, finally, yes, i 100000000000000% agree with it"
and then go and put a spoiler, altho they also ranted about this.
kek
LoveChildAug 21, 2015 12:13 AM

<3?

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkou Gurashi! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

289 by PahLevia »»
Feb 16, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.