Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 19, 2015 8:59 PM

Apr 2010
Started watching this the other day and it's pretty good so far actually.

The only thing that's dragging it down is that stupid pig. Is he just going to be one of those cliché mascot characters with a cutesy voice that only ever shouts every other line and does nothing else besides that?

So far all it's really done is shout or squeal when something bad is happening around it.

He seems like he's going to be like Chopper except without being useful of Happy except without being funny.
Aug 19, 2015 10:11 PM

Mar 2014
If you think Happy is funnier than Hawk than it's impossible for me to explain why the pig is not ruining the show.
Aug 19, 2015 11:01 PM

Apr 2010
Well Happy is at least funny at times. Hawk is never funny.

Unless you count the times when the absent minded hero does something stupid or wrong and then the pig shouts at him for it...which still isn't funny because 1) again he's just shouting and 2) it's basically One Piece humour.
Aug 19, 2015 11:08 PM

Apr 2014
Dude, it's just a side character chill.
Aug 19, 2015 11:15 PM

Dec 2013
Get over it because he isn't going anywhere
Sep 1, 2015 2:32 AM

Apr 2010
Well thankfully his role did diminish over time so it wasn't so bad.

Still an awful character, didn't do anything until the last episode, all it did was scream and shout and for some reason make a sound effect when it ran.

It was disappointing that he didn't die in the end but overall it was a very good anime just could have done without this loser.
Sep 17, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
no the pig is awesome
Sep 17, 2015 12:59 PM

Sep 2015
Hisio said:
no the pig is awesome

simply the best character
Sep 17, 2015 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
Hawk is an okay character. He is annoying at times (mostly because his voice), but it isn't as bad as the typically annoying characters. I didn't find him too funny. Happy at least trolled Erza in a epic way, Hawk only shouts when the characters are doing ridiculous things, and that's all.
Sep 17, 2015 4:26 PM

Jan 2014
Did you miss his Rolling Ham Attack? That's on you.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 17, 2015 4:42 PM

Sep 2013
It's a talking pig, what did you expect? He attacks a couple of times but he's barely the focus. Also, he's cute.
Sep 18, 2015 9:50 AM

Sep 2010
Hisio said:
no the pig is awesome

Enough said
Sep 18, 2015 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
just a pig. anyways by having him, the boat hat inn(his mother) exists so chill.
Sep 18, 2015 9:54 AM

Aug 2014
He ain't a main character.
Sep 26, 2015 11:36 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah he was sorta pushed aside once the other sins came into it. He is a horrendous character no doubt about that but it didn't effect the show in a bad way or anything by the end of it.
Sep 26, 2015 11:50 PM

Dec 2014
Hisio said:
no the pig is awesome

Join reddit r/anime community!
Sep 27, 2015 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
Yea, and the fat guy too
Jun 17, 2016 4:17 PM

Feb 2014
I disagree, he is the best part of the show.
Sep 30, 2016 5:40 PM
May 2015
Lol pls.
He's the only good character of this shit.
Nov 12, 2016 7:34 AM

Apr 2010
No he was probably the only terrible character on the show. The show had a pretty good cast all around except for that shoehorned in mascot character who was trying to be a wannabe Happy/Chopper.
Nov 18, 2016 5:54 AM
May 2016
Hawk is the OG of this show the hell you talking about ?
Nov 18, 2016 6:00 AM

Apr 2010
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:

I'm talking about him being a cliche cutesy mascot character that was the worst character of the series by far.
Nov 18, 2016 6:06 AM
May 2016
scabab said:
M0HAMEDGAMERX1 said:

I'm talking about him being a cliche cutesy mascot character that was the worst character of the series by far.

well to me atleast he was a pretty good comic relief and he is one of the funniest characters in the show
the only down side i would say is he voice but that also didn't bother me much
Nov 18, 2016 7:44 AM

Feb 2015
I didn't mind him at all. Not the best "mascot" or comic relief character I've seen in an anime, but he was pretty OK, in my opinion.
Nov 23, 2016 6:11 PM
Mar 2015
Wtf, Hawk is one of my favorite characters! It might just be because I really like pigs lol. And I might have a weird taste in characters, for example I absolutely despise Tama from final fantasy because of her always saying "the" before verbs.
Nov 24, 2016 3:41 AM

Jul 2013
Hawk is the best character in the show.
Jan 1, 2017 5:50 AM

Dec 2015
Actually he's the best part of the show.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 2, 2017 1:14 AM

Apr 2010
No he isn't. The show has many good things going for it, the cliché cutesy annoying mascot is not one of things.
Feb 8, 2017 8:50 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, the pig is awesome, get over it. Hawk is the Master.
Why are you so topsy-turvy about Master being a cliche? Is not like every shonen out there has this type of mascot, oh wait...
Feb 10, 2017 4:48 PM

Jul 2009
I agree with you completely, scabab. Worst part of the show, though I think even without him the series is pretty average regardless.
Mar 11, 2017 10:50 AM
Jun 2009
hawk was actually written in very well and was given an appropriate decrease in screen time as the series evolved.

you can say you didn't like the character all you want but to claim the character is the worst part of the show is just flat out wrong.
Jul 24, 2017 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
Hawk is the ironic comic relief mascot and he's the funniest I've seen yet. I love how outrageous he is and the look on everyone's face when they hear him make off the wall statements.

The interactions between Ban and Hawk are my particular favorites. So I don't think Hawk is ruining the show. I think he is another aspect that makes it wonderful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2017 4:02 PM
Jun 2017
Calling Hawk cutesy is beyond moronic. You've made a stupid post after watching 5 minutes of the show and came here to spill nonsense. No matter how much you repeat yourself, you won't prove your point. Hawk is nothing like Happy. He's important to the plot on various ocasions while Happy is just a comic relief in FT.
Sep 25, 2017 9:30 PM

Apr 2010
Aplope said:
Calling Hawk cutesy is beyond moronic. You've made a stupid post after watching 5 minutes of the show and came here to spill nonsense. No matter how much you repeat yourself, you won't prove your point. Hawk is nothing like Happy. He's important to the plot on various ocasions while Happy is just a comic relief in FT.

Sorry but you are completely wrong, I have seen the entire series and he was still a terrible character that brought the show down.

He was obviously made to be another cutesy mascot character, one with a cute little pig design who makes cute little noises when he runs for some unknown reason.

Aside from dying which gave Meliodas a power boost. He has no importance to this story whatsoever. He even had to ruin that by turning up alive later.
Sep 26, 2017 9:37 AM
Jun 2017
scabab said:
Aplope said:

Sorry but you are completely wrong, I have seen the entire series and he was still a terrible character that brought the show down.

He was obviously made to be another cutesy mascot character, one with a cute little pig design who makes cute little noises when he runs for some unknown reason.

Aside from dying which gave Meliodas a power boost. He has no importance to this story whatsoever. He even had to ruin that by turning up alive later.

Cutesy mascot... Shitting blood or eating trash doesn't qualify on my book as being cute. Surely, no importance... Responsible for freeing Elizabeth, saving Meliodes and so much more. Find some other arguments cause these ones are nonsense.
Sep 26, 2017 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
Aplope said:
Cutesy mascot... Shitting blood or eating trash doesn't qualify on my book as being cute. Surely, no importance... Responsible for freeing Elizabeth, saving Meliodes and so much more. Find some other arguments cause these ones are nonsense.

When did he ever shit blood? There's no debate here he is a cutesy mascot character, he's a small, colourful, little animal which was made even smaller at one point, with a cutesy voice who makes cutesy noises. He is the merchandise character that is the equivalent of Chopper or Happy.

The things you mentioned, the entire two things, weren't important, they were just something that he did.

The character is not funny, he's not interesting, he's not cool and he's not worthwhile. He's a shit character in an otherwise great anime.
Sep 30, 2017 11:55 AM
Jun 2017
scabab said:
Aplope said:

When did he ever shit blood? There's no debate here he is a cutesy mascot character, he's a small, colourful, little animal which was made even smaller at one point, with a cutesy voice who makes cutesy noises. He is the merchandise character that is the equivalent of Chopper or Happy.

The things you mentioned, the entire two things, weren't important, they were just something that he did.

The character is not funny, he's not interesting, he's not cool and he's not worthwhile. He's a shit character in an otherwise great anime.

When he broke Liz out of prison... And if he's small I'm an astronaut... How many times did he carry someone on his back? Be serious...

Saving Meliodas not important... Again, your not giving any serious argument.
Sep 30, 2017 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
It's a stupid mascot character that gets (for most of the time) sweeped under the rug after a while.

Otherwise it's a perfectly fine series.
Sep 30, 2017 12:07 PM

Apr 2010
Aplope said:
scabab said:

When he broke Liz out of prison... And if he's small I'm an astronaut... How many times did he carry someone on his back? Be serious...

And as I said, he saved Meliodas and that was about it. Breaking Elizabeth out of prison does not make him important.

After he died and was resurrected he was tiny, small enough that he could fit in the palm of a persons hand so yes he was small and yes you are an astronaut.

Have you even watched the whole thing?
Sep 30, 2017 6:17 PM
Jun 2017
scabab said:
Aplope said:

And as I said, he saved Meliodas and that was about it. Breaking Elizabeth out of prison does not make him important.

After he died and was resurrected he was tiny, small enough that he could fit in the palm of a persons hand so yes he was small and yes you are an astronaut.

Have you even watched the whole thing?

That was the frikin final episode... Are you kidding me? Also, you said he was small, then smaller, implying that in his original state was already small. Turning the blind eye doesn't work with me...

Breakink Liz out of prison unchained a series of very important events... The sister, the father,... The parts with Ban, later, which led him to mediate between meliodas and the immortal... He's literally crucial for the story. His decisions affect the world.
Oct 1, 2017 3:08 AM

Apr 2010
Aplope said:
That was the frikin final episode... Are you kidding me? Also, you said he was small, then smaller, implying that in his original state was already small. Turning the blind eye doesn't work with me...

Breakink Liz out of prison unchained a series of very important events... The sister, the father,... The parts with Ban, later, which led him to mediate between meliodas and the immortal... He's literally crucial for the story. His decisions affect the world.

That's irrelevant, he was made tiny because of the cute factor because that's why the character is there. Yes he was small even before this being that he was a couple feet tall.

Breaking Elizabeth out of prison does not make him important. The things that happened afterwards that it led to with other characters is what made them important. Any other character could have broken Elizabeth out of prison and the story's main events would have still played out the same.

Hawk is only there for merchandising reasons. He is an awful and pointless character that exists to sell plush toys to young children.
Dec 11, 2018 1:38 PM

May 2016
Dude, it's just a side character chill.

Hawk is alright to me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2015

328 by dianA6789 »»
Mar 5, 4:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.