Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 29, 2016 4:22 AM

Apr 2010
Tensho said:
LordVitaly said:

Okay, you will improve the quality of these articles, but there will still be these “your article sucks, you suck, go die” comments. What will you do with them?

They'll be moderated? Whether that's by forum or review/rec or some other mods I wouldn't know.

Ah, more work for mods. That answers my question, thanks.
Apr 29, 2016 4:25 AM

Sep 2009
Can we just get rid of all the horrible listing articles? Seriously, who hired these idiots?
At the very least, make a policy against listing articles.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 29, 2016 4:33 AM

Apr 2010
MortalMelancholy said:
Seriously, who hired these idiots?

http://dena.com/intl/

I wouldn’t say that they all are idiots; their team does have some talented exemplars.
Apr 29, 2016 5:01 AM

Sep 2009
LordVitaly said:
MortalMelancholy said:
Seriously, who hired these idiots?

http://dena.com/intl/

I wouldn’t say that they all are idiots; their team does have some talented exemplars.

Yup. The idiots ruin it for everybody else. Ahh shit, I must've missed when MAL got sold to dem crazy Japs.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 29, 2016 5:02 AM
Apr 2013
I agree with anything that gives our mods more work to do.
Apr 29, 2016 1:19 PM

Mar 2010
I haven't read any in months :O but I still think this would be cool.

Of course it would be optional.. I think this has become obligatory to the point I don't need to mention it..........
but there are users and devs that take things at face value and don't think shit through. So thats why I need to always fucking mention "optional" in every God damn suggestion in order to not confuse anyone.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 15, 2019 8:22 AM

Jun 2015
Sounds like a great idea. Too bad our Overlord DeNa would never allow it.
Read Toriko!
Jul 15, 2019 1:24 PM

Feb 2017
phantom346 said:

MAL is owned by Media Do now. Source. So hopefully they take user's input seriously.

Just some guy who likes anime

Jul 15, 2019 9:04 PM

Jun 2015
Vivator said:
phantom346 said:

MAL is owned by Media Do now. Source. So hopefully they take user's input seriously.
When did that happen??
Read Toriko!
Jul 15, 2019 9:48 PM

Feb 2017
phantom346 said:
When did that happen??

January 15th was the announcement. Read the source I sent. The latest MAL Announcement about the maintenance also says that they're still in a transition period and will not do any drastic changes anytime soon but they're going to work on the API first (and finally restore apps related to MAL).

Just some guy who likes anime

Jul 16, 2019 2:30 AM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Vivator said:
phantom346 said:

The featured articles section is basically dead at the moment aside from what I'm doing with it personally to at least keep it breathing. A revamp is in the pipeline and has been for quite some time (but I have no idea how far away, it's naturally a low priority compared to things like the manga DB). I have a specific list of improvements and new features that I want and a comments section is one of the key items. So yes, it should be a thing in the future.
Jul 16, 2019 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
Shymander said:
Vivator said:

The featured articles section is basically dead at the moment aside from what I'm doing with it personally to at least keep it breathing. A revamp is in the pipeline and has been for quite some time (but I have no idea how far away, it's naturally a low priority compared to things like the manga DB). I have a specific list of improvements and new features that I want and a comments section is one of the key items. So yes, it should be a thing in the future.
THANK YOU!!! I can't believe i got a real response. I look forward to it. The comment section is the real lifeblood of any community driven site. It sucs that it took so long. <3
Read Toriko!
Jul 16, 2019 4:18 PM

Jun 2017
Shymander said:

Can't we have alternative ways like MAL Articles Club discussions but for all articles?

@Shymander Thanks, though myself don't think want to feedback for recent ones at least... And a new board sounds not bad
mhkrJul 17, 2019 2:34 AM
Jul 16, 2019 6:03 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
mhkr said:
Shymander said:

Can't we have alternative ways like MAL Articles Club discussions but for all articles?

I was the one who originally implemented that when the club was running, but they were actually rarely used and it was rather inconvenient both for us and the user. Since I'm the only one writing at the moment aside from our seasonal premiere articles, you can use profile comments for feedback as several people have already (which I gladly accept provided it's not toxic blither).

In the future, I'm assuming (and kinda wanting) featured article comments to be like what news has: a Featured Articles Discussion section on the forum page and a link to that at the top of the article. I doubt that it would be implemented retroactively though, and I don't think it would be a good idea anyway.
Jul 16, 2019 7:26 PM

Jun 2015
Shymander said:
mhkr said:

I was the one who originally implemented that when the club was running, but they were actually rarely used and it was rather inconvenient both for us and the user. Since I'm the only one writing at the moment aside from our seasonal premiere articles, you can use profile comments for feedback as several people have already (which I gladly accept provided it's not toxic blither).

In the future, I'm assuming (and kinda wanting) featured article comments to be like what news has: a Featured Articles Discussion section on the forum page and a link to that at the top of the article. I doubt that it would be implemented retroactively though, and I don't think it would be a good idea anyway.
How does one become a writer? I would be happy to contribute.
Read Toriko!
Jul 17, 2019 6:08 AM

Oct 2015
phantom346 said:
Shymander said:

How does one become a writer? I would be happy to contribute.
Check the club he/she linked
Jul 30, 2019 2:52 PM
May 2016
Yes my dude! I was very confused when I read the interview of the voice actress that plays Slime in that new anime and couldn't say anything -_-
Jul 30, 2019 6:21 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
Katie4478 said:
Yes my dude! I was very confused when I read the interview of the voice actress that plays Slime in that new anime and couldn't say anything -_-

That's in the News section, not the Featured Articles section. You can comment on posts there by clicking on the link that says "# Comments". Here's the comment thread for that specific article: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1794625
Jul 30, 2019 6:23 PM
May 2016
Shymander said:
Katie4478 said:

That's in the News section, not the Featured Articles section. You can comment on posts there by clicking on the link that says "# Comments". Here's the comment thread for that specific article: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1794625

Wowwwwwwww thank you my mind has been blown :3
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
3 hours ago

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.