Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2015 6:12 PM

Aug 2014
derprume said:
I am surprised our MC is still alive after so much blood loss and not to mention a sure severed spinal cord...

He seems to have healing powers.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 16, 2015 6:35 PM

Jan 2015
Pfft Soma kicking Lenka like that is that a way of showing him that he knows how it feels :/

i liked how the Black Vajra devoured the other Vajra's that were about to kill everyone damn that Black Vajra killed them as if they were nothing ..

At some point Lenka tried to absorb The Beast withing his God Arc, I think so that he could boost his power as a human but The Mutated Black Vajra easily took care of his God Arc. He witnessed everyone's death, he must've felt helpless since he was pinned down by The Creatures Tail ..

This episode was really good ..
Aug 16, 2015 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
Each episode is getting even more interesting! I'm so exciting for this story! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Aug 16, 2015 7:13 PM

May 2012
PoopPoop said:
For everyone saying this anime has no plot into the 5th episode. Keep in mind that it's a different type of plot than let's say, Fate series, where you get the plot the very first episode. This is more of an anime where the plot unfolds itself the further you get into it.

To be fair, that's kinda what plot means. The plot of the story is supposed to unfold as it goes along. Plot is the sequence of events in a story or "the main events in a story", for some reason people on MAL seem to confuse plot with other things. In the case of Fate, they confuse it with what you would call a form of setting aka "the holy grail war." The Fate series is not about the war, it's about
What the actual plot of the story is, is different depending on the route.
UBW Spoilers

KamiCityAug 16, 2015 7:17 PM
Aug 16, 2015 7:51 PM

Apr 2015
geralt said:
The fact that the black Vajra had so many chances to kill the main characters, but every time it had the opportunity to do so it just changed to a different prey was a bit ridiculous, especially because it kept massacring the random people who were simply running away.
Even the scene where Kota is hesitating to shoot seemed very poorly thought out. Sakuya literally gave him an encouraging speech in the middle of the battle and the Vajra conveniently didn't do anything in the meantime.
These kind of things prevented me from feeling fully invested in the tension of the situation.

Still, I can't commend enough the ost in general and especially the soundtrack that played towards the end of the episode. Simply beautiful.

If it makes ya see it in a different way. The Black Vajra knew it had plenty of chances, but if you rewatch the episode I think you'll notice that it was "playing with it's food." Like how it could have killed off Lenka already but wanted to send him into even more despair by destroying each of his hopes one by one.
Aug 16, 2015 8:27 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
That cliffhanger though. xD Nice episode! Hope it gets better and better.
Aug 16, 2015 8:28 PM

Jun 2014
Sakuya wearin dat Google Glass.
Alisa showin a ton more underboob.

Okay Lenka just got destroyed by that thing. How the fuck was he able to get back up from that and carry Alisa? it shouldve been Alisa dragging Lenka..
Aug 16, 2015 8:37 PM

Aug 2014
Dem troll credits
Aug 16, 2015 8:48 PM

May 2014
cant wait 2 weeks.
Aug 16, 2015 9:04 PM

Jan 2011
first time this show had a remotely interesting episode for me,mainly for the fact the Black Vajra was just toying with them smiling under that beard of his

was ready for MC to die right after being impaled but you know plot reasons that didn't happen.
Aug 16, 2015 9:14 PM

Jan 2014
So much blood! I really got a feel for the Black Vajra's sinister intelligence when it smiled, and how petrified Lenka's team was in front of it. Alisa was pretty badass, chomping on a handful of pills and going after it.

This episode was just incredible, and the haunting ending by GHOST ORACLE DRIVE (Human After All) was matched perfectly for such a bleak scene. Best episode by far.
GanbatteBakemonoAug 16, 2015 9:18 PM
Aug 16, 2015 10:08 PM
Apr 2015
My, what an intense episode. The black Vajra is so OP!

Unlike the other Vajras, the black one is moving faster than a bird, and seems to be much stronger than the God Arcs. Nothing Lenka and others did matter at all.

OST is extremely well done. The last three episodes show what ufotable is capable of - excellence.
Aug 16, 2015 10:48 PM

May 2012
well shit... not exactly sure what to expect next week, hoping they dont cop and and give lenka or alisa some random ass pull power or something... even though lenka is showing signs of something like that... we shall see

hz said:
This episode nearly made me drop the series. The artwork was extremely bland compared to the past episodes. The animation was choppy and just awful overall. Music was low-quality, repetitive, and boring. Alisa's tits are the only reason why I haven't dropped this shit yet.

and this lol, "i watch anime for animation, music, artwork and boobs..." thats literally almost the least important parts lol
Aug 16, 2015 10:57 PM
Jul 2007
hz said:
This episode nearly made me drop the series. The artwork was extremely bland compared to the past episodes. The animation was choppy and just awful overall. Music was low-quality, repetitive, and boring. Alisa's tits are the only reason why I haven't dropped this shit yet.

You must be trolling...choppy animation...seriously? This was the best animated episode yet, and I don't care if you don't agree with me. That was a beautifully animated fight sequence that tops a lot of past anime. I did find Lenka walking and carrying Alisa to be a bit ridiculous after all the injuries he took. I hope they provide a good explanation as to why he can still persist despite getting mortally stabbed and sliced like that.
Aug 16, 2015 11:10 PM
Jul 2015
Im surprised because all of te hate this series is getting.
Its a videogame adaptation people..The mechanics of the game itself didnt allow much for plot development and even then the authors have done a pretty good job creating a story out of it.
Just because the characters dont go apeshit over every little thing that happens or dont go around revealing all of their past to the single person that asks them doesnt mean they are poorly written or bland.. they are just like real people. Also, if you see the way Lenka gets stabbed, you can see that it is parallel to the disposition of the spine, not the spine itself, if it was in a transverse fashion it would be impossible for him to move... Now.. the way the pheriphereal nervios system goes from the spine to the muscles may allow him to move since he was stabbed between the rammifications of the lumbar plexus.. So.. even though its far fetched, he could still walk because of the place he was stabbed and not through some "anime magic" shit (besides, we dont know how the oracle cells affect the anatomy of the body). Lastly, he was stabbed in the gut. And when you are doing extreme activities (like killing fucking aragamis) the body lowers the blood supply to the gastric system in order to supply blood to the brain and extremities.. so we could´ve seen that much blood because of the pressure (high heart rate) and not because of the volume..Its easier to die from a small wound in your leg than a large one in your gut. Thank you for taking your time to read.
Aug 16, 2015 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
Felt every scene. Dat blood and everything. Even Lenka getting stabbed HOLY 0_________________________0
Aug 16, 2015 11:50 PM

Aug 2012
Brutal episode
Aug 16, 2015 11:58 PM
Jul 2014
SiegLowe said:
Its a videogame adaptation people..The mechanics of the game itself didnt allow much for plot development and even then the authors have done a pretty good job creating a story out of it.
Just because the characters dont go apeshit over every little thing that happens or dont go around revealing all of their past to the single person that asks them doesnt mean they are poorly written or bland.. they are just like real people. Also, if you see the way Lenka gets stabbed, you can see that it is parallel to the disposition of the spine, not the spine itself, if it was in a transverse fashion it would be impossible for him to move... Now.. the way the pheriphereal nervios system goes from the spine to the muscles may allow him to move since he was stabbed between the rammifications of the lumbar plexus.. So.. even though its far fetched, he could still walk because of the place he was stabbed and not through some "anime magic" shit (besides, we dont know how the oracle cells affect the anatomy of the body). Lastly, he was stabbed in the gut. And when you are doing extreme activities (like killing fucking aragamis) the body lowers the blood supply to the gastric system in order to supply blood to the brain and extremities.. so we could´ve seen that much blood because of the pressure (high heart rate) and not because of the volume..Its easier to die from a small wound in your leg than a large one in your gut. Thank you for taking your time to read.

^^this so much
If you have strong blood put into needle and inject into someone else and you will be able to control them.
Aug 16, 2015 11:59 PM
Jul 2014
hz said:

Troll?
If you have strong blood put into needle and inject into someone else and you will be able to control them.
Aug 17, 2015 12:19 AM
Sep 2014
geralt said:
The fact that the black Vajra had so many chances to kill the main characters, but every time it had the opportunity to do so it just changed to a different prey was a bit ridiculous, especially because it kept massacring the random people who were simply running away.
Even the scene where Kota is hesitating to shoot seemed very poorly thought out. Sakuya literally gave him an encouraging speech in the middle of the battle and the Vajra conveniently didn't do anything in the meantime.
These kind of things prevented me from feeling fully invested in the tension of the situation.

God Eaters are injected with a "bias factor" manufactured from oracle cells. Its main function is to prevent their own God Arcs from eating them, but I assume it also has a side effect of making them less desirable prey for other aragami as well. Kind of like insect repellent - if presented with a choice between someone using insect repellent and someone who isn't, mosquitoes will generally go after the one who isn't because that person would appear more palatable. And besides, trying to hunt prey that can fight back is generally more annoying than hunting prey that can do nothing but run away.
Aug 17, 2015 12:24 AM

Nov 2014
That Dyaus Pita is surely too OP for 4 people ( 3 Newbies + 1 Veteran ) o_O never know dyaus pita had a wing before seen this one -_- btw , lol for that normal vajra, 3 hits and dead ??? o_O oh and nice timing to give soma and lindow a damn special mission . -_-
Aug 17, 2015 12:41 AM

Jul 2013
hlubkoj2020 said:
And who fault was it for getting their team in one hell of a trouble...
It look like Lenka have those evolve cell...he starting to change? during the fight.
We all know that Lenka will be okay because of plot armor...as for Alisa...hope she is okay, I still want to look at those under boobs.
Next episode, hoping to see Lenka evolve.

That it's Call Burst Mode in Game PSP makes you move faster, attack faster and double jump.
Aug 17, 2015 12:49 AM

Jan 2009
damn that black Vajra is overpowered as fuck, lets see on next episodes how they will kill it, fucking Lenka is miraculously alive after taking a lot of slashes from that monster
Aug 17, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit no new episode next week according to reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3h7b20/spoilers_god_eater_episode_5_discussion/

damn production delays continue like crazy
Aug 17, 2015 1:07 AM

Dec 2012
So like, that blade took up most of Lenkas lower back... And not only did he still have the strength to not only walk, but carry Alisa. K.
Aug 17, 2015 1:43 AM

Mar 2012
Objurgo said:
So like, that blade took up most of Lenkas lower back... And not only did he still have the strength to not only walk, but carry Alisa. K.

THANK YOU. I was just about to post how ridiculous that was....
Aug 17, 2015 2:22 AM

Dec 2011
kurikinton said:
they got owned cant imagine how would they fight hannibal tier monster

Not only that but I doubt that they can even take out Ouroboros like this...

Aug 17, 2015 2:23 AM

Feb 2013
hold the fuck on just one minute.

alisa died at least 3 times during that fight and there's no way lenka can walk after getting slashed in half and having his spine stabbed, let alone carry another person.

i must have missed the part where being a god eater makes you super human. and here i thought they were just wieldiing using some fancy weapons.

edit: LOL at the posts above me. i'm glad i'm not the only one whose suspension of disbelief was completely broken.
Aug 17, 2015 2:33 AM

Dec 2011
SiegLowe said:

Haha, IKR, I hate it when people said that the characters are bland and the plot is bad just because they don't reveal everything faster or any character blatantly said why they dod this things etc.

And I always facepalm whenever someone said this kind of things when an anime is STILL in the first episode "why did this happen?" "Why the character is in this place?" "Why the monster is__?" "Wow this is bad everything dosent make sense, this anime plot is stupid" etc

I was like, dude if you want everything to be told in one eps go watch a movie or something
Aug 17, 2015 2:39 AM

Jan 2009
Aug 17, 2015 2:40 AM

Aug 2015
melina_putri said:
No new episode next week. They are going to air a special again instead.

Kek, Kekkai Sensen v2.0 all over again?
Aug 17, 2015 2:54 AM

Dec 2009
Last 2 episodes have been great. Too bad those first 3 had to happen.

Hope it stays on this entertaining pace it's on now
Aug 17, 2015 2:57 AM

Nov 2012
that scene before the credits was pretty good, but besides that it wasn't anything special and quite boring.

j0x said:
holy shit no new episode next week according to reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/3h7b20/spoilers_god_eater_episode_5_discussion/

damn production delays continue like crazy

again?? man they really fucked up with the schedule for this one
Aug 17, 2015 3:13 AM

May 2012
THAT episode should be the next one, they changed a lot of things from the game but the main points are still there

Aug 17, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
If they can kill 2 Vajra that easily, then Dyaus Pita shouldn't be a problem...

Hell, they can take down a fucking Uroboros on record time if they wanted!

Anyway, pretty good episode. Game logic seems to be dead in this anime as it seems flash bombs and restore pills seem to be non-existent.

Loved the OST, though!

This anime is starting to look like a deviation of Burst's story but I can't be so sure yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2015 3:36 AM

Nov 2014
Even though this is a game adaptation doesn´t mean that will have all the contents from the game.

Compared to the other episodes, well this one was good.

The scene when Lenka is stuck and watches everyone getting eaten by the black Vajra was pretty sick :D I loved it. I thought we would see Lenka turning into a huge fucking badass warrior like Yuu from Owari or Eren from AoT but instead, he stills weak as fuck and watches everyone getting killed.

I have one question though. How the fuck Lenka was able to move after that? He should be bleeding to death but instead can run away from that monster carring Alisa on his back .. wow dude does he have super regen powers ?

So the scientists in order to create a sustainable energy source, created aragamis instead? Gj ;)

Aug 17, 2015 3:50 AM

May 2012
Visceras said:

So the scientists in order to create a sustainable energy source, created aragamis instead? Gj ;)

I don't think they created it, rewatch episode 1 around the 16-17 minute mark and you'll see them pull something out of the ocean. Then the news headlines read, new energy source detected and dangers of the unknown cell.

It seems more like they brought something to the surface that they shouldn't have and it started mutating. Plus the cell started showing up all over the world, so it's more like they just accidentally discovered something and it ended up being worse than they predicted.

=================================================

Just noticed Lenka used the burst skill around the 15 minute mark in episode 1, seemed pretty superhuman jumping over walls and stuff.
Aug 17, 2015 3:59 AM

Aug 2014
Hey guys, I have a couple of questions...
Was the Main Protagonist personality similar to Lenka's in the Game?
Was the Main Protagonist super weak like Lenka?
Also, was there a part in the game similar to this episode?

In terms of Romance, this was not forced.. Instead, it was hinted Lenka and Alisa are going to get together since the early episodes (2 or 3)
Aug 17, 2015 4:09 AM

May 2012
ElectricRed said:

No, the MC in the game is a voiceless MC with no personality, no emotions, and you get to change his weapons, clothes, hair. Basically he has no story.

The MC in the game is a character that you can make better by giving him upgrades and stuff.... so basically he can be extremely weak or extremely OP.
As far as Lenka goes, I wouldn't really call him weak. He seemed pretty superhuman walking around with that wound and all. It's more that they were up against something extremely powerful.

Not exactly, there are many differences, but the preview of the next episode is from the game so it seems like the main points will be there.
Aug 17, 2015 4:19 AM
Dec 2014
MagicalMahou said:
If they can kill 2 Vajra that easily, then Dyaus Pita shouldn't be a problem...

Hell, they can take down a fucking Uroboros on record time if they wanted!

Anyway, pretty good episode. Game logic seems to be dead in this anime as it seems flash bombs and restore pills seem to be non-existent.

Loved the OST, though!

This anime is starting to look like a deviation of Burst's story but I can't be so sure yet.

The story follows god eater resurrection i believe (the god eater burst remake coming out soon). The new dyaus pita is from resurrection aswell. Looks like it has some additions/changes to the story of burst.
http://godeater.wikia.com/wiki/Dyaus_Pita_Renewal
Aug 17, 2015 4:33 AM

Nov 2014
KamiCity said:
Visceras said:

I don't think they created it, rewatch episode 1 around the 16-17 minute mark and you'll see them pull something out of the ocean. Then the news headlines read, new energy source detected and dangers of the unknown cell.

It seems more like they brought something to the surface that they shouldn't have and it started mutating. Plus the cell started showing up all over the world, so it's more like they just accidentally discovered something and it ended up being worse than they predicted.

Ah I see, didn´t remember that. Well they screwed up anyways .. damn scientists

Aug 17, 2015 5:09 AM

Apr 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
Objurgo said:

THANK YOU. I was just about to post how ridiculous that was....

Anything for dem underboobs. Underboobs gave him strength.

simbeeAug 17, 2015 5:23 AM
Aug 17, 2015 5:23 AM

Apr 2015
Blood, blood everywhere.... 0.0
Aug 17, 2015 5:26 AM
Jun 2015
Did anyone hear the preview with a boy and a girl repeatedly saying they'll play hide and seek? That was so freaking creepy.
Aug 17, 2015 5:27 AM

Apr 2013
JewellTH said:
Did anyone hear the preview with a boy and a girl repeatedly saying they'll play hide and seek? That was so freaking creepy.

Probably with regards to Alicia's past.

I lol'ed.
Aug 17, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2015
Pain ain't got shit on Lenka.

"You shall fall in love with someone who doesn't love you.
For not loving someone who did"

Aug 17, 2015 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
Awesome ep, the Dyaus here was way creepy than the game./
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Aug 17, 2015 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
Riahisama said:
melina_putri said:
No new episode next week. They are going to air a special again instead.

wtf

true.. it's so gonna be bored
Aug 17, 2015 7:37 AM

Aug 2014
KamiCity said:
[spoiler]
ElectricRed said:

No, the MC in the game is a voiceless MC with no personality, no emotions, and you get to change his weapons, clothes, hair. Basically he has no story.

The MC in the game is a character that you can make better by giving him upgrades and stuff.... so basically he can be extremely weak or extremely OP.
As far as Lenka goes, I wouldn't really call him weak. He seemed pretty superhuman walking around with that wound and all. It's more that they were up against something extremely powerful.

Not exactly, there are many differences, but the preview of the next episode is from the game so it seems like the main points will be there.
[/spoiler]

Thanks for answering my questions!!:D
Aug 17, 2015 7:55 AM

Jun 2015
Man.. that massacre was brutal. God Arcs are like plastic knives to that monster lol.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.