Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 15, 2015 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, there's a feeling of inspiration this episode. Looks like Gel got a bit emotional himself as well.

Weird ending though. The whole political affair is escalating into a dramatic sequence of creative drama now that it's gotten this far into the story.
Aug 15, 2015 12:58 PM

Apr 2015
Gel-chan's finding more conflict with himself, and Tsubasa's still devoutly supporting him, which even takes priority over her role as a Gatchaman. Glad that the rest of the members are confronting them about their issues in the coming storm, though. Somewhat satisfying episode.
Aug 15, 2015 2:29 PM

Nov 2013
Oh my god that ending.. I'm speechless.

Well at least we're expected to have some action in the future episodes!!
Aug 15, 2015 2:55 PM
Oct 2012
For those who think that the red white and blue represents the US, think of another tricolor flag.

Now we see what good intentions and brainless thought combined brings..... Choppy choppy.
Aug 15, 2015 3:13 PM

Feb 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
For those who think that the red white and blue represents the US, think of another tricolor flag.

Now we see what good intentions and brainless thought combined brings..... Choppy choppy.

Well it resembles more of a French or Dutch flag, though I dunno what the relevance is tbh.

Tsubasa was really annoying this episode, just flat out refusing to listen to others' opinions, while stating hers as the correct one, and refusing to think about 'difficult matters' that Hajime was talking about.

At least people will finally see how Gelsadra is physically dangerous with those new monsters that appeared.
Aug 15, 2015 4:03 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Man, i hate Tsubasa and Gel-chan so fuckin much, they are annoying and kinda killing the anime for me.
Thank god, i'm enough interested to see what happens next.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 15, 2015 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
I agree with you they both have been killing the anime for me as well and it doesn't help that they have the most screen time too. I really wanted to slap the shit out of Tsubasa this epsiode too because she needs one to help her start thinking more.
Aug 15, 2015 5:41 PM
Oct 2014
JPthugnificent said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Well it resembles more of a French or Dutch flag, though I dunno what the relevance is tbh.

Tsubasa was really annoying this episode, just flat out refusing to listen to others' opinions, while stating hers as the correct one, and refusing to think about 'difficult matters' that Hajime was talking about.

At least people will finally see how Gelsadra is physically dangerous with those new monsters that appeared.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.

Even if it has to be imposed on the pointed edge of the Guillotine.

In other words, the creators are referencing the French Revolution.
Aug 15, 2015 6:13 PM

Jul 2015
To finding this very ignorant Tsubasa want to see when she realized the shit you did
Aug 15, 2015 6:21 PM

Jul 2009
Can't wait till everyone freaks out about not being able to use the Crowds to protect themselves and those important to them lol. If the gatchaman where outnumbered by the Red Crowds, which where a small fraction of people, then everyone's feelings going wild?... nope lol.
Aug 15, 2015 7:02 PM
Oct 2012
Yatorin said:
To finding this very ignorant Tsubasa want to see when she realized the shit you did

Tsubasa is not ignorant, rather she is naive. Idealism by its essence is naive, to believe that people can change for the better is, in light of human history, painfully naive. But this naive idealism is essential to move humanity forward. One only needs to study the anti-slavery or civil rights movement to understand this.

The goals of Tsubasa or Gel are not in theory bad, indeed Rui is in the same camp as these two (as well as Jou, Paiman, and even the guy in prison), but there is a critical difference between theory and reality. More importantly, there is a critical difference between a reformer who understands why they want to reform, and the reformer who wants to reform for an ideal. This difference has best been illustrated by G.K. Chesterton and his "paradox of a gate".

Hajime is the one who can actually achieve the goal of Tsubasa and Gel, because she is the only honest and self aware person in the group (this was her strength last season). Because Hajime has no illusions, because she doesn't fight for "justice" or "peace" or any other reason other than she does what she believes is right, she is morally superior to everyone else in this series.

That's why she always can ask the pertinent question (and why she is always the only one who THINKS about JJ's haikus).
Aug 15, 2015 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
This episode in a nutshell.
Aug 15, 2015 7:54 PM

Sep 2013
What's really needed is the philosophy of ranpo kitan's 20 faces.
Peace is right around the corner but they don't want it, who knows what they are really doing behind the scenes to not want peace.

Gelu-lu
Aug 15, 2015 8:01 PM

Jun 2012
Rui was naive, Tsubasa at this point is just ignorant. It's not that she doesn't understand the situation, it's that she refuses to think about it or try to even consider that she may be wrong. She makes it so frustrating to watch the anime. Same with Gel, it's like oh you don't like these options? Well how about you just stop thinking and let someone else take control of your entire life because you are too lazy to care.

It's good that they are actually starting to pick up the pace of the anime though. I missed the type of mecha-fighting style that the first season had, so i hope that comes back in the rest of the anime.
--"The world isn't as bad as you think"--
Aug 15, 2015 8:15 PM

Jan 2014
I so can't wait to see Tsubasa's and Gel's ideals blow up in their face
Tsubasa really irritates me, she doesn't realize how childish her ideals are. Having people become "one" also means losing the ability to think for one self which is what Rui is worried about
So can't wait to see this whole thing blow up
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 8:18 PM

Jan 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Yatorin said:

Tsubasa is not ignorant, rather she is naive. Idealism by its essence is naive, to believe that people can change for the better is, in light of human history, painfully naive. But this naive idealism is essential to move humanity forward. One only needs to study the anti-slavery or civil rights movement to understand this.

The goals of Tsubasa or Gel are not in theory bad, indeed Rui is in the same camp as these two (as well as Jou, Paiman, and even the guy in prison), but there is a critical difference between theory and reality. More importantly, there is a critical difference between a reformer who understands why they want to reform, and the reformer who wants to reform for an ideal. This difference has best been illustrated by G.K. Chesterton and his "paradox of a gate".

Hajime is the one who can actually achieve the goal of Tsubasa and Gel, because she is the only honest and self aware person in the group (this was her strength last season). Because Hajime has no illusions, because she doesn't fight for "justice" or "peace" or any other reason other than she does what she believes is right, she is morally superior to everyone else in this series.

That's why she always can ask the pertinent question (and why she is always the only one who THINKS about JJ's haikus).

This right here is some brilliant analyzing
Agreed, that is one of the reasons I like Hajime, she is straight-foward with her ideals and morals
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 8:57 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Just saw that its Sugita who's the VA of Gel-chan.
wtf man. first character from him that i hate ;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 15, 2015 9:15 PM

Aug 2013
Tsubasa is beyond fucking annoying at this point. She's so goddamn ignorant that she's actually painful to listen to.

She's literally that one person that EVERYBODY knows who ALWAYS has to be right. No matter what you're arguing about, they always think they know more than everyone else and anyone else's opinions are wrong.

I hate her fucking family too (aside from the old man). Everybody also knows (either a part of this family, or know a friend with this kind of family)...the type of family, were just one of the kids or relatives is a complete fucking asshole, and for some reason everyone in the family supports them and condones them and refuses to believe they could do wrong. But then there's that ONE family member who knows better and is always calling out the bad one on their bullshit, and immediately the rest of the family jumps to their defense and bashes and the smart family member for speaking the truth. That is Tsubasa and her family in a nutshell.

That actually went different then I was expecting too. They way JJ mentioned something scarlet becoming a different color...I was half expecting Rui to take up the VAPE leader guy's mantle and start a revolution against Gel, Tsubasa, and Joe. The colors were blue red and white, so I was expecting the blue crowds to turn red, and when all was said and done "evolve" into a new white color.

So with Gel-chan's power backfiring, does that mean he was harboring people's negative emotions inside of him the entire time? If there was crowd of 100 people, 80 had good emotions and 20 bad. He sucks them all in to process them, and when he sends the emotions back out to people, the 80 happy people kept theirs, and the 20 unhappy people became happy, leaving Gel stuck with the bad ones inside of him until they piled up? Really not entirely sure how that whole thing works. Then when the bubbles left him, they corrupted peoples bubbles into weird little monsters? They look hungry for humans.

Not sure what that power is, but that must've been what Katze ran from. You know Gel is bad news if Berg Katze runs away shitless. I wonder then...pai-pai kept bragging about how many worlds Gel has saved. If this is his true power...did he ever actually save those worlds? Or did he get close to uniting them and then this same incident happened and ended u quietly destroying those worlds? Or, perhaps he did save a bunch of worlds, but there was one instance similar to what is happening now, and that happened to be the time that Berg Katze saw him and ran.

Hajime finally said what really needed to be said when she addressed Gel this time, just because there's conflict doesn't mean its always bad conflict. People always want to be themselves. Of course then, Tsubasa had to go and interrupt her and say she's wrong like the bitch she is. Then Tsubasa also tries to turn it around and say "she's just herself", which basically meant that she's her own unique individual when she's a sheep. Thinking for herself would make her not herself...ok

Rui was also totally right too. Things like that cant be rushed, and making everyone think the same is just going to stop people from thinking individually. No need to think about whether an issue should be solved or not when we can all just make Gel decide for us. Ginger Nazi was right, it all goes downhill from here. Also think Rui was totally right in telling Tsubasa to stop being a Gatchaman too. She absolutely hasn't earned that title.

Looks like the storm has arrived now. Next week should be pretty intense.
Aug 15, 2015 10:28 PM

Nov 2012
well it was to be expected that it would blow up in their faces, and here we are now. now on to waiting for the gatchaman to save the day~
Aug 15, 2015 10:40 PM

Dec 2012
In which Tsubasa throws her soul away.
Aug 15, 2015 11:15 PM

Mar 2008
Hajime-Tan talking to her boobs was awesome. lol

But that aside, Tsubasa is an annoying bitch. Does she not realize that they are turning Japan into something akin to a cult. They won't be able to think for themselves anymore. I hope Hajime-Tan somehow is able to combine Berg Katze's note with her own & lay the smack down on Tsubasa & Gelsadra.
Aug 16, 2015 12:25 AM

Aug 2008
WOW! So Gel is stronger than Katze?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 16, 2015 12:41 AM

Nov 2012
I think people don't give Tsubasa enough credit, she's pretty simple and naive, but she is aware of this and consistently states she doesn't understand complicated things and just wants everyone to be happy together.

To be honest, I think the most disappointing character this season is mr blonde, Sugane hasn't had any valuable input or done anything that effects the story, it feels like they just had to keep him around, at least Tsubasa seems to stand for something and is moving the story even if she's naive. Well minus miss gloom, but she's good for fanservice and all that.

Joe and Hajime for the win
Jaywalker.
Aug 16, 2015 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
lol so all that conflicting moods Gel-chan have eaten evolved into evil things

and even Katze-san run away from Gel-chan huh lol
Aug 16, 2015 12:57 AM

Nov 2014
Epicenter said:
I think people don't give Tsubasa enough credit, she's pretty simple and naive, but she is aware of this and consistently states she doesn't understand complicated things and just wants everyone to be happy together.

To be honest, I think the most disappointing character this season is mr blonde, Sugane hasn't had any valuable input or done anything that effects the story, it feels like they just had to keep him around, at least Tsubasa seems to stand for something and is moving the story even if she's naive. Well minus miss gloom, but she's good for fanservice and all that.

Joe and Hajime for the win

Hajime for the win* ftfy

Other than that it's exactly what I'm thinking about Tsubasa for now, there's literally no point of showing Sugane and his harem in any scene at all...
Aug 16, 2015 1:08 AM

Jun 2014
Epicenter said:
I think people don't give Tsubasa enough credit, she's pretty simple and naive, but she is aware of this and consistently states she doesn't understand complicated things and just wants everyone to be happy together...

Well ***k me, if I'ma need to clap for some retard who can't and won't use that thing that's supposed to be called a brain.

I was wondering how they would blow up this entire debacle, but little monster thingies conveniently messing things up just seems like a cop-out and not dealing with the issue in an intelligent way. I.e. things would have been perfect with Gel's ideals, had his inability to manage the bubbles did not get in the way.

I hope this is dealt with properly in the coming eps.
Aug 16, 2015 1:32 AM

Feb 2015
WTF Katze ran away from gel ?
JUST HOW DANGEROUS IS HE?

WTF tsubasa stop being gatchaman ? which mean throwing her soul away ?

WTF, SO GEL IS GATCHAMAN REAL ENEMY NOW ?

GATCHA...!!!
Aug 16, 2015 3:52 AM

Aug 2009
If Tsubasa 'doesn't understand difficult stuff' then she sure as hell shouldn't be in the position she is now...

As a person living in a postcommunistic country the whole idea of 'becoming one' is so hostile to me and it's so annoying when Tsubasa and others are just throwing the term around being so naive and ignorant lol
Aug 16, 2015 3:55 AM
Jun 2014
Some episodes ago I asked myself that "what kind of dystopia Gelsadra did in other worlds?", and I suppose I'm not hitting too far from the mark.
Jonesy974 said:
Or did he get close to uniting them and then this same incident happened and ended u quietly destroying those worlds?

I think this is either not what happens now, I think it would've been reported to system Paiman follows. Also Gelsadra seems confused about what just happened, as if it'd be the first time it happens.
If that would be the case, Gelsadra would be unaware of that happening, and he'd have to be unconscious when the bubbles leave his body. As his race has no habit of sleeping, he must have fainted from overusing his power, but this time somehow stayed conscious.
What we don't also know, is how much population other worlds had, or if humans are little different form other alien races in behaviour, it is told he has created basically utopias all around the universe while he has encountered troubles by trying to unite Japan alone, yet the whole world?
Aug 16, 2015 4:06 AM
Sep 2012
Is everyone forgetting JJ's poem?

The scarlet angel will, in time, transform, and gentle beasts will appear. Their names are many.

Gentle beasts implies those things aren't dangerous.
Aug 16, 2015 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
kukelekuuk00 said:
Is everyone forgetting JJ's poem?

The scarlet angel will, in time, transform, and gentle beasts will appear. Their names are many.

nice but they sure will wreak chaos first
Aug 16, 2015 4:09 AM

Aug 2015
DatRandomDude said:
Man, i hate Tsubasa and Gel-chan so fuckin much, they are annoying and kinda killing the anime for me.
Thank god, i'm enough interested to see what happens next.

This last 2 episodes have made me hate them even more.
Aug 16, 2015 4:26 AM

Oct 2014
Tsubasa just keeps getting more and more annoying with every passing minute of this season. Someone talked about wanting to slap her, make that full-fledged knuckle sammich. And yeah, she's beyond naive now. She's ignorant and nigh indoctrinated. She says she doesn't really understand complicated things, yet claims to understand how people of THE ENTIRE WORLD think and feel better than Rui. Another telling thing is how when Rui was trying to talk them out of the vote change, she dragged Crowds into it, despite Rui not mentioning it at all. Crowds had absolutely nothing to do with why they were there.

I'm not sure if Gel is malicious or inept. Either way he can fuck off. The same kinda goes for Pai-Pai at this point.

kukelekuuk00 said:

Not really. A bear or an elk could also be considered gentle beasts when left alone, but if you provoke them they become quite dangerous.
Aug 16, 2015 5:34 AM

Aug 2010
I just love Katze and Hajime so much. And they're even more awesome when there are idiots like Tsubasa around. I can't really blame Gel because he seems to totally have no idea what he's doing.
Aug 16, 2015 7:42 AM

Sep 2010
I'm going to disagree with whoever said Rui was naive. Rui is an idealist and an optimistic person but he's not naive. He always learns and listens to what other people say and he's capable of thought and reflection to take into account their criticism without compromising his core ideals he stands for. Jou and Rizumu need to upgrade their views, not Rui. Rizumu is being swayed slowly but Jou seems to scapegoat Rui when he, with his anti Crowds paranoia, put Gelsadra into power. So he has to owe up to his messing up rather than point fingers at people who have nothing to do with his stupid actions moved by emotion rather than logic.

Rui is in many ways always acting like the author's voice piece in the show. He did it last season and he does it now. All he told Tsubasa is how the author promotes this season is for: to slow down and think. Just like last season was about a complicated world a minority cannot protect. Hajime sides with Rui, stands by his side, while she still welcomes Tsubasa when she's ready, she's taking his side, like last season. Rui's the person who is capable of evolution, who sets as example, and Hajime is more like a perfect guide.

Tsubasa seems to be inserted as "can this regular joe change for the better?" character. In Rizumu's views, she can't, but he's also cynical.

The Note reflects the soul. The two times Tsubasa transformed happened when she had the courage to defy other people. Being a sheep is turning against her mind.

Zapredon said:
WOW! So Gel is stronger than Katze?

It's not about power level. Gel erases conflict, Berg Katze feeds of it. So when he gives peace, Berg can't exist, you know?

ShadeRunner said:
Some episodes ago I asked myself that "what kind of dystopia Gelsadra did in other worlds?", and I suppose I'm not hitting too far from the mark.

I don't think Gelsadra did dystopia, his strong reactions to how different humans were indicated the worlds he visited before were kind of more simple? Humans are uniquely individualistic beings who thrive in conflict rather than peace. OD's planet wasn't destroyed by CROWDS, but by Berg provoking OD, who was half human, into fighting him. So maybe his alien side was not as prone to conflict.

Last episode has a fall from Eden allegory. Humans exchanged the peaceful paradise when they were blissfully ignorant for the temptation of discerning of good and evil, of knowledge. In other words, this was the first disagreement, the fall of grace was to develop their own capacity to reason and think. Gelsadra and Tsubasa wish to revert people to this primate (ape) state while Rui seeks human beings to reach for a better end by improving themselves and evolving. That's why Rui and Tsubasa clashed. Rizumu thinks humanity is hopeless thanks to people like Tsubasa, even if Rui is reaching out slowly.
ThessAug 16, 2015 7:56 AM
Aug 16, 2015 7:53 AM
Mar 2014
you guys are looking too far into this. tsubasa and gel are written to be naive idiots. there is no deeper meaning to their existence.

but yeah, this episode was alluding to both a fall from Eden (see: the shots involving the stained glass tree thing) and the French Revolution. would you like an award for basic symbolism, mr. director?
vegetablespiritAug 16, 2015 7:58 AM
Aug 16, 2015 7:58 AM

Sep 2010
vodall said:
you guys are looking too far into this. tsubasa and gel are written to be naive idiots. there is no deeper meaning to their existence.

but yeah, this episode was alluding to both a fall from Eden (see: the shots involving the stained glass tree thing) and the French Revolution.

I disagree with that. Gelsadra is the opposite of Katze: just like Katze was wrong about human beings so is Gelsadra (who isn't malicious being, unlike Katze, but his actions are just as harmful). Tsubasa is inserted as a test to Rui's and Rizumu's conflicting views. Are humans hopeless apes or do they have the capacity to change and evolve if slowly from their previous state? She's there representing the 60% the majority of the "flock" as narrative tool, because her resolution would eventually mean the resolution of humanity in a symbolic way.

Of course Tsubasa is an naive idiot (I hesitate to call Gelsadra this because it's mostly of his limitations as an alien who isn't used to conflict), but that's the point for her to grow up or fall completely into the ape depravity.
ThessAug 16, 2015 8:01 AM
Aug 16, 2015 8:05 AM

Sep 2007
Aww yeah, here it comes.

Apparently this does not air next week? Too bad.
Aug 16, 2015 8:06 AM
Mar 2014
@Thess - i agree with your point, but what I meant by "deeper meaning" is that gelsadra and tsubasa don't feel like actual characters; they seem to be not much more than a necessary conflict written on a whim.

whether or not that matters/obstructs enjoyment is subjective, but it's something i am personally tired of seeing—hence my whines.
vegetablespiritAug 16, 2015 8:09 AM
Aug 16, 2015 8:11 AM
Sep 2014
Thess said:
It's not about power level. Gel erases conflict, Berg Katze feeds of it. So when he gives peace, Berg can't exist, you know?

Where exactly did you find info that "Katze cannot exist without conflict"?
Aug 16, 2015 8:16 AM

Jun 2013
Tsubasa is childish dude and what's with the french flag colours?
Aug 16, 2015 8:20 AM

Sep 2010
apokaliz500 said:
Thess said:

Where exactly did you find info that "Katze cannot exist without conflict"?

Season 1. When Rui had everyone distracted with fun and games, helping others. Berg Katze was ignored completely and lost his power and he feared that would happen if Crowds were distributed like that. When Hajime refused to fight him, he was defeated for good.
Aug 16, 2015 8:39 AM
Sep 2014
Loosing power is one thing, but I don't think they implied he would actually disappear.
Aug 16, 2015 8:48 AM

Sep 2010
apokaliz500 said:
Loosing power is one thing, but I don't think they implied he would actually disappear.

We really don't know that, he loses visibility if there's no real conflict and is defeated when someone refuses to cave in and battle him. A world with eternal peace and unity as Gel creates would freak him out.
Aug 16, 2015 11:09 AM
Jan 2010
I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND COMPLICATED STUFF
Aug 16, 2015 11:43 AM

Jun 2014
apokaliz500 said:

Come to think of it, I don't think Katze can be in any more of a powerless state than he is now. Trapped inside Hajime unable to fight or even speak freely. Why else would he panic and ask Hajime to "save him" if he doesn't run the risk of disappearing completely?
Hajime even says in season 1 that he's some kind of a manifestation of the desire for conflict inside living beings.
Aug 16, 2015 11:47 AM
Oct 2012
Axelucard_ said:
Tsubasa is childish dude and what's with the french flag colours?

Tsubasa IS a child, she is somewhere around 13-14 years old.
And it is implied that Gel is a child as well (who is only playing at being an adult). I think the best comparison would be a child who always has to deal with parents who fight: he is always trying to smooth their feathers and to defuse tensions. This is why any signs of discord starts him crying, he is not emotionally equipped to handle conflict.

As for the French Flags, as someone pointed out above the slogan of the French Revolution is: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity. The irony (and tragedy) of the French Revolution was that no one noticed that the first two are mutually exclusive, and to give Tsubasa some credit, it is a truth that most people even today do not understand (just think of the PC movement - people are losing their jobs, and in some cases their freedom (in some "liberal" countries you can be imprisoned for "hate speech" (which of course is defined by the government, some hate is more equal than others it appears)). Before people jump on her, they should do some soul searching because all too often they are ignoring their beam for her mote.

Again, this is why the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and not with lawyers as it should be.....
Aug 16, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2014
I am just waiting until shit hits the fan and it finally did in the end, so I don't have to sit though the ignorance of Gel and Tsubasa making "everyone's heart united." So I am excited for the next episode.

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Aug 16, 2015 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
ramenshoujo said:
Come to think of it, I don't think Katze can be in any more of a powerless state than he is now. Trapped inside Hajime unable to fight or even speak freely. Why else would he panic and ask Hajime to "save him" if he doesn't run the risk of disappearing completely?
Hajime even says in season 1 that he's some kind of a manifestation of the desire for conflict inside living beings.

For example because Thess' speculation may be wrong and Katze not only hates Gel because Gel tries to do opposite thing than Katze does, but also because maybe it's as simple as Katze being scared shitless of Gel (like he said in this episode) because Gel really is that powerful alien, so this way Gel would just literally kill Katze in standard way by a beam or something. I mean he's hiding inside of Hajime, but if we assume Gel decides he needs to kill some people/aliens to achieve peace, I don't see a reason he wouldn't try to kill Hajime if he believes it's necessary.
Even if Hajime said so I don't think she meant he cannot exist without conflict, because then she shouldn't be surprised that Katze is so scared of Gel, yet she kinda was this episode.

Actually I don't see a reason to think Gel isn't super powerful alien if Katze says "You think you can win against that red pig? Keep on dreaming! Gatchaman's finished." Also don't forget that aside from bubble powers he does have this Gatchaman-like alternative form. I wonder what could it be if not his fighter mode.
apokaliz500Aug 16, 2015 12:43 PM
Aug 16, 2015 1:09 PM

Nov 2012
It's not like Joe didn't realize the red alien was becoming a problem, he realized that early on and has tried to make sure he is looked after and even seems to hope the red alien fails at times to improve or for society to dispose of him eventually. I wouldn't call his anti crowds thing paranoia, because it was completely justified, everyone having crowds is arguably worse than everyone having guns and Rui was thinking his nice talk was going to sway just about anyone, despite the fact that there are people in the world who just don't give a shit and he was about to be killed by a guy who gives a shit more than some people in society who would just killed Rui for fun. I'm sure Joe will accept it once society is ready for it on the most part or when crowds is restricted for probably registered people like police, firemen, doctors and other more legit certified people that can be expected to do good in a higher percent rate than just random people, that's the whole point of his 20/60/20 thing. I never felt Joe was anti crowds forever.

Rui was completely lucky the Ape guy is a softy as far as bad goes, imagine if he was some sort of crazed terrorist like ISIS or just like one of those maniacs who want to see the world burn, instead of being a terrorist pacifist-or whatever he was called-, not only would Rui be done and out but a huge chunk of the population would of got put in graves
EpicenterAug 16, 2015 1:12 PM
Jaywalker.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

89 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:15 PM

» Rui dressing as a girl.

broodo - Aug 31, 2015

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 8, 2:12 PM

» Is Ichinose Hajime a psychopath?

trannon1 - Sep 6, 2015

7 by Ochimusha »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:46 PM

» Tsubasa existing Ruined This show

abyss333 - Aug 4, 2015

35 by LawsonTanner »»
Aug 12, 2023 9:45 AM

Poll: » Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2015

66 by Fishes_bic »»
Dec 17, 2020 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.