Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 2:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A bitter amount of tense feelings this chapter.

I think the message of "I just want you to live!" was quite clear though to the mother.
Jun 21, 2016 5:47 AM

Sep 2013
The author decided to clear up the mystery by revealing what the inn and the people in it are exactly. I would have wanted it to remain unsaid.
Nov 2, 2018 9:26 AM

Jul 2017
The part where the old man found his cat was cute and funny.
It's obvious what the mother was looking for, and she has a good son. But I didn't expect the mystery of the inn workers to be revealed this early.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Aug 13, 2020 5:22 AM

Dec 2013
So if the guests entered the inn's gate, it means that it's their time! I really feel bad for the mother because she really cares for her son but I'm pretty sure she refused her son so he can live. And the workers of the inn are guests who can't find what they're looking for, huh? Matsuura and the landlady seems to have a past.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

May 5, 2021 9:20 AM
Nov 2019
at this point with the end of vol.1 the mystery of the inn has been revealed. in chapter 4 it's been pretty much confirmed that this place is a place where people come after death and and according to the teacher, people don't come here to find what they lost rather it's a place where people can find the things what they've wanted to bring with them. for example the man in ch1 had regret that he had divorce with his wife without clearing the misunderstanding between them and the ring that represents the bonding between a married couple had been lost. the kid in ch2 wanted his mother who's been living faraway from him so the hand made stuffed cat from his mother was the thing that reminds me of his mother. in ch3. the goodluck charm was the thing the mountain climber wanted to bring with him coz it was the thing that reminds him his wife and daughter. in ch4 we found a perceptive lady, the sense who had no regrets but she admired that student and the gift from him was the thing that reminds her of him saying her that she's beautiful. and in ch5 and 6 we found a careless mother who's been a failed daughter to ditch her family, failed woman and a failed person but a good Mother in the end to push his son back so that he could live coz in the end he's the one she wanted the most but didn't want to bring with her coz she wanted him to live and that's why she acted cruel to him till the end. with chapter 6 it's been revealed that everyone in this place including landlady,Matsuura and the others workers in the inn are the people who've already been dead in the real world and are still searching for the things they want to bring with them (to the 'heaven'). and with the end of vol.1 we found the the reason why landlady is cold and why she hates kids, why she finds trouble to see new guests and why she says that she hates Matsuura. and I personally think landlady and Matsuura had some story between them coz in ch5 page11 it shows that a man and a lady are holding eachothers hands and we don't know who they are and since they stays in the inn it's obvious that they haven't found the things they want to bring with.

I really found an underrated gem.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Usemono Yado Chapter 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

9 by Tamer2002 »»
Mar 4, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Usemono Yado Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2016

2 by Tamer2002 »»
Mar 4, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Usemono Yado Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

2 by Tamer2002 »»
Mar 4, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Usemono Yado Chapter 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2016

3 by Tamer2002 »»
Mar 4, 11:06 PM

Poll: » Usemono Yado Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2015

4 by themestears »»
Jul 30, 2022 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.