Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 14, 2015 10:45 PM

Aug 2014
It was a whole different experience from the SnK that we know.
Personally, I enjoyed it.

Aug 15, 2015 7:35 AM

Jul 2013
Well they changed the story which I kinda appreciated since it would be like watching a recap if they decided to stick with the original story line. Aside from that though, everything else was HORRIBLE.

Too short and too fast. I expected a rushed pacing due to it being a movie but damn they rushed it Kill la Kill style. I feel like they also degraded Mikasa's character and the acting was too much to bear. The action scenes were boring and Shikishima was too cringe-y. Eren didn't feel like a main character and his Titan transformation wasn't foreshadowed like in the anime. Some characters look astonishingly similar like Eren and Armin and Sasha and that single mother that it's becoming hard to tell them apart. The scene with Eren and the single mother was funny though.

I liked Major Hanji's actress though. She really captured her personality.

I was wondering why there was a female titan at the start of the movie so I guess Annie won't be showing up in the next movie.
Dull_LullAug 15, 2015 7:45 AM
Aug 15, 2015 12:43 PM

May 2012
I just want to have memory lose right now..

Aug 16, 2015 6:27 AM

Mar 2015
Pathetic movie, just terrible in every aspect.
Aug 16, 2015 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
If you think of it as a stand alone movie, just the same "concept" or whatever it's a good movie. Much much better than some movies this 2015.

If you guys think it's Horrible, Terrible, Pathetic or how much hate or negative you say, go watch DB Evolution and Last Air Bender movie.

It's far from perfect and i wouldn't say it's bad, I'll just say its "good". At least it is much better than some live actions.

Also, there will be a Naruto live action. Prepare for getting a cancer.
Aug 18, 2015 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
Guranto-kun said:
If you think of it as a stand alone movie, just the same "concept" or whatever it's a good movie. Much much better than some movies this 2015.

If you guys think it's Horrible, Terrible, Pathetic or how much hate or negative you say, go watch DB Evolution and Last Air Bender movie.

It's far from perfect and i wouldn't say it's bad, I'll just say its "good". At least it is much better than some live actions.

Also, there will be a Naruto live action. Prepare for getting a cancer.

Compared to those two you mentioned, this movie is amazing.

I actually enjoyed it. I know why the story changes were made like that and this way (I've read the article here on MAL), and I think they did pretty good job regarding how much work they had to do...
Aug 18, 2015 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
I won't say that the movie is downright awful, but it is pretty bad to me.

The acting is not really good, the pacing is odd,the action is subpar, the CGI is..well...

Also i get that they want to make changes to the story and i can accept that, but it's hard for me to accept the way they change Mikasa's character.
The best part about the movie i'd say is how the Titans look. The fact that people don't like it because it looks disgusting and weird just proves my point.
I also actually enjoyed it when Eren transforms into Titan.

Despite all this i'll still watch the 2nd part.
Aug 18, 2015 8:13 PM

Jul 2014
it was really bad.
the only thing i liked about it was that they changed mikasa. i hated her in the show so her being sweeter was nice.
why did they change hanji's name.
it seems this adapted the first half of the show so next movie will hopefully have levi in it..?
as others said, the cgi was horrible.
3/10
cool
Aug 18, 2015 8:29 PM

Jan 2014
Suiren- said:
it was really bad.
the only thing i liked about it was that they changed mikasa. i hated her in the show so her being sweeter was nice.

Now that just doesn't make sense to me. I'd say she's way more cold hearted in the movie than the anime. She even decided to not help Eren when he was badly injured.
Aug 18, 2015 8:31 PM
Jan 2013
Giving thoughts even though I haven't watched it:

gone bai bai
Aug 18, 2015 8:32 PM

Jul 2014
thecescshow said:
Suiren- said:
it was really bad.

Now that just doesn't make sense to me. I'd say she's way more cold hearted in the movie than the anime. She even decided to not help Eren when he was badly injured.

really? i guess it could just be because of mizuhara. she seems like such a genuinely nice person...
cool
Aug 18, 2015 9:16 PM

Sep 2013
The hatred directed towards this film somewhat boggles my mind. Most of the criticism boils down to it not being a carbon copy of the anime and manga, which would have been extremely difficult to do given the time constraints and budget. Heck, the series creator oversaw and requested some of the changes. And select individuals are acting like the source material was a masterpiece, claiming that the characters were complex and well written. I'm a fan of the series, though I wouldn't go remotely that far. The change in Misaka's character didn't really bother me. She's still extremely skilled at killing Titans and still cold/distant. Also, I liked the horror vibes.

It was alright for what it was. But I'll admit it could have been much better, even with the limitations. If you love the series, just know that quite a few things are different and it doesn't have the average Hollywood sized budget.
Aug 19, 2015 12:32 AM

Aug 2012
Suiren- said:
it was really bad.
why did they change hanji's name.
it seems this adapted the first half of the show so next movie will hopefully have levi in it..?
as others said, the cgi was horrible.
3/10

Levi will not appear in the Live action movies
http://kotaku.com/why-attack-on-titans-most-popular-character-isnt-in-the-1719688550
Aug 19, 2015 11:08 AM

Apr 2009
I think the anime is enjoyable but not the best I've ever seen. Maybe because I had very high expectations due to the immense hype when it aired.
So I was looking forward to the movie. Even though I'm not a die-hard fan of the original source and wouldn't mind some changes, I have to agree in most part with those disappointed of it. Even as a stand-alone movie, it's bad. The plot and characters seem to be all over the place, some of the actors are so bad that it's even embarassing. A shame.

People say that live-action movie versions would never live up to the expecations, but Rurouni Kenshin was quite well-received by most (including myself, imho it's still the best live action adaption so far).
I agree that AOT is certainly better than Dragon Ball or Last Airbender (though I don't think that it could get any worse than those movies).
shiroi-ookamiAug 20, 2015 10:50 AM
Aug 19, 2015 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
REKT said:
Guys the movie is not even out yet? where did you guys watch it?
It's leaked on various anime websites
Aug 20, 2015 6:55 PM

Sep 2008
Urgh... I want back those 90 mins of my life...

*^*Random Rant*^*
Aug 21, 2015 10:39 AM
Oct 2013
No offense but it's actually terrible. Enumerating something "more" terrible isn't going to change the fact that it's terrible (like Dragonball and Avatar).

Horrible acting. Horrible characters. Poor script/screenwriting. Almost no character development. Horrible effects. Horrible 3DMG scenes. Even the titans look horrible, no... to be precice, they look "FAKE". In short, horrible adaptation. Even if I turn off my brain and suspend my belief thinking it's different altogether (i.e. standalone) than its source, it's still horrible. The only good thing about this movie is the last battle scene.

Took me 15 minutes to watch the whole movie. And there's even a sequel. Ugh.

It opened on Aug. 1 (Japan) and there's already a DVD copy available after 2-3 weeks... despite earning $5.1 million on its first weekend. It's like a bubble economy lol

Not to mention some parts are absurb...

3/10
ExplodingGirlAug 21, 2015 11:03 AM
Aug 27, 2015 12:30 AM

Aug 2012
Well just saw it, why the hell was there a random sex scene in the middle of a titan attack.

Also Shikishima is an ass.
Aug 28, 2015 4:23 AM
Jul 2009
sigh wtf why did they have to semi NTR this... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy MIKASAAA WHYYYY
Aug 29, 2015 10:59 AM

Feb 2015

in my opinion , i'm a little disappointed and confused of the story. and i'm kinda mad to see adult scene like that. i really confused of what is happening in the movie, but still i loved the action.

So, Overall : 7/10
Sep 3, 2015 2:15 AM

Aug 2012
The world is cruel – Critic skewers second “miserably made” live-action Attack on Titan movie

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/09/02/the-world-is-cruel-critic-skewers-second-miserably-made-live-action-attack-on-titan-movie/
Sep 30, 2015 9:54 PM

Apr 2013
Treat the movie as an AU. LOL @ those who expected it to be a shot-by-shot of the anime/manga.

I thought there were great elements like the movie wasn't afraid to be violent, and it showed more Titans doing their thing, and it didn't shove as many characters in our faces and expected us to remember their names/personalities. The beginning scene with the Titans wrecking havoc throughout the town was fantastic, the people packing themselves into a building just to be a buffet was a nice touch. While I'm sure motion-capture was used, the CGI wasn't that bad, and it made the Titans look unnerving as they should. Some silly moments from them, though, and I swear the roars/screams were the Half Life Zombie screams. The relationship changes didn't bother me, should come more into play in the second part. The acting wasn't bad, the actress who did Hange I think was the best, though, with Sasha being a close second.

The audience was pretty great. Whether anyone liked it or not, have to admit the reactions were glorious--especially during the seduction scene, like woooooooooow XD.

I enjoyed the film for what it was. I'm fine with seeing the second half, see how it goes.
Lil-BirdSep 30, 2015 10:00 PM
Nov 7, 2015 3:06 PM
Oct 2015
Better than Dragonball Evolution and Avatar The Last Airbender.

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

41 by iGotIceInMyRice »»
Yesterday, 6:29 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.