Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2015 6:59 AM

Sep 2014
What was her significance to the story?
I have a sneaking suspicion that she might have another role in a future episode.
Aug 13, 2015 6:05 PM

Mar 2014
Who is that?
Aug 13, 2015 6:07 PM

Mar 2015
She has no significance.
Aug 13, 2015 7:21 PM

May 2012
ziggy_Z said:
Who is that?

She was the girl who Yuu briefly dated in episode 1. They got together when Yuu saved her from a traffic accident (which he himself had deliberately caused) and she later dumped him when he had to move to Hoshinoumi Academy and wasn't able to meet up with her anymore.

As for her significance, I doubt she has any beyond being a plot device to show how sneaky, two-faced and underhanded Yuu was at that time, and later bringing him down a peg or two by dumping him.
Aug 14, 2015 5:17 AM

Mar 2014
Katsuruka said:
ziggy_Z said:
Who is that?

She was the girl who Yuu briefly dated in episode 1. They got together when Yuu saved her from a traffic accident (which he himself had deliberately caused) and she later dumped him when he had to move to Hoshinoumi Academy and wasn't able to meet up with her anymore.

As for her significance, I doubt she has any beyond being a plot device to show how sneaky, two-faced and underhanded Yuu was at that time, and later bringing him down a peg or two by dumping him.
Oh right, completely forgot about her. Thank you for telling me.
Aug 15, 2015 12:47 PM
Feb 2015
Spoiler for users who've not watched EPISODE 7 yet:

Will Yu ever go back and apoligize for what he did in Episode 7 to her?
Aug 15, 2015 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Voidaxell said:

Maybe? Honestly I hope not, it's not really necessary. She doesn't have much significance at all unless something is revealed about her later on.
Aug 15, 2015 1:32 PM
Feb 2015
oxfordroyale said:
Voidaxell said:

Maybe? Honestly I hope not, it's not really necessary. She doesn't have much significance at all unless something is revealed about her later on.

Try about the significance but it would be quite awkward for them two. Well, still... he could at least say sorry for kicking pot noodles at her whilst she came to comfort him xD
Aug 15, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
oxfordroyale said:
Voidaxell said:

hope so
Aug 15, 2015 1:43 PM
Apr 2012
After episode 7, She is not giving me good vibes. Who was that guy that was peaking through the door when she arrived? Also why does she want him to go outside so desperately. That is not how you help someone in depression and trauma. She is there for her own purpose.
Aug 15, 2015 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
flack said:
After episode 7, She is not giving me good vibes. Who was that guy that was peaking through the door when she arrived? Also why does she want him to go outside so desperately. That is not how you help someone in depression and trauma. She is there for her own purpose.

I'm surprised that Yuu didn't bad-mouth her more in the latest ep. She got off pretty light, considering his mental state.
Aug 15, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
flack said:
After episode 7, She is not giving me good vibes. Who was that guy that was peaking through the door when she arrived? Also why does she so desperately want him to go outside so desperately. That is not how you help someone in depression and trauma. She is there for her own purpose.

That guy is the condo manager I think, not sure. As for Yumi, she feels indebted to him for "saving" her life and naively thinks she can convince him to get himself together. She was wrong.

I dont pick up any sinister vibes, honestly. I do wonder how she could've heard about what happened and where he lives, but I'll chalk that up to anime logic.
Aug 15, 2015 1:59 PM
Apr 2012
oxfordroyale said:

That guy is the condo manager I think, not sure.

Why would he bring two muscular guys with him at Yuu's door looking like their ready to bust their way in after Yumi left? Would a manage really do that?

As for Yumi, she feels indebted to him for "saving" her life and naively thinks she can convince him to get himself together. She was wrong. I dont pick up any sinister vibes, honestly. I do wonder how she could've heard about what happened and where he lives, but I'll chalk that up to anime logic.

Although I do want to believe she is your normal considerate nice girl of typical animes that likes the protagonist, but from episode one, the way she dumped him, I see her as someone with pride and definitely someone who would put herself before others. It is highly unlikely that all this time she was thinking about Yuu and wanting to get back together. I mean why pick this time of all to see him? IMO this is the worst way to get back together with someone.

The reason I don't thinks she was trying to take advantage of Yuu at his weakest state is because she arrived with that suspicious guy. She should be doing this by herself of her own free will which didn't seem like that at all. She was probably bribed into doing this imo. She is very good at acting and is someone who will use that to her advantage to get what she wants. That is what I think of her.
Aug 15, 2015 2:51 PM

Jul 2013
The weird guy you are talking about is the manager of the appartment complex. Did you follow the anime ??? The complex is provided with security, the 2 black guy were those.
Aug 15, 2015 3:11 PM
Apr 2012
Vinda said:
The weird guy you are talking about is the manager of the appartment complex. Did you follow the anime ??? The complex is provided with security, the 2 black guy were those.

What security guards are you talking about??? The only time I saw two security guards of Yuu's apartment complex are the two shown in episode 1. Are these the ones you are referring to?

These are the two guys we saw at Yuu's door this episode. They don't resemble the security guards from episode 1 at all.

I also don't understand where you got that they were black? Finally, I found no proof yet indicating that the glasses dude is the manager. Unless I missed it somewhere I have to check.
Aug 15, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2015
flack said:

These are the two guys we saw at Yuu's door this episode. They don't resemble the security guards from episode 1 at all.

I also don't understand where you got that they were black? Finally, I found no proof yet indicating that the glasses dude is the manager. Unless I missed it somewhere I have to check.

I think they might be lawyers or something. Possible situation coming up
Old guy: H-hey you gotta pay your rent.
Yuu: no
guys: :/ If you don't then *explains law process*
if not that then I think that while the old man is the condo owner. I think that the guys in the suits (who may work with the scientists) told the old guy that they need to see Yuu Otosaka immediately and probably flashed their IDs or something. Hence they went with the old guy to come get Yuu.
Or they're just security guards and the anime staff forgot about it.
Also I think Yumi may have something to do with the "big bad" of this series. Maybe not. If not then she's just there to show how much he's changed from Episode 1 to Episode 7. Episode 1, he's a jerk. After being caught he mellows out, but still has jerk tendencies. Shows his real personality with his sister. After a while, he begins to accept the student council more and gets more comfortable with them then the thing happens and he refuses to see them and just eATSSS LOTS OF RAMENN
Aug 15, 2015 6:54 PM

May 2014
Plot twist.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2015 8:07 PM

Sep 2014
It's extremely odd and fishy she just popped in uninvited trying to get yuu out of the house, she's then shortly after followed by two guys in black suits. Reminds me of the men in black who show up in ufo stories and other similar things HMMMMM they don't look too happy or friendly either
davinci12Aug 15, 2015 8:13 PM
Aug 17, 2015 6:08 AM
Feb 2015
Lucasloco91 said:
Plot twist.

What?
Aug 17, 2015 6:09 AM
Feb 2015
flack said:
oxfordroyale said:

That guy is the condo manager I think, not sure.

Why would he bring two muscular guys with him at Yuu's door looking like their ready to bust their way in after Yumi left? Would a manage really do that?

As for Yumi, she feels indebted to him for "saving" her life and naively thinks she can convince him to get himself together. She was wrong. I dont pick up any sinister vibes, honestly. I do wonder how she could've heard about what happened and where he lives, but I'll chalk that up to anime logic.

Although I do want to believe she is your normal considerate nice girl of typical animes that likes the protagonist, but from episode one, the way she dumped him, I see her as someone with pride and definitely someone who would put herself before others. It is highly unlikely that all this time she was thinking about Yuu and wanting to get back together. I mean why pick this time of all to see him? IMO this is the worst way to get back together with someone.

The reason I don't thinks she was trying to take advantage of Yuu at his weakest state is because she arrived with that suspicious guy. She should be doing this by herself of her own free will which didn't seem like that at all. She was probably bribed into doing this imo. She is very good at acting and is someone who will use that to her advantage to get what she wants. That is what I think of her.

Your theory is interesting...
If I'm correct, before she entered the house a man called out asking if Yuu was there. I guessed that that man was her father - correct me if I'm incorrect please.
She probably heard of what happened to Yuu and felt as though she could do a little bit as she was saved by him in EP1. Not sure though.
Jul 12, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 2016
Equitum said:
flack said:
After episode 7, She is not giving me good vibes. Who was that guy that was peaking through the door when she arrived? Also why does she so desperately want him to go outside so desperately. That is not how you help someone in depression and trauma. She is there for her own purpose.

That guy is the condo manager I think, not sure. As for Yumi, she feels indebted to him for "saving" her life and naively thinks she can convince him to get himself together. She was wrong.

I dont pick up any sinister vibes, honestly. I do wonder how she could've heard about what happened and where he lives, but I'll chalk that up to anime logic.

Remember that Tomori is there the whole time invisible to Yuu? Maybe Tomori or atleast Yusa and Takajou told Tomori that they are friends with Yuu in the school and told everything.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sakaitsu - Jul 4, 2015

652 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.