Forum Settings
Forums

Do you find it harder to discuss titles that have gained memetic popularity?

New
Aug 13, 2015 4:24 AM
Aug 2015
Everytime I talk about Bleach they come with troll the heart or some other crap.
Like none can discus certain shows anymore but instead needs to post some stupid meme.
Ever happened to you?
Aug 13, 2015 4:27 AM

Dec 2013
That's just another reason why the online community should never be taken too seriously.
Aug 13, 2015 4:28 AM

Aug 2013
welcome to an internet haven of jaded anime scrubs where things like bleach have been talked on to death

there are certain threads where you'd probably be greeted with a more discussyness atmosphere, though, just gotta look for em.
Aug 13, 2015 4:30 AM

Apr 2015
That's how it feels like talking about Emiya Shirou with Non-Vn readers.
Aug 13, 2015 4:31 AM
Aug 2015
Tylaen said:

yeah its toxic and these people still think they are funny when in fact its not funny and they are the bane of the community
Aug 13, 2015 4:36 AM

Jun 2015
OP, I think you're the troll here.
Aug 13, 2015 5:20 AM
Jul 2018
Its just you who takes jokes seriously.
Aug 13, 2015 5:23 AM

Jan 2015
Japanimation is bad
and you should feel bad
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 13, 2015 5:25 AM

Nov 2014
Tylaen said:
Aug 13, 2015 5:28 AM

Jan 2015
Karadzic said:
Japanimation is bad
and you should feel bad

Never have truer words been spoken.
Aug 13, 2015 5:29 AM
Aug 2015
Irrelative said:
Tylaen said:

hes not that different from in the anime btw
its just that not many people with good taste read vn
think about it
Aug 13, 2015 5:32 AM

Jan 2015
TheBleachGod said:
its just that not many people with good taste
>good taste
>watches Japanimation
>is a Japanimation fan

mayb you should just concentrate on your job than lurk here. Not all people are employed y know...... So please treasure your job
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Aug 13, 2015 5:56 AM

Nov 2009
TheBleachGod said:
Everytime I talk about Bleach they come with troll the heart or some other crap.
Like none can discus certain shows anymore but instead needs to post some stupid meme.
Ever happened to you?

I've been posting on these boards for a week or two, and i'm already tired of people being really stupid about certain anime or anime in general (see Karadzic, above). Maybe I should go look for some other forum.
Aug 13, 2015 8:07 AM

Nov 2014
Fate series has been cancerous since Fate/zero secondaries joined in.( it was cancerous before but much much more now)

4chan has the best Fate series discussions because Secondaries(anime only watcher) are pretty much Banned on the discussions.

And when I mean Banned in 4 chan I mean you get trolled the fuck out and no one listens to you're opinion unless you have proof you read the VN.

just look at MAL fate threads very cancerous with Vn readers vs Anime only watchers vs Fate/zero fanboys fighting every episode thread
Aug 13, 2015 8:10 AM

Feb 2015
TheBleachGod said:
Irrelative said:

hes not that different from in the anime btw

thats subjective...without his monologues,he is bland(?)..with his monologues,he is something else..
Aug 13, 2015 8:33 AM

May 2015
I find it easy to have opinions about popular stuff because everyone has something to say about them. I find that I have a lot to respond to. That's why I'll end up writing more about a popular series than an obscure one.

I agree that popularity often leads to bad discussions. Popularity seems to amplify the emotions of all sides. Everyone seems to be more concerned into Defeating the Opposite Team rather than to discuss shows. It's like how political discussions degenerate into Left/Right, and we stop discussing ideas.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 13, 2015 8:37 AM

Dec 2012
royaldocks said:
Fate series has been cancerous since Fate/zero secondaries joined in.( it was cancerous before but much much more now)

4chan has the best Fate series discussions because Secondaries(anime only watcher) are pretty much Banned on the discussions.

And when I mean Banned in 4 chan I mean you get trolled the fuck out and no one listens to you're opinion unless you have proof you read the VN.

just look at MAL fate threads very cancerous with Vn readers vs Anime only watchers vs Fate/zero fanboys fighting every episode thread
But Kurosaki-kun, people die when they are killed! And Yeah I prefer F/Z to Stay Night, I'm shaking in my boots Mr. 4chan.
Aug 13, 2015 8:39 AM

Dec 2012
I don't watch anime like those, so..
Aug 13, 2015 8:41 AM

Feb 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:
But Kurosaki-kun, people die when they are killed! And Yeah I prefer F/Z to Stay Night, I'm shaking in my boots Mr. 4chan.

How dare you have a different opinion?You filthy secondary lol
Aug 13, 2015 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
Secondaries don't get opinions on Fate/, smh.
Aug 13, 2015 8:48 AM

Apr 2015
I guess I should've expected my comment to turn into this.
Aug 13, 2015 8:58 AM

Nov 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
royaldocks said:

And so do I. F/Z is one of my top 15 anime. I only gave UBW S2 6/10.

But still dont change the fact that there is a lot of fate/zero plebs out there who cause trouble once they enter the threads. at least I read the VN first so I can back my stuff up unless its a anime only discussions which is fair enough everyone's opinion is counted :)
Aug 13, 2015 9:06 AM
Dec 2013
Sometimes it is annoying when someone from school always talks about the mainstream stuff that she says I have to watch or it's all she will talk about with me. Some popular shows are very good but when she talks about particular shows that I have to watch because they're popular, I find it annoying.
However, it does give me quite a lot for me to talk about when I finish an anime that she has watched and she knows what I am talking about when I say certain things which is cool.
But I haven't really experienced it online cos I never usually talk about really popular anime a whole lot :/
Aug 13, 2015 9:10 AM

Sep 2013
terraf formars isn't taken seriously by blacks, but that's to be expected since it depicts the white's superiority.

tsudecimo said:

We all know naruto is a joke :P
Aug 13, 2015 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
Did this turn into a Fate thread?
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Aug 13, 2015 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
royaldocks said:

But still dont change the fact that there is a lot of fate/zero plebs out there who cause trouble once they enter the threads. at least I read the VN first so I can back my stuff up unless its a anime only discussions which is fair enough everyone's opinion is counted :)
Hey it's all good, I've read the VN 14 times now so anyone who's only read it once is a pitiful tertiary in my eyes.
Aug 13, 2015 11:33 AM

Mar 2015
Don't talk about how great Shirou is in the vn in an anime forum, he sucks in every anime adaptions so far and that's the truth.
Aug 13, 2015 11:34 AM

Apr 2013
Karadzic said:
Japanimation is bad
and you should feel bad

That's rude and you hurt my feelings m8.
I thought u were a nice guy.
Aug 13, 2015 11:37 AM

Dec 2012
Forgetfulness said:
tsudecimo said:
You've watched F/sn though, and apparently everybody loves to post the "People die when they are killed" or "Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right" picture to instantly discredit the show because "hurdurr look at how retarded this isss"

Maybe but titles I think of when I read the title are inferno cop, Ninja slayer, LOGH, Glasslip, Elfen lied, maybe Akame ga kill, etc
Aug 13, 2015 11:40 AM

Nov 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
royaldocks said:

Hey it's all good, I've read the VN 14 times now so anyone who's only read it once is a pitiful tertiary in my eyes.

I hope thats with the Hentai scenes on or it does not count !
Aug 13, 2015 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
Am I the only one that still likes the anime Shirou while I'm reading the goddamn VN?
Wait, I shouldn't say things like that. I'm no fucking special snowflake.
Aug 13, 2015 11:44 AM

Feb 2015
Poltergeist18 said:
Am I the only one that still likes the anime Shirou while I'm reading the goddamn VN?

you are indeed a special snowflake.Run while you are still sane.
Aug 13, 2015 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
laidellent said:
Poltergeist18 said:

you are indeed a special snowflake.Run while you are still sane.

Jeez, now I have to bear the burden of saying shit like this... But I can't deny it. I really still find him alright.
Poltergeist18Aug 13, 2015 11:48 AM
Aug 13, 2015 4:42 PM

Nov 2011
G_Spark233 said:
That's just another reason why the online community should never be taken too seriously.

Are we implying that people are more reasonable irl?

OT: Not really? I'm not sure if I've watched anything like that, actually.
Aug 13, 2015 4:46 PM

May 2013
The memes Jack.
Aug 13, 2015 4:53 PM
Jul 2018
hoopla123 said:
Karadzic said:
Japanimation is bad
and you should feel bad

That's rude and you hurt my feelings m8.
I thought u were a nice guy.
Fascism is an inherently evil concept. Its concept is radical and wishes to preserve a sort of "status quo" and the stability of a traditional order.

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 31 minutes ago

11 by Zayvex »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - Yesterday

20 by BlueBullet178 »»
2 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 4 hours ago

26 by Horizon248 »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

88 by ColourWheel »»
4 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

63 by BlueBullet178 »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.