Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 19, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2013
IsGalis said:
You know, the last few episodes haven't been quite as exciting for me...
If I wanted to watch a show about idols and units, I would've. I was expecting more seiyuu-ish stuff.
Of course, there's the possibility that if the girls become famous then they could dabble with ease in the voice acting field.
I'm hoping that'll happen some time soon... but at the same time I doubt it.
I think the one thing I did like about this episode was Futaba dealing with rejection. It was very relatable.

Uuh.. they can't exactly make 12 episodes about recording in a studio. There's only so much job quirks that you can show before it got repetitive. Even Shirobako didn't necessarily focus on anime production all the time. Plus what do you mean seiyuu-ish? nowadays a lot of seiyuu also became idols or in idol units (Sphere? StylipS?). As far as seiyuu goes, what they're doing right now is pretty seiyuu-ish.
Aug 22, 2015 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Oh shit! Being replaced by someone you're working with hurts. I'm glad she got over it byt the end and the song doesn't sound bad at all.

The Queen of Tsunderes this time!
Aug 24, 2015 10:48 AM

Jun 2015
The message of this episode wasn't a bad one, but...the way that white haired girl (forgot her name) delivered it was kinda fucked up. x_x
Aug 28, 2015 3:58 PM

Dec 2012
OH Rie Kugimiya ! The best episode so far, Rie Kugimiya is my favorite seiyuu and she was so cute and kind in the episode.

This episode was touching, the sad part was really well done. Poor Futaba, she was so sad to haven't received the role :/.
Oct 10, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2012
Not too shabby! Pretty decent episode in general, let's see what's next.
Oct 18, 2015 12:20 PM

Jan 2011
I hope they're gonna animate some real dancing, but I'm afraid it won't happen with a budget this low. :(
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 20, 2016 10:48 PM

Oct 2012
I must say Kugimiya-san's character really looked like her a lot, especially the face and smile xD
"Signature removed"
Mar 27, 2016 8:19 AM

Feb 2013
I hated Futaba a lot this episode.
So what if she didn't get the stupid role, she only thought about herself,she even made Rin cry,she is the worst character of the anime by far.
Apr 11, 2016 1:41 PM
Aug 2009
MoeGod said:
IsGalis said:
You know, the last few episodes haven't been quite as exciting for me...
If I wanted to watch a show about idols and units, I would've. I was expecting more seiyuu-ish stuff.
Of course, there's the possibility that if the girls become famous then they could dabble with ease in the voice acting field.
I'm hoping that'll happen some time soon... but at the same time I doubt it.
I think the one thing I did like about this episode was Futaba dealing with rejection. It was very relatable.

Uuh.. they can't exactly make 12 episodes about recording in a studio. There's only so much job quirks that you can show before it got repetitive. Even Shirobako didn't necessarily focus on anime production all the time. Plus what do you mean seiyuu-ish? nowadays a lot of seiyuu also became idols or in idol units (Sphere? StylipS?). As far as seiyuu goes, what they're doing right now is pretty seiyuu-ish.

The thing is, it turned from a voice acting into Idol show now which there are thousands off. I understand you cannot do the voice acting alone for 12 episodes but surely there should be a better way than straight up changing the subject of your show? The most voice acting in these last episodes was from either the cameo guest voice actors or purely for drama purposes.
Shirobako was amazing exactly because it purely focused on the whole anime creation and the people around it. They never decided "you know, lets create a manga instead".
Nov 17, 2016 1:27 AM
Apr 2015
Assirra said:

The thing is, it turned from a voice acting into Idol show now which there are thousands off. I understand you cannot do the voice acting alone for 12 episodes but surely there should be a better way than straight up changing the subject of your show? The most voice acting in these last episodes was from either the cameo guest voice actors or purely for drama purposes.
Shirobako was amazing exactly because it purely focused on the whole anime creation and the people around it. They never decided "you know, lets create a manga instead".

This show is about seiyuu's life, which these days includes becoming idols. Voicing for anime is only part of their stories.
Mar 24, 2017 5:09 PM
Mar 2016
this episode both made me cry alittle and also made me have an thats Rie Kugamiya! moment almost simultaneously.

poor Futaba, she was so looking forward to working with Kugimiya once again too :(
Jan 2, 2019 12:16 PM

Jul 2016
It was a nice episode. I felt a bit bad for Futaba but honestly, she shouldn't have taken her role in the new anime as something granted but well, I guess she couldn't help it. The way the drama was handled was really good too, it felt very realistic.

That aside, I'm glad she managed to get over it with some harsh but true words from Shiodome. That was some nice character development for Futaba, for sure.
Sep 18, 2020 4:29 AM

Dec 2010
RieKug is an instant 5/5.

Another grim reality bombshell dropped in this episode...

Just because you worked on drama CDs/CMs do not guarantee the same for the main series.
And not just side characters, even the main characters sometimes change depending on the circumstances.

Love this anime <3 and of course RieKug <3 <3
Feb 5, 2023 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
And now..
Another famous VA Kugimiya Rie 🤣 they really make her animation version too kinda funny n awkward for her (maybe)

May 8, 2023 8:58 AM
May 2018
The first instance of conflict in the series, made it much more interesting. Ngl, it was pretty boring to get through the first 4 episodes - admittedly portraying how bland the initial stages of a seiyuu career can be
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2015

67 by White_Alice »»
Feb 4, 2023 4:29 PM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

74 by Alsan816 »»
Feb 20, 2022 8:38 PM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

91 by Atavistic »»
May 4, 2021 6:02 AM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2015

62 by booyah10 »»
Sep 19, 2020 3:04 AM

Poll: » Sore ga Seiyuu! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2015

51 by booyah10 »»
Sep 19, 2020 2:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.