Forums
New
Does Lelouch survive
Aug 8, 2015 9:43 PM
Aug 2015
Do you think Lelouch survives? Yes or no and provide an explanation
Aug 8, 2015 9:46 PM

Jan 2009
read the front page of this club, they explained what i have in mind - http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=6836

but the director claims that Lelouch is dead though, he maybe trolling just to keep the controversy surrounding Lelouch going
Aug 8, 2015 9:50 PM

Nov 2013
He's most-likely dead. Unless the movies airing right now gives us some huge surprise eventually, he's presumed dead.

Explanation? He gets stabbed by Suzaku.

I liked Lelouch as well, but he deserved to die. If you want more Lelouche, he appears in the movies.
Aug 9, 2015 1:45 AM
Aug 2015
I don't want him to die. I am ready to sell my soul to have r3. Hear my prayers
Aug 11, 2015 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
VallyrieVanPelt said:
I don't want him to die. I am ready to sell my soul to have r3. Hear my prayers

I think you should keep your soul. As much as I enjoyed the first part of R1, after watching R2 I am scared of losing my mind by watching anything related to Code Geass. Even though I am a very curious person, I do not feel like trying to watch the movies because of all the stuff that happened in R2. Full of knightmares for nothing.
Aug 11, 2015 3:56 PM

Apr 2014
he deaded
Aug 11, 2015 4:12 PM

Aug 2015
Lelouch is dead and this is the short explanation:
The nun (we never learn her name) dies and C.C takes the immortality power
V.V dies and Charles takes the immortality power
C.C does Not die, which means that Lelouch is still mortal, therefore he dies stabbed in the chest
PuchkovAug 12, 2015 5:29 AM
Aug 18, 2015 2:12 PM

Sep 2014
Due to that scene with the guy who looks like Lelouche driving a horse cart, im pretty sure the creators left it open for veiwers interpretation
Dec 16, 2015 3:15 AM
Dec 2015
Here is my explanation of the ending.

https://redd.it/3ozjl0
Dec 16, 2015 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
NO.

People draft theories and all but it's impossible due to the one fact that the creator says he isn't .Any evidence that the anime seems to produce against that simply means that the anime is flawed .The writer simply created contradictions against his intended story .
SodiumChlorideFeb 21, 2016 4:19 AM
Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Feb 17, 2016 2:49 AM
Feb 2016
He is alive!!!!

http://youtu.be/gNhyzoq4mxo

In the Japanese version you see him but in American version they don't say.
Feb 20, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
Yay, he's alive :)
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Feb 20, 2016 11:31 PM

Mar 2015
SodiumChloride said:
NO.

People draft theories and all but It's impossible due to the one fact that the creator says he isn't .Any evidence that the anime seems to produce against that simply means that the anime is flawed .Th writer simply created contradictions to his intended .

I thought the creator says he dies. In Code Geass, characters die a lot but aren't dead.

He "survives" by notion of not being conclusively dead. As the mechanics of Geass aren't extremely clear, there is nothing to rule out the possibility that he is still alive somehow.
Aug 3, 2016 2:32 AM
Jun 2009
FloatingIdiot said:

He "survives" by notion of not being conclusively dead. As the mechanics of Geass aren't extremely clear, there is nothing to rule out the possibility that he is still alive somehow.

It's like in Highlander, he has to die once for the immortality to kick in :)
Sep 30, 2016 9:27 AM

Aug 2012
FloatingIdiot said:
SodiumChloride said:
NO.

People draft theories and all but It's impossible due to the one fact that the creator says he isn't .Any evidence that the anime seems to produce against that simply means that the anime is flawed .Th writer simply created contradictions to his intended .

I thought the creator says he dies. In Code Geass, characters die a lot but aren't dead.

Agree, if ending too decisive than people will lost interest on series. Inconclusive manga is genius plot to keep fans engaged.
Oct 18, 2016 10:40 AM
Oct 2015
I think this poll should have the extra option of "partially".

All of the technical issues suggesting that Lelouch is alive are fairly well refuted in many other threads and also like has been mentioned in most of thouse threads, Lelouch staying alive undermines his entire atonement and self-sacrifice theme.

However, even though that there are various attempts at an explanation, if Lelouch is truly dead C.C.'s happy ending scene does seem rather off. Especially when you take into account that even though she seemed to establish some level of connection to characters other than Lelouch, during Kallen's end narrative she doesn't appear in any of the group scenes/photos thus implying that she ended up being isolated and alone again.
Also the miraculous birthday group dream shouldn't be possible without some sort of C world intervention.

And thus the opinion i present is this:
At the moment of Lelouch's physical death, the normal process that should have frozen his soul and turned him into a memory has malfunctioned and left him as a C world ghost ( more or less like Marianne when she left Anya's body and entered the C world).

possible technical explanations:
1. The thought elevator wasn't entirely destroyed and with Charles gone he gained control over the system.
2. Having used Geass to command the collective will from within the C world he became a separate element from the collective will
3. C.C.'s final prayer was actually her method of exerting her power/authority over the C world and thus trying to override he system and prevent Lelouch from dying.

consequences:

1. Lelouch focuses on exploring/researching/understanding the nature/purpose/functionality of the C world.
2. After doing 1 for a while, Leuluch gains the ability to telepathically communicate with C.C. and maybe even manifesting within her personal world ( memory gallery ) thus alleviating her solitude.
3. After doing 1 for a bit longer, Lelouch gains the ability to manipulate and manifest within dreams thus giving him the ability th create the miraculous birthday dream. also C.C. final scene from the anime could work really well if it happened right after the miraculous birthday.
-speculative future-
4. as the years and decades pass by, Lelouch becomes the Guardian/overseer of the C world, preventing anyone from abusing it like Charles tried to do and limiting the activities of code holders and geass users so that they would not imbalance the normal world too much.
5. centuries and millenniums down the road as humanity matures he becomes the guide that helps integrate the C world into the real one and help humanity move on it's path to sublimation.
Oct 18, 2016 12:47 PM

Feb 2016
Wut? Lelouch is dead and the ending is such a masterpiece as it is.. why do u even have to think stupid theories and building castles in the air .. he sacrified himself for a better world .. it s not that hard

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 14, 2008

305 by Beatnik »»
Feb 17, 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.