Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2015 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Thus ends Wham, one of my favorite villains in JoJo & along with his defeat, comes the conclusion of the Chariot Race fight, one of my favorite fights in JoJo. Only nine chapters left, sure to be a fun finish.
Aug 7, 2016 8:44 PM

Aug 2014
Major respect for Wham there.
Feb 7, 2018 10:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Honor? Incredible this chapter!!!
Sep 11, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2015
RIP Wamuu, in the end, he was a great warrior.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 17, 2018 3:26 PM

May 2016
They might've been enemies but as rivals, Wamuu and Joseph's relationship was real. For honoring Caesar's last wish as a warrior, Wamuu's dying pain was eased and he was finally given a sense of fulfillment in the 12000 years of life he had after battling someone who was more noble than he was. Just like Bruford's death, his passing made me feel very sad as well.

While Wamuu is the noble warrior who lives by his code, Kars is a cunning strategian who will do anything to succeed in his plans no matter how despicable it was. His hair's gorgeous and how his blade glowed in that last shot was mesmerizing~

Dec 16, 2018 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
RIP Wham, you were a true warrior.
May 8, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2017
That was a great final act by Wamuu. Firing his own decapitated head from a crossbow to kill a hoard of vampires.
Nov 22, 2019 12:32 PM

Jun 2016
I just cried pretty hard and totally unexpectedly. While Wham was exploding I felt no emotion at all. Yet, all of a sudden it came pouring out. With no doubt help from Joseph’s response that is, Joseph tapping into his inner Jonathan and respecting his enemies kills me inside. It’s one of my favorite parts of Jonathan, with ACDC and Stroheim it was good, but it was its strongest here. I think Battle Tendency is perfect at implementing humor into sadness to make it hit even harder, like Lisa Lisa’s upside down cigarette or here, Joseph did a non gotcha “you’re line will be”. It was all to get Wham to recognize that it was not pity Joseph felt, but respect, respect like Wham had for Caesar. It was when he eased Wham’s wounds and he smiled that the tears started pouring. Wham may have felt bouts of humiliation, but Joseph has proved himself. Wham was glad to have lost to a warrior more honorable than himself, he lived by a code and died by it. And just like the distinction between pity and respect, Joseph made a distinction himself. He saluted the late Wham out of respect, not grief. There were no tears, but there is still sadness in seeing a man with such guts and principle go. Damn right he deserved the respect. And for Cars who clearly worried for his ally when Wham started his final move, the worst has come true. He flung his fist into the air to parallel Joseph’s salute. This hit everyone.

The Pillar Men strike this level of ambiguity that I previously said was Saint Seiya-esque. Even in the beginning Joseph picked a fight with Santana by bothering him. Then later the Pillar Men nearly ignored the Joseph and Caesar in the cave if they didn’t try to fight them. There isn’t ill will here from what we’ve seen, this is a way of life that directly crosses that of the ripple clan. It feels inevitable or natural even. One may say that the Pillar Men not valuing human life or by battling for the thrill of it is cruel, but I think these could be comparable to us hunting and eating animals. They genuinely feel and are almost completely right in stating that they are the top of the food chain. That’s why these conflicts feels so rich and sad. It makes me feel the way I have only ever felt with Saint Seiya before this. Both happen to be 80’s series full of sexy dudes fighting for their beliefs and pitted against each other without wanting to truly root for one or the other, with sadness and respect on both sides of the necessary confrontations.

At times I feel I am not as emotionally invested in Battle Tendency as I was in Phantom Blood, and although on a broader scale that may be true, these moments make me feel very intensely.

So, will Lisa Lisa reveal she’s Joseph’s mom and then die to Cars or something ultimately leaving Joseph to fight him? Let’s find out, his gorgeous hair is out so we know it’s time.
Nov 25, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
Wham was such a great character imo. I get a lot of Jonathan/ Bruford vibes from the whole development, but this time it was better portrayed and fleshed out. RIP Wham, he went on honorably and having no regrets.

Cars doesn't seem that pleased tho. It was cool that he killed those shitty vampires who so quickly turned against their master wow.
Sep 12, 2020 6:49 PM

Oct 2013
Wham proved to be a true warrior and such a cool villain. He died with honor. He might've been Joseph's enemy, but their relationship as rivals was really beautiful in its specificness and full of mutual respect.

I liked the scene in which Cars killed those vampires that were disrespectful towards Wham.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 69 Discussion

TuzoAnime - May 7, 2010

38 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 68 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

12 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 67 Discussion

9 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 66 Discussion

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 64 Discussion

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.