Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 9, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Just to say, the reason Mora was so astounded about that IS because he ran at a ridiculous speed considering the situation he was in and his wound. That's why she said that Adlet is dangerous. A normal human shouldn't be able to run that much that fast under those conditions. So the anime is actually giving you clue about the reason he escaped.
He wasn't slowed down at all by the knife or fremy. That's the whole point here.

Is that a plothole or nitpicking? With the night falling soon, he covered several kms of very dense forest in the fog with an illusion spell going on, running fast enough to have Chamo lose track of him (meaning, he ran VERY FAST contrary to what you think, or else he wouldn't have escaped Chamo's monitoring- and Chami is indeed saying her surprise to his speed and to have lost his track), crossing river like the one we saw which isn't helping keeping tracks either, and you're complaining about blood trail? He don't have his steel box with him, and he was running full speed with that. I don't think Fremy is especially heavier than that. The whole point is, "he ran at full speed despite being wounded until he passed out". If you think you track a man based on the blood left in the forest , feel free to think that. I'll be simply honest here and say that I don't believe it's realistic at all. Peoples being able to track someone wounded who run at full speed using simply blood stains with the amount of problem I listed above would clearly be a plothole to me. If you have a dog then why not. But a human doing that? Sounds soooo fishy to me.

Well, I don't think there is a better explanation than the one I just said, so if you want to call that a plot hole, feel free to nitpick that much.
ZefyrisAug 9, 2015 11:40 AM
Aug 9, 2015 11:54 AM

Aug 2008
Barion-Zara said:
Tokoya said:
Hopefully both of these mysteries will get resolved next week

Lol, this is what the whole series is gonna be about. Don't go expecting it to be resolved in 1 ep XD

What seriously? So we have to wait until final episode to know who are the fake? We have to wait for the sequel to see them fight the demon? Is this even going to help the bluray/dvd selling well in Japan? If it doesn't sell well the it's really the animation team fault. Or is the anime getting close to the LN or what?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 9, 2015 11:56 AM

Jun 2014
Zefyris said:
Hissatsu89 said:

I know why he's under suspicion and I understand that he would be the one they suspect the most, but what I reacted at was when Mora (or Maura, whichever) said he dug his own grave by fighting back and taking Flamie hostage. And really, it was quite obvious they weren't going to stop so taking someone hostage was the only thing he could do to prevent them from continuing their attack. That and it was obvious no one else was going to stop Goldof and Hans. She used the fact that he fought back as a way to say "Yep, he's the seventh Brave" and that bothers me as they still have no proof. Again, what did they expect him to do? Just let them kill him? They're being unreasonable simply because they suspect Adlet.

I didn't think it was necessary to explain Mora's reaction but it seems it is actually.
He dug his own grave by taking hostage the girl he was so eager to defend earlier.
It's like saying "despite showing that I care about her earlier if I'm in danger I'm using her as a shield".
Not only is that extremely low to do that, but that denies all he did earlier as being just an act.
What Mora didn't like isn't him fighting back. She despise him taking Fremy as a hostage. How is "good guy adlet" who was risking his life to protect fremy would do that? Except if he "dropped the act"?
Add to that hans accusation that he can't refute, and you have the perfect seventh here. With the strong accusion on him, it's not like he needed to do a lot. Taking a hostage and in particular Fremy was so low that it's the decisive thing for Mora.
It's just that really.

He was unprovokedly attacked and none of the others besides Nashetania showed any sign of stopping Goldof and Hans. Taking Flamie as a hostage was a rash thing to do yes, but it's painfully obvious he had no other choice.
One could also argue that since he defended her so much, would he really kill her?
Really? For someone who was so insistent on Flamie cooperating with the other Braves and even defending her from Goldof and Nashetania you think it was all just an act? I don't agree but okay.
Again, he wasn't left with any other choice. It was obvious they weren't going to let him investigate and gather evidence to prove his innocence and then he was attacked by a highly skilled warrior and a highly skilled assassin out of nowhere. He would have a hard time fighting against them one on one as it is and both of them were attacking him. He had to act fast, and Flamie was the only one who he could take hostage. He didn't do it because he wanted to. He was forced to. Mora was too biased in that situation to see that and that's what bothers me.
He couldn't refute it yes, but he was also never given an opportunity to find evidence to prove his innocence. "Innocent until proven guilty". I'm bringing this saying up again. I'm not saying them suspecting him is wrong because it is suspicious. But they had no proof and they didn't really give him an opportunity to do anything about that. They pushed Adlet to do something he didn't actually want to do by attacking him. And again, no one showed any sign of stopping Goldof and Hans, except Nashetania who shouted Goldof's name. Yet Mora was very quick to talk Chamot down when she wanted to torture Flamie. Seeing as Mora is so incredibly analytical and intelligent I guess I just expected to her to be more reasonable. I can kind of understand Mora's reaction but I don't agree with it.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.
Hissatsu89Aug 9, 2015 12:01 PM
Aug 9, 2015 12:03 PM
Apr 2008
Main suspect for me is Mora.
Main reasons are
1- she had the seal to open the door
2. When Adlet used his explosives after the dust settled it did 0 damage yet somehow "opened the door" which is made by some great saint of sealing (not likely unless it was a magic emp grenade)
3. Although the seal on mora's back isnt easiest area she could check her seal and be 100% sure if she knew she was a brave where as with hans its not certain if he legit or not, unless seal she had is fake in which case it wouldn't react which would be why she would check hans.
4. her saint powers are unknown
5. Fremmy said she felt pain as a half demon and the shapeshifting demon shouldn't have been able to go near the pillars at all

If Mora's ability was illusions she could open door with her seal then walk in freely under an illusion to avoid gaurds and activate the barrier. After that all she would have to do is walk out past gaurdians, give the appearance of a closed door, add a fake shapeshfting fiend in the front then start raining fake bombs to draw in a brave as a scapegoat for her deeds.
Aug 9, 2015 12:08 PM
May 2015
@Zefirys: I don't think I said it was filler....might be misunderstanding something.

So only Vol 1 is mystery-ish aka they resolve who the 7th is in Vol 1?
Aug 9, 2015 12:10 PM

Apr 2013
Hissatsu89 said:

He was unprovokedly attacked and none of the others besides Nashetania showed any sign of stopping Goldof and Hans. Taking Flamie as a hostage was a rash thing to do yes, but it's painfully obvious he had no other choice.
One could also argue that since he defended her so much, would he really kill her?
Really? For someone who was so insistent on Flamie cooperating with the other Braves and even defending her from Goldof and Nashetania you think it was all just an act? I don't agree but okay.
Again, he wasn't left with any other choice. It was obvious they weren't going to let him investigate and gather evidence to prove his innocence and then he was attacked by a highly skilled warrior and a highly skilled assassin out of nowhere. He would have a hard time fighting against them one on one as it is and both of them were attacking him. He had to act fast, and Flamie was the only one who he could take hostage. He didn't do it because he wanted to. He was forced to. Mora was too biased in that situation to see that and that's what bothers me.
He couldn't refute it yes, but he was also never given an opportunity to find evidence to prove his innocence. "Innocent until proven guilty". I'm bringing this saying up again. I'm not saying them suspecting him is wrong because it is suspicious. But they had no proof and they didn't really give him an opportunity to do anything about that. They pushed Adlet to do something he didn't actually want to do by attacking him. And again, no one showed any sign of stopping Goldof and Hans, except Nashetania who shouted Goldof's name. Yet Mora was very quick to talk Chamot down when she wanted to torture Flamie. Seeing as Mora is so incredibly analytical and intelligent I guess I just expected to her to be more reasonable. I can kind of understand Mora's reaction but I don't agree with it.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

You answered yourself at the first line. "it was a rash thing to do". In fact, for someone like Mora, it's more like "it was despicable". He took someone who was neutral as an hostage. Someone who is a girl, and a girl he seriously promised to protect from the others, and he used her a shield.

He would kill her if defending her was an act to bring her in the group. Since if he's the seventh, he knows very well that if seven are gathered, the first one to be killed would be her. So if the seventh' goal is to have seven peoples inside the barrier so that they suspect each other, he NEEDED to bring her there. However, now that they are there, he just keep the act because if he acted otherwise he would fall suspicious. Furthermore, if he insist that the traitor isn't Fremy and that he's proved right, he won't be the next being suspected at all. Usually, psychologically, peoples that tried to avoid an innocent being killed aren't seen as suspicious as those who insisted iklling her. If you noticed, Adlet did nothing for Fremy when she was chained. Even when she was dragged along by Goldof.
But obviously if he's becoming the prime target then she has no value other than a shield.

Now let's go back to the situation they were in. Adlet was accused. Mora was already thinking he was the culprit, but still hesitating a bit. Hans' accusations makes perfect sense, Adlet's tries all ended in being denied and Mora is the best placed to know they were poorly thought out excuse.
So why was she hesitating? Because Adlet's kind attitude. Which switched completely the moment he was attacked, showing that it's probably just an act. I mean I would never take in hostage a girl i nthis situation. That's below everything. There is no excuse here, Fremy wasn't attacking him, she was neutral. He took an innocent and used her as a shield. And of all persons, the girl he promised to protect from them.

He wasn't forced to take an hostage.
And you're not into a court. He was proved guilty and couldn't find a single explanation stopping those proofs. Right now, he's extremely guilty until proved innocent.And that extremely guilty just took an hostage, of all things he could do there to defend himself.
He could have used that flash bomb to run, but no, he used it to take a hostage. How despicable is that? He WAS proved guilty. No one in the room has any proper objection to the proof given by Hans and backed by Fremy and Mora.
Mora seemed disposed to just neutralise him until she could see if there was really no way to prove him innocent when he did that. YES he was attacked. That's besides the point. He just showed in front of everyone what kind of despicable person he is, which coincides exactly to the rumors about him after the Pienna tournament.

He dug his own grave indeed. He just removed the only thing still making Mora hesitating about him.
ZefyrisAug 9, 2015 12:17 PM
Aug 9, 2015 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
@Zefirys: I don't think I said it was filler....might be misunderstanding something.

So only Vol 1 is mystery-ish aka they resolve who the 7th is in Vol 1?

Damn, sorry, I misquoted, and I corrected that now .
That wasn't your post I wanted to quote here...

No that's not the only one, but the balance mystery/psychological/heroic fantasy in the first volume is like 50%mystery/25%psychological/25% Heroic fantasy. In following volume, the proportion held by the psychological component and the heroic fantasy ones rise. There isn't a mystery in every volume either. Volume 4 doesn't have one. Volume 2 and 3 have one, and a very important one as well. Just not as strongly present as the first volume.
Aug 9, 2015 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
Alright. This is really dragging on now. The show is half over and they MADE NO PROGRESS AT ALL.

I was expecting an action adventure. not an over hyped game of fuckin Clue.

How do you guys find this so interesting? Its so boring.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 9, 2015 12:51 PM
Jan 2014
Rebelhero said:
Alright. This is really dragging on now. The show is half over and they MADE NO PROGRESS AT ALL.

You seem like the type that likes movies like Transformers and hates movies like The Prestige/Inception.

I WANT EXPLOSIONS BOOM BOOM HEEEHEEHEE.
Aug 9, 2015 12:52 PM

May 2015
Mora... or Arlet...

I'm sure one of them is the 7th...

Aug 9, 2015 1:03 PM
Mar 2013
6 episode and still think that adlet is loser not worth of mc title :/ i hope he will show his true mainly side
Aug 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Jul 2007
Rebelhero said:

Go rewatch ufoubw then. Its right up your alley - full of explosions, fanservice and horrible pacing, with anything relatively thoughtful removed.
Aug 9, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Rebelhero said:

That's because different taste, you know. I love well built (and especially very innovative and original like this one) mystery stories. You obviously don't, liking action show. I personally think that action show are mostly boring. I like action like everyone else, but I like action in between good story element, so RnY is right up my alley. It's not yours it seem. The show has made more progress than most other shows I'm watching this season btw, so that's not even true.

You know I've seen a lot of hypothesis on several boards about "how the culprit did it". And in this episode, it was very funny in a sense because it was like Adlet read those boards and was listing all the possibilities said here and there. Seriously, if I didn't know that the original work was already like that, I would believe that the animation studio looked at the board to see "let's see, what theories should we break next episode..." xD.
It was a very impotant episode even outside of the two very important events happening in it, because it
1) brought the last clues necessary to solve it
2) brought a lot of supplementary information to deny almost any other possibility than the correct one (stilla few false remaining) if you think properly.

Now there's 6 episodes left. Who can find how it was done and by who ? And bonus question, for which reason? (that can be answered as well before the 12th episodes comes) :].
ZefyrisAug 9, 2015 1:28 PM
Aug 9, 2015 1:27 PM

Jan 2013
Mora is propitious as she literally sits on all the crucial information and is in the best position to manipulate everyone. He can config and deny all claims without any need for proof. Best position.

Same goes for Nashetania who constantly try to manipulate two guys to fight for her.

Adlet is weird who wanted to simply trick the tournament. He has no real proof , only thing we can argue with is that "he is the strongest" and "he is a Rokka" and repeat the sentences like 5 times per episode
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Aug 9, 2015 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
So...the 8th is hiding?
Aug 9, 2015 1:42 PM
Jan 2014
Zefyris said:
Rebelhero said:

That's because different taste, you know. I love well built (and especially very innovative and original like this one) mystery stories. You obviously don't, liking action show. I personally think that action show are mostly boring. I like action like everyone else, but I like action in between good story element, so RnY is right up my alley. It's not yours it seem. The show has made more progress than most other shows I'm watching this season btw, so that's not even true.

You know I've seen a lot of hypothesis on several boards about "how the culprit did it". And in this episode, it was very funny in a sense because it was like Adlet read those boards and was listing all the possibilities said here and there. Seriously, if I didn't know that the original work was already like that, I would believe that the animation studio looked at the board to see "let's see, what theories should we break next episode..." xD.
It was a very impotant episode even outside of the two very important events happening in it, because it
1) brought the last clues necessary to solve it
2) brought a lot of supplementary information to deny any other possibility than the correct one if you think properly.

Now there's 6 episodes left. Who can find how it was done and by who ? And bonus question, for which reason? (that can be answered as well before the 12th episodes comes) :].

We DO have all the information? Meaning the 8th has been in the show?

I've slowly been thinking about a Nashetania/Goldov teamup WITH the 8th, so really, there's 3 conspirators possibly?

Goldov looking guilty as hell throughout the previous two episodes. When Nashetania pleads with Goldov to help Adlet, Goldov has that look like "BUT BOSS HE'S BEING SUSPECTED, WE'RE IN THE CLEAR."

Back in Episode 2 I think, Nashetania threw some blades at Adlet and was like "oops I got excited," but she coulda killed Adlet in his sleep I guess.

If it IS them, maybe Nashetania just feels entitled and shunned. "I'm the Saint of the Blades, how could I not be chosen??? I know I can defeat the Demon God so I'll tag along and help and prove my worth!"And of course Goldov is a lovesick puppy so he's like "Ok I won't tell on you."

At the same time, the only one who can "dig tunnels" is Chamo (APPARENTLY), so I'm torn. We have no Chamo backstory really, but maybe some mistreatment? The standard "I'm a powerful child and they used me as a weapon and ruined my childhood" thing?

I personally think we don't have enough info to point out WHY someone did it yet.
Aug 9, 2015 1:42 PM
Jul 2015
Sokah said:
Harrymanhunter said:
This was an okay episode. But I feel there was hardly ANY progression. This was almost a filler tbh. I guess this whole '''7th and 8th'' member arc will be stretched to two more episodes. Meh, Rokka got stale now.

The entire show is filler. Most anime would get this whole thing done by now and be halfway through the demon lands. The whole show is just going to be them getting the barrier down and starting their journey in order to get people to go buy the LN. Don't think of this as a show, think of it as an ad and you'll be much closer to the truth.

This is a mystery, not an adventure. It's like complaining that Sherlock Holmes doesn't capture the criminal by chapter 2 so he can finish his crossword or something. Like you don't read Sherlock Holmes books for learning about a crossword, you don't read Rokka for the adventure aspect of it, at least not the first volume. You read it for the mystery, the fact that the author decided to continue the series afterwards and shape it into an actual adventure is a bonus. Personally, I would have felt completely satisfied if there was only one volume in the series even if they didn't actually kill the demon king because it felt implied at that point that they would have no trouble doing so with the seventh gone.
Aug 9, 2015 1:51 PM
Jul 2015
Zapredon said:
Barion-Zara said:

Lol, this is what the whole series is gonna be about. Don't go expecting it to be resolved in 1 ep XD

What seriously? So we have to wait until final episode to know who are the fake? We have to wait for the sequel to see them fight the demon? Is this even going to help the bluray/dvd selling well in Japan? If it doesn't sell well the it's really the animation team fault. Or is the anime getting close to the LN or what?

I agree, all mystery novels/ movies should reveal the murderer whiten the first chapter. Then we can see the detectives hang out at the beach cause that's the main point of a mystery novel right?

If you're not into mystery and was looking for an adventure type anime, I would recommend you watch something else. Although starting from the 2nd volume (so 2nd season if there is one), the novel transitions from mystery being the focus with adventure as a side to a focus on adventure with a hint of mystery.
Aug 9, 2015 2:08 PM

Mar 2010
Huh? There is still some people who don't realize that Rokka is actual mystery story more than adventure after episode 5?
Aug 9, 2015 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:
Rebelhero said:

Go rewatch ufoubw then. Its right up your alley - full of explosions, fanservice and horrible pacing, with anything relatively thoughtful removed.

At least UBW isn't as shit as chaos dragon.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 9, 2015 2:34 PM

May 2012
It makes sense to be Chamot since he was the only one alone and he was the one who supposedly killed the demon who was in front of the temple. Probably he didn't kill that demon.
I despise woke people.
Aug 9, 2015 2:39 PM
May 2015
I still think it's Nashetania from the way she's been acting since the beginning of the show. The fact she was waiting for Adlett in to get the crest, the "random" attack, hesitating fighting fiends yet not thinking twice about killing a human (though the fiend thing could be an act), her outburst in the temple, and she clearly goaded Goldov into attacking Adlett....
Aug 9, 2015 2:59 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was pretty solid. Liking the whole mystery thing, can't wait for the revelation, I feel a slight need to spoil it for myself for just read the novels..

Fremy gets better every episode!
Aug 9, 2015 3:22 PM

Apr 2013
Just to correct a few things here x)
SovereignSky said:
I still think it's Nashetania from the way she's been acting since the beginning of the show.
1)The fact she was waiting for Adlett in to get the crest,
2)the "random" attack,
3) hesitating fighting fiends yet not thinking twice about killing a human (though the fiend thing could be an act),

1)She wasn't waiting for him. All the braves gets their crest at the exact same time. So when she got hers, she went to the prison to check if Adlet didn't get one. Because well, how much time before someone notice and get him out as a brave? She knew he was a possibility and was trapped there so she went. Saw his creft, got him out. That's really all there was to it. The moment the demon god start to awaken, the crests appear for everyone. So she was just in her palace as usual until that day. Didn't wait anyone.

2) That was hardly a random attack. Could even hardly be called an attack, more like she made him "dance" to frighten him a bit. So you know, if you aren't faithful to your god you can't use your power correctly as a saint. I shouldn't even have to explain that as it's very logical. She believe in her god , afteral, she's a saint chosen by that god. Think that god picked a random person not believing properly as its representative and head of his/her temple?? Adlet did just insult a god that basically saved Nashetania in the past by making her a saint, and therefore making her untouchable by the peoples plotting around her (think of what happened to her 6 years ago) so not only is she believing in that god but that god is pretty much a life saver for her. She was pissed and made him dance as a punishment. If she really wanted to kill, she could have done it with a 100% chance of success any time during their sleep. Saw those attacks against fremy? Think Adlet can dodge that while sleeping on the ground? :o
3 She didn't hesitate. Soldier even well trained are anxious and stressed at their first real fight. As soon as the second one, she was already ok. She fought a lot of fiends with goldof afterwards (cf the sentence " we lost our horse during fghts with the fiends - think goldof is unskilled enough to lose two horse in one single fight? no way as hell, they fought through several ambushes, that's pretty obvious)
Aug 9, 2015 3:27 PM
May 2015
Zefyris said:
SovereignSky said:
I still think it's Nashetania from the way she's been acting since the beginning of the show.
1)The fact she was waiting for Adlett in to get the crest,
2)the "random" attack,
3) hesitating fighting fiends yet not thinking twice about killing a human (though the fiend thing could be an act),

1)She wasn't waiting for him. All the braves gets their crest at the exact same time. So when she got hers, she went to the prison to check if Adlet didn't get one. Because well, how much time before someone notice and get him out as a brave? She knew he was a possibility and was trapped there so she went. Saw his creft, got him out. That's really all there was to it. The moment the demon god start to awaken, the crests appear for everyone. So she was just in her palace as usual until that day. Didn't wait anyone.

2) That was hardly a random attack. Could even hardly be called an attack, more like she made him "dance" to frighten him a bit. So you know, if you aren't faithful to your god you can't use your power correctly as a saint. I shouldn't even have to explain that as it's very logical. She believe in her god , afteral, she's a saint chosen by that god. Think that god picked a random person not believing properly as its representative and head of his/her temple?? Adlet did just insult a god that basically saved Nashetania in the past by making her a saint, and therefore making her untouchable by the peoples plotting around her (think of what happened to her 6 years ago) so not only is she believing in that god but that god is pretty much a life saver for her. She was pissed and made him dance as a punishment. If she really wanted to kill, she could have done it with a 100% chance of success any time during their sleep. Saw those attacks against fremy? Think Adlet can dodge that while sleeping on the ground? :o
3 She didn't hesitate. Soldier even well trained are anxious and stressed at their first real fight. As soon as the second one, she was already ok. She fought a lot of fiends with goldof afterwards (cf the sentence " we lost our horse during fghts with the fiends - think goldof is unskilled enough to lose two horse in one single fight? no way as hell, they fought through several ambushes, that's pretty obvious)

By waiting, I meant she went to him instead of just going her way and then meeting up later......I don't remember the insult part though
Aug 9, 2015 3:48 PM

Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
Zefyris said:

By waiting, I meant she went to him instead of just going her way and then meeting up later......I don't remember the insult part though

He called the gods "spoony/fond of women". "Onnazuki" in japanese is hardly a nice way to qualify someone, far from it. She reacted to that by saying "Well then I'm going to use plently the power of that spoony god" and fire at the ground bellow him to make him jump around (well the last were aimed at him rather than the ground, but that was after he was up with his sword in hand). The fact that she specifically repeated the insult he just made shows that this was in answer to the insult.
Aug 9, 2015 3:50 PM

Aug 2007
this is what i think, it might spoil if i'm right, mora is trying to frame adlet because he was probably trained by the last saint or the last person to defeat the demon king and she have some kind of groudge against him then chamot is in leage with her and is trying to get rid fremy . i don't know why they make it so long, mora is the only one with the key she says so last episode. i hope i'm wrong and its something ealse

Aug 9, 2015 4:23 PM

Jul 2014
RoyaiChaos said:

This is a mystery, not an adventure.

It started as an adventure and we got promised adventure. It will end as a mystery. That is bad storytelling, but good advertising, which is exactly why it was done.

To properly frame the show as a mystery they should have started in the barrier. They then could have gone back and shown you what you needed to know about the characters that is relevant to the barrier. By focusing on adventure at the start rather than the barrier like they should have they are just setting people up to want to get the LN to continue the story at the cost of making the show worse.

This isn't DanMachi bad where lots of elements had no relevance to the show at all and should not have been on screen, but sacrificing show quality to sell books is still bad.
Aug 9, 2015 4:33 PM
May 2015
Sokah said:
RoyaiChaos said:

It started as an adventure and we got promised adventure. It will end as a mystery. That is bad storytelling, but good advertising, which is exactly why it was done.

To properly frame the show as a mystery they should have started in the barrier. They then could have gone back and shown you what you needed to know about the characters that is relevant to the barrier. By focusing on adventure at the start rather than the barrier like they should have they are just setting people up to want to get the LN to continue the story at the cost of making the show worse.

This isn't DanMachi bad where lots of elements had no relevance to the show at all and should not have been on screen, but sacrificing show quality to sell books is still bad.

That's the point....the LN DID start of with the whole Adlett is the 7th thing but they decided to not spoil that in the anime....
Aug 9, 2015 4:34 PM

Apr 2015
Sokah said:
RoyaiChaos said:

"Adventure" Is a very broad term and several of the meaning's fall under what Is currently unfolding In Rokka no Yuusha. Bad storytelling does not entail restraining yourself to the readers expectation.

Sokah said:

Again, adventure. Broad term. What are you getting at here? It's not a cookie cutter murder mystery where we flash forward and back again at a constant rate, neither Is it the only way to setup a mystery show. It might be the one you prefer, unfortunately that does not make this show worse.
Aug 9, 2015 4:34 PM

Jul 2007
Sokah said:
RoyaiChaos said:

Its your problem that you treated the start as an adventure. It never fet like an adventure.
We got clues and character build up during their journey and then we got to the destination, the mystery was set up using the characterization and clues provided.
Aug 9, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
Sokah said:
RoyaiChaos said:

Well, good thingit's like that in the novel then? they skipped the prologue in the anime. Good, so the novels are good story telling. And an anime doesn't have the necessities as a novel so some things are obviously different. (They wrote everywhere that it was a mystery).
Aren't you glad, you just said yourself that RnY has good story telling.

Also, since it's not selling, it's bad advertising. Wah, looks like you got everything wrong here. Well, better luck next time. o/
Aug 9, 2015 4:40 PM

Apr 2015
The bad news Is we just ganged up on one guy. The good news Is that I came first.

On another note; Cold water In your blood, Zefyris.
Aug 9, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
Adelet's family died but he lived T__T

8th Rokka OMG

Fremie ED song <3.

The Class Trials still continues next week.

Again I suspect Nachetaniya. Goldov is helping her. He attacked Adlet so Nache won't get suspected. Plus everyone is against Adlet anyway. So lets attack him and make things worse for him,

Also her ED song is called Dance in the Fake.
Aug 9, 2015 4:45 PM

Feb 2014
Interesting episode, good to see bits of Adlets past, hope we gonna see Flamies too soon.
The one thing that irritates me sometimes are the illogical thinking of most characters.
Why would Adlet not think of something like the culprit made himself invicible or at least think about calmly before spouting nonsense.
Goldovs behaviour wouldve been a perfect opportunity to shift the guilt to him, but instead he kidnaps Flamie to make things even worse.
Adlet is still annoying with his strongest in the world yapping but I gotta say he has a pretty cool fighting style.
Aug 9, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2009
L-Ryoshi said:

-snip-

As a fellow non LN reader, I'd like to address some of your points from an AO point of view:

Now, for my own observations this episode.

First off, Hans Humpty is fast becoming my favorite character in this title. He's loud, boisterous and quite the rogue, but he's also extremely observant and his logic is quite flawless. Given all the evidence provided, as well as the knowledge of how the barrier works provided by Mora and Hans, Adlet really has the worst alibi to prove his innocence. The barrier won't activate unless the human was standing directly on the altar, pushed the sword in and said the magic words. The specific order of the people entering the temple are as follows:

1. Adlet
2. Nashetania + Goldov + Fremy
3. Chamo
4. Mora
5. Hans

The obvious observation, given that Nash, Goldov and Fremy have no apparent reason to lie about Adlet's first arrival, would be that he was the one who activated the barrier. Of the three that came late, Hans and Mora came together. Hence the only ones with no supporting witness to their whereabouts would be Chamo and Adlet.
Also, Fremy hadn't wanted to join the group, but was forced into it by Adlet. Thus of the two of them who would have any knowledge about there being a 7th Rokka, it would be easy to assume that Adlet, and not Fremy, was the one who wanted all 7 to meet up and hence to set up this Battle Royale situation.

All evidence, as based on pure observation, points to Adlet as the one to activate the barrier. This is what Hans is basing it on.

Hans and Mora are pretty much each other's alibis as of this moment. And considering how both of them seemed to want to gather more information, rather than just starting the kill-game like Goldov and Chamo, I'm more inclined that they actually DO want to get the truth of the matter before they kill anyone. Hans may have took his blade out, but by no means was he the first to attack. He was closest to the door and wanted to prevent anyone from escaping.
He kept egging Adlet on to explain how he could have been innocent, and even whilst talking to Mora in the forest, he was saying how he wanted more information before making judgments. Needless to say, Mora was stopping everyone from making a move before they figured things out (she just couldn't control Goldov). Both are knowledgeable about barriers, so if the other were lying, then they would pretty much know. Also, when Adlet was accusing the other "Saints" in the temple for having the skills to get through the barrier, Mora defended them, whilst saying that it was also possible that some of them may have been able to get in.

Since no new information came to light, I'm sticking with my assumption from last week that both of them are quite low on the rankings, though Hans and his mannerism wins out if between the two of them. Mora just seems way too uptight to be a traitor.

If Adlet is truly innocent, then he just picked the worst way to express it. He was first to arrive on the Altar, he was the only one in position to activate the barrier (as observed by Nashetania, Goldov and Fremy when they rushed in), and all his excuses and theories were shot down as soon as they were raised. Normally, I would say that given the overwhelming evidence against him, he has to be innocent, but given the possibility that he had done it unconsciously/he had a second persona who did it, then I retain my doubts about him.
Still, I fully understand why he chose to run, as well as why he chose to elect Fremy as the hostage, both of which would lean me towards him being innocent. First off, he didn't want to fight/kill anyone before he could prove his innocence. Considering his boast as the Strongest man in the World, to not show his strength in such a situation would only show that he has compassion and a respect for life (something which I doubt a faker would possess). Second, of the ones he could take a hostage who wouldn't fight back, you could pretty much narrow it down to two people, Nashetania and Fremy. If he took the former, no doubt Goldov would relentlessly continue to pursue him to hell and back, regardless of nightfall, fog or even the fires of hell itself. Given no one really wants Fremy or trusts her due to her background, it was an obvious choice.
It doesn't help that Fremy doesn't trust him, and I'm pretty surprised that she did patch him up, but like she said: There's still a 1% chance that he's the real deal" and she's willing to bet on it.

My suspicion of him is slowly waning, given the mountain of evidence against him being a bit too ridiculously obvious, and the fact that there was a period between him killing off the guardians and when he rushed into the temple itself. Still, I cannot fully trust his ever-changing character. Instead of calming people down to gather more intelligence like Mora tried to do in the temple, he immediately started accusing others for doing the deed. I feel like there's still something about him we don't know yet that isn't quite right, and hence my theory of him being two-faced still stands.

Also, his theory of an 8th I feel shouldn't be taken to heart. He himself cannot explain how he could be innocent, and his speculation of an 8th is backed by NO evidence at all. I feel like this is more of a delusion, and a large scoop of arrogance, that he has to be feeling that someone is out to get him because he is the self proclaimed, self acknowledged "Strongest man in the World". In other words, he's so desperate that he'll do anything to clear his own name, even create fictional characters so that others will believe his nigh impossible theories.

Fremy may have been on the bottom of my list last week, but I don't understand why she didn't just tie Adlet up after tending to his wounds. First of all, you don't trust him 99%, second of all, he kidnapped and poisoned you when he made his escape from the temple. Her current actions don't indicate that she only trusts him 1% at all. If anything, the fact that she is showing him such camaraderie, throws suspicion her way. My first thought was that she could be doing so because she knew for a fact that Adlet was a true Rokka, which wouldn't be possible unless she herself was the 7th.
Also, to get Adlet on her side with her actions, that seems more like an insurance that if Adlet somehow does figure out a way to prove his innocence, he will feel that Fremy did still have an inkling of faith in him (hence she is a good person, ergo not the 7th herself).

Nashetania's actions this episode drove home quite well just how guilty she seems. She's a princess who participated in Civil war with her own father. You would think that at an even younger age, that she'd already experienced such things as betrayal of people close to her and such, no? Yet the way she acts, what with the "Oh god, Adlet absolutely can't be the fake, but I can't provide ANY reasons at all" would be similar to what I wrote about Fremy's case. The difference being whilst Fremy used actions in an isolated setting, Nashetania used it whilst in front of everyone.
Not to digress too much, but if anyone has played the game of Mafia, you would know that one of the best tactics would be to support the first innocent party who is accused by others. That way, if the situation is revealed that you were correct that the innocent party was actually innocent, then your own chance of being suspected decreases dramatically, since your alibi after that would be "I told you, and I was right".
Her support of Adlet also struck a nerve with Goldov, which I feel was calculated. There's no way that Nashetania wouldn't know Goldov having feelings for her. If she were truly the 7th, then just siding with Adlet would raise a reaction with Goldov, she must have known it all along.

Likewise for Goldov, his reactions seem to have been calculated by Nashetania, though that exchange that she had with him straight before he attacked Adlet raises a question: Did he REALLY do it out of jealousy? Or was it to hide another motive (ie, to protect the interests of the Princess). Given that we found out how the Rokka symbol works, I'm gravitating more along the first, rather than the second. Why? Simple. Because if he really did kill Adlet knowing that he was a true Rokka, then a petal on the flower would disappear from 5 other bodies, leaving just one guilty party with a fake Rokka mark on his/her body. If he was in any way suspecting his liege to be the fake, then killing Adlet would do nothing but prove her guilt. Same with if he himself were the killer. Thus as of this moment, I can speculate with confidence that Goldov is neither the 7th, nor does he know who the 7th is. He's just a jealous bodyguard who doesn't like Adlet getting chummy with his Hime-sama.

However, as before, I don't see how Goldov, Nashetania or Fremy could have done the deed, given they were all together between fighting fiends and arriving at the Temple.
More information is definitely required before I decided their further guilt or innocence.

And finally Chamo... the one I would suspect right after Adlet. The reason being that her whereabouts were unknown prior to arriving at the temple, even though she knew all the other Saints, she did not travel with any of them, and of course the fact that she is the most inclined to torture and kill people regardless of reason or consequences. She may act an impatient child, but that could all be a ploy (ala the movie Orphan). The fact that they haven't gotten much into her story or her alibi yet also makes her suspicious (for lack of information and confirmation). Plus the fact that Fremy couldn't kill her, and everyone else bar Mora seems afraid of her can also attest to her ability. I get the feeling that when Mora was talking about Saints who can get through the barrier, she was specifically talking about Chamo. She could very well have dug a hole in the ground near the temple entrance and waited for Adlet to be distracted before rushing into and out of the temple....

One more thing to raise: I was watching with Subs so I can't be 100% sure, but did Adlet REALLY only accuse the "Saints" of being the one to activate the barrier? Like... he didn't suspect any of the guys at all when he was arguing with Mora???

Anyway, current episode list (from most suspicious to least):

1. Chamo
2. Adlet
3. Nashitania
4. Fremy
5. Goldov
6. Hans
7. Mora

That's quite a big shakeup of the rankings.
Now I really want more information to speculate on the culprit.

As for the method:
My current hypothesis would be that something happened between the period that Adlet was rushed by the guards, saw the Fiend transform and escape, and noticed the fog.
That is.... if Adlet were truly innocent.
There was an effective period between him returning to the temple and what happened before. Also, just because the guards attacked the first person that didn't enter the temple (effectively proving that Adlet DID open the door first), it says nothing that a second person could slip into the temple during the fight between Adlet and said guardians, to perform the ritual and run away when he was distracted by the transforming Fiend.....

If Adlet is less than innocent.... well I'm betting we'll get an alternate set of flashbacks at the end showing what actually happened.

Either way, this show makes for exciting stuff.

Interesting, this is turning into one of the longest posts I've made until now and one of the biggest I've seen in those forums.

(EP02: 3:10 - 3:35) - What I mean is why Fremy don't know that one of her targets is dead(one of the strongest in this case since Riura alone was strong enough to destroy a castle) and why does Nashetania knows even before meeting with Goldof?

News of death of someone important is easily spread no matter in what era the history is passed on and this could get to Fremy ears even when if she is or not a demon and also could be far away from where it happened. Rumors and histories spread more fast than a plague.

Out of all the seven I think the one responsible for it is either Chamot or the 8th (?), Riura was strong but Chamot is the strongest after the goddess and she could take out Riura while doing childs play and no one would ever know who have killed her, just find the dead body.

It can't be Adlet because he was training with his master in the mountains until now, unless there's a part of the story not showing what happened and explaining a part of this.

(EP03: 17:50-18:25): Yep, he confirmed that only Mora as passed and this made it ever more cloudy to understand and I believe it was made on purpose. The barrier is impenetrable to enter/exit but isn't clear IF they can see or not see the temple at some distance like a hill or a mountain.

(EP04: 14:10-15:16) I don't think Adlet's memories have been tampered, there's no evidence of it until now. Unless there's a magic inside the temple which messes with the mind of the invaders for some time.

(EP04: 19:18-19:22) 1 entire day? What? It's only 3 hours from the fortress to the temple, why she took a whole day to get to the temple with Hans? Something sounds fishy here.

And again, she was the first one at the fortress followed by Adlet + Fremy and Nashetania + Golgof. Also she departed from the fortress 2 days before Adlet got here with Fremy. Something is off here or bad written/translated.

(EP04: 20:00-20:26) Her position doesn't mean nothing when it comes to who is the suspect, this can be said to Nashetania, Goldof and Chamo as well.

For me both Hans, Mora, Goldof and Chamo have the same amount of suspicion of being the 7th.

Chamo has 2 screws loose, a 14 year old girl more crazy than Dr. Stein.
Goldof wants to be where the princess is, no mather what he has to do for it.
Hans, who can't say he isn't being paid by the demons besides the *ahem* king?
Mora as I said was the first one who passed the fortress and she has the key to open the temple, maybe (just maybe) she locked everyone to get rid of the 7th.

I'm the only one who noticed those 2 guards at the temple being too WEAK?

There's a bunch of unexplained stuff here, LNs are far more detailed than the animated versions but still you can't just miss a cog in a clockwork do you?

Edit: Also I don't think Mora has shown her Hero Seal to Hans because the Seal is in her back and someone with a minimum of intelligence would never turn the back to an assassin.
Jonny_MhlAug 9, 2015 5:08 PM
Aug 9, 2015 4:56 PM

Apr 2013
LastIllusion said:
Interesting episode, good to see bits of Adlets past, hope we gonna see Flamies too soon.
The one thing that irritates me sometimes are the illogical thinking of most characters.
Why would Adlet not think of something like the culprit made himself invicible or at least think about calmly before spouting nonsense.
Goldovs behaviour wouldve been a perfect opportunity to shift the guilt to him, but instead he kidnaps Flamie to make things even worse.
Adlet is still annoying with his strongest in the world yapping but I gotta say he has a pretty cool fighting style.

It's not like Adlet had any chance to talk his way out of the situation after Goldov attacked, especially because immediately after having avoided his swing Hans was about to struck him too. Being surrounded by a bunch of powerful bloodthirsty braves doesn't really give you a lot of window in how to escape either, so taking Fremie as hostage was probably the best decision.
If Adlet did any mistakes, it was accusing Hans of lying. There, he gave the impression of being guilty and so trying to shift the blame, which led to Maura and the others to finalise their suspicions.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 9, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2014
I think that seventh is chamot, he is so weird and suspicious, even more we dont know anything about him, except that he is strong. I wonder how did he appeared in the temple...7

good episode, as always. Slow but good :)
Aug 9, 2015 5:42 PM

Feb 2011
Yohimo_asakura said:
I think that seventh is chamot, he is so weird and suspicious, even more we dont know anything about him, except that he is strong. I wonder how did he appeared in the temple...

chamo is a girl, if it wasn't for the fact she's a saint (=automatically female) it would have been hard to decide xD

oh, and chamo was not grouped with anyone when she did come to the temple, so she has no one who can confirm where she was
ZeandoAug 9, 2015 5:49 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Yohimo_asakura said:
I think that seventh is chamot, he is so weird and suspicious, even more we dont know anything about him, except that he is strong. I wonder how did he appeared in the temple...7

That's a little girl
I can't see how you think she's a boy
Aug 9, 2015 5:57 PM
Jul 2014
Zefyris said:
If you think you track a man based on the blood left in the forest , feel free to think that. I'll be simply honest here and say that I don't believe it's realistic at all. Peoples being able to track someone wounded who run at full speed using simply blood stains with the amount of problem I listed above would clearly be a plothole to me. If you have a dog then why not. But a human doing that? Sounds soooo fishy to me.

Nah man, if I was nitpicking, I would be addressing how ridiculous everything you described above actually is when you have a wound serious enough to cause you to pass out due to lack of blood. I like this show, quite a bit in fact, but not addressing things like this makes it far from perfect in my opinion. If they had even addressed it at all, I would be fine with it. But the fact that it isn't seems to suggest it wasn't even considered, which is sloppy writing.

As far as I can tell though, this is the third plothole(and if not that, then extremely conveniently written circumstance) in the series thus far.

Jonny_Mhl said:
And again, she was the first one at the fortress followed by Adlet + Fremy and Nashetania + Golgof. Also she departed from the fortress 2 days before Adlet got here with Fremy. Something is off here or bad written/translated.

You guys are misunderstanding something. The Braves are supposed to meet at the entrance pass of the demon lands, which is where Mora and Hans met up, not the temple. She was to signal that they had assembled(thus making it safe to activate the barrier behind them so none of them are trapped). If the soldiers fell at the temple, a signal was to be sent up to tell them that one of the braves had to activate it instead.
GSupernovaAug 9, 2015 6:02 PM
Aug 9, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2009
So this is offically more of a mystery than adventure at the moment,

i meant to read this anime's Light Novel but then I ended up starting Overlord instead...am I gonna get a lot more details and fun from this Light Novel or should i just wait until the anime progresses a bit more? Suggestions? Sometimes mysteries are best read and not watched (although i'd still do both)

...are there any deaths in this story? (Chamot should die.)
Aug 9, 2015 6:10 PM

Apr 2015
GSupernova said:
Zefyris said:
If you think you track a man based on the blood left in the forest , feel free to think that. I'll be simply honest here and say that I don't believe it's realistic at all. Peoples being able to track someone wounded who run at full speed using simply blood stains with the amount of problem I listed above would clearly be a plothole to me. If you have a dog then why not. But a human doing that? Sounds soooo fishy to me.

As far as I can tell though, this is the third plothole(and if not that, then extremely conveniently written circumstance) in the series thus far.

1. NO ONE among the pursuer's are known trackers, except Adlet who is the running man.

2. By all accounts, most anime blood spilling Is generally exaggerated for dramatic effect. This does not seem to be the case here.

3. Due to the above facts, with the supposed superhuman speed that Adlet is running + fog + that such small wounds don't exactly leave a very visible or comprehensive trail unless you actually know which way he went.

4. Editing this In, however a small thing was that Hans'es knife hit him near his spine and into his back. Running with that there may have been seriously exhausting.
TylaenAug 9, 2015 6:22 PM
Aug 9, 2015 6:22 PM

Aug 2015
I honestly think Adlet made the right choice taking Fremy. From the beginning of the episode she stood neutral ground. She didn't take either side which made her the best target. That way he can get both point of views without being slammed or killed. Fremy is a calm character who would asset the situation as she did when they where in the forest. She had plenty of chances to kill Adlet but she didn't. Fremy in my opinion is the only person with a clear head. Also another reason I say this is because if he would've took Nashetania she would've been too supportive and not help him come up with a logical reason or theory that will please both sides. If he where to take one of the other ones they would've killed him when the poison had wore out.
Aug 9, 2015 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
Tylaen said:
GSupernova said:

1. NO ONE among the pursuer's are known trackers, except Adlet who is the running man.

2. By all accounts, most anime blood spilling Is generally exaggerated for dramatic effect. This does not seem to be the case here.

3. Due to the above facts, with the supposed superhuman speed that Adlet is running + fog + that such small wounds don't exactly leave a very visible or comprehensive trail unless you actually know which way he went.

4. Editing this In, however a small thing was that Hans'es knife hit him near his spine and into his back. Running with that there may have been seriously exhausting.
THIIIIS. There's no tracker plus the thick fog along with the damp's enviroment makes it worse for tracking. By maintaining the knife he didn't spilled as much blood plus he is a fast runner which everyone agreed to even though he had Fremy over his shoulder the whole time. The fog at night thickens and the damp's muddy waters might absorb the few traces of blood.

@GSupernova:There's no plot hole here. If they can't track him, it isn't a plot hole.
It is like saying that in other series, a character that doesn't manages to catch up assuming he is faster than the villain has poor story writing building up for him as background ¬_¬

Inugirlz said:
So this is offically more of a mystery than adventure at the moment,

i meant to read this anime's Light Novel but then I ended up starting Overlord instead...am I gonna get a lot more details and fun from this Light Novel or should i just wait until the anime progresses a bit more? Suggestions? Sometimes mysteries are best read and not watched (although i'd still do both)

...are there any deaths in this story? (Chamot should die.)

It is worth the read. I myself read Rokka no Yuusha's LN first and then started Overlord's LN because Rokka's has currently fewer volumes than Overlord. Im still waiting for more translations on 5th volumen and I can tell you that if you're an avid reader, you will probably like it.
About deaths....
ValhasDrewAug 9, 2015 7:34 PM
Aug 9, 2015 6:51 PM
Aug 2014
I'm starting to wonder if Adelt is truly human.
Aug 9, 2015 6:51 PM

Jul 2009
ValhasDrew said:

Woot! Thanks for the feedback. I normally get into most things I read so I don't think that will be a problem. Just wish there were more volumes out >.<
Aug 9, 2015 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Inugirlz said:
ValhasDrew said:

Woot! Thanks for the feedback. I normally get into most things I read so I don't think that will be a problem. Just wish there were more volumes out >.<
You're welcome!
Volume 6 got released past month so that's a recent release but if you're done with Overlord's current volumes, you may try To Aru Majustu's LN afterwards if you have seen the anime seasons.
Aug 9, 2015 7:40 PM

May 2013
Nice episode and i need more of Adlet's past.

To LN readers, what episode do you think they'll reveal the 7th Brave?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 9, 2015 7:53 PM

Aug 2013
SweetCoconut said:
Nice episode and i need more of Adlet's past.

To LN readers, what episode do you think they'll reveal the 7th Brave?
It will most likely be the last episode. If it happens sooner(like ep 9-10), Passione rushed the plot/episodes >.>
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2015

292 by alphxmane »»
Jan 10, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.