Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2015 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah so the episode is focusing on some other parts of the battlefield..interesting.

Neo Minerva also makes her return and I gotta say, she got quite a makeover with that demonic look on her face.

Then, there's the torturous fight involving Natsu/Lucy against Franmalth. I think the manga did a better job with that but the anime also made its point quite well.

Seilah is also getting fired up too.
Shit got real? Shit got real.

Stark700Aug 7, 2015 7:21 PM
Aug 7, 2015 7:36 PM
Apr 2015
I dunno. I felt like the manga was better. Loved the last part though, Seilah's finally serious.

Next week looks like an anime original with CS and Rustyrose, but it might be something that Mashima wanted to add in the manga but wasn't able too. I hope it's good.
Aug 7, 2015 7:36 PM

Nov 2014
Ace ep. Can't wait till next week. The most badass demon makes his appearance
Aug 7, 2015 7:38 PM

Jun 2013
Hahahaha around 5:20 Natsu's dodging and Franmaths attacks were making me laugh. Just a bunch of flashes and then Natsu was jittering side to side
Aug 7, 2015 7:40 PM
Apr 2013
Besides obvious lack of budget, this was another great episode which showcases one of this arc's best strengths. We actually have strategy and creative use of magic now.

Next week, we get our first look of anime original material and the big bad of the arc. Should be fun.
Aug 7, 2015 7:49 PM
Sep 2012
Well got to give Lucy credit she used her brain to beat Farnsmouth, and when he was blabbing about how immortal they were because of their lab, you know that lab was getting destroyed. And Hades has one message, a last moment of redemption for him. At the time I read this I didn't care, but reading Fairy Tail Zero I am glad he got that moment of redemption.

And Lisanna how useless are you, can't you take Lamy? Come on, if you can't beat fodder, you are fodder. But the anime did make her look better in the fight than in the manga.

Anyway Mira like a boss destroys the lab because Lamy is an idiot, and Sayla counters and be a boss herself with her transformation.

We see some extras stuff with Crime Sorciere which is a nice surprise, in the manga we don't see them again for a long time, so more Crime Sorciere and maybe Melody gets to do something.

Next week, so Rusty Rose is involved another extra character that is not in the manga version, what role will he play, we will see.
Aug 7, 2015 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
And Mard Geer make sloth pose like a boss he is.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 7, 2015 8:01 PM

Jun 2013
Zancrow is in the preview O.o...why bring back the most annoying one of Grimoire Heart. Yay Azuma.
Aug 7, 2015 8:17 PM

Mar 2013
seilah's bit was pretty good.

So next week is filler I assume. It actually does look interesting. Plus jellal is in it so i'm sure it won't be as bad as people will probably make it out to be.

[spoiler]

Mard Geer will make his appearance. Yes!
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Aug 7, 2015 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
Hmm. The first fight was badly drawn.. The second half was ok.
The book damnaku spam is finally over..
Aug 7, 2015 8:33 PM
Mar 2015
Good episode, glad they didn't waste their money on natsu vs franmalth, definitely one of the low demon
Sayla vs mira was alright, but the main highligh was preview of the episode, finally the best villain of ft makes an appearance next week
What a boss he is
Aug 7, 2015 9:34 PM

Aug 2013
uh oh, I don't think that grimoire heart part next week is part of the mango..
well, uh, why not.. NOT

anyway, bad episode, especially the animation
Aug 7, 2015 10:20 PM

Jun 2013
Okay episode. Next week, seeing those guys from Grimoire Heart... only Rusty is alive, the other ones are illusions, his magic was something like he can imagine anything he wants or something.
Aug 7, 2015 11:15 PM

Jul 2015
zKitsune said:
Zancrow is in the preview O.o...why bring back the most annoying one of Grimoire Heart. Yay Azuma.

Didn't Zancrow get killed by Zeref back on tenrou island?
Aug 8, 2015 12:16 AM

Jun 2013
terminador_2397 said:
zKitsune said:

Didn't Zancrow get killed by Zeref back on tenrou island?

He did, he is dead. Rusty's magic 'brought him back', he can imagine things and they materialize, or something like that google him lol
Aug 8, 2015 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
So the 3 rumored filler enemies are Grimoire Heart plebs... well, okay.

Nice episode, Now we just need

removed-userAug 8, 2015 1:43 AM
Aug 8, 2015 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
It's good to see Mirajane get some real fighting in and show off her abilities. Lucy thinks on her feet and tricks the demon into releasing Natsu, once again proving herself to be the brains of the operation (not like Happy or Natsu can really match her in that regard).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 8, 2015 4:14 AM

Apr 2008
Aaand LIsanna is so weak and worthless she can't even contain fodder level characters. Ugh.

Looking forward to seeing what jellal and Crime Sorciere will be up to given the preview.
Aug 8, 2015 4:38 AM

Dec 2014
sweet5 said:

So next week is filler I assume. It actually does look interesting. Plus jellal is in it so i'm sure it won't be as bad as people will probably make it out to be.

[spoiler]

Why do you call it filler when the writer of anime said those were things that he added? Why do people act like they know better than the author?
Aug 8, 2015 5:51 AM
Sep 2012
I think next episode is half anime only (not truly filler as all his canon, this is stuff from Hiro's cutting room floor) and they will adapt the last two pages of chapter 380 and chapter 381.

The episodes two weeks from now it named after chapter 382, so who knows.
Aug 8, 2015 6:16 AM

Mar 2013
sweet5 said:

[spoiler]

cenkiss said:
Why do you call it filler when the writer of anime said those were things that he added? Why do people act like they know better than the author?

Ok, it was my bad that I assumed it was filler, but I honestly don't see what your problem is. I already said the next episode looks interesting. What's all the saltiness for? *_*
sweet5Aug 8, 2015 6:25 AM
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Aug 8, 2015 6:18 AM

Sep 2014
Mard Geer HYPE!!!
Seilah transforming was pretty awesome.
Zancrow and Azuma in the preview, pretty sure one was a tree while the other was dead...guess they're just illusions.
Aug 8, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
sweet5 said:
sweet5 said:

[spoiler]

cenkiss said:

Ok, it was my bad that I assumed it was filler, but I honestly don't see what your problem is. I already said the next episode looks interesting. What's all the saltiness for? *_*

I thought that you were implying non-manga content is inferior by calling it filler. This is the full story. Many people do not want to appreciate anything about anime moments and just want to watch colored novel pael by panel. Sorry if you take it the wrong way.
Aug 8, 2015 8:02 AM

Sep 2014
Well it was an alright episode. Hope it gets better soon.
Aug 8, 2015 8:57 AM
Mar 2015
The preview looks good
I wanna know why there is a fight between rustyrose and jellal
Also if os members will fight against or not
Aug 8, 2015 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Next week...
Aug 8, 2015 10:38 AM
Dec 2010
hmmmm , i don't remember the last scene in the manga
maybe they are preparing for a filler ?
Aug 8, 2015 10:41 AM
Dec 2010
why Rusty Rose is here ?
i thought he is working zeref alongside kain hikaru
Aug 8, 2015 11:09 AM
May 2015
NOOOOO!!!! MEREDY X JELLAL!!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!

That Franmath battle could have been fleshed out a bit. I know the dude is more comic relief like Cain than serious opponent, but still.... He had Hades's soul.

New material with OS and Jellal looks cool. I thought Hiro said in his afterword that added stuff to the tartaros anime was going to be about Laxus????????

Yes! We have moved passed the stupid books. Go Mira! Waiting for that backstory.

Erza's battle keeps getting interrupted.... meh.... this is looking to be similar to her gmg fight with the two ladies but more spread out.

Lisanna vs Lammy.... why is this even there? It does nothing for Lisanna's character.
CrescentgenisiAug 8, 2015 11:25 AM
Aug 8, 2015 2:11 PM

Aug 2013
Guess I was slacking off while watching FT but why does Jellal have covered eyes?
Aug 8, 2015 2:17 PM

Apr 2008
EeveeAndFriends said:
Guess I was slacking off while watching FT but why does Jellal have covered eyes?

He injured his eyes to escape Midnight's illusion
Aug 8, 2015 2:46 PM

Jan 2012
Geez, so much Lisanna hate! :( Welp, personally I'm still lovin' all the screentime she gets this arc. :D
Aug 8, 2015 7:12 PM

Jun 2014
Yes!! Next week we will get the badass demon! *-*
Finally Franmalth is defeated by Lucy's quick thinking and Natsu's brute force!
So we got to see Hades's soul and he wants Natsu and Lucy to tell Makarov to release the light.
Mirajane destroying Hell's Core to stop Ezel and Franmalth to revive.
Seilah going badass-mode. Even tough she is a demon, she is quite sexy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OS and CS!! Seeing them again was good everything that covers Jellal is good to see!
So we will get something canon that wasn't in the manga! Hmm, I don't mind!

5/5 great episode covered good things!! Next week will be awesome!!

Only for manga readers!! :
Aug 8, 2015 8:24 PM

Jul 2015
If only Gildarts was there, he would show up, one-hit Minerva and walk out. For being Fairy Tail's strongest wizard, it's a shame he's never there when he's needed.
Aug 8, 2015 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
The loli scientist demon is annoying af.
Aug 8, 2015 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
Ozymandias20 said:
If only Gildarts was there, he would show up, one-hit Minerva and walk out. For being Fairy Tail's strongest wizard, it's a shame he's never there when he's needed.

Not being there fits his personality... since he's like a lone wolf.
metsujinAug 9, 2015 2:06 AM
Aug 8, 2015 11:53 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty good episode but next week from the preview, a certain someone is about to make there debut and cause more trouble for FT.
Aug 9, 2015 2:25 AM

Oct 2014
Good episode, didn't really like the Natsu fight though. Thought it was a bit weak....

Though the Mira fight against Seliah is getting freaking awesome. Damn
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2015 2:27 AM

Apr 2008
animefan8800 said:
Geez, so much Lisanna hate! :( Welp, personally I'm still lovin' all the screentime she gets this arc. :D

She does NOTHING of importance. She's a useless spectator during most fights or a hostage. She can't even defeat LAMMY FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Aug 9, 2015 5:11 AM

Feb 2015
Pretty interesting episode. I liked that Lucy outsmarted that yellow demon (I honestly forgot the demon's name)...

Looking forward to the next episode!
Aug 9, 2015 6:39 AM

Mar 2014
I never notice the drop in animation quality :/ anyway really excited about mira and erza fights. Honestly don't really care about jellal and the oracion seis i wish they just left them out.
Aug 9, 2015 8:50 AM
May 2013
Mira is in big doo-doo now!!!
Aug 9, 2015 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
It was an okay episode, some of the faces looked weird to me. Next time looks interesting, I'm looking forward to see how the extra material will be like.
Aug 9, 2015 3:02 PM

May 2014
Franmaths the funniest demon ever. LOL, so stupid that guy. Seems like shit is getting real and the demons are getting serious. Also not long before E.N.D awakening. ^^
Aug 9, 2015 8:32 PM

Jan 2015
ayy E.N.D.
Aug 10, 2015 1:34 AM
Oct 2012
So is Jellal now blind or something I can't tell
Aug 10, 2015 2:51 AM

Jun 2013
SpectraXZ said:
So is Jellal now blind or something I can't tell

Nah he isn't.
Aug 10, 2015 7:21 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode omg!! I loved everything, especially the scene with mirajane, it gave me chills up my spine ~~
Aug 10, 2015 11:57 AM

May 2014
Oh wow, Mirajane vs Kyoka went from throwing books to environmental destruction. Damn.
Kyoka went from white to dark-skinned, she's way hotter like this.
Some cool shit this episode. Buildup huh.

DaisukiAishiteru said:
Mard Geer hype

YEAHHHH
Aug 11, 2015 12:31 AM

Nov 2014
Amazing episode!! Mirajane was so cool when she blew everything up!! =D And that means Franmalth and Ezel can't come back, so that's good! That means they can't create any more demons too, right?

It was really funny when Lucy tricked Franmalth into thinking Natsu was a Celestial Spirit xD

Neo-Minerva! I wonder how Erza and Minerva's re-rematch will go =D

I was kinda hoping Lisanna would fight Lamy, but I guess since Lamy can't do magic or curses (apparently) then she isn't much of an opponent...

I almost forgot about that light in the basement of Fairy Tail!!! They showed it a while back when Makarov was going to pass the guild down to Guildarts. It's like the heart of Fairy Tail right? I wonder what it does =D

I'm curious about why the Macro works on Elfman and not on Mirajane. I know Mirajane has demon particles, but I assumed that Elfman did too since he can do takeovers just like she can...Maybe the reason is has no effect on her has something to do with how, in the opening, it shows Elfman and Lisanna looking at Mirajane with scared expressions and she's just sitting there in a dark cape...Hmm...

So the Oracion Seis are still unsure about following Jellal, but Cobra hears people screaming and is going to keep following him to find out what they are. Hmm...I have no idea what that could mean, but I can't wait to find out!

I love the way they bring back older characters that we almost forget about and give them bigger roles. Like the previews said Rusty Rose is coming back, and I completely forgot about that guy! I still barely remember him...And Zancrow too! I sorta remember him!

I hope Jellal gets his eyesight back eventually. Maybe Porlyusica can help him like she did with one of Erza's eyes.
BlackFox24Aug 11, 2015 12:40 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.