Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2015 10:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it looks like the show is back to business again...

A lot of social affairs this week especially with Kaito's case.
And not only that, we still have Nagisa taking the burden. Episode got slightly emotional too from the reveal about his scar at the onsen trip.

Well, this show's pacing at around half way mark now may really get pick up soon with these internal affairs.
Aug 7, 2015 1:04 PM

Jan 2012
Nagisa had a...classroom crisis...this week! :D Well his origins and conflict with his brother are out in the open now. How much longer until we get the full story behind his past with Iris I wonder.......
Aug 7, 2015 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
Only thing worth watching every week is Mizuki.
Aug 7, 2015 1:33 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Another great episode, something really clicked in the last episode for me.

The character interactions are top, especially Nagisa and Mizuki, those two are very cute together. Nagisa's past is hard to watch, he had it so rough. His father went with his mother because of the money. And the reveal of the scar story :/

Iris' past seems to be very interesting, too, she had connections with Nagisa (possibly they are related?)
SmudyAug 7, 2015 1:41 PM
Aug 7, 2015 2:01 PM

Dec 2012
This is what I want to see. Finally, a backstory for Nagisa and preview about Mizuki too. Nagisa got a little bit closer with the class.
Aug 7, 2015 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
Nagisa finally passed his make-up tests.
Aug 7, 2015 2:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Not done with the episode yet but

Tokoya said:
The OP and ED were both really great and thy suit the series just fine imo

I liked how this week's episode pretty much gave some characterization to every one of our characters with the exception of Sera and Nagisa who got more than everyone else. I also liked that we got more world building mechanics explained like I expected would happen

Sera truly is a great guy and I really want him to succeed but I'm liking how they're contrasting him with Nagisa who is even more of a prodigy and successful than he was but is still kind of a huge dick so I'm really looking forward to seeing their dynamic together along with Sera's sister and her friend

Overall another great episode for me but I have a theory that Nagisa might not fully be of Kiryuu blood going by how his brother talked to him and what he said....I don't think it was a coincidence either that during the latter parts of their discussion, they placed great emphasis on the other founder of the institution

Basically I think that Nagisa was either adopted into the family or he has the same dad as the director but a different mom who just so happens to be the daughter of the other founder (Whom might I add seems to be the idol of Sera which should make this whole thing even more interesting)

I fucking called it
Aug 7, 2015 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
I have a feeling Nagisa and Iris are related.
Aug 7, 2015 3:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Great episode overall, but man the chemistry between Nagisa and Mizuki is really great......However....

That post credits scene.....I was spot on when I said that Nagisa knew Iris pre amnesia but man that scene was intense as fuck....That old man was freaking bleeding out O_O

Not sure what the relationship between the Nagisa and these two are but if I had guess, either they are like servants or something along the lines of that for his mom's side of the family, or Iris is Nagisa's half sister or something
Aug 7, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
This episode has a bit of everything on one part massive trolling on Nagisa (for a change he deserves it), and on the other end we have some background. Can't say I did not expect that, the level of hostility thrown by the brother and the "don't call me brother" thing just gave it away.

Well can't say I'm surprised either at the level of mistreatment Nagisa has endured and the fact he had to learn and be as huge of a business man as possible even as a matter of survival.

Now the preview, the ending of the episode with Iris, there are two things that poke my attention. As even the name and her demeanor give it away, Angelina is a Ninja and judging from Iris' cloudy memories and his link with Nagisa as well as her encounters with Angelina it is safe to say she is one too, AND they are both there to protect Nagisa.

The internal infighting is gonna get real, even more so if Stocks of a mega corporation are involved.
Aug 7, 2015 3:50 PM

May 2015
Well, definitely liked this episode. Compared to previous ones, this one's the best so far in my opinion, without a doubt. Finally the story's kicking in now, and things are getting more interesting. Pretty harsh past Nagisa had, damn. That brother seriously is one huge bastard. Also, slowly realizing that Mizuki's damn cute, lmao.

Aug 7, 2015 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
Amazing episode. Really liked the backstory about Nagisa. So thats how he got those scars O_O . Now we still need to know more about Iris but it will happen soon probably :).
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 7, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
This show is in my opinion the worst show this season, it keeps getting more and more boring with each episode
Aug 7, 2015 4:19 PM
May 2014
PointySeat said:
This show is in my opinion the worst show this season, it keeps getting more and more boring with each episode

In my opinion, that price goes to Prison School (aka Girls Bravo 3).

I like this series, and this episode really explained some significant parts of his backstory.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Aug 7, 2015 5:33 PM

Jun 2013
This was a really great episode!!!
And I am now totally shipping Mizuki and Nagisa :D
Aug 7, 2015 5:43 PM

Jan 2015
Enjoyed this episode, Nagisa's past and all the serious staff were so cool
Aug 7, 2015 6:00 PM

Feb 2010
konatachan80 said:
PointySeat said:

In my opinion, that price goes to Prison School (aka Girls Bravo 3).

I like this series, and this episode really explained some significant parts of his backstory.

I would not call this the worst because I watch it every week but I have to admit that I have no freaking idea what is going on. Is that a slice of life? Romance? School life?
It's unrelated but I disagree with Prison School.
Aug 7, 2015 6:02 PM

Feb 2012
I can't say I'm confident about the show going "serious" next week. Those sorts of tone shifts rarely work out and Classroom Crisis hasn't done a good job in regards to preparing for it either other than drop background information, which adds about as much as an instruction manual.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Aug 7, 2015 6:05 PM

Nov 2013
Even though this episode was mostly infodumping, it's still better than the previous episode. The show is at its best when it blends everything; business, SoL, comedy, and some drama.

Honestly, I want more business. Sometimes, the presentation is a bit hammy when they do those things, but I find it rather refreshing as a whole.
Aug 7, 2015 6:05 PM

Mar 2015
This episode... Nagisa is beginning to interests me.
Aug 7, 2015 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
we finally get to learn more about Nagisa! Mizuki was awesome this episode! :)
Those bags though, don't know why I laughed so much when seeing them! x)

Overall, pretty good episode!

Aug 7, 2015 6:54 PM

Dec 2014
Things keep getting better and better.

Nagisa's past finally comes to light and that post credit scene gave us some long awaited insight on Iris.
Aug 7, 2015 7:56 PM

Apr 2014
I'm all for the Mizuki x Nagisa ship

They are such a good match for each other :3

Aug 7, 2015 10:12 PM

Jan 2011
More than a few mysteries cleared up this week, and finally some chemistry between Mizuki and Nagisa. With that last scene just before the preview I think we got an explanation about the connection and animosity between Iris and Nagisa, as well as why he is so tight-lipped about her background (probably protecting her from continued Kiryu retribution).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 7, 2015 10:26 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely my favorite episode of the series so far :d
Aug 7, 2015 10:51 PM

Jul 2014
Yep This show is officially good. I really like it now
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Aug 7, 2015 11:33 PM

Jun 2014
Nagisa's backstory made this series all the more better.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 8, 2015 12:07 AM

Dec 2013
Excellent episode. Even though there was little in the way of political maneuvering, we finally got the gist of Nagisa's story, and the true reason for his brother's hatred and abuse. Essentially that bastard of a brother has been sending him out on crazy, impossible missions just to make him fail, all in order to strip him of his 30% stake in the company, but every time he succeeds, el Bastardo takes all the credit.

Until this episode, I never found Mizuki's character as anything more than a busybody, but I have to admit she may well be the character that Nagisa needs to support him. I'm assuming the reluctance to get close to Iris stems from the post ED scene. He was probably saved by her Gramps and doesn't want to risk pulling her into the crossfire again.

And as annoying as I find Mizuki's brother all the time, he did quite well to keep his mouth shut this episode. I even appreciated his scholastic harassment retaliation on Nagisa, because it helped develop Nagisa's character for the better.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 8, 2015 12:27 AM
May 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
...And as annoying as I find Mizuki's brother all the time, he did quite well to keep his mouth shut this episode.

Somehow, that's actually saying something about that character.

If he's supposed to be a "nice as long as he keeps his mouth shut" kind of guy, then that can be considered praise..if not, well..
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Aug 8, 2015 4:14 AM

Feb 2014
This anime is getting interesting! I'm glad that I continue to watch it. Sadly, it is very underrated (6.48 only as of now).

Those people who studied business would be better able to appreciate this anime.
tetrix1993Aug 8, 2015 4:17 AM
Aug 8, 2015 9:01 AM
Jun 2008
animefan8800 said:
Nagisa had a...classroom crisis...this week! :D Well his origins and conflict with his brother are out in the open now. How much longer until we get the full story behind his past with Iris I wonder.......

it was pretty much already revealed if you watched after the credits.

Iris had a dream about her grandfather being shot and he was dying telling her they must not let them take nagisa even if it costs us our lives.

There really isn't much to extrapolate there other than Iris and Nagisa were probably childhood friends in a master servant type of way.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Aug 8, 2015 9:02 AM
Jun 2008
PointySeat said:

then dont watch it... seriously are you that stupid?

if i dont like a video game i dont fucking play it if i dont like an anime i dont fucking watch it.

I guess that is the difference with higher brain function though.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Aug 8, 2015 10:31 AM

Sep 2009
So, both assumptions confirmed:

Aug 8, 2015 12:02 PM

Jan 2014
Whoa tough life Nagisa D:
This series is getting more and more interesting.
He barely passed buut whatever.. the score itself is meaningless imo.. it's what you can do with the knowledge that matters.
Aug 8, 2015 12:53 PM
Nov 2010
I really enjoyed this episode. A lot of background development but also relationship development too. Really fell in love with Mizuki, such a sweetheart. She's always trying to reach out even when met with such hostility when any normal person would've gave up long time ago. Can't wait to see how the team executes their plan. Kinda makes me interested in engineering. xD
Aug 8, 2015 2:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
After an extremely uninspired start, this show has picked up the last couple of episodes. I disliked Nagisa, but now that I know where he's coming from, things change.

Iris is a character that will be very important in the future I guess. That scene after the ED was unexpected.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 8, 2015 11:25 PM

Aug 2013
I called it. I FUCKING CALLED IT!

Been saying since episode 1 that Nagisa was the bastard child of a mistress, and that his brother hated that he was brought into the main family.

They took it up a notch though by making the mistress the last relative of the co-founding company, whom seemingly became rivals with the Kiryus afterwards. A mistress with a 30% stake in the company too.

They also explained that Nagisa's scars were from his brother beating him every time he took his accomplishments from him.

That post credits scene. So Iris is connected to Nagisa even if she doesn't know it. Her grandfather also explicitly said their family existed to protect Nagisa like some servant bodyguard family. So I'm curious...Does Iris's family exist sole to protect Nagisa? Or do they exist to protect one of the families as a whole like his mother's side of the family or the Kiryus? They could exist to protect his mother's side, but she passed away leaving Nagisa as the only relative, so he's the only one they actually COULD protect. Need more info on that.
Angelina seems to know about Iris, but their last names aren't the same, so I don't think they're related. Perhaps Iris's family protected Nagisa's mothers family, and Angelina protected the Kiryus. Since Nagisa has the blood of both, maybe Angelina and Iris are technically both supposed to protect him.

Kind of interested if any romances are going to play out.

I don't ship Mizuki x Nagisa in the slightest, but she's coming on so strong that it's almost forcing the ship. The one reason this would be the most plausible relationship is because Nagisa is the coming together of the original two families who are now rivals. But now Nagisa and Sera are rivals. If Nagisa and Mizuki got together and eventually had a kid, it would be the second generation of the coming together of "rival families". Plus it would always make Sera super fucking pissed and he'd get drunk all the time and get depressed.

Iris is so dedicated to Mizuki, and they have feelings of friendship towards each other. I was hoping that relationship would evolve and grow. No true romance is confirmed, so this route isn't ruled out yet. This is anime original, and I think they'd be pretty ballsy to go through with it and break the norm.

Sera x Angelina. The way they always bicker. Nagisa will probably never recognize her feelings, so seeing these two completely opposite people getting together would actually be awesome. Plus they can get drunk and depressed together all the time.
Aug 9, 2015 1:57 AM

Dec 2011
Nagisa's past was revealed, and man it was certainly not a pretty one.

The interaction between Nagisa and Mizuki was really good to see in this episode. It feels like it's only a matter of time until one of them falls for the other.
Didn't expect the scars on Nagisa's back to be from his brother though.

Iris is definitely related to Nagisa then...
Aug 9, 2015 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
Nice, I wanted to know the story behind the scars. So it's possible Iris and Nagisa are related? most likely but not siblings. Her grandfather calling him Nagisa-sama kind of stops me from thinking they're siblings.
removed-userAug 17, 2015 11:53 AM
Aug 9, 2015 5:06 AM
Oct 2013
idk I still cant seem to like mizuki or iris maybe its the yuri undertones or the fact that mizuki is always in nagisa's biz, i cant be sure but for now i'll hope it keeps getting better. kaito tho i'm pretty sure i'll never like. the voice along with his personality makes me want to falcon punch him
Aug 9, 2015 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
Lol why is this anime rated so low? I like it a lot. Nagisa's such a cool character, and Angelina is hilarious. The only thing I think is off is the awkward romance/friendship they're trying to push between Nagisa and Mizuki.

As for Iris - maybe her family were like butlers (?) for the Shinomiya family?
Aug 10, 2015 9:14 AM

Sep 2012
That was a heartwarming episode. Really. The characters are becoming more likable in general in my opinion. And the interactions between the class and Nagisa (specifically Mizuki and Nagisa) were nice. Kaito watching over everyone from outside was sweet. They finally gave us some background information on Nagisa too (and Iris in the post-ED scene).

I'm shipping NagisaxMizuki, but whatever happens happens.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Aug 10, 2015 7:32 PM

Aug 2014
That ending though.
That was something I didn't quite expect (But ooo. Iris is getting some memories back~~~~)
Aug 10, 2015 8:20 PM

Oct 2011
yay he passed
Aug 11, 2015 12:08 AM
Oct 2011
MFW Everyone ships Mizuki and Nagisa when they fail to realize that she's clearly in a relationship with Iris. FFfssss.

No, but seriously, Mizuki and Nagisa have amazing chemistry, but it's clearly not romantic in nature. You don't get any of those unnecessary blushes on their faces. What's more, just to shut down that possibility, you get this short scene with Iris waiting for her girl and Mizuki just comes along and tells her she loves her. You can't forget that ending either.

u_u I'm disappointed in your shipping senses today MAL.
Aug 11, 2015 7:07 AM

Dec 2012
Finally this episode was entertaining. Always better when you develop the characters. His past is really tough, poor guy. And Iris seems to have the mission to protect him, the next episodes will be interesting .
Aug 11, 2015 10:29 PM

May 2013
Finally this anime is picking up now (since i was really not interested in the first 4 episodes) and dat bond between Mizuki and Nagisa, instant ship.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 13, 2015 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
that's corporates affaires for ya
Aug 13, 2015 8:44 PM

Mar 2009
Darkiway said:
MFW Everyone ships Mizuki and Nagisa when they fail to realize that she's clearly in a relationship with Iris. FFfssss.

No, but seriously, Mizuki and Nagisa have amazing chemistry, but it's clearly not romantic in nature. You don't get any of those unnecessary blushes on their faces. What's more, just to shut down that possibility, you get this short scene with Iris waiting for her girl and Mizuki just comes along and tells her she loves her. You can't forget that ending either.

u_u I'm disappointed in your shipping senses today MAL.

Of course Nagisa’s and Mizuki’s interaction are in no means romantic…at least not at the moment.

What do you expect? They immediately fall head over heels for one another just because they talk briefly with each other? Or do you expect them to blush when their conversation was that heartbreaking? C’mon. They had a bad start, Nagisa hating the class and mizuki probably didn’t have a good opinion of him. I don’t think their characters are quite shallow.

Personally, I like these kinds of developments wherein their relationship will start on friendship.

Perhaps (and hopefully) Nagisa will fall for this good natured girl Mizuki. Her kindness and cheerful personality will really serve as a breather for Nagisa.
As for Mizuki, her sympathy and admiration (regarding his impartiality/fairness as stated by her) will turn to love.

I noticed that they tagged this series as “Romance”, if the author is really inclined towards a romantic relationship between Mizuki and Iris, they should have tagged it as Shoujo Ai or Yuri. Don’t you think so too?

And by the way, I always say “I love you” to my few close female friends. It’s normal for some people especially if you’re bond are almost like family. And I can assure you that I don’t harbor any more than sisterly/familial love towards them. Mizuki’s personality is like that in a way I think. See other anime’s that a heroine has a strong relationship with another female character but never turned into romance. Unless the series is really a yuri anime.

Nonetheless, it’s your opinion so there’s no point changing it. I just explained the view from and on behalf of all Nagisa x Mizuki shippers since you questioned MAL's shipping senses.  Either way, I’m really rooting for Nagisa and Mizuki…Fingers Crossed. 
Aug 18, 2015 11:51 AM
Mar 2012
Last 2 episodes getting better. Starting to care about Irisu, Mizuki & Nagisa, with interesting backstory coming.
Marriage for 30% stock... wow
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

136 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:11 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2015

64 by Assassin2112 »»
Jan 7, 2023 8:09 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

125 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 9, 2022 7:43 PM

Poll: » Classroom☆Crisis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2015

58 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Nov 10, 2021 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.