Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was lewd...

At least the way Rico woke up anyways in the morning. Seems like the episode focuses more on her including bits of her past, which aren't exactly pretty. And based on this, I guess the show is starting to first half by focusing on the main characters individually while also collectively.

Pacing still feels slow. I feel like the show is prepping them for a big fight with the invasion coming.
Stark700Aug 5, 2015 10:39 AM
Aug 5, 2015 10:41 AM

Jul 2015
I thought this episode went by pretty quick.

I noticed that a lot of grills have that blueish/blackish hair in this show.

Aug 5, 2015 10:52 AM

Jan 2012
So Rico has sister envy eh? Guess that explains her poor personality. Enemy attack interrupts the match...this oughta be interesting...
Aug 5, 2015 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
I really hope that Kanata will fight next episode but unless there will be a weird beetle, I think he won't participate in the fight.

The story of Rico was a little bit short in my opinion. All I want right now is for them to show some real fight and maybe more backstory for Kanata esp. now that they are showing hints like he's having a hard time after firing that powerful blast.

And that annoying stalker again.
Aug 5, 2015 10:55 AM

Feb 2014
Hhhhhhhhhh I was getting hyped to see if their training actually worked and if they would be able to win the match....
I'm hoping to see our MC in action next week since they haven't shown much of his combat skills.
Aug 5, 2015 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
We get to know a little about Rico's past!

The enemy attack interrupts the match at the end!
Aug 5, 2015 11:01 AM

Jun 2013
As i thought Kanata might get a curse or illness after he fought with the boss at first episode. He feel exhausted after he shot strike blaster. That is main reason he didn't join any match or mission.
Anyways, it's time to fight with devil bugs. Time for Age returns to the battlefield.
ryanstrikeAug 5, 2015 11:05 AM
Aug 5, 2015 11:09 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Rico's pompous attitude makes her more annoying than unique compared to the other girls. Very little of her backstory was given, but anyone can figure that it was the same old "being neglected due to sibling's radiance" cliche, which hardly excuses her current behavior. "Megami na Watashi this," "Megami na Watashi that." Oh, FFS! >.<

Of course, Kanata never had the plan to leave Rico out of the group; but he still had to use his last resort. Approaching her and using his honest eyes to look straight at her and say "I need you. I want you." (not to mention it was Matsuoka's voice). What girl can resist that?

The one thing that could've saved this episode was the reappearance of the ice cream-man, which Misora ruined completely by turning down Kanata's offer. Way to kill my hype.. >.>

Devil Beetles invasion timing couldn't be any more accurate; just when Kanata's stamina is down. But this might give the other side characters a chance to shine.

Aug 5, 2015 11:14 AM

Apr 2014
Some Rico backstory is always good

I want to see Kanata fight

Aug 5, 2015 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Ugh that pace felt very slow, before anything happened the episode already ended. Not sure why Kanata looks tired after that cannon shot, is he sick or maybe wounded?
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Aug 5, 2015 11:37 AM

Apr 2010
So they finally formed and team and prepared for battle only to be interrupted.
Hopefully something good will happen to their team in the next battle but i guess it will reveal their training.
And the enemy team will be on guard when they need to continue with the match.

This episode showed Kanata being exhausted which could be the reason why he withdrew from battle.
Still i don't think that's reason enough to call him a traitor speaking of which to me it seems that the ones who call him a traitor are weaker them him when it comes to combat skill.
A fighters skill is proven in battle and not proven by words.
Aug 5, 2015 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
Kanata is a really boring MC imo.
Wow Nico really loves cute plushies!
The pacing is quite slow but I do enjoy the next episode preview music tho. is very nice
Aug 5, 2015 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Is Rico's sister envy supposed to excuse the fact that she has a horrible, rotten personality and is an arrogant, egocentric bitch? Cos it definitely doesn't. I'm disappointed that she didn't get knocked down a peg or two, but at least she's actually getting involved in training, which is a start at least.
Aug 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
Finnaly Rico puts the effort to participate. That ending was disappointing - I wanted to see how the match will end...
Aug 5, 2015 12:46 PM
Jul 2015
Aridus said:
Kanata is a really boring MC imo.
Wow Nico really loves cute plushies!
The pacing is quite slow but I do enjoy the next episode preview music tho. is very nice

Really? I like this MC very much, due to his cool and calm personality, and good thinking and analytical skills. He's also shown to have good leadership skills, as expected from someone who's a former ace and has experience of fights against beetles along with his long-time fireteam mates Yuri, Chloe and the blonde-haired dude (forgot his name lol).

So I think that this MC is like a more OP version of Kamito from Seirei Tsukai, since while Kamito is also OP and a strong fighter, he lacks the charisma, quick thinking and leadership skills of Kanata (Understandable since Kamito usually fights alone before he enters the academy).
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Aug 5, 2015 12:59 PM

Jul 2015
This was a good episode overall if you don't count Rico and her egocentric attitude. I'm interested to know why Kanata was exhausted after firing that blast. As mentioned earlier in this thread that could be part of the reason he didn't participate in any of his battles. Misora and Lefty are showing good improvement and their training too
Aug 5, 2015 1:21 PM

May 2012
Let me guess... Next episode, the whole island will be in danger, and those three girls will save the day using pure determination and willpower! How original!
Aug 5, 2015 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like Kanata has low magic capacity, might be because he's injured.
Misora's high magic capacity is her strength.
Rico has sister something syndrome.

niknetniko said:
Let me guess... Next episode, the whole island will be in danger, and those three girls will save the day using pure determination and willpower! How original!

No, they'll save the day cause they're just that good.
This is the whole point of the training.
Aug 5, 2015 2:46 PM

Feb 2008
Well they said it's a miracle that Kanata survived so it might be that reason, but somehow I feel it's not only reason they call him a traitor, what with demonic power in OP?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 5, 2015 3:17 PM

Dec 2013
Slow episode i guess and i'm really liking the MC relationship with the girls.
Aug 5, 2015 3:22 PM

Dec 2013
Blackbird said:
Well they said it's a miracle that Kanata survived so it might be that reason, but somehow I feel it's not only reason they call him a traitor, what with demonic power in OP?
By far is something along this
If you want to know more i explain more detail in the spoilers thread.
Aug 5, 2015 4:24 PM

Jun 2014
Time for some action next week.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 5, 2015 6:17 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode
Hope lecty gets her own episode soon :)
Aug 5, 2015 7:44 PM

Feb 2015
ryanstrike said:
As i thought Kanata might get a curse or illness after he fought with the boss at first episode. He feel exhausted after he shot strike blaster. That is main reason he didn't join any match or mission.
Anyways, it's time to fight with devil bugs. Time for Age returns to the battlefield.

I really hope this is true, would be cool and the best reason for his actions.
But man, this show really does seem slow, I'm hoping the action next week make's up for it.

Also everyone here called it, Guy in glasses did end up being a creepy stalker
Aug 5, 2015 8:45 PM

Aug 2013
Best episode so far, is gradually improving the opening, and even had a better development in the plot too, but still do not like this arrogant personality of the protagonist, and finally the girls come together to fight and it seems that the next episode will come a little action that I expected much, at least I'll be looking forward to the next episode ..
Aug 5, 2015 9:22 PM

Mar 2012
This series is starting to become more interesting. The bad news is that, this improvement is large part brought about by the fact that we're kind of done with E601's individual issues and actually seeing more plot progression. The good news is that we're unlikely to see the uninspiring writing in the past 4 episodes for quite a long time (it can't get much worse than Rico's one-dimensional and poorly-delivered past, right?).

Age appears to have suffered something to be out of mana after using one move that Misora can use three times in a day. But it's unlikely to have been just an injury, since he didn't need to hide it otherwise. I'm still sticking to my theory that he gained some incredibly broken ability after that fight featured at the start of the series, and has been holding back so he doesn't ever do direct battle with people.
Aug 5, 2015 9:34 PM

Jul 2014
Lol the only reason im still watching this show is to know what the fuck happened to Kanata and why he cant fight anymore. But obviously they wont tell us this
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Aug 6, 2015 12:10 AM

Oct 2011
They improved
Aug 6, 2015 12:59 AM
Nov 2013
Vindstot said:

Of course, Kanata never had the plan to leave Rico out of the group; but he still had to use his last resort. Approaching her and using his honest eyes to look straight at her and say "I need you. I want you." (not to mention it was Matsuoka's voice). What girl can resist that?

Of course he never planned to leave her out but at the same time that was part of the plan. The way he kept petting Lecty and Misora on the head, paying lot's of attention to them while ignoring Rico made Rico sort of jealous, Rico wanted the attention too and when she finally couldn't stand being ignored anymore and spoke out that's when he had her in the bag. Kanata is a genius at reading people, that makes him a superb personnel manager. All that was left was to make her feel wanted, which he did by pretty much seducing Rico. That sealed the deal. He knew that "goddess" nonsense was a giant farce, she's still a real girl with real feelings.
Aug 6, 2015 1:58 AM

Mar 2014
Again a good episode in my opinion, we see a glimpse of Rico's past and just like the other two, we see the reason behind her attitude, we see some improvement on the team, And that stalker again, i believe he's gonna be an Enemy soon, first fight of the team, and look who's crashing the party, beetle bug aliens, gonna be a good fight next episode;)
Aug 6, 2015 2:22 AM

Nov 2009
Vindstot said:
Rico's pompous attitude makes her more annoying than unique compared to the other girls. Very little of her backstory was given, but anyone can figure that it was the same old "being neglected due to sibling's radiance" cliche, which hardly excuses her current behavior. "Megami na Watashi this," "Megami na Watashi that." Oh, FFS! >.<

It's easier to accept her if you think of her personality as "chuunibyou". Few people can get chuunibyou when they're already talented mages who get to defend humanity against certain destruction, but Rico managed that thanks to her sister.
Aug 6, 2015 3:50 AM
Jul 2015
Guys, the show so far has made it clear that Misora has impressive magic power reserves. It’s a pity that Kanata’s magic power reserve is now low, to the point he could get that exhausted just from one strike blaster. ( kinda like if Kanata’s MP is just 50, using that strike blaster depleted his MP to just, like 7? I assume if drop to 0 MP, will get extremely dizzy and lose consciousness, so must be evacuated from the sky as soon as possible by another team-mate before one falls below to the ground way way below unconscious? )

Kanata’s current low magic power reserves had something to do with his past? Also, I have a something I would like to ask. Among all the Sky Wizards in Mistogan, based from characters we were already introduced so far, who do you guys think would fall into the Top 5 list of Sky Wizards with the highest Magic Power reserves? As for me, I think both Chloe (Kanata’s long-time fireteam member, who was the one who suggested Kanata to be appointed as Team 601’s Instructor in the first episode) and the Sky Wizard leader would definitely make the list, based from their calm and relaxed personality.

The Sky Wizard leader is the leader for a good reason, so in Mistogan, she could be number one in total magic power reserves. As for Misora, I think she could make it into the Top 10 list, possibly at Number 9 or 10, since Kanata did mentioned in Episode 3 that Misora’s magic power reserves is greater than most A-rank fireteams, if I’m not mistaken? If that’s the case, isn’t that almost the same as the elite of all elites in Mistogan, the S-rank fireteams? I’ve gotta go re-watch the previous 4 episodes, since the show did mentioned something about Kanata not participating in the rankings match for his A-rank fireteam in one of the flashbacks with Chloe and the blonde guy.

One last thing I would like to mention here, is about the humongous beetle that appeared in the preview for next episode. Looks likely to be a tough opponent, probably possessing a tough armor (Still, it must have some weak spot of some sort, like for example, from the top of his head, or some other location, based from my experience of watching some fantasy animes and RPG-playing).

Since Kanata can only use his Strike Blaster one time a day ( judging from his exhaustion just from firing one shot), who do you guys think the Sky Wizard leader will rely on to exterminate the bigger beetles?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Aug 6, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2014
ooooh lord, what a typical moment for the enemy to attack. I hope that Kanata will show us his strenght next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2015 4:42 AM

Nov 2009
CoolitzHubertXVI said:

Since Kanata can only use his Strike Blaster one time a day ( judging from his exhaustion just from firing one shot), who do you guys think the Sky Wizard leader will rely on to exterminate the bigger beetles?

There's quite a lot of Sky Wizards in Mistogan. They'll probably manage to beat the bugs off.
The problem is, the bugs are too close to the city, where E-ranked wizards and defenseless muggles live! So the MC and his pupils will have to save somebody (or at least themselves).

Also, magic power reserves isn't everything there is to magic combat, through they are an important part of it.
Aug 6, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2012
Vindstot said:
The one thing that could've saved this episode was the reappearance of the ice cream-man, which Misora ruined completely by turning down Kanata's offer. Way to kill my hype.. >.>

+1
Mizeteo said:
The story of Rico was a little bit short in my opinion. All I want right now is for them to show some real fight and maybe more backstory for Kanata esp. now that they are showing hints like he's having a hard time after firing that powerful blast.

+1

Pretty much what I wanted to say.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Aug 6, 2015 5:25 AM

Feb 2012
Just when I wanted to see the girls fight in the competition, annoying swarm of beetles attack. :(

I really think Kanata has lost most of his power or stamina... or something to that effect. Coz apparently, he can still use that destructible attack but catches his breath soon after and uses a board to fly.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 6, 2015 7:27 AM

May 2015
One of the better episodes of this show I would say. We get a bit of the character's story. Looks like shit is coming down next episode. Finally, some action.

Aug 6, 2015 12:23 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Rico sleeping naked huh.....Pretty hot there lol

Episode was okay, but I'm glad to see the team finally come together as one unit and accept Kanata as their instructor

But I'm kinda bummed out that we won't get to see this team battle thing so hopefully this Beetle attack thing will be a good substitute
Aug 7, 2015 12:05 AM

Dec 2014
Rico's backstory was a bit short imo. I wish it dragged out a little longer.

Most likely we'll get an episode focused on Lecty in the future as well. Though I'm more interested in Kanata's backstory atm. Seriously, I cringe everytime I hear "traitor." It's about time that we learn why he has that horrendous label.

Looking forward to the big fight next episode.
Aug 7, 2015 4:20 AM
Jul 2015
I wonder if we will get to see Rico's elder sister fight or not?
Aug 7, 2015 4:49 AM

May 2014
What the hell is with all the toys?!
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 7, 2015 5:30 AM

Jan 2011
Wanted to see the ranked match though... Welp mob invasion still ok with me, at least there's gonna be some action.

Called out on that stalker last ep. Grudge on MC confirmed, now its just time to wait for him to take his stalking abilities to the next lvl.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Aug 7, 2015 6:13 AM

Apr 2009
Still not going to watch this episode uhhh what a waste :(
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Aug 7, 2015 6:41 AM

Apr 2011
The full ending song is out and it so catchy. Been listening to a lot lately.
Aug 7, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2014
Prankster_001 said:
Still not going to watch this episode uhhh what a waste :(

Then go and NEVER come back here...TRoLL
Aug 7, 2015 11:21 AM
Jul 2015
I wonder if Rico's Nee-san would fight or not in the next 2 episodes? She must be so powerful to Out-Goddess the Goddess lol.
Aug 10, 2015 10:43 AM

Dec 2013
Rico with her inferiority complex. Even with Godly skills, it won't be enough when her mindset is already fixed on the "I'm worse than my sister, so I won't bother to try" setting.

I swear Kanata is such a smooth operator. Just a few lines and he's already got the girls he's instructing eating out of the palm of his hand.

Looking forward to seeing what will happen now that their sworn enemies have arrived.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 10, 2015 12:50 PM
Feb 2011
the way he dealt with Rio was kinda disappointing... though I guess I should not have expected anything
Aug 11, 2015 5:22 AM
Jul 2015
Guys, there is an update on the official Japan Kuusen anime website for episode 6’s Summary. Here it is: http://ku-sen.jp/story/
I will try to translate it to English using my mediocre Japanese language understanding below:

Episode 6: The Skies, Taken!
Just as the fireteam E601 was about to engage in the rankings match, a warning siren rang aloud to inform everyone about the approach of the Magical Armored Insects. To take on a large army of more than 10,000 bugs, both the upper-ranked fireteams as well as the lower-ranked ones are forced into frontline combat in a full-scale battle. However, despite exterminating one of the Commander-class insects known as “Chimera”, the assault of the bugs continues on unceasingly……

“Alright! Let’s Go!” “!!?” “You three will go and take out the Chimera!” “!!!??” Unexpectedly, the newly formed team of E601 will have to engage in real combat for the first time! Will they manage to gain their first victory!???
Aug 11, 2015 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Guys, there is an update on the official Japan Kuusen anime website for episode 6’s Summary. Here it is: http://ku-sen.jp/story/
I will try to translate it to English using my mediocre Japanese language understanding below:

Episode 6: The Skies, Taken!
Just as the fireteam E601 was about to engage in the rankings match, a warning siren rang aloud to inform everyone about the approach of the Magical Armored Insects. To take on a large army of more than 10,000 bugs, both the upper-ranked fireteams as well as the lower-ranked ones are forced into frontline combat in a full-scale battle. However, despite exterminating one of the Commander-class insects known as “Chimera”, the assault of the bugs continues on unceasingly……

“Alright! Let’s Go!” “!!?” “You three will go and take out the Chimera!” “!!!??” Unexpectedly, the newly formed team of E601 will have to engage in real combat for the first time! Will they manage to gain their first victory!???
Thanks mate!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2015

134 by EsieEyen »»
Jan 10, 2023 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2015

66 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2015

60 by sharosharo »»
Mar 22, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2015

57 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

68 by sharosharo »»
Mar 21, 2022 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.