Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aug 4, 2015 11:06 PM

In episode five of Charlotte, we are given a scene with Nao and Yu where Nao has Yu listen to a song that her brother used to like before he got fucked up. I have a theory that the lead singer of this band is actually Masami Iwasawa from Angel Beats!. Here are a few reasons why I think so.

Be warned, there are spoilers of Both episode 5 of Charlotte and Episode 3 of Angel Beats!.

First off, the singing voice of Iwasawa also makes an inserted song performance in Charlotte. It's not mentioned which song she preformed or which episode it was, and I myself can't tell by listening to both songs from both anime if they are the same singer or not, but this is still a big leap in the right direction.

Secondly, we hear Nao's dream of wanting to film ZHEIND one day, which is brought upon by being inspired to this music. This is at least a little bit comparable to how Iwasawa
so it makes sense that it would also carry over to Charlotte if this theory is actually truth.

Next, we have these lines spoken by Nao. "The music created by ZHEIND is very vast and downright lonely." Although she says in the next line that she believes this is because the lead singer is blind in both eyes, it could also be explained by Iwasawa's backstory. In her backstory it is revealed that
. If you ask me, that would make someone feel pretty lonely.

Lastly, you have the parallels with Angel Beats! and Charlotte as a whole. Both of them are original anime created by KEY and produced by P.A. Works, and many will argue that there are some story and character similarities as well, although you can also argue that many if not all KEY works are all very similar with each other (you would not be wrong with either assumption). So who knows, there might be a chance that they take place in the same world, but that's a whole 'nother theory for another day.

So do you agree with disagree with this quick little theory I've concocted? Leave some thoughts on your opinion on the matter.

Aug 4, 2015 11:21 PM

I've always wanted Key to do stuff like this, but however I don't think it's true. Although some of the parallels are very similar indeed; Marina, the singer of Iwasawa's song in Angel Beats is the same singer for ZHIEND.
この世界には。。。秘密がある

Aug 4, 2015 11:22 PM

Isawa was hospitalized right after the accident and stayed hospitalized until her death.
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.

Aug 4, 2015 11:27 PM

On the topic of theories, I had one as well (that didnt get any posts T_T). If you guys wanna check it out you can http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1412857
この世界には。。。秘密がある

Aug 9, 2015 2:12 AM

What if Sala is a reincarnation of Iwasawa, supposing that SSS didn't become barnacles?
I mean, I can imagine Jojiro as a reincarnation of Takamatsu; Ayumi as Hatsune; Nao as Kanade; Yuu as Naoi; Misa as Hisako and Yusa as Miyuki. And that guy with shaggy hair as T.K. Charlotte could be set in the future.
It's unlikely, though =P

Aug 9, 2015 3:47 AM

Marshy-kun said:
What if Sala is a reincarnation of Iwasawa, supposing that SSS didn't become barnacles?
I mean, I can imagine Jojiro as a reincarnation of Takamatsu; Ayumi as Hatsune; Nao as Kanade; Yuu as Naoi; Misa as Hisako and Yusa as Miyuki. And that guy with shaggy hair as T.K. Charlotte could be set in the future.
It's unlikely, though =P

That's a very interesting theory though, quite plausible in my opinion. I would love for all that to happen but maybe not for all the characters though. Maybe Yuri as Charlotte. They're both manipulative, and that crazy guy as the teleporter.

Aug 9, 2015 4:19 AM

Marshy-kun said:
It's unlikely, though =P

and takamatsu became takajou

Aug 9, 2015 5:02 AM
kurikinton said:
Marshy-kun said:
It's unlikely, though =P

and takamatsu became takajou

Isn't nao more similar to yurippe than to kanade? And misa as shiina, and yusa as yui.
And no comment for takamatsu and takajou, they're like twins, the same look, the same character and even voice actor.

By the way, who named zhiend's vocalist sala, that means hall in polish xd

Aug 22, 2015 3:11 PM
I was thinking about it too while watching today's episode. Makes sense to me. And yeah, they have the same seiyuu.

Aug 22, 2015 7:10 PM

Impossible to be related to anime Angel Beats, simply by reference to episode 7.

If it were a post Angel Beats, Yuu would not be seeing the anime LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the

Aug 22, 2015 7:46 PM

Probably not. Just a nod to angel beats. They do share the same voice actor. However if she was that would be infinitely cool and add a lot of depth to both charolette and angel beats

Aug 22, 2015 9:06 PM

The next episode is called "The World Not Present"... Maybe we'll see

Nah, just kidding. That sounds like something out of a bad fan-fiction.

Aug 23, 2015 9:33 AM
Iwasawa died without gathering enough money to live alone while Sala could (and she was popular). There's the proof that shows they are different people. My theory is that Sala is what Iwasawa would be if the accident didn't happen.

Aug 23, 2015 9:53 AM
[/spoiler] My only guess would be Sala is Iwasawa reincarnated from Angel Beats.
One dream that will probably never come true: A full anime adaptation of Kimi no Iru Machi or Suzuka anime reboot.

"It Happens."

Aug 23, 2015 10:57 AM

Marshy-kun said:
Yuu as Naoi;

So it's not only me who thought Yuu was really like that hypnotizing boy from Angel Beats. Not bad, though, I've always wanted Naoi got more screentime back when I watched that. He was kinda underrated :/
Modified by toumei_, Aug 23, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 23, 2015 11:21 AM

NOT JUST IWASAWA , IT'S SHINON FROM SWORD ART ONLINE TOO

Aug 23, 2015 12:33 PM

No, Angel Beats is an anime in the world of Charlotte. We saw a PV for one of the songs in episode 7.

Aug 23, 2015 9:09 PM

DmonHiro said:
No, Angel Beats is an anime in the world of Charlotte. We saw a PV for one of the songs in episode 7.

^ This. I don't understand why some seem so dead set on this anime being linked to Angel Beats as much as possible. They (the writers) have nodded to it her and there, as one might expect, but these theories trying to fit them into the same universe, or claiming certain characters are reincarnations from Angel Beats, is just ludicrous.

Aug 23, 2015 11:56 PM

oxfordroyale said:
DmonHiro said:

^ This. I don't understand why some seem so dead set on this anime being linked to Angel Beats as much as possible. They (the writers) have nodded to it her and there, as one might expect, but these theories trying to fit them into the same universe, or claiming certain characters are reincarnations from Angel Beats, is just ludicrous.

It's just theorizing. You know, for fun. It's not like that short Angel Beats cameo means much anyway -- If they truly wanted to link Charlotte and AB!, they could simply write that off as an easter egg and nothing more.

Besides, it's not like there's much to talk about while waiting for a new episode each week anyway. Theories like these, however far-fetched they may be, keep things interesting.

Aug 24, 2015 10:33 AM

oxfordroyale said:
DmonHiro said:

While it is shown that Angel Beats! was an anime in Charlotte, it could still be in the same world. It sounds weird but it just depends on what the creators want to do. For example in Umineko no Naku Koro ni Maria watches Higurashi no Naki Koro ni on TV, even both are in the same world (and directly related to each other).
"Everyone's carrying something that matters. You just don't realize when you're carrying it. It's only after it slips out of your hand that you realize how heavy it was in the first place. So many times I thought that I'd never carry a load like that ever again. And yet, before I realized it, I was carrying it again. I'd feel so much better if I just got rid of it. But I just can't bring myself to do it." - Sakata Gintoki

Aug 24, 2015 11:24 AM

How ironic because Sala and Iwasawa has the same VA
[center]

Feb 8, 2016 11:34 PM

And there's always the chance that the author was not feeling particularly creative that day.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 4, 2018 7:32 AM
she's not, or at least im pretty god damn sure shes not. i think she was reincarnated as someone else, and her next life had her reincarnated as a successful artist in the world of charrollate, because angel was singing her song in the real world and it made a kameo in charrollate. she was not reoncarnated as the singer for zhiend hough. How i know? because in episode 8, TK and his friend made a cameo in it...yeah TK from angel beats was alive durring this time...so yeah....she def wasn't reincarnated as the singer from zhiend, cause it would have been after the events in angel beat....tk would be dead, unless she reincarnated in the same era that she was living in.