Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Aug 3, 2015 5:23 AM

Imaishi said:
Kill la Kill. Why? Evolution. People evolve, for the better, and when all shit tastes die out, its rating will gradually increase and reach #1 on MAL.

So never?

Infatuate said:
Inferno cop: the movie

The only answer

Or if the next season of Gintama got the

Aug 3, 2015 5:27 AM

By the way, what really is the reason why Gintama has FIVE entries with 9+ in MaL?
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Aug 3, 2015 5:27 AM

Karadzic said:
One Punch Man

Nope, because:
"Gary Stu protagonist! instant 0/10!"

They actually have to rate it low. If they don't, then they are officially showing themselves as hypocrites.

Aug 3, 2015 5:28 AM

peeyaj said:
By the way, what really is the reason why Gintama has FIVE entries with 9+ in MaL?
Idk, maybe people think its good and keep rating every entry highly?

Aug 3, 2015 5:29 AM

A 110-episode OVA of Fate/Stay Night, of course.
And anything regarding Gintama for us overly biased fuckers called Gintama fans.

Aug 3, 2015 5:30 AM
Hug Addict <3

Well any top rated manga/LN/VN that hasn't been adapted yet is obviously a potential, but we don't know if that'll ever happen anyway

Out of what we know that is coming out... well Steins;Gate 0 might, but I personally think no. One Punch-Man will surely be pretty high, but I can't imagine it'd be 9+. Shingeki no Kyojin S2 will have some sequel effect but even so I highly doubt it can get that high

At the moment I don't really think anything will reach that high anytime soon. Mushishi's movie once it's subbed maybe but I think it's more likely to end up in the same range as the rest of the series has

peeyaj said:
Because the first season did, and then the rest obviously also did since they were just more of the same and there was sequel effect taken into account?

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Aug 3, 2015 5:35 AM

Feaor said:
peeyaj said:
Idk, maybe people think its good and keep rating every entry highly?

I suspect that Gintama fans are really members of its own cult. 😄 lol
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

Aug 3, 2015 5:41 AM

An original anime probably. Then you'll be free of the source fags. Made a studio that doesn't have much hate, just in case. Good staff and a decent director. Something fresh, captivating, appeals to almost everyone from filthy casuals to the hardcore "i haz good taste maymay xDDD' elitists. That's something that might have a good chance. Although I don't see it happening.... At all. Japan is free to prove me wrong though.

Aug 3, 2015 5:43 AM

I doubt anything without Gintama in the name will make it up there anymore, too many elitists, too many "I hate popularity" voters, too many nostalgia critics.
Just look at the top 10, only 5 out of the 10 even have over 100,000 voters. Less people means easier to get a higher average. Idk how they weigh it out more than that, but that's a very misleading rating.

Aug 3, 2015 5:47 AM

The Mushishi movie will be the next entry (can't wait for it to be subbed :D)
All credit goes to Sacred.

Aug 3, 2015 5:50 AM

Okashi_sama said:
An original anime probably. Then you'll be free of the source fags. Made a studio that doesn't have much hate, just in case. Good staff and a decent director. Something fresh, captivating, appeals to almost everyone from filthy casuals to the hardcore "i haz good taste maymay xDDD' elitists. That's something that might have a good chance. Although I don't see it happening.... At all. Japan is free to prove me wrong though.

if i were rich, i`m gonna fund my own studio.

A studio that makes elitist pandering anime that appeals to elitist.
As for adaptation, i`m gonna adapt Vagabond, Vinland Saga, 20th Century boys into anime.
Also Berserk and Battle Angel Alita will get Anime remake as well.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907

Aug 3, 2015 5:52 AM

Loli-Sazanami said:
Okashi_sama said:

As for adaptation, i`m gonna adapt Vagabond, Vinland Saga, 20th Century boys into anime.

Congrats, you're gonna go bankrupt pretty quickly.

Aug 3, 2015 6:08 AM

yhunata said:
Loli-Sazanami said:

Especially since Elitist pandering is aiming for the minority, and in a niche medium like anime which already panders to a minority; that would be committing financial suicide.

Aug 3, 2015 6:28 AM

Loli-Sazanami said:
20th Century Boys Anime
Oyasumi Punpun Anime
Hakomari Anime
Jojo part 7 Anime
Vagabond Anime
Vinland Saga Anime
New Anime directed my Yuasa
Blame! Anime remake (the original is a shitty ONA)
Berserk Anime remake
Battle Angel Alita Anime remake
New Anime written by ABe Yoshitoshi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime remake

THIS

Also to add HxH when it carries on..

TheGeniusBaka said:
some webtoon mahwa if get they get anime adaptions.
example
DICE The Cube Than Changes EveryThing

Tower of God would be pretty good. It has the best battle royale environment I've ever seen.

Aug 3, 2015 6:36 AM

If there was ever a studio talented enough to properly adapt Oyasumi Punpun or Hakomari. (Which is highly doubtful), then that could easily get a 9 imo.
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.

Aug 3, 2015 6:50 AM

yhunata said:

I don`t care, even the sales is shitty, the western community will support me.
If the sales on the west is more than 1k then instant sequel.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907

Aug 3, 2015 6:55 AM

ichii_1 said:
If shigatsu couldn't do it nothing can,

It came very close, though.

Aug 3, 2015 6:59 AM

peeyaj said:

Because the original Gintama is a 9+ and it's quality is consistent even throughout the sequels. The movie was also like another Gintama arc so again same. I mean is that really hard to guess?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2015 7:03 AM

Gintama: The Redundancy.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
I conclude that this theme is in fact good!

I would say the Koe no Katachi movie but because it's a movie adaption of a 7 volume long manga, it probably won't be that good. A full series yes, a movie, no.

Loli-Sazanami said:
yhunata said:

I don`t care, even the sales is shitty, the western community will support me.
If the sales on the west is more than 1k then instant sequel.

You won't have the money to do that.

CG-Silver said:
peeyaj said:

Because the original Gintama is a 9+ and it's quality is consistent even throughout the sequels. The movie was also like another Gintama arc so again same. I mean is that really hard to guess?

The movie was shit.

Aug 3, 2015 7:08 AM

yhunata said:
The movie was shit.

I respect your opinion but I, along with many others, thought it was amazing. It had everything what made up Gintama. I've already put it on Plan to watch again so that I can remember to watch it again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Aug 3, 2015 7:11 AM

CG-Silver said:

yhunata said:
The movie was shit.

I respect your opinion but I, along with many others, thought it was amazing. It had everything what made up Gintama. I've already put it on Plan to watch again so that I can remember to watch it again.

I agree that it had everything that made up Gintama, including the part that Gintama is shit at being serious, which is why Enchousen sucks as well.

Aug 3, 2015 7:11 AM
Hug Addict <3

CG-Silver said:

yhunata said:
The movie was shit.

I'd say it was better than the entire TV-series. Ironic given that Gintama normally sucks when it's being serious but for once they actually pulled through since it was actually really well-written

Enchousen was the real downfall in my eyes

Aug 3, 2015 7:12 AM

yhunata said:
CG-Silver said:

I agree that it had everything that made up Gintama, including the part that Gintama is shit at being serious, which is why Enchousen sucks as well.

Then you like the comedy part. Maybe you'd have watched a lot of shounen fighting but w/o superpower battles are fun. xD

Aug 3, 2015 7:16 AM

CG-Silver said:
yhunata said:

Then you like the comedy part. Maybe you'd have watched a lot of shounen fighting but w/o superpower battles are fun. xD

My favorite battle shonen is RuroKen, which has exaggerations at most, so no. Lack of superpowers isn't it, I just think Sorachi isn't that good at writing serious stories.

Aug 3, 2015 7:24 AM

Hunter x Hunter (2031)
Long running Berserk anime animated by Bones or Madhouse
Faithful Battle Angel Alita adaptation

Aug 3, 2015 7:29 AM

Voidling said:
Hunter x Hunter (2031)

What's the last one?

Aug 3, 2015 7:30 AM

Voidling said:
Hunter x Hunter (3012)

ftfy

Aug 3, 2015 7:33 AM

CG-Silver said:
Voidling said:
Hunter x Hunter (2031)

What's the last one?

A faithful Battle Angel Alita adaptation, because the previous one is an adaptation of only the first two volumes of the manga.

yhunata said:
Voidling said:
Hunter x Hunter (3012)

ftfy

lol

Aug 3, 2015 7:41 AM

Loli-Sazanami said:
20th Century Boys Anime
Oyasumi Punpun Anime
Hakomari Anime
Jojo part 7 Anime
Vagabond Anime
Vinland Saga Anime
New Anime directed my Yuasa
Blame! Anime remake (the original is a shitty ONA)
Berserk Anime remake
Battle Angel Alita Anime remake
New Anime written by ABe Yoshitoshi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime remake

yes please. I assume these come out next season?

Aug 3, 2015 7:44 AM

Tokyo Ghoul remake if it was made without failing. *wishful thinking

Realistically speaking:
Gintama if

Aug 3, 2015 8:12 AM
Hug Addict <3

Orange is ending in a few weeks as well, that could very well get a full adaptation in the future which should send it pretty high I reckon. It's effectively a much better version of AnoHana after all

Aug 3, 2015 8:35 AM

LOGH remake most likely.
A HakoMari by SHAFT would be able to get to that level.
Some Gintama stuff

Steins;Gate Zero maybe
Madoka S2 maybe

Aug 3, 2015 9:03 AM

AzureDaora said:
LOGH remake most likely.
Some Gintama stuff

Steins;Gate Zero maybe
Madoka S2 maybe

I don't Madoka can but it has more content?

Aug 3, 2015 9:07 AM
Hug Addict <3

CG-Silver said:
AzureDaora said:
LOGH remake most likely.
Some Gintama stuff

Steins;Gate Zero maybe
Madoka S2 maybe

I don't Madoka can but it has more content?
Madoka was an original anime so no, but they changed the ending of the third movie so that it would in fact be possible to write a continuation in the future if they wanted to, and there have been talks about a second season perhaps being made at some point. However that's still just speculation, nothing is confirmed

Aug 3, 2015 9:08 AM

AttackOnTetris said:
There's too much backlash hate against Shingeki no Kyojin because its mainstream appeal overshadows its rightful status as a masterpiece. The same people who finished S1 despite "hating" it will also "grudgingly" watch S2 just to "see what all the hype is about".

Explain other highly rated and popular anime like FMA and Gintama

Aug 3, 2015 9:20 AM

Kokko said:
AttackOnTetris said:
There's too much backlash hate against Shingeki no Kyojin because its mainstream appeal overshadows its rightful status as a masterpiece. The same people who finished S1 despite "hating" it will also "grudgingly" watch S2 just to "see what all the hype is about".

Problem is AOT got instant popularity and it's only 25 eps while FMAB and Gintama slowly crawled the stairs to popularity.

Aug 3, 2015 9:54 AM

one piece when they finish.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 3, 2015 10:07 AM

Code Geass R3

For some reason if they decide to remake FMA again.

Anything Gintama

Possibly Bleach 2

Aug 3, 2015 10:10 AM

CG-Silver said:
Kokko said:

Problem is AOT got instant popularity and it's only 25 eps while FMAB and Gintama slowly crawled the stairs to popularity.
cough;cough, steins;gate.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 3, 2015 10:14 AM

it's funny how people complain about gintama take many slot, when it's not gintama fault.

Aug 3, 2015 10:14 AM

AttackOnTetris said:

Berserk and 20th Century Boys can get adapted and get 9+. Not sure about other series.

Don't forget Pluto.

Aug 3, 2015 10:18 AM

Owarimonogatari (for a short while though).

Most likely One Piece if it ends within a decade.
"Hi!"

Aug 3, 2015 11:48 AM

Unyilkdr said:
CG-Silver said:

cough;cough, steins;gate.

SG also took it's sweet time to get to 400,000. Gintama is still unpopular as 200,000 is very less compared to other series getting 300,000+ members in a matter of less than two years or so.
Just look at AOT and SAO, SAO was rated 8.40 when it had 200,000 members whereas AOT had a rating of 8.92 something when it had somewhere close to 200,000 members. After hitting 300,000 mark in less than 2 years, both series fell drastically especially SAO. That's the problem with people nowadays, they can't stand series getting popularity and their fan-bases talking about them.

it's funny how people complain about gintama take many slot, when it's not gintama fault.

You also forgot to mention that some of them mention we fanboy over it. Like seriously, it's very difficult to find people fanboying over Gintama in the forums.
Modified by CG-Silver, Aug 3, 2015 12:01 PM

Aug 3, 2015 12:05 PM

CG-Silver said:
SG also took it's sweet time to get to 400,000. Gintama is still unpopular as 200,000 is very less compared to other series getting 300,000+ members in a matter of less than two years or so.
Just look at AOT and SAO, SAO was rated 8.40 when it had 200,000 members whereas AOT had a rating of 8.90 something when it had somewhere close to 200,000 members. After hitting 250,000 mark in less than 2 years, both series fell drastically especially SAO. That's the problem with people nowadays, they can't stand series getting popularity and their fan-bases talking about them.
what i want to said is popularity =/= long series =/= rangkings. too rondom. both of them have positive and negative effect.

CG-Silver said:

You also forgot to mention that some of them mention we fanboy over it. Like seriously, it's very difficult to find people fanboying over Gintama in the forums.
you can only found fanboyism when it have correlation in comedy. other than that, i rarely see it. people thinking soo many fanboyism because very high ratings with small fanbase. the presentage of 10 is extreamly high. it's not both gintama and gintama fans fault.

Aug 3, 2015 12:08 PM

Unyilkdr said:
CG-Silver said:
Just look at AOT and SAO, SAO was rated 8.40 when it had 200,000 members whereas AOT had a rating of 8.90 something when it had somewhere close to 200,000 members. After hitting 250,000 mark in less than 2 years, both series fell drastically especially SAO. That's the problem with people nowadays, they can't stand series getting popularity and their fan-bases talking about them.
what i want to said is popularity =/= long series =/= rangkings. too rondom. both of them have positive and negative effect.

CG-Silver said:

you can only found fanboyism when it have correlation in comedy. other than that, i rarely see it. people thinking soo many fanboyism because very high ratings with small fanbase. the presentage of 10 is extreamly high. it's not both gintama and gintama fans fault.

Btw happy news, go check out Mushishi's movie is subbed. Less than 1 hour ago.

Edit: Lets see the rise, it's 8.37 right now. Will be interesting to see how far it goes. Will it be the next 9+, maybe it's the closest.
Modified by CG-Silver, Aug 3, 2015 12:12 PM

Aug 3, 2015 12:43 PM
Hug Addict <3

CG-Silver said:
Unyilkdr said:

Btw happy news, go check out Mushishi's movie is subbed. Less than 1 hour ago.

Edit: Lets see the rise, it's 8.37 right now. Will be interesting to see how far it goes. Will it be the next 9+, maybe it's the closest.
I'm going to guess it'll be about the same as the last season, so let's say 8.95

Assuming there's no noteworthy difference in quality that is

Aug 3, 2015 12:58 PM

HaXXspetten said:
I'm going to guess it'll be about the same as the last season, so let's say 8.95

already watch it raws, and don't know much about story, don't understand it, but the atmospahre is typical mushishi. very calming and amazing. one of the best episode. and that art. eygasm. 10/10. wolud watch again when my local fansub done it.

Aug 3, 2015 1:02 PM

HaXXspetten said:
it'll be about the same as the last season, so let's say 8.95

Yeah around 8.96 is my guess. A SoL getting 9+ is extremely rare. Only CAS has been able to do so far.

Pages (17) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »