Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2015 7:35 AM

Nov 2014
Here are the shows I think have a chance of getting a 9+
- Mushishi movie that concludes the story (if it is good)
- I heard Legend of the Galactic heroes is getting a remake. If so, it will get a 9+ for sure.
Aug 16, 2015 7:49 AM

Feb 2013
AttackOnTetris said:
I thought the main driving factor of sequel boost is that people who don't like the first season won't watch the second season. So a lot of these haters, if they truly legitimately hate SnK, will not watch the second season and thus not downrate it. However, as we can see from SAO, most of these "haters" hate the first season so much that they go watch a whole new season just so they can hate on it some more. Or maybe it's just that they actually like the show and think it's cool to hate on it.

Well yeah a lot of these "haters" actually didn't drop the show, just look at some stats

(not counting on-hold and watching)
SNK: completed = 449,237 -> dropped = 12,961 -> 2.8%
Bakemonogatari: 222,122 -> dropped = 11,642 -> 5.24%
Mushishi: compl: 94,171 -> dropped = 6198 -> 6.58%
(Aria The Animation even has a 10% drop ratio)

So SNK is not going to have such a big sequel boost like these other shows
Aug 16, 2015 7:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Conficker said:
- Mushishi movie that concludes the story (if it is good)
It's already been subbed for a couple weeks, seems to be stabilizing more around 8.70 so I really don't think it will
Aug 16, 2015 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
i think shokugeki can take a cake. they not even reach best arc and already 8,5.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 16, 2015 9:45 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Unyilkdr said:
i think shokugeki can take a cake. they not even reach best arc and already 8,5.
Mmm but it'll only be a 'to be continued' ending for this season so I can't imagine it getting above like 8.70 or so. However if/when any further seasons of it come out, anything's possible
Aug 16, 2015 9:50 AM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Unyilkdr said:
Mmm but it'll only be a 'to be continued' ending for this season so I can't imagine it getting above like 8.70 or so. However if/when any further seasons of it come out, anything's possible
i hope they launch winter tournament arc as long movie (2 hours or more) or 2 movie series. that would be great. if waiting for next season, i think more than 2 years to wait.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Aug 16, 2015 11:28 AM
Jan 2014
Steins;Gate 0 maybe, if it maintains the quality from the first season.
Aug 16, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
No Game No Life season 2
reason? because Jibril.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 16, 2015 11:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
DreamingBeats said:
No Game No Life season 2
reason? because Jibril.
I'm pretty sure season 2 would get higher rated mostly because of Riku and ShuVi in that case

...if it ever gets a second season that is
Aug 16, 2015 1:25 PM

Jan 2014
If Cross Ange couldn't make it, I don't think anything else deserves a 9+. But I'd agree with some people who said that a thorough Berserk adaptation would do it. Boku no Hero Academia is great so far, but I don't think it could get past a 9 with the way it is now. Maybe the new LoGH adaptation could be the next 9+ rated anime on MAL if its audience wasn't mostly diehard fans who don't think there could be anything better than that old
old stuff. I guess even just an exceptionally well done animation boost with everything else left the same wouldn't be to most people's liking. However, MAL is pretty unpredictable in my opinion and I like it that way.
Aug 16, 2015 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
TheNextChamp said:
AttackOnTetris said:
I thought the main driving factor of sequel boost is that people who don't like the first season won't watch the second season. So a lot of these haters, if they truly legitimately hate SnK, will not watch the second season and thus not downrate it. However, as we can see from SAO, most of these "haters" hate the first season so much that they go watch a whole new season just so they can hate on it some more. Or maybe it's just that they actually like the show and think it's cool to hate on it.

Well yeah a lot of these "haters" actually didn't drop the show, just look at some stats

(not counting on-hold and watching)
SNK: completed = 449,237 -> dropped = 12,961 -> 2.8%
Bakemonogatari: 222,122 -> dropped = 11,642 -> 5.24%
Mushishi: compl: 94,171 -> dropped = 6198 -> 6.58%
(Aria The Animation even has a 10% drop ratio)

So SNK is not going to have such a big sequel boost like these other shows

How about the possibility of folks liking the 2nd season more than the 1st? Excluding the die hard haters that already has made up their mind that no matter what they won't like the series. As much as I like the first season, I must say what comes after it is even better IMO. Its really unpredictable, no one can really tell the outcome.
Aug 16, 2015 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:

How about the possibility of folks liking the 2nd season more than the 1st? Excluding the die hard haters that already has made up their mind that no matter what they won't like the series. As much as I like the first season, I must say what comes after it is even better IMO. Its really unpredictable, no one can really tell the outcome.

Considering how much SnK's score has plummeted since it ended, even if the second season will be generally considered an improvement over the first one, it'll probably not get past 8.85.

I still remember when the first season was close to 9... Those were good times.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Aug 16, 2015 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
Steins;Gate 0
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Aug 16, 2015 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
geralt said:
keragamming said:

Considering how much SnK's score has plummeted since it ended, even if the second season will be generally considered an improvement over the first one, it'll probably not get past 8.85.

I think the highest the first season got to was. 9.05. Good times indeed.
Aug 16, 2015 3:51 PM

Aug 2015
The next installment of Steins;Gate, Gintama, HUNTER×HUNTER, LoGH, Code Geass, Clannad or FMA, seeing as those are the only series with 9.00+ score currently.
More than likely, then, it will be Steins;Gate 0.
Aug 16, 2015 3:56 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
keragamming said:
geralt said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1240345
Aug 16, 2015 4:29 PM

Sep 2014
If they realese individual half episode specials of gintama they would all instantly get 9 or 10's no matter what they consisted of by a the small group of gintama cultists instantly flooding the top 100 anime with more gintama. ratings and the top anime list on this are a joke on this site. Not saying gintama is bad at all (dont really wanna get flayed) but it goes to show that ratings mean jack shit beyond a 7 or 8 especially
Aug 16, 2015 4:39 PM

Mar 2015
davinci12 said:
If they realese individual half episode specials of gintama they would all instantly get 9 or 10's no matter what they consisted of by a the small group of gintama cultists instantly flooding the top 100 anime with more gintama. ratings and the top anime list on this are a joke on this site. Not saying gintama is bad at all (dont really wanna get flayed) but it goes to show that ratings mean jack shit beyond a 7 or 8 especially
it's not gintama fault, nor gintama fans fault. gintama just know how to pleasure their fans right and the fans answer it, as simple as that. even every gintama jump fista are worth to watch (for fans).
Aug 16, 2015 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
Unyilkdr said:
davinci12 said:
it's not gintama fault, nor gintama fans fault. gintama just know how to pleasure their fans right and the fans answer it, as simple as that. even every gintama jump fista are worth to watch (for fans).

the fanboy in you is showing never said it was anyones "fault" sir
davinci12Aug 16, 2015 4:48 PM
Aug 16, 2015 4:50 PM

Mar 2015
davinci12 said:
Unyilkdr said:
the fanboy in you is showing never said it was anyones fault chum
are you sure about that? i blod your own words. you implaying gintama fans cultist gintama as perfect thing, but in reality, gintama fans are critic about anime itself. look at episodic discussion. they are lively criticize and compare it to manga, or even discuss about every parody in it. not like "OMG *insert character here* is shown. animation is GOD-TIER, 10/10" type.
Aug 16, 2015 5:01 PM

Oct 2013
HaXXspetten said:
keragamming said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1240345

Thanks! This will be useful when the 2nd season airs, so I can compare them week by week.
Aug 16, 2015 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
One Piece when it ends, taking the number 1 spot it deserves
Aug 16, 2015 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
Easily, One Punch Man.
Aug 16, 2015 5:42 PM

Dec 2014
JJBA Steel Ball Run
Aug 17, 2015 2:12 PM
Feb 2014
Only 11 anime are rated 9+ on myanimelist... I don't think we can predict the next masterpiece... it's easier to predict 8+
Aug 17, 2015 2:14 PM

Mar 2015
Phoenix196 said:
Only 11 anime are rated 9+ on myanimelist... I don't think we can predict the next masterpiece... it's easier to predict 8+
this summer alone have more than 5 titles with 8+.
Aug 17, 2015 2:24 PM
Sep 2014
Major123 said:
If Berserk gets another adaptation and its really good, I can see that getting around 9.

Would love to see another Berserk adaptation. Wasn't impressed with the OVAs.
Aug 17, 2015 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
TrigT said:
Owarimonogatari maybe?
I dont read the LNs but i heard this is the last one.

Noragami. Hopefully it gets more praise, especially the manga.
That would be really cool if owarimonogatari was somehow the best season, but like how that possible m8?
Brace yourself.

Soon as LotGH 2017 comes out. The anime community is going to become so cancerous you will need to take cover and hide.
Oct 6, 2015 2:17 PM

Oct 2013
Had to necro back this thread. Lol at all the folks that say one punch man would reach the 9 ratings its still early and the score could go up as the episode goes by, but no way this series will touch the 9 range. I hope I don't eat my words on this. XD
Oct 6, 2015 2:28 PM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
Had to necro back this thread. Lol at all the folks that say one punch man would reach the 9 ratings its still early and the score could go up as the episode goes by, but no way this series will touch the 9 range. I hope I don't eat my words on this. XD
it's still one episode dude. calm. it's seasonal anime. but i don't think it will even touch 8,8 in the and. season 2 maybe.

will kizumonogatari take a cake? or rewrite?
Oct 6, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
keragamming said:

The manga has an 8.84 rating so I expect the anime to end somewhere around that.

At the moment I'd say Steins Gate 0 is the most likely candidate to be the next 9+ anime.
5. Is it actually good?

Oct 6, 2015 2:32 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
absentminded said:
keragamming said:
it's still one episode dude. calm. it's seasonal anime. but i don't think it will even touch 8,8 in the and. season 2 maybe.

will kizumonogatari take a cake? or rewrite?
Kizu could be high, but probably not 9

Rewrite will almost surely get a bad adaptation so not likely, but even if it did get a good one I wouldn't predict it getting over 8.7-8.8 or so
Oct 6, 2015 2:33 PM

Jul 2014
I can see steins gate 0 getting a 9+ rating
Oct 6, 2015 3:43 PM

May 2014
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria if it's gets a great adaptation.
Oct 6, 2015 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
superlink1205 said:
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria if it's gets a great adaptation.

I think it will get butchered badly if it gets adapted, doesn't matter the studio. The little details which are crucial will be left out due to budgeting, time issues, pacing or simple ignorance. Maybe a high budget movie of the first volume, otherwise I just can't see it getting a good anime TV series adaptation.
Oct 7, 2015 6:01 AM

Oct 2010
Suzumiya Haruhi season 3
Evangelion movie 3.0+2.0 (if Anno will want this)
Nana season 2
An anime so awful and atrocious that everyone will troll with 9 and 10
Shingeki no Kyojin Levi x Erwin (because yaoi fangirls)
An anime where Japan wins Rugby World Cup
An anime with the script and story by Urobuchi and directed by Shinbou Akiyuki, with 26 episodes and an open ending which will make you either cry either say wtf did I just watched.
Oct 7, 2015 6:48 AM

Sep 2013
geralt said:
keragamming said:

The manga has an 8.84 rating so I expect the anime to end somewhere around that.

At the moment I'd say Steins Gate 0 is the most likely candidate to be the next 9+ anime.
Well...Madhouse made a 9.15 anime out of a 8.63 manga (HxH)..so any thing is possible..
Oct 7, 2015 6:50 AM
Apr 2015
Kizu will be 10/10

no doubt
Oct 7, 2015 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
malki said:
geralt said:

Well...Madhouse made a 9.15 anime out of a 8.63 manga (HxH)..so any thing is possible..

HxH manga is often dissed because of the "simplistic" art and long hiatuses, so HxH 2011 being an adaptation with none of those flaws was received more positively.
The anime of One Punch Man doesn't have those advantages over its manga counterpart, if anything I could see people complaining about it not looking as good.
5. Is it actually good?

Oct 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Mar 2015
geralt said:
malki said:

HxH manga is often dissed because of the "simplistic" art and long hiatuses, so HxH 2011 being an adaptation with none of those flaws was received more positively.
The anime of One Punch Man doesn't have those advantages over its manga counterpart, if anything I could see people complaining about it not looking as good.
gintama only have 8.21. source material is not everything IMHO. but still give many effect.
Oct 7, 2015 9:23 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
absentminded said:
geralt said:

gintama only have 8.21. source material is not everything IMHO. but still give many effect.
You know that's bugged right? Gintama's manga had like 8.70 before the score got fucked

They had a separate one-shot entry which tons of people had finished but rated rather low. Then they merged that entry into the main Gintama one. As a result, everyone who had voted x for the one-shot instead automatically got that vote x for the main series. As a result it instantly dropped from 8.70 all the way down to like 8.05. Most of the people affected by this are probably still unaware that it even happened and have thus not corrected it. Sadly there is probably no real solution to this screw-up until Gintama ends where it'll finally get automatically fixed again by the 1/5 rule

http://myanimelist.net/manga/44/Gintama/stats
If you look at its stats page, you can see that there are 5,658 people who have listed it as Completed (over 20% of the total reader count). It is logical to assume that essentially all of those are votes from the one-shot where they marked *that* entry as completed which then got carried over
Oct 7, 2015 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
geralt said:
malki said:

even so..9.15 is way higher than 8.63..the art isn't the only factor..Also HxH isn't the only anime made by madhouse that have score higher than its manga..there is also Wolf Children (manga:8.37 anime:8.87), Hajime no Ippo (manga:8.69 anime:8.86), Rainbow (manga:8.39 anime:8.66) and Parasyte (manga:8.49 anime:8.65) ext..
Oct 7, 2015 12:01 PM

Oct 2012
World Trigger because Toei and henshin heroes.
Oct 7, 2015 12:35 PM

Mar 2015
HaXXspetten said:
oh yeah, already forgot about it. but it still really high boosting compare to original source.
Toei said:
World Trigger because Toei and henshin heroes.
well, we have filler season this time, and maybe season 2 also upcoming.but i don't think it's gonna be that easy. but i will laugh as hard as i can if it's really happened.
Oct 7, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
One Punch Man because it's fucking genius!
Oct 7, 2015 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
One Punch Man has a chance of getting close to a 9 with upcoming episodes. We'll see how it goes.
Oct 7, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2014
AOT is coming for that spot.
Oct 7, 2015 1:08 PM

Dec 2013
sullynathan said:

If it reaches 8.40 it will be a miracle.
Oct 7, 2015 1:09 PM

Mar 2014
robis798 said:
sullynathan said:

Oct 7, 2015 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
robis798 said:
sullynathan said:

If you mean 9.40, then I agree with you. But since the original season is already 8.60+, the 2nd season is easily going to clear 8.40 due to the sequel effect and all that. I'm guessing AoT will probably top out at around 8.90~.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (17) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 hours ago

36 by DesuMaiden »»
1 minute ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

90 by ColourWheel »»
1 minute ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by AxiaG »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.