Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Aug 7, 2015 9:46 AM

ClinT- said:
Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R3 ? It would deserve it ...
[spoiler]Lelouch is dead, right?[/quote]

Modified by DannyTheDonkey, Aug 7, 2015 9:50 AM
"When I am White, I win because I am White. When I am Black, I win because I am Bogoljubov"

Aug 7, 2015 9:46 AM

Suikomaru said:
Unyilkdr said:
still counting those hype from OPM and wait it fall.
And I'll laugh very hard if dat prediction was wrong XD
well, with those action hype, the battle end less than a minutes gonna rekt their hype. and gary sue issue. and comedy issue. and character issue. this gotta be fun to take my popcorn. (i am web toon fans BTW, not murata version)
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 7, 2015 9:49 AM

Unyilkdr said:
Suikomaru said:
And I'll laugh very hard if dat prediction was wrong XD
well, with those action hype, the battle gonna end less than a minutes gonna be rekt that hype. and gary sue issue. and comedy issue. and character issue. this gonna be fun to take my popcorn. (i am web toon fans BTW, not murata version)
Still, I'll gonna watch both the anime and the discussions. It might be "interesting" to see the "elitists" storming it... (I'm a fanboy tho...)

Aug 7, 2015 10:00 AM
Hug Addict <3

Suikomaru said:
ClinT- said:
Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R3 ? It would deserve it ...

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Aug 7, 2015 10:02 AM

Suikomaru said:
Unyilkdr said:
well, with those action hype, the battle gonna end less than a minutes gonna be rekt that hype. and gary sue issue. and comedy issue. and character issue. this gonna be fun to take my popcorn. (i am web toon fans BTW, not murata version)
Still, I'll gonna watch both the anime and the discussions. It might be "interesting" to see the "elitists" storming it... (I'm a fanboy tho...)
me too. and forgot to mention:
-talk no jutsu
-cliche villian
-cliche villian hero
i watch it for fun. it's gonna be amazing to watch those debate.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 7, 2015 10:10 AM

A lot of people are talking abut Hakomari,I don't think its gonna work as an anime.First of all,it doesn't have any popularity in Japan and mostly anime is made keeping Japanese audience in mind.And given the way,its written,if a big studio doesn't pick it up,which is highly unlikely,the adaptation would be an instant RIP.

Aug 7, 2015 10:43 AM
Hug Addict <3

laidellent said:
A lot of people are talking abut Hakomari,I don't think its gonna work as an anime.First of all,it doesn't have any popularity in Japan and mostly anime is made keeping Japanese audience in mind.And given the way,its written,if a big studio doesn't pick it up,which is highly unlikely,the adaptation would be an instant RIP.
Everyone is just dreaming

Of course it'll never happen in reality

Also to all of those who said the Mushishi movie would get above 9, it seems to be staying at about 8.70 consistently since the day it got subbed so I wouldn't count on it anymore

Aug 7, 2015 10:52 AM

The next big Madhouse show like onepunch man maybe. IF it will have many episodes. The more the episodes = the more the score will be effected in the positive way because of the /5 rule (more seasons also help since people drop it if they don't like it and don't bother with sequels). And Madhouse is a popular studio that doesn't have enough haters yet due to having a good track record recently, unlike big studios which already had too many haters to make the score on this site go above 9 (like ufotable, bones, a1-pictures, production I.G, etc).

Aug 7, 2015 10:53 AM

HaXXspetten said:
laidellent said:

Also to all of those who said the Mushishi movie would get above 9, it seems to be staying at about 8.70 consistently since the day it got subbed so I wouldn't count on it anymore

its not on kissanime yet so not everyone has seen it yet and the episode thread isnt even on page 2 give it some time

Aug 7, 2015 11:00 AM

saddy34 said:
HaXXspetten said:

its not on kissanime yet so not everyone has seen it yet and the episode thread isnt even on page 2 give it some time
still impossible to because open ending. and most of people hate it (Not me).

Aug 7, 2015 11:01 AM

Unyilkdr said:
saddy34 said:

its an episodic show so ofc it has this kind of ending are people really this dumb

Aug 7, 2015 11:08 AM
Hug Addict <3

saddy34 said:
Unyilkdr said:

its an episodic show so ofc it has this kind of ending are people really this dumb
Even an episodic show can have a proper conclusion you know?

Imagine Cowboy Bebop without the last 5 or so episodes. It'd have sucked

Aug 7, 2015 11:13 AM

HaXXspetten said:
saddy34 said:

cowboy bebop had continuity and a plot in a way,mushishi not

Aug 7, 2015 11:19 AM
Hug Addict <3

saddy34 said:
HaXXspetten said:

cowboy bebop had continuity and a plot in a way,mushishi not
A little bit, yes

Still I was hoping it could be something different rather than just another episode which was literally the same as the rest of the show. If you didn't know this was the finale, you would never have guessed that it was. That's kind of a bad sign in my mind. You should at least be able to close the lid on a story properly instead of just... stopping

Aug 7, 2015 11:27 AM

HaXXspetten said:
A little bit, yes

Still I was hoping it could be something different rather than just another episode which was literally the same as the rest of the show. If you didn't know this was the finale, you would never have guessed that it was. That's kind of a bad sign in my mind. You should at least be able to close the lid on a story properly instead of just... stopping

I understand what you mean but I think this is more of you having a wrong expectation than anything else.It never intended to conclude something it didnt posses in the first place.Yeah maybe it would be cool to have something absolute and a finale but it wouldn't fit.Ginko will continue to travel and his life and existence just doesn't end.To an anime like Mushishi it just wouldn't find and it doesn't make the movie in itself bad.
Maybe yeah a few words like sayonara would be cool but thats it.

Aug 7, 2015 3:54 PM
I'm really sick of seeing people hating on AoT for the sake of hating on it. It's not a masterpiece or anything, sure, but it really is a good show. Seeing people call it bad just because it's mainstream is one of the most annoying things I've seen.

On topic, Hunter x Hunter (2040) would be a good candidate.
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime

Aug 7, 2015 3:59 PM

omfgplzstop said:
I'm really sick of seeing people hating on AoT for the sake of hating on it. It's not a masterpiece or anything, sure, but it really is a good show. Seeing people call it bad just because it's mainstream is one of the most annoying things I've seen.

togashi need to continues it manga first.

Aug 7, 2015 4:00 PM
Unyilkdr said:
omfgplzstop said:

u mis da jok
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime

Aug 7, 2015 4:14 PM

omfgplzstop said:
Unyilkdr said:
u mis da jok
i want to said togashi need to finish dragon quest first. but i affraid of mikasa.

Aug 7, 2015 4:22 PM

omfgplzstop said:

It's what it's, you'll just have to accept it. Anyhow, if we get a kingdom remake I'm positive it would be rated 9+ on mal.

Aug 7, 2015 9:22 PM

BlueKite said:
A 20th Century Boys anime adaptation would be a good prediction (if ever it gets an anime adaptation sigh)

A boy can dream can't he? Maybe since madhouse animated Monster they'll anime 20th century boys in the future?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Aug 7, 2015 9:29 PM

bobzanny said:
BlueKite said:
A 20th Century Boys anime adaptation would be a good prediction (if ever it gets an anime adaptation sigh)

A boy can dream can't he? Maybe since madhouse animated Monster they'll anime 20th century boys in the future?
All we can do is hope.

If they can adapt Parasyte whose manga is two decades old then I think a 20CB adaptation might be possible

Aug 7, 2015 9:41 PM

BlueKite said:
bobzanny said:

All we can do is hope.

If they can adapt Parasyte whose manga is two decades old then I think a 20CB adaptation might be possible

I think the best answer to when 20CB will be adapted is: when the market demands it. There's no real reason to sell the rights at a low price when mystery isn't in vogue.

Parasyte was probably resurrected due to the popularity of the likes of Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul.

It sucks that it has to be this way though :( At this point, I've just convinced myself that it's not worth worrying about, though.

Aug 7, 2015 9:45 PM

Hunter x Hunter : Dark Continent
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”

Aug 7, 2015 9:48 PM

BlueKite said:
bobzanny said:

All we can do is hope.

There are already live adaptation and just imagine how many episode it will takes to adapt whole series, I don't think anime industry willing to take a risk these days.
"When I am White, I win because I am White. When I am Black, I win because I am Bogoljubov"

Aug 7, 2015 9:55 PM

Ghiffaris said:
BlueKite said:
All we can do is hope.

There are already live adaptation and just imagine how many episode it will takes to adapt whole series, I don't think anime industry willing to take a risk these days.
But then again there are also other anime that had live-action counterparts too.

If they ever adapt it, they can split it into several cours like Durarara.

AttackOnTetris said:
BlueKite said:
All we can do is hope.

I think the best answer to when 20CB will be adapted is: when the market demands it. There's no real reason to sell the rights at a low price when mystery isn't in vogue.

Parasyte was probably resurrected due to the popularity of the likes of Attack on Titan and Tokyo Ghoul.

It sucks that it has to be this way though :( At this point, I've just convinced myself that it's not worth worrying about, though.

Mystery anime might not be a hit right now but who knows it might make a great comeback in the future. But that will take a lot of waiting :/

Aug 7, 2015 10:07 PM

BlueKite said:
Ghiffaris said:

But then again there are also other anime that had live-action counterparts too.

If they ever adapt it, they can split it into several cours like Durarara.

AttackOnTetris said:

Mystery anime might not be a hit right now but who knows it might make a great comeback in the future. But that will take a lot of waiting :/

Well the best we will have to see how Ranpo Kitan does with sales and I believe in Fall we are getting 2 more mystery anime so we can see if the market in Japan desires some good mystery anime.

And the best way to do 20th Century Boys would probably be the way Monster was done. Straight up. Unfortunately anime doesn't really get animated that way anymore. So 3 or 4-cours of 24 episodes would be the mostly likely occurrence.

Aug 7, 2015 10:16 PM

bobzanny said:

Well the best we will have to see how Ranpo Kitan does with sales and I believe in Fall we are getting 2 more mystery anime so we can see if the market in Japan desires some good mystery anime.

And the best way to do 20th Century Boys would probably be the way Monster was done. Straight up. Unfortunately anime doesn't really get animated that way anymore. So 3 or 4-cours of 24 episodes would be the mostly likely occurrence.

24 episodes per season would mean that there will be a 1 year airing gap between seasons. That would also probably mean that they should end each season in a well-executed cliffhanger to maintain the hype. I think it's possible since 20CB has several time-skips.

Aug 7, 2015 11:50 PM

BlueKite said:
bobzanny said:

24 episodes per season would mean that there will be a 1 year airing gap between seasons. That would also probably mean that they should end each season in a well-executed cliffhanger to maintain the hype. I think it's possible since 20CB has several time-skips.

I think they could do a season per time-skip. It's been a while since I read the manga so I don't know how the pacing would be but I like the sound of that. With Sawashiro Miyuki as Kanna...omg with just that I need this adaptation.

Aug 8, 2015 12:17 AM

ryon61 said:
Hunter x Hunter : Dark Continent

Not in this lifetime m8.

You have a better chance of waiting for Togashi's great great great grandchild writing the arc.

And then another 20 years for an anime adaption.

Aug 8, 2015 9:32 AM

how about next hajime no ippo?

Aug 8, 2015 9:36 AM
Hug Addict <3

Unyilkdr said:
First season - 8.86
Second season - 8.77
Third season - 8.71

Following this trend I don't see how a potential fourth season would suddenly get above 9

Aug 8, 2015 9:40 AM

If there was Tokyo Ghoul REMAKE......

Aug 8, 2015 9:41 AM

Suikomaru said:

BY MADHOUSE

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>

Aug 8, 2015 9:51 AM

Owarimonogatari maybe?
I dont read the LNs but i heard this is the last one.

Noragami. Hopefully it gets more praise, especially the manga.

Aug 8, 2015 9:58 AM
Hug Addict <3

TheGeniusBaka said:
Suikomaru said:

BY MADHOUSE
There are way too many people who don't like TG's kind of show so it'd definitely get downvoted by haters if it would somehow end up high

Aug 8, 2015 10:04 AM

TheGeniusBaka said:
Suikomaru said:

BY MADHOUSE

There's no actual need for a remake of the first season, honestly. From everything I've heard about the second, it surely would need one, tho. But... the second part of the manga isn't all that good, anyway. But that's just me speaking and I didn't even like the first, lol.
Modified by Poltergeist18, Aug 8, 2015 10:08 AM

Aug 8, 2015 10:06 AM

One Punch Man has too much hype now, I don't see it going past 8.8.
Previously: BlueXRam

Aug 8, 2015 10:12 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Unyilkdr said:
First season - 8.86
Second season - 8.77
Third season - 8.71

Following this trend I don't see how a potential fourth season would suddenly get above 9
wow, the can't get sequel boost? why?
TrigT said:
Noragami. Hopefully it gets more praise, especially the manga.
did they skip some arc to bishamon arc or not skip them at all? ebisu arc>bishamon arc.

Aug 8, 2015 10:29 AM
Hug Addict <3

Unyilkdr said:
HaXXspetten said:
First season - 8.86
Second season - 8.77
Third season - 8.71

Well even with sequel effect, you know a series can just get legitimately worse the longer it goes on right?

Aug 8, 2015 10:33 AM

Suikomaru said:

Not even the Tokyo ghoul manga is rated 9+. Plus that series has tons of haters as well. Plus people will talk about how "edgy" it's.

Aug 8, 2015 10:37 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Unyilkdr said:
Well even with sequel effect, you know a series can just get legitimately worse the longer it goes on right?
yeah, but some series get higher because sequel boost, when another are not? so, did the sequel boost actually exist or not?

Aug 8, 2015 10:40 AM
Hug Addict <3

Unyilkdr said:
HaXXspetten said:
yeah, but some series get higher because sequel boost, when another are not? so, did the sequel boost actually exist or not?
Of course sequel effect is real, that's an undeniable fact. But if the quality drop of a sequel is big enough then that'll lower the rating more than the sequel effect will increase it. If a sequel is exactly the same quality as the first season then it will be higher rated 100% of the time though

It's really not that hard to understand I don't think

Aug 16, 2015 6:34 AM
New Hokuto no Ken anime, covering 100% of the manga

Aug 16, 2015 6:37 AM

next gintama season, im not the biggest fan of the show but 50% of the fans on here will give it a 10/10 after the 1st episode
so it will always be in top 10

-----
AttackOnTetris said:
There's too much backlash hate against Shingeki no Kyojin because its mainstream appeal overshadows its rightful status as a masterpiece. The same people who finished S1 despite "hating" it will also "grudgingly" watch S2 just to "see what all the hype is about".

Berserk and 20th Century Boys can get adapted and get 9+. Not sure about other series.
sorry but Shingeki has far too many flaws to be a masterpiece IMO
got nothing to with the mainstream appeal
Modified by jnw93, Aug 16, 2015 6:42 AM

Aug 16, 2015 6:45 AM
Onepunch-Man maybe...?
If they do the battles the right way: not just oneshots left and right but with a decent build up

Aug 16, 2015 6:48 AM

I think Hakomari or Oyasumi Punpun if they ever get a chance will have a decent chance..Realistically speaking,any shounen franchise might preferably take the itle

Aug 16, 2015 6:51 AM

keragamming said:
Suikomaru said:

Not even the Tokyo ghoul manga is rated 9+. Plus that series has tons of haters as well. Plus people will talk about how "edgy" it's.

Maybe it can get 9+ precisely because of the original adaptation. Most people have seen it, and if they hate it that much, they probably won't watch a remake, so it'll get a bit of the "sequel boost".
jnw93 said:
sorry but Shingeki has far too many flaws to be a masterpiece IMO got nothing to with the mainstream appeal

Well that's your opinion, nothing more. Sequel boost is a real thing.

Aug 16, 2015 7:03 AM
Hug Addict <3

AttackOnTetris said:
jnw93 said:
sorry but Shingeki has far too many flaws to be a masterpiece IMO got nothing to with the mainstream appeal

Well that's your opinion, nothing more. Sequel boost is a real thing.
There won't be much sequel boost when everyone and their mothers have seen SnK anyway

Just look at SAO II for example, and that's a franchise with waaaaaayyyy more haters than SnK does

Aug 16, 2015 7:24 AM

I thought the main driving factor of sequel boost is that people who don't like the first season won't watch the second season. So a lot of these haters, if they truly legitimately hate SnK, will not watch the second season and thus not downrate it. However, as we can see from SAO, most of these "haters" hate the first season so much that they go watch a whole new season just so they can hate on it some more. Or maybe it's just that they actually like the show and think it's cool to hate on it.

Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »