Forum Settings
Forums

Predict the next 9+ rated anime on MAL and give reasoning why

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Aug 3, 2015 4:48 PM

Probably something like Muv-Luv Alternative if it got a good adaption with a huge budget. (I can only hope)

Aug 3, 2015 6:14 PM
AttackOnTetris said:
There's too much backlash hate against Shingeki no Kyojin because its mainstream appeal overshadows its rightful status as a masterpiece. The same people who finished S1 despite "hating" it will also "grudgingly" watch S2 just to "see what all the hype is about".

Berserk and 20th Century Boys can get adapted and get 9+. Not sure about other series.

Lmao.

AoT fans are so delusional about their awful show, it's almost unreal.

Aug 3, 2015 8:17 PM

What does it means when an anime enter the 9.00+ when almost all the great show never exceed the cap of 8.20?

Aug 3, 2015 8:39 PM

Ephemer4l said:
Probably something like Muv-Luv Alternative if it got a good adaption with a huge budget. (I can only hope)

Well, Age said in their latest video for their MLA English Release Kickstarter that they are interested in making an anime series out of the Muv Luv series.

If in the future they make one, hope they make it exactly as the creator wants it to be made.

two animes (Extra and Unlimited) and 3 movies (for Alternative one for each arc) I think.

Aug 3, 2015 8:54 PM

Hrybami said:
What does it means when an anime enter the 9.00+ when almost all the great show never exceed the cap of 8.20?

It means you're a hipster.

Aug 3, 2015 9:15 PM

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm: Beyond the Sky, into the Firmament.
On the VN, I heard it's really good....... I'm not sure if VN adaptations are worse or better than the animes.
[center][center]

Aug 3, 2015 9:16 PM
Well if the Punpun manga somehow gets a 9 on here imagine all the idiots giving the anime a 10?

Aug 3, 2015 9:28 PM

Mazaev said:
Well if the Punpun manga somehow gets a 9 on here imagine all the idiots giving the anime a 10?

Omg they like something I don't like - lets call them names!

Aug 3, 2015 9:40 PM

Mazaev said:
any studio can justice this series? all i can see will gonna be mess. maybe long ova will be great. but it's also impossible.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 3, 2015 10:08 PM

Unyilkdr said:
Mazaev said:
any studio can justice this series? all i can see will gonna be mess. maybe long ova will be great. but it's also impossible.
how long? 8 hors long?

Aug 3, 2015 10:12 PM

UnoPuntoCinco said:
Unyilkdr said:
how long? 8 hors long?
i mean continuations ova like LoGH. every chapter are important to punpun character building, and cannot skip/adapit in different order. limited it in seasonal adaptations gonna be mess.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Aug 3, 2015 10:19 PM

Unyilkdr said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
how long? 8 hors long?
i mean continuations ova like LoGH. every chapter are important to punpun character building, and cannot skip/adapit in different order. limited it in seasonal adaptations gonna be mess.
It wouldn't work as animation, a mix between live-action and animation would work better

Aug 3, 2015 10:23 PM

UnoPuntoCinco said:
Unyilkdr said:
It wouldn't work as animation, a mix between live-action and animation would work better
how?

Aug 3, 2015 10:33 PM

Unyilkdr said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
how?
Using animation for the metaphores, some rotoscoping for very intense scenes would be nice too this would ease the impact of the form of Punpun and his family to the audience, even in the manga his look is very different to the rest of the characters.

Aug 3, 2015 10:41 PM

UnoPuntoCinco said:
Unyilkdr said:
how?
Using animation for the metaphores, some rotoscoping for very intense scenes would be nice too this would ease the impact of the form of Punpun and his family to the audience, even in the manga his look is very different to the rest of the characters.
you mean like death note style? well, some of their background also symbolic and too many LSD in this series. but yeah, if they can doing it right too.

Aug 3, 2015 10:42 PM

Unyilkdr said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
you mean like death note style? well, some of their background also symbolic and too many LSD in this series. but yeah, if they can doing it right too.
didn't watch death note

Aug 5, 2015 5:16 AM

Gintama's 3rd movie

if there is one lol

Aug 5, 2015 5:22 AM
Hug Addict <3

Unyilkdr said:
UnoPuntoCinco said:
Punpun's art style doesn't really look like anything else. It'd be really hard to replicate in an anime

A cuddle a day keeps the pouting away~
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"

Aug 5, 2015 5:25 AM

Unyilkdr said:
noep
Moar like Kuuchuu Buranko or Aku no Hana with better rotoscoping

Aug 5, 2015 5:26 AM

One punch man. If you've read the manga you will know why.

Aug 5, 2015 5:34 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Unyilkdr said:
Punpun's art style doesn't really look like anything else. It'd be really hard to replicate in an anime

in the last serious Gintama arc were backgrounds that looked rotroscoped it could be done this way looked great

Aug 5, 2015 5:48 AM
Free Shrugs

All we need is to keep those Gintamas going. They're capable of filling up the whole first page of the MAL top anime list.

Aug 5, 2015 9:25 AM

HaXXspetten said:
artstyle can reduplicate, it's not that hard. some wierd ways can adapted it too. just look at how different natsume artstyle anime and manga. both of them justify each other. but character building can't replaced.
Karadzic said:
Unyilkdr said:
noep
Moar like Kuuchuu Buranko or Aku no Hana with better rotoscoping
but they have amazing art style and background too. only wierd in punpun reader view.
smelldemon said:
One punch man. If you've read the manga you will know why.
manga reader also know that this series gonna be mess with those "Action" hype.
RedTie47 said:
All we need is to keep those Gintamas going. They're capable of filling up the whole first page of the MAL top anime list.
it's already. top anime sort by comedy: http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?genre[0]=4&q=&sy=0&sm=0&sd=0&ey=0&em=0&ed=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&o=3&w=1
1-5 is gintama.

Aug 5, 2015 9:36 AM
Loli-Sazanami said:
20th Century Boys Anime
Oyasumi Punpun Anime
Hakomari Anime
Jojo part 7 Anime
Vagabond Anime
Vinland Saga Anime
New Anime directed my Yuasa
Blame! Anime remake (the original is a shitty ONA)
Berserk Anime remake
Battle Angel Alita Anime remake
New Anime written by ABe Yoshitoshi
Legend of the Galactic Heroes Anime remake
Most of that list won't be adapted, but a man can dream.

Aug 5, 2015 9:43 AM
Hug Addict <3

If Sunrise would ever decide to adapt Muv-Luv, Baldr Sky or Muramasa then anything's possible

Aug 5, 2015 9:47 AM
HaXXspetten said:
If Sunrise would ever decide to adapt Muv-Luv, Baldr Sky or Muramasa then anything's possible
No, we live in the age of modern anime, where garbage light novel adaptations get sequels and same with cute girls doing cute things. We really need another Yuru Yuri season? I have no faith in the anime industry, so I'll eat my hat if 25% of the list that Loli-Sasazanami's wish list came true.

Aug 5, 2015 9:51 AM

Aeonic said:
HaXXspetten said:
No, we live in the age of modern anime, where garbage light novel adaptations get sequels and same with cute girls doing cute things. We really need another Yuru Yuri season? I have no faith in the anime industry, so I'll eat my hat if 25% of the list that Loli-Sasazanami's wish list came true.

So 3? Yuasa hasn't quit directing or anything, so that's likely to happen. As is JoJo 7. Eventually. And isn't LoGH already getting a remake?
Sieg Zeon!

Aug 5, 2015 9:53 AM

SuperRed said:
JJBA Steel Ball Run anime adaptation.

Absolutely
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Aug 5, 2015 9:59 AM

Next Yuasa's anime with a pair of attractive characters
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.

Aug 5, 2015 10:00 AM

QuattroVaginas said:
Aeonic said:

So 3? Yuasa hasn't quit directing or anything, so that's likely to happen. As is JoJo 7. Eventually. And isn't LoGH already getting a remake?
The LoGH remake has no concrete details so who knows if it will actually happen. Also if you want to count Despera for ABe, then that's another fairly plausible title. ABe is more of an artist than a writer so he's more likely to work on character designs than anything, Haibane Renmei is an exception of course.

Aug 5, 2015 10:00 AM

QuattroVaginas said:
And isn't LoGH already getting a remake?
not remake. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-12/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-novels-get-anime
based on novels, not it old anime.

Aug 5, 2015 10:02 AM

We need a masterful Ever17 anime!

Aug 5, 2015 10:04 AM
Hug Addict <3

Aeonic said:
HaXXspetten said:
Yuru Yuri is actually pretty popular and generally considered one of the best slice of life comedies on the market so you could probably have picked a better example :s

Aug 5, 2015 10:09 AM

OkayCaim said:
The next HxH anime centered on Gon's bicurious phase.

Aug 5, 2015 10:12 AM

Ventose said:
Next Yuasa's anime with a pair of attractive characters

And they look like 110% Asian because they look realistic, otherwise it`s another goofy character design just like Kaiba and Tatami Galaxy.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907

Aug 7, 2015 1:56 AM

HakoMari if adapted by the right studio may have a chance to get a low 9 but that's iffy especially the way the story is presented.

20th Century Boys I'd say would have a very high chance of making it 9+ even with the, imo, weak ending.

Most realistic I'd say is the Steins;Gate sequel. Not only does it have the sequel effect but if it's actually really good then, since the predecessor had 9+ the sequel should as well.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Aug 7, 2015 2:35 AM
Hug Addict <3

bobzanny said:
Most realistic I'd say is the Steins;Gate sequel. Not only does it have the sequel effect but if it's actually really good then, since the predecessor had 9+ the sequel should as well.
Yeah but it's highly unlikely that it'll be as good as the original given that it's largely based on various drama CDs and side stories. Plus it'll be a whole new story rather than just a continuation, and the odds of them being able to write something brand new that is just as good as the original Steins;Gate feels a bit unlikely

Also Steins;Gate has hundreds of thousands of voters anyway, so it's not like the sequel effect will be THAT big anyway. The sample size is way too big for that

Aug 7, 2015 3:20 AM

HaXXspetten said:
Yuru Yuri is actually pretty popular and generally considered one of the best slice of life comedies on the market so you could probably have picked a better example :s
I love Slice of Life anime (Last time I checked that MAL Achievements thing, I'd seen a bit over 100 SOL anime) and I've probably enjoyed 90% of the shows I've seen in the genre. Yuru Yuri is well within the other 10%. It's mediocre, soulless and relies almost entirely on repeating the exact same lame jokes over and over again.

I don't dislike Yuru Yuri because it's cutesy or because I'm offended by it or anything like that. I dislike it because it sucks. It's sort of like what Assassin's Creed is to those open world action games. And just like AC, you could easily find a ton of better stuff within the same genre even if you just stick to the popular stuff.

Aug 7, 2015 3:23 AM
The next HxH anime coming in 2055 when the Dark Expidition arc is finished.

Aug 7, 2015 3:23 AM
Hug Addict <3

SeibaaHomu said:
HaXXspetten said:
I love Slice of Life anime (Last time I checked that MAL Achievements thing, I'd seen a bit over 100 SOL anime) and I've probably enjoyed 90% of the shows I've seen in the genre. Yuru Yuri is well within the other 10%. It's mediocre, soulless and relies almost entirely on repeating the exact same lame jokes over and over again.

I don't dislike Yuru Yuri because it's cutesy or because I'm offended by it or anything like that. I dislike it because it sucks. It's sort of like what Assassin's Creed is to those open world action games. And just like AC, you could easily find a ton of better stuff within the same genre even if you just stick to the popular stuff.
Well... my point still stands though, just because you didn't like it doesn't change the fact that most people do

Aug 7, 2015 3:31 AM

I think Harmony will be a good one

Aug 7, 2015 3:37 AM

Mazaev said:

impossible to translate to anime. too many "inappropriate" themes, also too much would be censored....
I agree that the manga exaggerated A LOT on the later parts, but there were still a lot of interesting things in it (even though I ended up hating every single character, lol) and it made me think about stuff which I'm pretty sure was the intention of the author so I have to give it some credit...
also, I'm sure the author once said he never wants to have an anime adaption of punpun

Maybe not the next 9+ rated anime, but I'm so hoping for a very good visual novel anime adaption in the future.... I don't even care which one (as long as it's a good, high-rated one).... but that's nearly impossible to do considering how long the majority of them are ... ;_;

Aug 7, 2015 3:41 AM

Gintama***, Bcecause it's "Gintama"
bobzanny said:
HakoMari if adapted by the right studio may have a chance to get a low 9 but that's iffy especially the way the story is presented.
And this

Aug 7, 2015 5:01 AM

gintama obv after it gets 408449230482904 bajillion anime adaptations

Aug 7, 2015 6:27 AM

A 20th Century Boys anime adaptation would be a good prediction (if ever it gets an anime adaptation sigh)

Aug 7, 2015 6:51 AM

Red_Tuesday said:
Some shock value grabbing low-brow dribble as always, what do I win?

It also needs to have a school setting, possibly a harem and lots of technobubble too and people will call it a subversion or some shit.

Aug 7, 2015 7:33 AM

still counting those hype from OPM and wait it fall.

Aug 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R3 ? It would deserve it ...

Aug 7, 2015 9:37 AM

Steins gate 0 might, pretty good chance obviously. But people on this site will downvote it regardless. Ratings mean jack shit on this site

Aug 7, 2015 9:40 AM

Unyilkdr said:
still counting those hype from OPM and wait it fall.
And I'll laugh very hard if dat prediction was wrong XD
ClinT- said:
Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R3 ? It would deserve it ...
[spoiler]Lelouch is dead, right?

Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »